Start by marking “Not His Dragon (Not This, #1)” as Want to Read:
Not His Dragon (Not This, #1)

Not His Dragon

(Not This #1)

Eoin Grant hasn’t encountered a female of his race in decades, and this crazy person’s scent declares her unmated. Fate set her in his path, and he won’t let this opportunity slip through his claws. No matter how wary she is of him. After all, how many chances does a dragon have at finding love? But fate can be a crueler mistress than his perfect mate. Of all things, she t ...more
Published July 25th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Not His Dragon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Not His Dragon

Start your review of Not His Dragon (Not This, #1)
Angela (Angel's Guilty Pleasures)
Not His Dragon is book one in the Not This series by Annie Nicholas.

It’s fun, cute, and silly. I enjoyed the town with it’s shifters. I liked that the shifters live opening amongst the humans. I liked how our hero and heroine first meet and I had fun with their romance.

Eoin is yummy. I do so love dragon shifters. I had fun with his relationship with Angie and how it grew. I also liked Angie, her business, and how she interacted with Eoin.

I did feel that their where things that could have been f
Sm
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was really excited to read this based on the blurb and the adorable cover, but the world/character building seemed to unravel and it was hard to maintain that initial excitement throughout

"she took off like a lone gazelle at a lion convention" - this made me bust out a laugh and I was feeling really good about this story

"an app that would beep when he clapped" - fabulous idea! how has someone not made this already????

"Nice tat. What does it say?"
"Rash."
"What? Why?" - Hyena-Level LOL

but then ..
SoBeA
Aug 20, 2016 rated it liked it
So so much potential but not fleshed out enough for me.

I wish there'd been more about her shop, and all the bad luck she had,
And more about the wolves... she tells us that the alpha wolf is into her but we don't see it. The omega wolf we're told is her bestie, but IMO they come off as work acquaintances at best. The H and h's relationship went from almost 0 to the ILY's in the blink of an eye.
The bits about the vampire seemed almost random because it's like we get bits and pieces of info but w
Jasmine Walt
Sep 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!

I don't read shifter romances as much as I used to, so this was a nice treat. Eoin is absolutely yummy, and I loved watching his relationship with Angie grow. I also loved learning about how this society works, with shifters living openly amongst humans, and thought the idea of Angie having a back scratching business for shifters was pretty clever. Hope there are more stories set in this world of dragons and shifters and vampires for me to read! I'd love to learn more about Victor and R
Chappy
Feb 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a pretty good urban fantasy, with a dash of humor and some interesting ideas.

Angie is just trying to keep her head above water and her back-scratching service is quite smart in a shifter populated area. She's not looking for the grouchy dragon's attention but she gets it anyways.

I'm going to keep going with this series to see how this world develops.
Coco.V
Sep 28, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/28/2019)! 🎁
Donna
Sep 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I found this to be a sweet little starter book. I loved the characters and the story definitely held my interest. I am curious as to what type of dragon that she is. I will be looking forward to reading book 2.
Faith89
Jul 03, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc-review
copy received for honest review
This story was different in a good way. I was hesitant to read a "dragon romance". This story makes you stretch your imagination. there are a few holes but the story is still easy to follow. I liked the characters and some of the scenes made me laugh.I liked how Eoin was fierce and then shy at times. Angie was fierce but had the worst luck at times. Not bad for a first book in the series. I liked the mystery of who Angie was and enjoyed their road to HEA.
Emily (Mrs B's Books)

I don't read paranormal books as often as i used too, however this was a really nice refreshing dip into the waters again, which has tempted me to read them again more often. Why did i put them down in the first place?!

The book is full of wit and sarcasm that just had me smiling and Eion's determination to get Angie once he had seen her was certainly strong. However he portrayed that alpha male, i must look after m
Coyora Dokusho
Breath of fresh air!!!! Intensely amusing; great, lovable characters; lots of funny moments!! Hope more books in the series come out~~~~
Cara Bristol
Jan 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun & funny dragon shifter romance. Loved the beginning when the heroine pepper-sprayed the dragon. Cute read. ...more
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Not his Dragon by Annie Nicholas
Not my first book by this writer which I really enjoy before. Only thing that worried me was the number of pages.
Sometimes a book with this many pages ends up dragging and I got bored through parts.
Eoin is a isolated dragon and has been away from his clan for many years.
Angie own her own business and has always been a little different but doesn't smell like shifter so everyone believes she's human. That's is until she meets Eoin and he tells her she smells like
Mara
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: pnr
2 1/2
A fun and enjoyable read if very light. So thin plot, shallow word building and shallower characterization.
Please, read Sm's review that explains it all:

Still a nice treat for a rainy afternoon :)
Jennifer Brown
Jul 25, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, shifters
A good start to a series. I liked the characters and the concept, could have been more detailed. Parts of it were rushed and it left me feeling like I missed something.

This is set in a world where shifters are known to the general public, there's all kinds of kinds (Dragons, werewolves, big cats, vampires, etc). Angie runs a back scratch clinic (think along the lines of a massage therapist) and Eoin is the local dragon. She was raised human but there's obviously something more to her. After one
Charlotte
Jun 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
*WARNING* contains adult situations
Eoin is a century old dragon shifter who left his clan. Eoin is an artist who isn't doing so well at the moment, but people sre to afraid of him to tell him what they don't like.
Angie is baring keeping her scratching business in the black. The werewolf alpha think Angie should be his. Everything in Angie's business keeps breaking. Then on top of everything else this dragon man comes in and scares all her customers away!
The female lead is spunky and strong. The
Jul 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Im calling this a 2.5 down the middle.... The male MC Eoin was likable enough if not a little bland the Heroine Angie was very one dimensional without much personality or character...

The story Plodded Along, a few minor obstacles but most were overcome in a matter of pages...

The book did contradict itself a bit....

"Angie turned a slow circle in the middle of the room surrounded by his cars. “Some of these are antiques.” She ran her hands over the Aston Martin with reverence"

So a lot of valuable
Kelci
Apr 16, 2020 rated it liked it
Cute, fast romp

I quite enjoyed the verbal sparring that happened between virtually every character. I liked seeing the different supernatural creatures working together (albeit not always).

Eoin is a weird mix of stodgy old fogey with a modern vocabulary, but it mostly works. Angie is adorably feisty, and comes across as the most believable character; she gets the most background out of everyone.

I would have liked to have seen more about the shop, the bad luck, and more resolution to that part of
Kristine (A Cozy Booknook)
This is a delightful book! The author has created a unique shifter universe with this amusing story., I didn't want to put it down. There is something for everyone to enjoy. Enjoyed getting to know these characters and found them amusing, feisty, and strong. I look forward to reading more from this author.

I received a copy of this book from the author, my review has been voluntarily submitted.
Joan
Jul 24, 2018 rated it liked it
I nearly dnf'd this very early on - some of the words used seemed clunky and just not right - (tits - as thought by a woman) but I decided it might be a cultural thing and skimmed past the rather 'ugly' writing there.

It took a while to get into the story but I read to the end and enjoyed it a(as the first in a series) A mix of serious stuff and froth. I liked the characters and it was very refreshing not to have the usual 'billionaire' shapeshifter ;)
ErMoS  Wiler
Jul 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved it !!❤️😍😍😊

I read the second book first some how I thought I wasn't going to like This book I was so000 WronG!!!

Book 2 was Great To0 !!❤️😍❤️😍

Im happy They Got there HEA !😊

I'm not going to write more Because I Don't want to give anything away !!

Can't wait For Book 3,4,5,6,7...etc To come out !!😍😍😍

PNR Dragons
Free on Amazon 06-26-18.
Noodle The Naughty Night Owl
Apr 13, 2020 marked it as dnf-not-for-me
1/10: Couldn't get past the first few chapters; not for me.
Miranda
Jun 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mobi-files
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

I loved this book! It was exactly what I needed. It was light hearted, funny, sarcastic, and sweet. I laughed out loud a few times and enjoyed all the banter between the characters. Eoin was scary and intimidated everyone he encountered but when it came to Angie he was super sweet. Angie was independent and a strong female even though she felt she didn't belong in any certain group. She had many insecurities but didn't let those sto
Minx
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this series starter and will definitely continue with this series 😁!
Sharon McDonnell
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book, I found it laugh out loud in places and the romance tugged at my heart...definitely worth a read
Yogesh Jain
Feb 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-romance
It was a soft and sweet book. We all knew what was going to happen so it wasn't a surprise.

However i liked how the relationship between the characters developed over the few days.
Judy Lewis
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
CUTE, SASSY AND DELIGHTFULLY ENTERTAINING !!!
Title: Not His Dragon
Author: Annie Nicholas
Designation: Paranormal Romance, Full-Length Standalone, No Cliffhanger
Reading Platform: Kindle Unlimited
My Rating: Five Deliciously Cute Stars*****
Wow! Another fabulous story from Annie Nicholas! Not His Dragon is a cute, imaginative, fast-paced, fun-filled standalone paranormal tale filled to the brim with danger, drama, suspense, romance, humor and of course, as always, lots of Nicholas' trademark snark. I
Kiri Salazar
Oct 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
A Romp of a Read

A lighthearted dragon romance filled with everyday sorts of charm. The book is a little light on plot, but the characters' raw emotional qualities help sell the little girl lost romance between Angie and her reclusive dragon artist. I liked the back and forth challenge between Angie and Eoin. I did wish there had been a more detailed work up of the relationship--I imagine frenzy only gets you so far in building a bond. But, the writer did do a good job of humanising the lonelines
Darla
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Eoin Grant is an artist and a dragon and when he runs into Angie Weldon on the street he's bewildered because she smells like a dragon but believes she's a human with some shifter genes in her background due to her extra long nails and quick healing. Eoin soon sees that there's some kind of spell keeping Angie from touching magic and being able to shift. As if that's not enough to deal with, as Eoin sets out to court Angie he's soon joined by two other dragons who want to keep her for their own. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »

• The Vampire wants a Wife (Supernatural Dating Agency, #1)
  • Where Sleeping Dragons Lie (Dragon Shifters of Elysia, #1)
  • Hate, Date, or Mate? (Supernatural Dating Agency #3)
  • Here for the Seer (Supernatural Dating Agency Book 4)
  • Violca's Dragon (The Dragon Ruby, #1)
  • A Devil of a Date (Supernatural Dating Agency #2)
  • Singed by the Dragon (MacBrayne Clan, #1)
  • Shift Happens (New Orleans Nocturnes, #2)
  • Blind Seduction (Team Red, #1)
  • Dragon Called (Prince of the Other Worlds, #1)
  • Dawn of Legend
  • Rogue Bear's Fated Mate: A First Time BBW Alpha Male Romance (Haven Bear Shifters Book 1)
  • Lion Hearts Tiger (Heartland Shifters, #1)
  • Tiger Mate (Silverlake Shifters, #3)
  • Royally Charmed (Royal Lions Duology, #1)
  • The Call (Building the Circle, #1)
  • Howl's You Doin'? (His Mate #1)
  • Phwoar and Peace (Supernatural Dating Agency Book 6)
Annie Nicholas hibernates in the rural, green mountains of Vermont where she dreams of different worlds, heroes, and heroines. When spring arrives the stories pour from her, in hopes to share them with the masses one day.

Mother, daughter, wife are some of the hats she happily wears while trudging after her cubs through the hills and dales. The four seasons an inspiration and muse.

Not This (5 books)
  • Not His Werewolf (Not This, #2)
  • Not His Vampire (Not This, #3)
  • Not Her Gargoyle (Not This, #4)
  • Not Her Alpha (Not This, #5)

News & Interviews

“She geared her ass to holy-shit-it's-going-to-eat-me speed and didn't think the soles of her flip-flops hit the ground until she reached the door to her own little business. (Angie)” 0 likes
“Apologies tended to give him migraines, which was why he avoided them. (Eoin)” 0 likes