Start by marking “Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)” as Want to Read:
Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles, #2)

Legend of Love (Muse Chronicles #2)

4.29  ·  Rating details ·  87 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Callie O'Connor's life has never been the same since the Muse of Epic Poetry came alive inside of her. Now she's on the other side of the country, working as civilian psychologist for the Navy, and leading her Muse sisters in their quest to reopen the Theater of the Muses.

But nothing could have prepared her for Hunter Armstrong. He's a Navy Seal, driven, confident, and dan
Published December 5th 2016 by Lisa's Lair

To ask other readers questions about Legend of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Legend of Love

Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
Legend of Love by Lisa Kessler is the second book in the Muse Chronicles series. If I were to make a comparison with the previous book. I would have to say this my favourite.

What the story is about.

Legend of Love is Callie O’Connor’s story. Callie is a woman of adventure, but when the muse epic poetry came alive within her, her life was never the same. To escape the effects of what her muse does to her she moved across the country and took a job as a civilian psychologist for the Navy while lead
Lorna
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: paranormal, romance
(RabidReads.com)3.5/5 stars rounded up. Book 2 of The Muse Chronicles, continues this series about a group of modern day women, each with a Muse that lives inside her. Muses, as in Greek mythological beings-daughters of Zeus. These women are trying to renovate an old theater in order to facilitate all things artistic, for the ages. Of course, it’s not that simple. There’s a group out to get them and they want to wipe out all of the Muses.

This time around is Callie’s turn. She was one of the more
Kim Reads (Read Your Writes Book Reviews)
Lisa Kessler helps readers learn a little about Greek mythology with her Muse Chronicles series.

Legend of Love is the second book in the series and is a standalone read. The story features Callie O’Connor, a Navy Psychologist, and Hunter Armstrong, a Navy SEAL. The two meet when Hunter is sent to her to deal with the outcome of his last mission and get cleared to return to duty. Their session doesn’t go so well, but their attraction to each other is clear. It isn’t long before they figure out th
Shan
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love this series and Lisa Kessler's writing! I love the romance and the suspense! Legend of Love is the 2nd book in the Muse Chronicles, and although each book is about a different Muse and their Guardian, I think it's best to read the first book before this one or you will have some spoilers for the first in this book, and the first book is excellent as well, so no hardship there. The Muses are in danger because someone is out to kill them so they can't open a theater and inspire people to do ...more
Angel Hatfield
Apr 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Muses are daughters of Zeus in Greek mythology. There’s a group out to get all the muses and wipe them out. The group- Order Of The Titans wants to stop muses from bringing any good to the world. Although lethal at times this group seem inept. The group is also drilling into the earth’s core through an oil well and trying to get out an even worse group that they believe is there even though there is no proof. Callie is the muse of Epic Poetry in a spiritual way. Callie is also the leader of thi ...more
Olivia Welch
Sep 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another muse well written! I'm enjoying this series because I haven't encountered a series about muses. It fun to see the characters change and watch how the story evolves.
Crystal Flannery
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another great story in the muse chronicles. This time the group known as Kronos are attacking as hard as ever, but most of the muses don't realize how close to home they have been to their group. A wonderful love story of Hunter and Callie, as they both have to deal with their issues to find peace with themselves before they can find it together.
Bobbie
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Callie O'Connor loves adventure she needs it, when she thought it was going to be taken from her she ran. Working as a psychologist for the Navy she meets Hunter and sparks fly. The attraction they have towards each other is scaring her. She doesn't want to hurt another, but can she walk away?
Petrina
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really good book!

Really good read. I loved the characters and I liked reading Callie's story. I am looking forward to the next book in the series. The stories are getting progressively better.
Kahea
***4 'Things are starting to get interesting' Stars***

I really enjoyed Lure of Obsession, closet Greek mythology nerdgirl here, and after finishing it I knew I’d be grabbing the next one to see what would be coming next for the Muse’s and I wasn’t disappointed! Legend of Love is fun, quick read with a good mix of romance, heat and suspense that kept me turning the pages until I couldn’t turn them any more.

Callie is the Muse of Epic Poetry and the unspoken leader of her sister Muses. She has ac
Elizabeth Neal
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Hunter, a Navy SEAL, is home after a mission gone wrong. A teammate was captured and he's determined to bring him home, however, he must first be approved by a psychologist. When he sees her, he can't stop thinking about playing doctor. He's hopeful he'll get cleared for duty very soon, have some fun with his shrink, and figure out why all of a sudden he can hear thoughts.

Callie, a civilian, works with the military ensuring men and women are emotionally and mentally healthy to perform their jobs
Stacy
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley

LEGEND OF LOVE was just as fast paced and full of romance as book one, LURE OF OBSESSION. We learned a lot about the world of the muse chronicles in book one, so book two stuck to the continued storyline and character love story.

Callie is the Muse of Epic Poetry and isn't looking for a relationship, so when Hunter Armstrong walks into her office and starts to flirt she tries very hard to keep him at arms length—even though she is just as drawn to him as he is to her. On top of her pact with her
Meghan Lloyd
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read, with a lot of action and romance that kept me wanting to read more and more. It picks up where the previous book left off, and I liked how you didn't really need to read the first book to understand what's going on (although it helps).

Dr. Callie O'Connor is a psychologist on the local military base in Crystal City, California. She's been on a no-dating streak for a while, along with her "sisters", the Muses. Each have within them a Muse from Greek mythology. Callie's is th
Paula
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved the first book in the Muse Chronicles but I think Legend of Love by Lisa Kessler is even better if that is possible. It is a must read for fans of well-written intriguing romance with just enough magic to keep it from being predictable. This latest addition, book 2, continues the overall theme of the danger to the muse sisters as well as learning more about those villains, the Kronos worshippers. While you could read this book as a stand-alone, the big picture would be clearer by reading ...more
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
This book picks up where the previous one left off. The sisters are working together to refurbish the theatre, and the Kronos worshippers are doing anything they can to get in their way.

Callie, who houses the muse of epic poetry, is a complex character. A civilian psychiatrist contracted to work with the military, Callie has past traumas of her own that she keeps wrapped tightly within. When she lets her muse loose, people get hurt, so it's safer that way. Well, it seems that way until Navy SEAL
Petula
Sep 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Navy SEAL, Captain Hunter Armstrong is desperate to get back to the desert and rescue the team mate they lost, but until intelligence find out where he is being held he can't go anywhere. The navy insist he see a shrink to make sure he's got his head together.
Dr Callie O'Connor is also the "Muse of Epic Poetry " that makes her a bit of an adrenaline junkie. She finds it hard to live without excitement. As the Muses are targets of the Order of Titans, that excitement can be deadly.
Our heroine i
Vickie Raynor
Jun 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hunter and Callie's story was epic. The way the author combined mythology of the past into the future was superb. It was a joy to read and learn at the same time. I love a book that can captivate me from the beginning and hold that interest throughout making it impossible to put down the book! Book gifted to me.
Linda
A pulse-pounding blend of sweet, heat and dangerous perils!

“No matter what you tell me—” his lips curved into a sexy smile “—I’ll still want you.”

“But you’ll at least understand why it’s a bad idea.”

He tipped his head back under the water. “Oh, Doc…” He ran his hands through his hair and met her eyes again. “I’m the king of bad ideas.”

Legend of Love by Lisa Kessler is another exciting, fast-paced, action-packed installment in The Muse Chronicles series. The series has strong Greek mythology ov
RoloPoloBookBlog
Legend of Love by Lisa Kessler
Book #2: The Muse Chronicles
Source: Netgalley and Purchase
My Rating: 4/5 stars
My Review:

Among the Muses, Callie O’Connor is the one most determined to stick to the “no men” pact she and her sisters struck. The last time Callie got involved with a man, her muse took over and the entanglement ended beyond badly. In fact, it ended so badly, Callie hasn’t even seen her own family in several years. Thankfully, she has the other Muses and their theater.

Hunter Armstrong i
Stacy Sabala
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: suspense, romance
Book Review- Legend of Love by Lisa Kessler

Hunter is home from active duty as a navy seal. After his last mission and his missing team member, his commanding officers what him to be in top form. He has been ordered to seek medical help and get a psych evaluation.
Calli O’Conner is the doctor he is sent to. He is immediately attracted to her. However he doesn’t want to be there. He hopes she will sign off on his paper work. She refuses.
Calli has her own issues. The muse of epic poetry shares her b
Rubysbooks
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review originally published at Ruby's Books

*Disclaimer: I received an eARC of this book from Netgalley and Lisa Kessler in exchange for an honest review. This does not influence my rating or the content of my review in any way.

I'm completely in love with this series, and I'm waiting anxiously for each and every book in this series. The second book in this series takes the story further, by introducing a new Guardian, Hunter, but also by making the villains more evil and scarier, maybe even a lit
Patricia
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing

This is the second book in the Muse Chronicles . This is a great new series and in book two we are introduced to Callie and Hunter . Callie is a psychologist working for the Navy but she is more then that . She is also the Muse of Epic Poetry and the leader of the Muse sisters . Hunter Armstrong is a Navy Seal, who is dangerous , sexy and all out alpha . When they meet its sparks that both of them want to deny . Will they survive each other and the titans to figure out how much they mean to eac
P Leslie
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinion stated are solely my own and no one else's*

This was a great read, pretty much continuing from where things left off in the first book.

Callie is the Muse of Epic Poetry and works as a civilian psychiatrist. When Navy SEAL Hunter walks into her office, sparks start flying but she's reluctant to pursue her attraction.

Hunter is drawn to Callie, he wants her yet she keeps pushing him away, but why? The birthmark on his wrist is getting rea
Douglas Meeks
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well this is the second book in this series and I have to say I liked it a bit better than book 1, the hero was a character easy to like, the heroine was not buried in her problems to the point of boring us with angst.

The story moved at a good pace, the threats were just dangerous enough to keep you on edge but not so much that it stressed you out to the point you really felt worse for reading it. The romance was done well, the sex was about right (since too many novels stick a sex scene in ever
Brenda M.
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Lisa Kessler has done it again!

Callie O'Conner is strictly on an Inspiration before Intercourse diet. But The Fates have thrown a wrench into her plans when Hunter Armstrong walks into her office for a session.

Now she has to convince herself and Hunter, that she's no good for him and they can't connect.
How cruel that The Fates made her Guardian the walking talking version of Sex on a Stick!
So now, she has to handle Hunter and the Kronos groupies.
Can she stay focused or will she lose the batt
Donna
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, sexy and super! The second book of the Muse Chronicles has us following Muse of Epic Poetry Callie as she finds her guardian in the very sexy SEAL Hunter Armstrong. She is going to need his skills in and out of the bedroom. Strap in and enjoy this exciting ride into Lisa Kessler’s world of modern Greek mythology and love.
Janet
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful addition to series

Great second book of the Muse series. I would recommend reading the first one before this, it is just as good! The action and romance kept me reading until I finished. Great characters, I cannot wait for the next book!
Cynthia Daniels Greene
Fiery Callie

Another great book in this series. Always wondering what's going to happen next. Hunter was exactly who Callie needed him to be. Love how the men so totally devoted to their woman.
Amy
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: net-galley
I received this book from Net Galley in exchange for an honest review.

Good story. I liked the continuation and the hints at the next Muse and her Guardian.
Elaine
This is the second book in this superb series and I thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish. It continues on from the first book, so I think it will help to ensure you read that first. In this story, Navy SEAL Hunter Armstrong has returned from a mission where one of his team was kidnapped and he’s been traumatised by it. He’s been sent to be evaluated by Callie O’Connor, a civilian psychologist who works for the Navy who is also the Muse of Epic Poetry. When he goes for his appointment he’s ...more
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Feedback: Quotes are missing and only 1 page of readers 6 32 Nov 29, 2016 03:18PM
Join my Facebook Writer Page Here

Follow Me on Twitter Here

Lisa's Blog

Wow! Goodreads just asked me for my city of birth and date of death... What if I could answer that? Would I live life differently if I knew for sure how much longer I had left?

Interesting thought.

That's generally how my writer brain works. I've been dreaming up stories since I was in elementary school. My first book was titled
More about Lisa Kessler

Muse Chronicles (7 books)
  • Lure of Obsession (Muse Chronicles, #1)
  • Breath of Passion (Muse Chronicles, #3)
  • Light of the Spirit (Muse Chronicles, #4)
  • Devoted to Destiny (Muse Chronicles, #5)
  • Dance of the Heart (Muse Chronicles, #6)
  • Song of the Soul (The Muse Chronicles Book 7)

Romance Deals

• Hidden Secrets
  • Breath of Malice
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Kian (Undercover Billionaire, #1)
  • Greensleeves
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Thin Air (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Caroline (Lowcountry Romance #1)
  • All the Breaking Waves
    $4.99 $1.99
  • To Hope (The Broken Roads #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Bad (Bad Boy Royals #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royally Ruined (Bad Boy Royals #2)
  • The Finishing Touches
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Roses
    $11.99 $3.99
  • Accidentally in Love with...a God? (Accidentally Yours, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Splinter (Reliquary, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claimed (Servants of Fate, #2)
  • Keeping You a Secret
  • The PMS Club
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gypsy (The Promised Land, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Willow (The Promised Land #1)
  • Mosaic (Reliquary #3)
  • The Lullaby Sky
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Secretly Hers (Sterling Canyon, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tycoon Takedown (Lone Star Burn, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Come High Water (A Black Swan Historical Romance, #3)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Paradise of Glass (The Glassblower Trilogy #3)
  • Trusting You & Other Lies
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Once Haunted, Twice Shy (Peyton Clark, #2)
  • The Story of Beautiful Girl
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Lullaby Girl (Angie Pallorino, #2)
  • Say Goodbye for Now
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bridged (Callahan & McLane, #2)
  • Love Is
  • The Unimaginable
  • The Hating Game
    $11.24 $1.99
  • Unbeautifully (Undeniable, #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Traitor's Kiss (The Traitor's Circle, #1)
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Augusta (The Promised Land, #5)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Twisted Truth (Rogue Justice #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Morning Glory (Drifters & Dreamers, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Worth the Wait (St. James, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Best Friend's Ex (Binghamton #2)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • A Totally Awkward Love Story
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Charmingly Yours (Morning Glory, #1)
  • Sit! Stay! Speak!
  • In the Barren Ground
  • About the Night
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Violet's Wish (Oklahoma Land Rush, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Exploited (Zero Day, #1)
  • About That Fling
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Promises to Keep (Love in Provence Book 2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taken Home (Lone Star Burn, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hard to Handle (Caine Cousins, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Austen Escape
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Garnet (The Promised Land, #4)
  • The Strawberry Hearts Diner
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Truth Be Told (Rogue Justice #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Born of Shadows (The League, #4)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • From Wine to Water (Angels & Outlaws, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Worth the Risk (St. James #3)
  • The Dove
  • The Ladies' Room
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Too Hot to Handle (Romancing the Clarksons, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • Kissing Max Holden
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Known (Bone Secrets, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Omega (Penton Legacy, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Taking Charge (Lone Star Burn, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Lies We Tell (Quarry Road, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hidden (Bone Secrets, #1)
  • Wildfire In His Arms
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Seven Nights in a Rogue's Bed (Sons of Sin, #1)
  • The Ivy Tree
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Evening Star (The Drifters & Dreamers #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures of the First Daughter (Misadventures, #3)
  • Daisies in the Canyon
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Felicity (Ace Security, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • All the Beautiful Brides (Graveyard Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barefoot in the Rain (Barefoot Bay, #2; Barefoot Bay Universe, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Only You (Sweet Torment, #2)
    $4.49 $0.99
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
“I’m coming into this embracing that wild spirit in you. I don’t want to clip your wings. I want to fly with you.” 25 likes
“She leaned in to kiss him, tender and slow. “You’re a good man, Hunter.”

He rolled her underneath him, his body already aching for the sanctuary of hers. “You make me want to be.”
23 likes