Start by marking “Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)” as Want to Read:
Marriage of Inconvenience (Knitting in the City, #7)

Marriage of Inconvenience

(Knitting in the City #7)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  7,281 Ratings  ·  1,007 Reviews
Wall Street Journal and USA Today Best Seller
There are three things you need to know about Kat Tanner (aka Kathleen Tyson. . . and yes, she is *that* Kathleen Tyson): 1) She’s determined to make good decisions, 2) She must get married ASAP, and 3) She knows how to knit.
Being a billionaire heiress isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. In fact, it sucks. Determined to live a quie
Published March 6th 2018 by Penny Reid

Penny Reid
Nov 21, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)

Marriage of Inconvenience is LIVE and available on all platforms!

** Audiobook Links! **

Feb 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-four-stars
4.5 stars!!!

description

“My intentions are to deserve him.”

Marriage of Inconvenience was one of my most anticipated books of the year. I love Penny Reid’s writing, and I am obsessed with her Knitting in the City series. After 7 books, it feels like these characters are my own friends and family. And knowing this book was Dan’s just got me that much more excited!!!

Katis in a bind. Her terrible, no good, cousin is trying to take over her family’s company, and to do that, he has to take legal control over
*****5++++++++++ STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

”I have to tell you my limits because you have to trust me. So you have to know…you mean something to me. It’s never going to be a finish line with you or something to cross off a list. It’s—I want—I need—it to be everything.”

Almost on an everyday basis, I wish that there was more time in the day so that I could get to all of the books out there that I am sure I am missing out on. This is a serious conflict for us avid readers. I re
Rachel Reads Ravenously
4 stars

“This isn’t a movie. Sorry, but I do not believe people just get married to protect themselves from greedy family members’ nefarious scheming.”

When her pharma-bro cousin tries to take legal action over her life, Kat must turn to a friend for marriage right away to escape his evil grasp. When she asks her friend Dan, he’s happy to help her with her situation.

I wish I could say more than that, but anything else is much too spoilery.

“It doesn’t seem fair. I’m asking so much of you, a
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc

BLOG TOUR!

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

And it's a wrap. With Marriage of Inconvenience Penny Reid brings her Knitting in the City series full circle. I wanted to see Dan's story when he first appeared in Neanderthal Seeks Human, riding the elevator with Janie, telling her "You're very big." Yup, that was all it took for me. Over the course of the series it became a forgone conclusion who Dan would end up with and finally, FINALLY we have Kat and Dan's story in our hands.

One word about Scenes in the
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

➦I just want to say that I will never, ever, ever, ever get tired of marriage arrangement tropes. And if one of my favorite authors decides to write such story? Well, you betcha I'll be reading the heck out of it.

➦Dan, the security man.

➦Thank you, but I can't take credit. So anyway. The heroine is very rich. We're talking truckloads here, people. She can wipe her butt with money type of rich.

➦But she has le problem. And that problem is her weasel of a cousin. Who, check this, wants to claim her
Aisling Zena
+5 stars
18/3/18
description

I don't think any review I write will do this book any justice. For that matter, I doubt any of my reviews do Penny Reid's books justice. So instead of analysing or doing a step by step of the plot, I'm just saying read it. Read the series! Give it a chance, stick through the first book and you will slowly but surely fall in love with the writing, the plots and the characters.

My only regret is that this series is now at an end. I shall live off the re-reads until the next book and
Sabrina
Feb 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!!
Amazon US * Amazon UK
Enter Giveaway HERE.

Marriage of Inconvenience is the seventh installment of Penny Reid's Knitting in the City series, but can absolutely be read as a standalone. But if you have read the previous books than you will remember Kat as being the quiet one of the group that. I actually wasn't too sure what to think of her character and I didn't know how her own story would go.

Getting to dig deeper into her character showed us a very strong character, though. Even at ti
Dali
A Marriage of Inconvenience with the possibility of more? Sure. Count me in. A Marriage of inconvenience skillfully crafted with engaging characters, a fresh spin to the trope, and a wonderful blend of wit, sexual tension and heartfelt moments that will make it impossible for you to put your eReader down? ABSOLUTELY!

Kat Tanner is a reluctant heiress. She would have liked to cut all strings to her family, but now it seems that in order to circumvent certain disaster she is in dire need of a husba
Paige
5 “Gratitude” Stars

The PERFECT way to end one of my favorite series. Kat and Dan’s story was so worth the wait.

Marriage of Inconvenience is a story years in the making. It’s a story that brings the whole series full circle, brings together the entire Knitting family and made me fall head over heels in love with Dan and Kat. Their journey together was not straight. But it was perfectly them. Ms. Reid created a love story that went above and beyond all my expectations and left me a little weepy b
Camila, the opinionated Catruler
UPDATE 28/7/16

NOW IT'S FEBRUARY 2018?

I need this book. I need it a year and a half ago, not in a year and a half.

*****

AT LAST KAT AND DAN'S BOOK.

Well, in October 2017. STILL, we're getting there.

Wendy'sThoughts
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Penny Reid Fans, Romance
5 Dan The Security Man and Kit Kat Perfection Stars
* * * * * Spoiler Free
I have a confession to make... I came to the Penny Reid Lovefest late...My first read of Knitting in the City series was with Love Hacked. Yes, I entered on the 3rd entry and fell hard! I was so taken by the series and author that I made a total fool of myself when Penny happened to have been at a signing event right after I had reviewed the book. She was gracious and delightful even after my verbally fangirling her. The t
Stacey is Sassy
I feel the need…the need for…knitting…

Fasten your seatbelts my lovelies, this is going to be a long and rambling review...

I’m going to start knitting…soon…ish. Every time I read an instalment of Knitting in the City, I have an overwhelming desire to go shopping and buy yarn and needles. I haven’t knitted anything since I was a kid but I sort of remember what’s involved, I just can’t remember how to start. What I need to do, is find someone who can start me off and then I’ll be right. Oh, and I’d
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Marriage of Inconvenience
Series: Knitting in the City #7
Author: Penny Reid
Release date: March 6th, 2018
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Delayed gratification: maybe you're not a fan of it. Maybe you don't like the waiting so much, and in the end, that gratification is not quite as pleasurable as you had anticipated. The crash and burn can be painful, so you avoid it like the plague. This book is pretty much the definition of that phrase. To say that readers of this ser
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
❤4 stars❤

Such a beautiful story!I loved it and I adored Dan , who is the main reason why I like this story a lot!This man *sigh* he stole my heart!!I fall in love with him slowly and I loved him hard!Marriage of Inconvenience was a heartwarming, smart,romantic and sweet.

description

It was a long time since I felt like that for a hero, Dan has everything I needed and even more!He is protective, funny and sweet.Kat is a strong heroine but I had to say I couldn't immediately connect with her and probably this
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
Marriage of Inconvenience live
NOW LIVE!!

The Knitting in the City series is officially over (insert ugly cry) and what a sendoff. Marriage of Inconvenience is all kinds of wonderful.

We’ve seen aspects of Kat’s personality in previous books through the eyes of the other ladies in the knitting circle. Side note: May I just say how much I adore this diverse group of loyal friends? Anyway, it was delightful to get to know her fully. I really admired Kat’s ability to be strong and determined, even in the face of her insecurities.
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

They have this turkey sub with stuffing and cranberry sauce. It’s like Thanksgiving in a sandwich, but without the additional seasoning of my drunk uncle Zip’s politics, or my sister Cathy’s failed attempts at pumpkin pie. The woman never met a recipe she didn’t want to ruin by making it vegan. What the fuck is almond milk? They don’t call it ‘nut juice’ but that’s exactly what it is.

My stomach colluded with my heart to switch places because—if my brain could be trusted—it looked
Kindling Micky
I feel a bit overwhelmed having to review this book, probably because the culmination of this book, the series even, has overwhelmed me, most wonderfully. I cannot believe it’s over but I couldn’t be more content, more satisfied and fuzzy with feelings. I have pages and pages of highlights on my kindle of fantastic narrative, dialogue and words that either hit me in the gut or exasperated my husband with the incessant snorting.

Dan and Kit-Kat were everything I hoped and dreamed of, considering I
Fatimama
Mar 09, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
This is prolly the worst book I’ve read from PR.

Why?
- book was too long
- too convoluted, too many things going on
- H/h had so many issues and misunderstandings
- H/h didn’t make love until around 90% of a long-ass book
- Where’s the romance?! I couldn’t believe the romance, there was no spark between the H/h.

This would have benefited from more editing and removing / simplifying some side plots. The writing was boring AF.
Dee Montoya
FIVE ~Dan Is Mine Stars*****

A lot of emotions I’m feeling right now with this book. First, excitement, because I’ve been wanting to read Kat and Dan’s story FOREVER , and let me tell you, it was even better than I could ever imagine. I’ve been a die-hard fan of this series since the first book came out and I’ve loved them all, a lot, but Marriage Of Inconvenience is truly my favorite, EVER!

The only way I can describe what this book meant to me is by saying it was, a total unicorn of a read, so
Hollis
That's it. It's over. No more Knitting in the City folks. Hard to believe this day has come but what a way to go.

If this shitty feeling is love, I'm going to be so pissed.

MARRIAGE OF INCONVENIENCE has been a highly anticipated read for many of us for a long time -- ever since the Vegas Incident -- and I am happy to report that it does not disappoint. Oh, and I also have a new favourite book-boyfriend from this series. Or maybe he ties with Alex. Hard to say. But Dan.. oh man. Dan Dan the Securit
Manju
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
"You’re going to bend, and so am I. We’re going to compromise, negotiate, and distract each other. Being together means our priorities are going to change. That’s what happens when you make space for another person. Comfort zones will be stretched."

Ms. Penny Reid has written story for every member of knitting group and I don't know how I will ever get over these characters when they all are having their happily ever after. Whenever I finish a KIC book, i feel so hollow and long to have friends
maggieandteddy
Oh Dan ! The Man !
This is the long awaited story of Kat & Dan (The Security Man).
It's also the dreaded end (sniff sniff) conclusion of the Knitting in The City series.
In my opinion, Kat has remained the most mysterious of the heroines. Dan has been the most mysterious... least known of all the characters.
Now it's their turn!
This is 1st person dual POVs. Thank God!
Kat is from a very wealthy family. At the very beginning of the book, she finds out that she has to find a husband. She has to m
Bex | TotallyBex.com
They say all good things must come to an end, but I was in blissful denial through my entire reading of Marriage of Inconvenience. I have grown to love this series and its eccentric storylines and characters, so saying goodbye is bittersweet – but HOLY MOLY what a phenomenal way to go out with a bang!

From the author who has informed us about everything from Bitcoin to artificial intelligence to international politics in this series, comes a foul-mouthed Bostonian with a heart of gold and a mild
Natalie The Biblioholic
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, arc, dual-pov, romcom
4.5 "I'm in love with Dan the security man" stars!!

There were so many things to love about this story. I’ve seen bits and pieces of this romance throughout this series that teased the heck out of me and I was happy to have some of my questions answered and to witness this love story unfold.

Dan was my absolute favorite. He was just so freaking real. He was brutally honest, humble, kind-hearted, open-minded, generous, and incredibly alpha without being overwhelming. Even when he struggled to be pa
Elizabeth Hunter
OH DAN AND KAT, HOW I LOVE YOU.

Things you need to know about this book:

1. Kat likes cheese. A lot. In this, she is my kindred spirit and I love her.

2. Dan cusses. A lot. If you think Penny has been exaggerating in her warnings about this, SHE IS NOT.

3. You will laugh. You will growl. (Likely in frustration, but if it's for other reasons, no judgement. No judgement here.) This is a SLOW BURN ROMANCE. Just sit back and enjoy it.

SO.

My friends.

This is the last Knitting in the City book. Are you a l
katwiththehat
May 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library-2
I have so been waiting for Kat and Dan’s story. Kat is the heiress to a pharmaceutical fortune, and Dan is a former felon and gang member, now security guard and business partner with Quinn. This had a really fun plot with Kat’s crazy cousin trying to take over the company and have her committed, so Kat needed to find someone to marry on the quick, finally nudging her and Dan together after years of waffling. I completely enjoyed the scenes with the crazy cousin!

I also really appreciated the no
Lady Heather
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: luvas of smart, witty women who just got it going on
 photo MOI BT BANNER.jpg

Add to GoodReads: http://bit.ly/2neqv6k

Marriage of Inconvenience, an all new romantic comedy standalone in the USA Today bestselling, Knitting in the City Series by Penny Reid, is available NOW!

photo cover.jpg

photo cdd4367c-2f66-4879-83a5-7181df17c004.jpg

I finished this book last night and the first thing I wanted to do as soon as I woke up was tell everybody how friggin great this book was.

Marriage of Inconvenience is the last book in the "Knitting in the City" Series.
THE. LAST. BOOK.
I don't know if you realize the magnitude of this statement.
You se
Mandy
Since the first book in this series, I've been anxiously awaiting Dan and Kat's story. Every book along the way, we got small little crumbs of what could be between them. This anticipation has grown through this series and here we are, book 7 and we finally get to Dan and Kat. Usually when an author has a series like this and gives little hints about the last couple, they can never live up to the hype or the love story the readers want. Penny Reid has done the (almost) impossible! This book exce ...more
JewelsyGoolsy
Mar 08, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars. Started off really well, but by the second half, the MCs lost the spotlight and swoons, only to be replaced by corporation politics, espionage and a million other things that I had to wade through. Ah well, it was still enjoyable nonetheless and had a HEA 15 years on with all the other characters from this series.
Do you think the book picks up where Dating-Ish left off? 2 44 Mar 21, 2018 07:54AM
  • The Cad and the Co-Ed (Rugby, #3)
  • The Unyielding (Call of Crows, #3)
  • The Farthest Edge (Honey, #2)
  • Buns (Hudson Valley, #3)
  • Curtain Call (CageVec Security, #1)
  • And Another Thing (About Last Night, #2)
  • Irresistible (Neighbor from Hell, #11)
  • The Girl with the Make-Believe Husband (Rokesbys, #2)
  • A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel, #2)
  • Accidentally on Purpose (Heartbreaker Bay, #3)
  • The Thing About Love
  • Force of Temptation (The Mercury Pack, #2)
  • Untitled (Bowen Boys, #5)
  • Rock Wedding (Rock Kiss, #4)
  • A Study in Scarlet Women (Lady Sherlock, #1)
Sign up for the newsletter of awesome: www.pennyreid.ninja/newsletter

Penny Reid is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Best Selling Author of the Winston Brothers, Knitting in the City, Rugby, and Hypothesis series. She used to spend her days writing federal grant proposals as a biomedical researcher, but now she just writes books. She’s also a full time mom to three diminutive

Knitting in the City (8 books)
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
  • Friends Without Benefits (Knitting in the City, #2)
  • Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)
  • Beauty and the Mustache (Knitting in the City, #4; Winston Brothers, #0.5)
  • Happily Ever Ninja (Knitting in the City, #5)
  • Dating-ish (Knitting in the City, #6)
  • Neanderthal Seeks EXTRA (yarns) (Knitting in the City, #8)

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Touch (The Sinclairs, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Ordinary Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Forbidden Billionaire (The Sinclairs, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Dirt on Ninth Grave (Charley Davidson, #9)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Dark Instincts (The Phoenix Pack, #4)
“Fuck a fucking fuck of fucking ducks.” 6 likes
“if you’re not just a little bit afraid of letting down one or both of your parents, then you must’ve had shitty parents. I’m not talking about paralyzing fear—paralyzing fear also means shitty parents—I’m talking about a sliver of worry, a shard of concern. Take my parents, for example. I couldn’t care less what my pop thought. He was a shitty parent.” 5 likes