Start by marking “Man of Mystery” as Want to Read:
Man of Mystery

Man of Mystery

What would you do if on your way home from your boring work, all of a sudden a handsome stranger leaps into the back of your car and asks you to drive him to the airport?

Be terrified? Threaten him and hope he gets out and leaves you alone? Those were my first instincts as well.

There was something in his eyes, something in the words he said that made me pause though. What
Published July 6th 2016 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Man of Mystery, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Man of Mystery

Susan (susayq ~)
This was a fun little read. It sort of reminded me of Austin Powers. Except Liam was sexier LOL It was fast paced in both action and romance and you aren't quite sure who the mole is for the bad guy until the very end. A good way to spend the day.

*thanks to IndieSage PR for a copy of this in exchange for an honest review*
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
A BBW with some mystery, intrigue and fun. I found that this Tess was a sweet little kitten by day and then with a little push she would be more. She left the boring behind and took on an adventure that was sure to make her life more entertaining. Liam for me was just a man that provided a change in pace for Tess's life.

Quirky, witty adventure with some moments of 'really' and 'wtf'. I found it to be fun and entertaining. Like one of those comedic action adventure.
**This ARC was provided via I
Narrated By: Audrey Lusk
Reviewed by: Tammy Payne- Book Nook Nuts
My Rating: 4 Stars

REVIEW

"Three Stories One Suspense Trip "

What did you love best about Man of Mystery?
The story is complied of three shorter stories. It has this couple going on one heck of a suspense ride.

Who was your favorite character and why?
I would say Tess. She has a spine of steel.

What did you like about the performance? What did you dislike?
Jean
Sep 17, 2016 rated it liked it

Suspense, Action, and Romance..

Liam finds himself in a situation where he needs to get to the airport in a hurry, however, there is heavy traffic.

He spots a woman in her car and..

Tess is in her car, minding her own business,
when someone suddenly opens her back door and jumps in,
this is where the story picks up and takes off:
"I have pepper spray!"

This story has car chases, abductions, and bullets oh my..

Audrey Lusk did really well with the narration.

Note:
"This audio book was provided by the a
Renee
Jul 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This audiobook was provided by the author at no cost in exchange for an unbiased review.

This audiobook is made up of three short novellas that comprise the complete romantic suspense story of Tess and Liam, from their unconventional meeting through their harrowing adventure to thwart a major terrorist plot in the UK, on to their eventual discovery of their love for each other.

Man of Mystery 1 introduces the reader to the main characters, Tess and Liam, as Liam jumps into the backseat of Tess’ ca
Pervy Ladies Book Blog
As is my style, I fall for the rough around the edges alpha types. Cue Agent Liam. He is this bad ass anti-terrorist agent who does not play any games whenever it comes to his job or his life. Of course as an employee of an underground anti- terrorist agency, they have one rule. No personal relationships. This proves a hard rule to follow whenever he commandeers the rust bucket of one very interesting desk worker named Tess.
Tess is this quirky lady who lives a mundane life. She is stuck working
Brigitte
Jul 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Liam works for an underground unit. He doesn't get involved in serious relationships to avoid unnecessary complications.

Tess has an unrewarding job but she can't see a way out. Her personal life is quite boring. She meets up with her best friend when time permits and that's about it.

Tess is on her way home after a frustrating day at work when she gets stuck in traffic. A stranger gets in her car to ask for her help and she decides to trust him. She takes him to the airport and what transpires
sherri jones-teachout
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Man of Mystery is a fun read about Tess, a woman living a boring life in a stagnant job. Boring until a mysterious man enters her car while she is stuck on the freeway. She threatens him with deodorant spray (her version of pepper spray). After he convinces her to take him to the airport to stop a bomb, her life will never be the same. She goes from a boring hum drum life, to being in the center of stopping a terrorist plot, is abducted by the terrorists, threatened, and helps the mysterious age ...more
Mandie Foxylutely
Set in London, England this is a romantic suspense that had a unique feel that drew me into the storyline.

Tess is stuck in a rut of her boring job and life but is suddenly thrust in the throes of suspense when a handsome stranger dives into the back seat of her car and instructs her to get him to the airport. From then on it is one mind boggling journey I was taken on as with Tess being unaware (at first) she was in the midst of a secret investigation that Liam (the stranger) was heading up, try
Patty
Jul 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was total fun for me. From the very start, you are thrown into Tess and Liam's adventure. This is three short novellas, taking you from Liam getting into Tess's car all the way to their possible demise. The books are full of angst, attraction, suspense and hot sex! The seriousness of the storyline along with the wit gave the books good balance. There was very good character development , getting to know Tess and Liam as well as the supporting character of Clark. Tess gets herself mixed ...more
One-Click
Audiobook - narration, Audrey Lusk, ok

This book? Hmmmm. I'm not entirely sure what to think about it. In the description it says that it's a stand-alone humorous romantic suspense. It has romance and some Scooby-Doo suspense, but I didn't find it all that humorous. So that could be because of the narration, because my interpretation is based on that performance. Her narration was more along the suspense vein?

Liam dives into the back of Tess' car while she's balled up in heavy traffic and she ge
Amber - TBR Book Blog
Jul 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Man of Mystery is a multi-part novella. All parts are included in the book so you don't have to wait on a hellish cliffhanger. Which I LOVE.

Tess is just an everyday woman who works a job she doesn't like with a coworker who constantly steals credit for Tess' work. Until Liam jumps in to her back seat.

Liam is an agent who is working on a secret mission. Yes, Tess thinks that sounds like a B-movie plotline. But it's actually true. Tess instinctively knows to believe Liam and believe in him. Even
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty
Aug 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
description

Man of Mystery was a quick, fast-paced, and action-packed story. Suspense, intrigue, action, and the perfect amount of steam made this one hard not to get sucked into.
Due to the nature of this book being around 170 pages and shorter than your average novel, some of the character and story development was missing. I would have loved to have gotten to know these characters better and it would have been interesting for the plot to be deeper but even without that, this was a solid story and quite en
**Elle**Bee**Double U**
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: military
**I received an ARC for an honest review**

For an author who tends to write more paranormal, I really enjoyed this book.

Tess seems to have a plain and predictably boring life. She doesn't even seem to have much excitement at her job, unless you count others taking credit for your hard work fun! But all this changes when the strange man enters her car.

In Liam's line of work it's better to not have any kind of attachment. But there's just something about Tess that he can't resist getting to know.
Ronnie
Jul 14, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have to admit this book caught me by surprise. Lorelei Moone just drops you right in the middle of the action. Liam and Tess, the two main characters in this book meet in an interesting and exciting way. Liam more or less kidnaps Tess and involves her in his job.

The two of them have an instant attraction almost right away.

Lorelei keeps the story hopping and the reader totally involved from beginning to end. the story is told from Tess's point of view and I two parts I was drawn in from the st
Kirha
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Man of mystery

I was gifted this arc by the author.

Tess couldn't catch a break. After having an extremely bad day at work all she wanted to do was drown her sorrows in some alcohol. Little did she know the traffic jam from hell would spice up her boring life.

This book was fast paced and drew me in. I enjoyed the storyline and clever twists and turns. The author cleverly covered up a particular storyline plot and I didn't expect it.

My only critiques would be that the main characters were missin
Stephanie  Mae
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this fast paced, suspenseful read of Liam and Tess' journey. Tess was awesome, made me laugh with some of her actions and inner thoughts. Insta-love is what you will find in this book, but what's not to love instantly about the hunk of sexiness, Liam. If you are looking for a highly entertaining, light couple of hours read, then this book is for you, you won't be disappointed, I wasn't!!!! I am really hoping we get another story with Liam and Tess Ms Moone. Reviewed for HeadTrippi ...more
Lynn Z
Aug 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this audiobook free for an honest review. I thought Lorelei Moone did a great job of grabbing you in the beggining and keeping you entranced until the end. It was a cute short story that had all the thrill and a little romance to keep it interesting. You had to read until the end to figure out who was the good guy and who was the bad guy. You just knew that Liam had to be the good guy. Tess hung in there, doing her part in the intrigue. Enjoyed this book. Audrey Lusk is not my preferr ...more
Deborah
Jul 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Not So Boring Life, Huh!

An ARC was given to me for an honest review. This is an entertaining read about a young woman whose life is quite mundane until she gets pulled into a dangerous situation that puts her life in danger. Why he involved her he doesn't really know but he somehow knew she would help him. Now he has to figure out how to keep her safe. And keep her in his life. This is a fun hot read. Enjoy I did.
Petula
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Tess has had a miserable day at her boring job. The journey home in heavy traffic will bring into her life an exciting but dangerous man.
Liam Everson is a government agent on the hunt for terrorists.
He is a lovely hero, strong, brave and very sexy. Our heroine is an ordinary girl thrown into the deep end. A roller coaster ride from start to finish. A very exciting but short read. I loved it, BUT one of the bad guys was not caught so hopefully there is more to come.
Cheryl Montgomery-Nolan
Jul 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
This story is not one of Lorelei Moone's regarding shape-shifters. Instead, it is an interesting tale of two people thrown together in unusual circumstances - and who make the best of a bad situation!
Shellby
Jul 10, 2016 rated it liked it
The first chapter had me really hooked. But after that I really could not find interest in it. There was some connections that seemed to be missing.

-NightWolf Book Blog
Lori
Sep 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a very interesting story. Who can refuse a charming, hot, man of mystery. This is a great read. I am looking forward to more.
Teresa
Sep 02, 2016
Kelly
Dec 08, 2016
Linda
rated it did not like it
Jul 06, 2016
Lorelei Moone is an author of paranormal romance based in London. Her first book, Scottish Werebear: An Unexpected Affair hit the virtual shelves on Amazon on 25 September 2015, with the remainder of the six part series following during 2015-2016. A lover of all things sweet and caffeinated, when she's not writing about sexy bear shifters and their strong-willed curvaceous love interests, Lorelei ...more