Start by marking “The Eternals” as Want to Read:
The Eternals

Read Book

The Eternals

(The Eternals #1)

The Eternals, neither human nor vampire, are the last inhabitants of a dying Earth. In the face of a slowly perishing sun, some have accepted their fate while others are ready to fight for their future. It is to this ultimatum that Jean, the last Eternal lord, is born.

Jean's life changes drastically after his bite takes the life of Princess Chantelle of The New Europa All
Published May 18th 2016 by Creativia

To ask other readers questions about The Eternals, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Eternals

Cynthia Morgan
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Author Richard Ankers had me with “His bite takes the life of Princess Chantelle…”. Though not entirely sure about reading my first vampyre novel since Bram Stoker enticed me, I dove into the pages of The Eternals with nearly as much abandon as the main character, Jean, loses himself to his ultimate intoxication: sweet, unadulterated, human blood. Neither grotesque vampire nor human, Jean is a breed apart, from a race of Eternal beings who find themselves facing the end of time in a far distant ...more
M.J. J Mallon
Aug 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
I'm sharing this for Terry Tyler's #AugustReviews and #FridayReads. Links on my blog: https://kyrosmagica.wordpress.com/201...

Rating 4 stars
Well I love a good old vampire story, so I was really looking forward to reading this. The Eternals isn't quite a traditional vampire story. This is something else. These creatures are 'neither human nor vampire.'

I enjoyed The Eternals - particularly the descriptive passages, (you really can tell that the author, Richard. A Ankers is a poet too, ) which for
Joshua Buller
Jul 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of vampires. I find them somewhat overdone in popular media and usually used as a crutch for creators to make something fantastic yet still familiar.

Imagine my surprise picking up The Eternals and finding something that took the whole "immortal child of the night" concept and actually tried something new with it.

Richard Ankers' novel asks a question that most stories about immortal beings fail to ask: exactly how long is forever? In The Eternals, humans have been s
Natalie
Jun 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
My love of vampire tales goes way back to my early teens, though I've never really been drawn to the teen vampire genre. I like my vampires with bite, if you'll pardon the expression. The vampires in The Eternals have that bite, and even when the "romance" in this tale was cloying and not to my taste, the vampires were mostly true to nature, and yet the author manages to make them uniquely his.

I found the premise intriguing, and well painted. The protagonist is nearly a typical anti-hero, and as
A.J. Griffiths-Jones
Aug 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deliciously fast-paced & full of twists, this wonderful tale blends shifting landscapes, cloned monks & 500 year old princesses. Add to that, a main character who is a roguish vampire & you cannot fail to be enchanted from the first page. Not my usual genre but definitely one that I'll be dipping into in the future. Well done.
Diego Prado
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice book, easily readable, yet entertaining. Full of plot twists that would keep everybody attentive through all the journey.
Nicola Auckland
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jean is the very last Eternal Lord, neither human nor vampire, living amongst the flamboyant, pompous elite of The New Europa Alliance. He is the brooding antihero who 'is what he is and does what he does', with little care to the expectations of others. Jean despises the company of the affected Establishment and gleefully rebels against them as they fill their remaining time with irrelevant gatherings and grand shows of peacocking self-importance.

It is at one of these gatherings that Jean accid
Megz
This was a mix of vampires, wolves, mediaeval armoured guards, steampunk zeppelins, castle ballrooms filled with waltzing gowns, punching princesses, and Tibetan monks in a floating Shangri-la, and more...

Vampires and their evolved breeds, the Eternals, live in luxury on earth's depleted continents where there's nothing left but death, decay, and the many ballroom dances to attend.

"...there's much cruelty in these damnable times, filled with the gloss of good manners that conceal the twisted so
Candice Daquin
Sep 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quite a fan of the gothic noir scene I hoped for a merging between another appreciated genre, vampires, and the rich gothic fantasy world and was not disappointed. A good writer can write in a genre, a really good and memorable writer will write in multi-faced genres. Ankers is a nimble author, his prose often has the eloquence and depth of poetry, whilst pulling the story along at a pace that never runs dry. He fleshes out his characters both male and female, with equal understanding of their d ...more
Rachael Ritchey
Jan 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Richard Ankers has constructed an unusual and exotic future world where vampires . . . Eternals rule the night and humans are a practical myth. Or are they? I loved the Sunyin characters and how their lives were distinctly important to revealing the depth of humanity in the main character Jean's soulless soul. The book is full of passion, love, violence, rage, compassion, and sacrifice. I'm looking forward to diving into Hunter Hunted!
Dorinda Duclos
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is a page turner. From the moment you open it, you will not be able to put it down. Ankers draws you in and holds you there, as the story of jean unfolds, and his adventures take form. The imagery will have you feeling like you're on the airship with the main and secondary characters. I highly recommend this book to anyone who is into vampires, but be prepared. Jean is not your ordinary vampire...you'll have to read the book to find out why.
Kenna McKinnon
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Poetic, dark, brooding, occasionally humorous, always entertaining, the grammar and style are impeccable. I found this most unusual book of a most unusual vampire at the end of Earth's ages so intriguing that I didn't mind the length of it nor the almost apologetically too swift ending, obviously in preparation for a sequel.
Jeanne
Sep 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
I confess I am not a fan of creatures that live in the night, prone to nightmares, but these characters, even as immortals, develop a sense of humanness for me, shrouded in mystery. Elegant language weaved throughout a determinable story. Well done.
Charlotte Pett
Dellre Patterson
Mar 19, 2018
BonusMom
Dec 13, 2017
Richard is a former Company Director who after winning a Gold Medal on HarperCollins' Authonomy website gave up everything to become the writer he had always wished to be.

Richard counts himself fortunate to have been published both online and in print by such wonderful magazines as Daily Science Fiction and Devoltion Z, as well as anthologies by Third Flatiron Publishing and Leap Books.

The cumulat

The Eternals (3 books)
  • Hunter Hunted (The Eternals Book 2)
  • Into Eternity (The Eternals Book 3)