Start by marking “Thunderstruck” as Want to Read:
Thunderstruck

Thunderstruck

Stevie Moon is famous...at least to the subscribers on her comic review vlog. At school, she’s as plain as the gray painted walls in the cafeteria. So when Blake, the hot new guy at school, shows an interest in her, she knows trouble when she sees it. Been there. And never doing it again.

As the son of the god Thor, Blake Foster's been given an important mission—to recover
Published September 11th 2017 by Entangled Crave

To ask other readers questions about Thunderstruck, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Thunderstruck

Carrie
Sep 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Blake Foster is not your ordinary transfer student, he's actually the son of Thor and has been sent to recover the Norse god Heimdall’s sacred and powerful horn before someone uses it to signal the end of the universe but first Blake needs to navigate high school and our world. Since arriving Blake hasn't had much luck finding the horn but another student has captured his attention, Stevie Moon.

Stevie is one of those girls that tries her best to blend in at school and not bring attention to hers
D.M.
Jul 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brenda Drake's books are magical and creative. Thunderstruck is no different. It's unique, fun and in a world of its own. Book nerds eat your heart out. We have gods, cosplay and romance.

Stevie loves comic heroes. She likes to dress up and play all her favourite characters. She has a popular vlog and a secret identity of her own. She's like Clark Kent.. boring high school student by day and dazzling star by night. Her vlog is so popular she is starting to go places.

Blake is living the superher
Annika
Aug 25, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF at 40%

description

There's a reason why I prefer YA Urban Fantasy over Contemporary YA: less teenage angst, less high school drama and, usually, less rambling inner monologues about petty stuff... but this seems to be one of the exceptions that prove the rule. I just couldn't put up with those melodramatic teenagers' antics any more.

Also, I have to say that throwing around names of mythical Norse gods, creatures, places and artefacts without explaining any of them does not make for good world building. A
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
***3.5/5 Stars***
Thunderstruck was such a cute story. It revolved around Norse Mythology and the pages were filled with friendship, drama, first love and some mystery. I quickly read it in two sittings and I found myself smiling a lot. While it had a younger vibe and a few adorable yet cheesy moments, I enjoyed Thunderstruck and it's characters!
He wanted to get lost in her. Forget he was from another world. A world where she could never go. A world he no longer wanted to return to without her.
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
This honestly ended up being a bit of a disappointment for me. i was super excited because I love all things mythology related, and I've only ever read one other Norse mythology books before, so I was looking forward to more. But I just couldn't connect with the story or the characters, ans I was left feeling unsatisfied with a forgettable book.

Things I Liked
I did end up enjoying all of the mythology elements in the story! Like I said above, I was excited to see Norse mythology represented in
Krysti
Feb 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
THUNDERSTRUCK is a wonderfully romantic adventure rich with Norse Mythology and captivating characters.

I found this story to be wonderfully charming and absolutely addictive. This is easily a book that you can read in one sitting, and you will definitely find yourself wanting to do just that.

I'm a huge fan of novels that incorporate actual mythology into the plot, and Drake did that brilliantly in THUNDERSTRUCK. I found the premise to be interesting and fun, and seeing classic characters from No
Maranda
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, entangled
Superheroes The Next Generation! AVENGERS sons of THOR. Handsome, honest, and loyal and on a mission to save the worlds. High school students make the perfect cover for these brothers on a trail to recover the horn. Young love and comic book action lead the reader on a journey made more intense by the writing skills of Brenda Drake. Fantastic teen read that will also entertain adults with a trek that battles trolls, leeches and wolves. Finished in one reading. "A copy of this book was provided b ...more
Anie
Sep 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: norse-gods
Received from NetGalley

Stevie Moon is famous on internet and just ordinary girl in school. She and her friend have a comis book review vlog and she dresses up as comic book hero.

Blake is son of Thor and has come on Earth on a mission to find a Heimdall's horn, before someone use it and start Ragnarok.

He notices Stevie right away and looks at her from the distance. It takes him a long time to even talk to her. Being a great warrior doesn't mean you have great social skills. :)

Blake, his brother,
Jami Leigh
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have only one problem with this book: I want the sequel faster, damn it!

Stevie's the kind of geek girl I wish I'd had the confidence in high school to be. She's passionate about her geekitude, and isn't afraid to show it, albeit while hiding her identity. Not because she thinks she'll be bullied, but to keep her offline and online lives apart. Same reason I use a nickname for some of my internet stuff (like this) and my legal name for professional stuff. It's easier sometimes to keep personal
books are love
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Received in exchange for a honest review.

I have read many of Miss Drake’s books but none have been like this one. Here we have a shy Stevie who hides behind masks to do her comic review vlog who ends up in the story of her comics itself.

Stevie is smart, kind and sassy when she wants to be. She is also ill and shows incredible strength and positivity when it comes to her illness. She meets Blake at school but he doesn’t really come off the right way. In reality Blake is sweet and kind. He is the
Barb
Jan 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
This weekend I dove into Thunderstruck by Brenda Drake, a YA novel that effortlessly combines Norse mythology, action-adventure, and sweet romance.

As a kid, my mom introduced me early to Greek mythology because it was one of her passions. And I fell in love with those stories. Now as an adult, I've discovered the Norse myths and they hold me equally entranced. I enjoyed reading Thunderstruck a lot. I had zero preconceptions regarding the story and it's my first time reading Brenda Drake — so gl
Stephanie Faris
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thunderstruck is an intense YA fantasy that combines mythology with a contemporary love story. Stevie is a high schooler with a heart issue. Blake is the son of the Norse god Thor. Blake has feelings for Stevie and those feelings are returned...until Stevie learns Grace has feelings for her, too. Grace is not the most likable person, but Stevie feels an obligation toward her and, because of that, she pushes Blake toward Grace. The love triangle is compelling, but even more compelling is Blake's ...more
Kayla
Jul 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I got sent this book in exchange for a honest review, all my opinions are my own and thank you so much to the publishers for sending me this book!

This had Norse mythology in it so of course I was gonna ask for an arc but I ended up having mixed feelings on this.
Laurie Beemer
Sep 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a fast read full of twists and norse mythology with gods and goddesses. The plot was highly original and full of one surprise after another. I wish it would have included more interaction between Bake and Stevie but I am looking forward to the next addition. Thank you NetGalley and Brenda Drake for allowing me to read this book in advance and write a honest review.
Yara
I love Thor, and mythology, so this was a good book for me :) Blake is one of Thor's sons tasked to find a missing Asgardian item list on Earth before it falls I to the wrong hands. Blake is great. He's hot like his dad but without the cockiness. Stevie is great too- she has a secret life as a famous cool vlogger/ cosplayer, which no one knows about because at school she's quiet and blends in a crowd. I really liked Blake and Stevie's chemistry. Kyle was a surprising character, I didn't expect t ...more
Amanda Searcy
Sep 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
So fun! This was a great, entertaining read with cute boys, romance, and a whole lot of scary mythological creatures. I gobbled it up. All the references to Norse mythology (and all the characters who pop up) are really fun. Stevie is such a great character, and I loved her love of comics and cosplay. This is the kind of book to take on a plane or to the beach when you want light, engrossing fun!
Victoria
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Loved this twist on another tale. Fun read, well written, very very few editing errors, if I hadn’t been interrupted a million times I would have read it straight through.
Thank you Brenda Drake loved the story!
Janine
Sep 05, 2017 rated it liked it
I received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review.

Hmm, I must say that I expected a whole lot more intensity, so I'm a bit disappointed.
The major part of the story consists of the love story between Blake and Stevie. Sadly, we only get a short summery of their rough start. I'd really would have liked reading about it in detail, perhaps then the feelings developing between the two wouldn't have felt so rushed because their first kiss came pretty much out of the blue. The drama in fo
Beth Rochester (_bookishbee_)
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you Netgalley for this arc for an honest and fair review!
POTENTIAL SPOILERS AHEAD

I'm not going to lie i did look at other reviews before reading this - looking a the star rating most importantly so I did go into the book hoping I would be pleasantly surprised and that I was.

I found that I enjoyed reading this book, it captured my attention from the first sentence, the characters and the language used by Brenda Drake had me hooked and kept me pushing through the some more cliche romance
Laura Namey
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thunderstruck is a fun, fast ride with twists and turns and plenty for teens to love. Young readers will enjoy the plot, quest, and mythical beings. I craved even more information about the physical link between the mythical/fictional Norse god-ruled Asgard and Milgard (earth.)

The half-brotherly relationship between Blake and Kyle is banter-filled, and just prickly enough to be quite interesting. I enjoyed the way they play off one another and work together. Blake trying to navigate high school
☘Tara Sheehan☘
Sep 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Myths are crazy popular right now in case you’ve been hiding in a cave and missed hearing about Rick Riordan, Neil Gaiman, or practically anything by Marvel and DC. Riordan has a whole new Norse Mythology series going on, Gaiman just published his definitive edition recently and Marvel has made Thor so famous any teen can probably tell you who Chris Hemsworth is before they could the VP of the US.

Drake has jumped on the bandwagon and provide us her take on the sexy (because you know Hemsworth p
Leah
Sep 07, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Normally, I probably would never have read this. I tend to gravitate away from contemporary due to the cheesiness and angst I tend to find in them. However, I greatly admire Brenda Drake for the things she's done for the writing community with Pitch Wars and #PitMad. The least I could do was read her newest book.
This was an easy, flowing read that I finished in a few days. I'll tell you now, it was as cheesy and angst filled as I expected. These books never quite match up with how MY high school
Ruthie Jones
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thunderstruck is heavy with Norse Mythology, but having full knowledge in such things is certainly not needed to enjoy this fast-paced story.

Thunderstruck is enjoyable and fun, with just enough plot twists to keep the reader engaged and turning the page to find out what happens next. Geared toward teens and maybe young adults, Thunderstruck has all the teen angst elements as most teen/young adult books but with a mythological twist. Gods living among us as teenagers? Well, that’s interesting.

The
Olivia Farr
Jul 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
"Thunderstruck" was a cute read that follows Einar/Blake and Stevie. All the myths around Thor are true, and Thor's son Einar, likely next in line for the crown, is on Earth in search of the horn. The last signals were around the high school, where he is posing as a student from Norway named Blake. Blake/Einar is searching, but he also finds himself drawn to the kind Stevie- she's quiet but he's noticed how generous and giving she can be.

Stevie has long had heart problems and will be coming up o
Ruthsic
I don't really know what else I expected with a book blurb that sounded it would be focused on romance, but I imagined the mythology plot would also have a good part in the plot. On that front, I was a bit disappointed with the book - there was so much potential in a story about two of Thor's sons coming to Midgard, seeing what Thor comics is here versus their own life, and the threat of Ragnarok, but half of this book is taken up by a weird love quadrangle plot, with a lot of high school drama ...more
Dalziel Mapp
Aug 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Thank you netgalley for an arc for an honest and fair review

The book was overall enjoyable, though some moments made me want to give up on it. The descriptive language used and characters kept me going though.

The action scenes were good, although sometimes cringey at times. The whole section where we first meet Saga is just so fast its really unbelievable. Each different mythological being they had to fight was exciting, especially when it was involving something I'd never heard of before.

The e
Divya Agrawal
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: completed
My first book from the author whose books I was dying to read as Touching Fate and Thief of lies did get an amazing response and was excited to read this when publishers accepted my request on Netgalley.
Though my experience was not that great.

Even though I love retelling and Thor being one of my fav superhero, I was disappointed. There are quite a few plot holes and are easily found. You don't have to look deep to see them, they're openly surfaced as in asking to find them.

Things are way to f
Breeny
Sep 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I was able to read an arc of Thunderstruck in exchange for an honest review via NetGalley.

This book was a bit underwhelming for me. I requested Thunderstruck because I was intrigued by the Norse mythology present in the book. However, the writing felt flat to me, and I had a difficult time connecting with any of the characters. The characters all seemed surface-level, and lacked both strong character development and character growth. Kyle had the most growth out of all the characters, and he was
Ginny Lurcock
Sep 03, 2017 rated it did not like it
I had to DNF. It's a thing that happened.

See, the problem with a lot of Marvel fanfiction is that they tend to write Thor as a total muppet. You know, a lot of big over the top action and awkward dialogue and just... awful. (The only time it's acceptable is when he's trolling the rest of the Avengers. That's it. But that's not the point.)

All the characters in Thunderstruck felt more than a little bit like Muppet Thor. I had no real sense of who they were. Well, there was the comic book loving ge
Marty Mayberry
Sep 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Since I love anything related to mythology, I was excited to buy this book the moment it came out. And I’m happy to report it fully delivered. The mythology world building is complex but well-fleshed out, and the story is just plain fun.

This cute YA novel has something for everyone: first love, teenage angst, friendship, lots of action, and a well-done love triangle. The characters jump off the page. Stevie is sweet and highly sympathetic (poor thing has had heart surgery and needs more). She’s
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Brenda Drake, the youngest of three children, grew up an Air Force brat and the continual new kid at school. Her fondest memories growing up is of her eccentric, Irish grandmother’s animated tales, which gave her a strong love for storytelling. So it was only fitting that she would choose to write stories with a bend toward the fantastical. When Brenda’s not writing or doing the social media thing ...more