Start by marking “Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)” as Want to Read:
Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)

Marriage of Inconvenience

(Knitting in the City #7)

4.14  ·  Rating details ·  12,038 ratings  ·  1,374 reviews
There are three things you need to know about Kat Tanner (aka Kathleen Tyson. . . and yes, she is *that* Kathleen Tyson): 1) She’s determined to make good decisions, 2) She must get married ASAP, and 3) She knows how to knit.

Being a billionaire heiress isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. Determined to live a quiet life, Kat Tanner changed her identity years ago and eschewed h
ebook, 1st Edition, 506 pages
Published March 6th 2018 by Penny Reid

·  12,038 ratings  ·  1,374 reviews

Start your review of Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)
Penny Reid
Nov 21, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

Marriage of Inconvenience is LIVE and available on all platforms!

** Audiobook Links! **

Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4.5 stars!!!

description

“My intentions are to deserve him.”

Marriage of Inconvenience was one of my most anticipated books of the year. I love Penny Reid’s writing, and I am obsessed with her Knitting in the City series. After 7 books, it feels like these characters are my own friends and family. And knowing this book was Dan’s just got me that much more excited!!!

Katis in a bind. Her terrible, no good, cousin is trying to take over her family’s company, and to do that, he has to take legal cont
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****5++++++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”I have to tell you my limits because you have to trust me. So you have to know…you mean something to me. It’s never going to be a finish line with you or something to cross off a list. It’s—I want—I need—it to be everything.”

Almost on an everyday basis, I wish that there was more time in the day so that I could get to all of the books out there that I am sure I am missing out on. This is a serious conflict for us avid readers. I
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars

“This isn’t a movie. Sorry, but I do not believe people just get married to protect themselves from greedy family members’ nefarious scheming.”

When her pharma-bro cousin tries to take legal action over her life, Kat must turn to a friend for marriage right away to escape his evil grasp. When she asks her friend Dan, he’s happy to help her with her situation.

I wish I could say more than that, but anything else is much too spoilery.

“It doesn’t seem fair. I’m asking so much of you, a
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I just want to say that I will never, ever, ever, ever get tired of marriage arrangement tropes. And if one of my favorite authors decides to write such story? Well, you betcha I'll be reading the heck out of it.

➦Dan, the security man.

➦Thank you, but I can't take credit. So anyway. The heroine is very rich. We're talking truckloads here, people. She can wipe her butt with money type of rich.

➦But she has le problem. And that problem is her weasel of a cousin. Who, check this, wants to claim her
Aisling Zena
+5 stars
18/3/18
description

I don't think any review I write will do this book any justice. For that matter, I doubt any of my reviews do Penny Reid's books justice. So instead of analysing or doing a step by step of the plot, I'm just saying read it. Read the series! Give it a chance, stick through the first book and you will slowly but surely fall in love with the writing, the plots and the characters.

My only regret is that this series is now at an end. I shall live off the re-reads until the next book an
Stacey is Sassy
Kit-Kat marries Dan, Dan, The Security Man

Listening to Marriage of Inconvenience was everything I hoped for and more. I needed the connection to these Knitting in the City characters and a reminder of how much joy they bring me. The narration was done extremely well and portrayed the characters exactly how I imagined they would sound.

I want to revisit this lovable bunch again, especially after 'hearing' them.

**********

I feel the need, the need for knitting…

Fasten your seatbelts my lovelies, thi
Dali
A Marriage of Inconvenience with the possibility of more? Sure. Count me in. A Marriage of inconvenience skillfully crafted with engaging characters, a fresh spin to the trope, and a wonderful blend of wit, sexual tension and heartfelt moments that will make it impossible for you to put your eReader down? ABSOLUTELY!

Kat Tanner is a reluctant heiress. She would have liked to cut all strings to her family, but now it seems that in order to circumvent certain disaster she is in dire need of a husba
Sabrina
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!!
Amazon US * Amazon UK
Enter Giveaway HERE.

Marriage of Inconvenience is the seventh installment of Penny Reid's Knitting in the City series, but can absolutely be read as a standalone. But if you have read the previous books than you will remember Kat as being the quiet one of the group that. I actually wasn't too sure what to think of her character and I didn't know how her own story would go.

Getting to dig deeper into her character showed us a very strong character, though. Even at ti
Wendy'sThoughts
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Penny Reid Fans, Romance
5 Dan The Security Man and Kit Kat Perfection Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
2018 Best Romance Semifinal Round Nominee
UPDATE:
I have been so fortunate to have read many of these Semifinalists. If this review helps in deciding your voting choice, then I have done my job. Happy Reading
~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a confession to make... I came to the Penny Reid Lovefest late...My first read of Knitting in the City series was with Love Hacked. Yes, I entered the 3rd entry and fell hard! I was so taken by t
Paige
5 “Gratitude” Stars

The PERFECT way to end one of my favorite series. Kat and Dan’s story was so worth the wait.

Marriage of Inconvenience is a story years in the making. It’s a story that brings the whole series full circle, brings together the entire Knitting family and made me fall head over heels in love with Dan and Kat. Their journey together was not straight. But it was perfectly them. Ms. Reid created a love story that went above and beyond all my expectations and left me a little weepy b
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
UPDATE 28/7/16

NOW IT'S FEBRUARY 2018?

I need this book. I need it a year and a half ago, not in a year and a half.

*****

AT LAST KAT AND DAN'S BOOK.

Well, in October 2017. STILL, we're getting there.

Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Marriage of Inconvenience
Series: Knitting in the City #7
Author: Penny Reid
Release date: March 6th, 2018
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Delayed gratification: maybe you're not a fan of it. Maybe you don't like the waiting so much, and in the end, that gratification is not quite as pleasurable as you had anticipated. The crash and burn can be painful, so you avoid it like the plague. This book is pretty much the definition of that phrase. To say that readers of this ser
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤️4 stars❤️

Such a beautiful story!I loved it and I adored Dan , who is the main reason why I like this story a lot!This man *sigh* he stole my heart!!I fall in love with him slowly and I loved him hard!Marriage of Inconvenience was a heartwarming, smart,romantic and sweet.

description

It was a long time since I felt like that for a hero, Dan has everything I needed and even more!He is protective, funny and sweet.Kat is a strong heroine but I had to say I couldn't immediately connect with her and probably th
Fatimama
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is prolly the worst book I’ve read from PR.

Why?
- book was too long
- too convoluted, too many things going on
- H/h had so many issues and misunderstandings
- H/h didn’t make love until around 90% of a long-ass book
- Where’s the romance?! I couldn’t believe the romance, there was no spark between the H/h.

This would have benefited from more editing and removing / simplifying some side plots. The writing was boring AF.
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
4.5 "I'm in love with Dan the security man" stars!!

There were so many things to love about this story. I’ve seen bits and pieces of this romance throughout this series that teased the heck out of me and I was happy to have some of my questions answered and to witness this love story unfold.

Dan was my absolute favorite. He was just so freaking real. He was brutally honest, humble, kind-hearted, open-minded, generous, and incredibly alpha without being overwhelming. Even when he struggled to be pa
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Marriage of Inconvenience live
NOW LIVE!!

The Knitting in the City series is officially over (insert ugly cry) and what a sendoff. Marriage of Inconvenience is all kinds of wonderful.

We’ve seen aspects of Kat’s personality in previous books through the eyes of the other ladies in the knitting circle. Side note: May I just say how much I adore this diverse group of loyal friends? Anyway, it was delightful to get to know her fully. I really admired Kat’s ability to be strong and determined, even in the face of her insecurities.
Bookphenomena (Micky)
I feel a bit overwhelmed having to review this book, probably because the culmination of this book, the series even, has overwhelmed me, most wonderfully. I cannot believe it’s over but I couldn’t be more content, more satisfied and fuzzy with feelings. I have pages and pages of highlights on my kindle of fantastic narrative, dialogue and words that either hit me in the gut or exasperated my husband with the incessant snorting.

Dan and Kit-Kat were everything I hoped and dreamed of, considering I
Hollis
That's it. It's over. No more Knitting in the City folks. Hard to believe this day has come but what a way to go.

If this shitty feeling is love, I'm going to be so pissed.

MARRIAGE OF INCONVENIENCE has been a highly anticipated read for many of us for a long time -- ever since the Vegas Incident -- and I am happy to report that it does not disappoint. Oh, and I also have a new favourite book-boyfriend from this series. Or maybe he ties with Alex. Hard to say. But Dan.. oh man. Dan Dan the Securit
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

They have this turkey sub with stuffing and cranberry sauce. It’s like Thanksgiving in a sandwich, but without the additional seasoning of my drunk uncle Zip’s politics, or my sister Cathy’s failed attempts at pumpkin pie. The woman never met a recipe she didn’t want to ruin by making it vegan. What the fuck is almond milk? They don’t call it ‘nut juice’ but that’s exactly what it is.

My stomach colluded with my heart to switch places because—if my brain could be trusted—it looked
Dee Montoya
FIVE ~Dan Is Mine Stars*****

A lot of emotions I’m feeling right now with this book. First, excitement, because I’ve been wanting to read Kat and Dan’s story FOREVER , and let me tell you, it was even better than I could ever imagine. I’ve been a die-hard fan of this series since the first book came out and I’ve loved them all, a lot, but Marriage Of Inconvenience is truly my favorite, EVER!

The only way I can describe what this book meant to me is by saying it was, a total unicorn of a read, so
Elizabeth Hunter
OH DAN AND KAT, HOW I LOVE YOU.

Things you need to know about this book:

1. Kat likes cheese. A lot. In this, she is my kindred spirit and I love her.

2. Dan cusses. A lot. If you think Penny has been exaggerating in her warnings about this, SHE IS NOT.

3. You will laugh. You will growl. (Likely in frustration, but if it's for other reasons, no judgement. No judgement here.) This is a SLOW BURN ROMANCE. Just sit back and enjoy it.

SO.

My friends.

This is the last Knitting in the City book. Are you a
maggieandteddy
Oh Dan ! The Man !
This is the long awaited story of Kat & Dan (The Security Man).
It's also the dreaded end (sniff sniff) conclusion of the Knitting in The City series.
In my opinion, Kat has remained the most mysterious of the heroines. Dan has been the most mysterious... least known of all the characters.
Now it's their turn!
This is 1st person dual POVs. Thank God!
Kat is from a very wealthy family. At the very beginning of the book, she finds out that she has to find a husband. She has to marry
Bex | TotallyBex.com
They say all good things must come to an end, but I was in blissful denial through my entire reading of Marriage of Inconvenience. I have grown to love this series and its eccentric storylines and characters, so saying goodbye is bittersweet – but HOLY MOLY what a phenomenal way to go out with a bang!

From the author who has informed us about everything from Bitcoin to artificial intelligence to international politics in this series, comes a foul-mouthed Bostonian with a heart of gold and a mild
Em Lost In Books
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
"You’re going to bend, and so am I. We’re going to compromise, negotiate, and distract each other. Being together means our priorities are going to change. That’s what happens when you make space for another person. Comfort zones will be stretched."

Ms. Penny Reid has written story for every member of knitting group and I don't know how I will ever get over these characters when they all are having their happily ever after. Whenever I finish a KIC book, i feel so hollow and long to have frien
Kat
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2
I have so been waiting for Kat and Dan’s story. Kat is the heiress to a pharmaceutical fortune, and Dan is a former felon and gang member, now security guard and business partner with Quinn. This had a really fun plot with Kat’s crazy cousin trying to take over the company and have her committed, so Kat needed to find someone to marry on the quick, finally nudging her and Dan together after years of waffling. I completely enjoyed the scenes with the crazy cousin!

I also really appreciated the no
Lady Heather
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: luvas of smart, witty women who just got it going on
 photo MOI BT BANNER.jpg

Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2neqv6k

Marriage of Inconvenience, an all new romantic comedy standalone in the USA Today bestselling, Knitting in the City Series by Penny Reid, is available NOW!

photo cover.jpg

photo cdd4367c-2f66-4879-83a5-7181df17c004.jpg

I finished this book last night and the first thing I wanted to do as soon as I woke up was tell everybody how friggin great this book was.

Marriage of Inconvenience is the last book in the "Knitting in the City" Series.
THE. LAST. BOOK.
I don't know if you realize the magnitude of this state
Mandy
Since the first book in this series, I've been anxiously awaiting Dan and Kat's story. Every book along the way, we got small little crumbs of what could be between them. This anticipation has grown through this series and here we are, book 7 and we finally get to Dan and Kat. Usually when an author has a series like this and gives little hints about the last couple, they can never live up to the hype or the love story the readers want. Penny Reid has done the (almost) impossible! This book exce ...more
JewelsyGoolsy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Started off really well, but by the second half, the MCs lost the spotlight and swoons, only to be replaced by corporation politics, espionage and a million other things that I had to wade through. Ah well, it was still enjoyable nonetheless and had a HEA 15 years on with all the other characters from this series.
McGee Magoo
5 Emotional, Bittersweet Stars for Marriage of Inconvenience!

*shaky sigh*

This is it. This is goodbye. This is the story all KitC fans have been waiting years to read. Kat and Dan. And, Oh. My. God.

We've been asking ourselves, "What is wrong with these two?! Why can't they just tear each other's clothes off already?!"

Well, we find out. We find out how each of them felt after their awkward Vegas night (if you haven't read the bonus scenes Penny provided via her blog and newsletter about Dan and Ka
Do you think the book picks up where Dating-Ish left off? 2 55 Mar 21, 2018 07:54AM

• Baking Me Crazy (Donner Bakery #1)
  • The Player and the Pixie (Rugby, #2)
  • The Varlet and the Voyeur (Rugby, #4)
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • No Whisk No Reward (Donner Bakery, #3)
  • The Hooker and the Hermit (Rugby, #1)
  • Stud Muffin (Donner Bakery, #2)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Love in Due Time (Green Valley Library, #1)
  • Crime and Periodicals (Green Valley Library #2)
  • My Bare Lady (Scorned Women's Society, #1)
  • Beef Cake (Donner Bakery, #4)
  • Prose Before Bros (Green Valley Library, #3)
  • Shelf Awareness (Green Valley Library, #4)
  • Weight Expectations (Cipher Office, #1)
  • Code of Honor (Cipher Security #2)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Sticking to the Script (Cipher Office #2)
Sign up for the newsletter of awesome: www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive

Knitting in the City (7 books)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)