Start by marking “Wolves at the Door (Shifters of the Glen, #1)” as Want to Read:
Wolves at the Door (Shifters of the Glen, #1)

Wolves at the Door

(Shifters of the Glen #1)

Research scientist, Brooke Buchanan, has agreed to spend a year studying the wildlife of a remote Scottish region. Alone in a wooden cabin with only her dog for company, she is determined not to be scared. But what she eventually finds living out there in the lonely woods shocks her to the core.

Sexy wolf shifter, Drew, knows the curvaceous female will be trouble, but he ca
Published May 23rd 2016 by Skye Jones

To ask other readers questions about Wolves at the Door, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wolves at the Door

Talltree
Jun 10, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 stars!
A. Cook
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: skye-jones
Great start and too predictable. Overall rating is 3.5 because like all short reads it moved too quickly.
Beverly Diehl
Technically these are wereshifters, rather than werewolves, but in either case, that lonely woodcutter's cottage in the Scottish Highlands can be a dangerous place for a female researcher named Brooke, with all the right (or wrong) pheromones.

Suitably gorgeous werehero Drew is there to protect her... or is he?

Disclaimer: I'm acquainted with the author via social media.

This novella is nicely snarky and funny: "I've had sex. If you want some kind of virginal waif, you might need to invent a time m
Amber Hamblin
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
So If you want a short read with parts of the book leaving you hanging, then this is for you. I'm not saying it wasn't a good read, but I'm still in question about things. I'm a person who likes to know whats going on and why. Maybe when the books progress I will get an explanation, but for now this book is 3 stars.
Mary Winstead
Dec 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Brooke is a scientist working in a secluded area in the woods. She's staying in a cabin with no neighbors at all. At night when she goes to sleep she hears tapping at her window. When she calls the ranger to inspect the sounds she realizes there is no tree by her window. She also notices foot prints as well. The next night she hears the same noise and whispers to herself only to be answered by someone else in the room. When she turns on the light. She sees a gorgeous hunk of a man. He says his n ...more
Stephanie Herman
Dec 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wolves at the Door: BBW Wolf Shifter Romance (Shifters of the Glen Book 1) by Skye Jones is a sizzling novella that should not be overlooked. When Brooke Buchanan takes a job studying wildlife, she never would have thought she’d meet the sexy wolf shifter, Drew. The author shows her distinct personality in the words she writes, her strong voice making every word count. The story is sensual and suspenseful, romantic yet frightening. I can’t wait to read the next installment!
Stephanie Pittman
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Drew and Brooke

Brooke is alone in the wilderness doing research. Something is stalking her. She use to dream of a witch when she was younger. There are eerie sounds waking her at night. Then one night a voice speaks to her in the dark. Is Drew here to save her from been hunted by the unknown or is Drew the unknown. Get start to an awesome series. I look forward to the next books to come.
Andrea Berner
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Not enough

I began thinking this could become interesting but, sad to say, it just failed to provide enough. Characters were blurry to me. I just couldnt get to a good understanding of any of them. To me best one was Sandy, the dog. Story was lacking something. I'm not sure what let it down, though. Maybe a much more extended story would have been better.
Peg
May 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: jones-skye
Way too short

I love everything shifter. But this book can be read in an hour. How the heck can you meet your shifter, have sex, and end up mated for life in a weekend? Totally disappointed in this author. I don't recommend this book to anyone, don't waste your time it's not worth it.
Charlotte Leslie
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wolves at the Door

This is the first I've read in this type of book and was enchanted. It is almost like reading Little Red Riding Hood in an adult version. I really loved how the book flowed and the different twist that was put on mating with a shapeshifter, skinwalker, or any other translation of changing from human to wolf.
Renee Rearden
May 31, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked Wolves at the Door for the most part. Ms. Jones has a great voice. The plot was interesting and I liked the characters. Unfortunately, the story was just too short. The relationship between Brooke and Drew felt rushed and that made the characters less realistic for me. I enjoyed the novella enough to read the next story in the Shifters in the Glen series.
Joetta Spurling
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017
What a great start

Kindle Unlimited Purchase

I think this is the first. Book I've read by this arthor.. I loved it... When I read the other reviews I knew I would so I already rented book 2..
Angel Di
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a really cute story of Drew and Brook. How they came to be together as mates. I have always love happy endings and this one ended with an awesome happy ending! Can't wait to read more. Would so recommend this to other paranormal romance readers of shifters.
Susan Lee Thuener
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sequel to wolves in the woods.

This is another shifter story. Have a lot of them saved on my Kindle. They are quick reads with interesting paranormal activity throughout. If that sort of story is of interest I think you will like it.
Dina
May 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great

I enjoyed reading this story.Was quick and fun. Enjoyed meeting all the characters. Can't wait to read more from this series
Sue
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet
Rox
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it
Not bad but not too much story behind this. Very short and left a lot of I answered questions.
Becki
Dec 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Wolves at the Door

This was a good book with a little folklore mystery and romance. It was a shorter read with a quick ending. I do like this author so I will read more books.
Stephanne88
Jun 18, 2017 rated it did not like it
Pass

I hate giving bad reviews but this book was written weird and story development was poor. I am disappointed, I had such high hopes for this book.
Theresa
May 15, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: not-interested
Very short. No development. Info dumping at end.
Sandra Leblanc
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I really enjoy books like the, love to hear those words, your mine, two little words that means so much.
Cindy Hardegree
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hot!

Quick reading but a good one. Hot sex and strong lustful desire carried this story of a new series that I look forward to reading more of.
Paulette Doty Payne
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Love this story line can't wait to read the rest of the series. Kept me interested from beginning to end. Could not put it down.
Donna Langley
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I like!

I like this author's writing, all together keeps me glued to find out more! The story is so far great and I'm reading the next one now!
Patricia Burleson
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting

This is an interesting book. It has action, mystery, and werewolves. Good story line and good characters. So grab your copy and enjoy.
Sharon Noble
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a great read!

Love how this storyline unraveled. What started out about a young women on her own, to a love story between to people.
Tammy Sowards-Sanchez
Dec 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
great story

this story is very short sweet and right to the point. we meet a scientist out studying nature and finds something she didnt expect. can she turn off her mind and go with the flow or not?
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Shifter Haven

Brooke is staying in the small wooden cabin in the woods in order to study the flora and the wildlife in this small area of Scotland. She has her dog for company and a few modern devices, but for the most part she is truly alone in the woods. One night she hears tapping on her window, like a branch brushing up against the pane. She didn’t think too much of it until the next morning when she discovered there were no trees near that window and saw several footprints and p
Cherri-Anne
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
These woods are not your friend. 5 PAWS UP

Most certainly not after dark. There are things in this world we humans have no understanding of. Not anymore. H-O-O-O-O-W-L!! What a FURTASTIC story! I found myself intrigued from the FURRY start by this WOLFTACULAR story, so much so that before I even realized it I was at the end!! While this story has a slightly darker tone to it - which I LOVED - the humor in here was so funny! Maybe it was funnier because of the darkish tone, but either way, I was c
Theresa
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great read

Good book, really liked it. Parts happened a little too fast and ended too fast. I feel more explanations were needed but still a good read. Plus it's only the first one, so might be more in a later book.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Perfumed Heat (Heat, #1)
  • Thrilled (Reckless Desires Dragon Mates, #2)
  • Thank You For Not Shifting (Peculiar Mysteries #2)
  • Sadie's Shadow (Ladies Of The Sky, #1)
  • Mid-Century Mayhem (Retro Romance Presents: Time Travel By Design, #1)
  • Ghost of You (Phantoms #3)
  • Drakon's Plunder (Blood of the Drakon, #3)
  • Her Xmas Present
  • Valentine's Cowboy
  • Breaking His Code (Away From Keyboard, #1)
  • Sunny with a Chance of Curves
  • Curves and the Sheriff (Coldwater Springs #2)
  • His for Christmas (House of Trent, #1.5)
  • Caught by her Boss (His BBW to Hold, #1)
  • Season of the Wolf
  • Last Chance (The Cowboy's Homecoming #1)
  • Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 1
  • Shifters in the Snow
I'm a UK based author who loves to read and write all things romance. As Skye Jones I write steamy paranormal romance that ranges from light and fun to dark and gritty.

As S.R. Jones I write darker contemporary romance and romantic suspense.

I live in Yorkshire, and get lots of inspiration from the windswept moors, the old stone buildings and the Celtic myths of this fair isle.

My dogs are my favouri

Shifters of the Glen (5 books)
  • Wolf in the Woods (Shifters of the Glen, #2)
  • Wolf in the City (Shifters of the Glen, #3)
  • Wolf on the Run (Shifters of the Glen, #4)
  • Wolf in the Storm (Shifters of the Glen, #5)