Start by marking “Another Together (The Next Together, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Another Together (The Next Together, #1.5)

Another Together

(The Next Together #1.5)

Winter, 1940: there is a murderer on the loose at Bletchley Park, the headquarters of Britain’s most daring codebreaking operation against the Nazis. Can two young codebreakers Kitty and Matthew catch the killer?

This standalone short story can be enjoyed by new readers and existing fans of Lauren James’s The Next Together series.
Published June 2nd 2016 by Walker Books

To ask other readers questions about Another Together, please sign up.
Lauren James Sky Pony, my US publisher, have a download link available you can get it in PDF version. I'm not sure if they are still offering it though - you can t…moreSky Pony, my US publisher, have a download link available you can get it in PDF version. I'm not sure if they are still offering it though - you can tweet them and ask!(less)

Start your review of Another Together (The Next Together, #1.5)
Bee
May 23, 2016 rated it liked it
I asked Lauren when I met her at a signing she did a few months ago if we were ever going to see the Bletchley timeline, and she said yes and now I've finally read it! A pretty cute addition, but a little bit farcical with the exclamation points and how simplistic the murder plot was but still fun.
Stacey (prettybooks)
If wonderfully written historical romance and time-travelling sound like your cup of tea, then The Next Together should be on your wishlist. Another Together is a standalone short story set in the same world. It's 1940 and war is upon us. Kitty and Matthew, codebreakers at the famous Bletchley Park, are determined to solve a different kind of puzzle – a murder has taken place and the investigation isn't all as it seems.

Another Together is a sweet story that provides a more insight into the r
Niamh
I "bought" this book for free on Amazon. I needed another hit of Matt and Kate after finishing The Next Together (TNT) last night. It was a very quick read, I finished it in one morning.

I found this book really fun, and an easy but entertaining read. The plot was well-constructed, and still included the mystery that I fell in love with in TNT. The blurb points out that this can be read as a stand-alone book, which I liked and think is well-said, as this book can be a great introduction into the
Claire (Book Blog Bird)
Oct 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really good murder mystery, a quick read and a really excellent addition to the wonderful The Next Together. If you haven't read The Next Together, go out and read it now. Then download this shortstory. You won't regret it.
Kami
Jun 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: novellas
This is very cute. The writing was very simple but it's nice and short! The plot line wasn't too good and from chapter 4 I already knew who the murderer was. Things happened pretty quickly and some of the plot sounded like what a kid would write. You can read this as a small story without reading The Next Together which is nice!
the_queen_of_books24
OMG I loved this SO MUCH. I would read an entire book just of this timeline, of the two of them discovering their past lives. I believe in their relationship so much more in this novella, I feel like just focusing on one timeline cured my slight disconnect to the characters in the full novel. And I love the connection to WWII, with Alan Turing as well!!! 😍😍😍😍😍 All in all, a very satisfying little book that made me want to read The Next Together again! And it's sequel for the first time!!
Andrew
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Review Taken from The Pewter Wolf

An eNovella? About characters I adore? And this will tie me over till second book in series comes out later this year? AND IT'S FREE!?

Oh, Lauren James, you are spoiling us!

As you guys are aware, I loved The Next Together. It was one of my favourite reads of last year and I am very excited to see where Lauren goes next in The Last Beginning. So, when I saw this on my Twitter feed, I downloaded it without thinking about it and squeezed it in when I could.

It's Winte
Maia Moore
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Original review posted review

I’ve been struggling to find time to read lately, and after finishing The Next Together I wasn’t sure if I had time to go straight on to The Last Beginning. Then I remembered I downloaded this short story ages ago. It was the perfect little story to dip into and great to be able to carry on with Kate and Matt’s story without having to commit to a full book while I was busy last month.

It was nice to be able to read a full one of the pairs adventures without jumping be
Alyssa
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Another Together was a sweet and short little story in the series. I was very excited to read this as it was the first book I have read on my new kindle and I have been wanting to read it for a while now. The Next was one of my favourite books of the year and this short story just added an another simple element to it. The storyline was basic and predictable but still entertaining enough.

I love Matthew and Katherine, they are the sweetest couple so to see them again in another time landscape wa
Cat (cat-thecatlady)
fun little story. I liked the two main characters interactions more than I cared for the plot itself but either way, I had a great time reading this!
I'm definitely picking up the next together a lot more sooner than I was expecting!!
Alice
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites, 5-stars
Amazing as always!! Cannot wait for The Last Beginning but I do think I figured out how things have happened!
lina
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
loved it so much, it made me even more excited for the last beginning ah!
Sandra (folded.between.pages.of.books)
I enjoyed reading another story about Kitty and Matthew. It was short and fast paced and interesting to read.
Lauren Burns
Nov 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
While it was nice to read about this version on Katherine and Matthew I found the story to be rather dull.
Jasmine
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just love Matthew and Katherine together!!!! It was an amazing short mystery and I LOVED the ending!!!
Lauren (My Expanding Bookshelf)
As soon as I finished The Next Together, I knew I needed to know more about Katherine and Matthew. Lucky for me, I noticed that the companion novella, Another Together is an Amazon freebie at the moment. So, of course, I read it straight away.

I thought Another Together was a great little insight into another re-incarnation of Katherine and Matthew. It was quite a short murder mystery surrounding the code breakers at Bletchley Park in 1940. I thought it was a nice little backstory behind the occa
Reuben Thomas
Jan 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is completely unnecessary to the series, as it's sort of a separate, isolated story and doesn't add anything to the overall plot, but I loved The Next Together and The Last Beginning so much, that any extra time spent in that world is a privilege in my opinion.
A fun little Agatha-Christie-style murder mystery, I literally read it in the space of about 20 minutes, and it was a really sweet extra to have after finishing the main books.
Once again, I loved how the characters of Matthew and Kitt
Jen (Jen & Mel's Book Nook)
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books
This was a short addition to The Next Together that gave us an extra look into one of the many past lives of Matthew and Kate. It was a quick read, involved a murder mystery and I really enjoyed this one! I loved being able to read through one of their stories without having to jump back and forth between the different times.
Bekah
Aug 14, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Elliott
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it
So much better than the actual fucking first book?? Why couldn't this have been The Next Together
Em
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this! So glad she wrote about their Bletchley Park lives because that was the bit from the novel that intrigued me the most.
Samantha McNulty
A cute novella focusing on the Bletchley timeline.
Emie Lee
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
I really liked "The Next Together" and while I thought it was an ok read I could have done without it too
Robyn
Jul 12, 2018 rated it liked it
I ended up giving this story three stars, it was okay and I enjoyed seeing Matthew and Katherine again in a time stream that we hadn’t seen before. The story wasn’t all that interesting I was expecting more serial killer than murderer but that was fine. The most disappointing thing was the fact that they didn’t really do much, I mean Captain Wilkes was onto it all along and they had it wrong most of the time and just kind of helped out at the end. I would have liked for them to play some sort of ...more
Nessa Luna [October Tune]
In honour of the upcoming release of her new book The Last Beginning, Lauren James has released a novella telling the story of Matthew and Kitty, who in 1940 have to solve the murder of one of their colleagues. I personally didn't love The Next Together all too much, but I was curious for this novella, mainly because it takes place during the Second World War, which is a historical event I enjoy reading about. When I saw it was available for free on Amazon, I immediately got it on my Kindle app ...more
Kayleigh {K-Books}
Oct 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sci-fi
Another Together Review on K-Books

There are no words to descibe how much love I felt while reading Lauren James' debut novel, The Next Together. I fell head over heels in love with the characters and their reincarnations and felt a deep sadness after finishing it as I just wanted more. Another Together is perfect for giving you that. You can read Another Together without having read The Next Together as it doesn't spoil anything about the novel but I feel like it it perfect for reading afterward
Rebekah May
I absolutely loved The Next Together and I raved about it so much some of my friends even picked it up. So I was excited for this, but I don't really feel much about it. It was a solid two stars for most of it, which I use for something that is 'just ok', but that ending has me all excited for The Last Beginning.

Like I said, this was just alright. The writing seemed a bit more juvenile. There was only one timeline as well, which is maybe why it didn't hold my attention as much, and they were alr
elisa
Oct 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2016
I read this book in parts, over the course of a couple of months, purely because I read e-books slower and I can never get really into them.
But never the less, I finished it, and you know what? I was left wanting more.
When it comes to The Next Together, I always want more. Whether that be a small paragraph or three pages describing Matthew’s hair in detail – I just always want more.
I will admit that I found the novella a bit boring sometimes, but again that may have been because it was in e-b
Rachel Hesketh

• With a Twist (Bad Habits, #1)
  • Chaser (Bad Habits, #2)
  • Sparrow
  • The Stranger on the Bridge: My Journey from Despair to Hope
  • Der Anfang (Time School, #0.1)
  • Bitter Sweet Love (The Dark Elements, #0.5)
  • Auris - Die Frequenz des Todes
  • Paperweight
  • Love, Lies and Lemon Pies
  • Did I Mention it's 10 Years Later?: Anniversary Bonus Chapter (The DIMILY Series)
  • Almost a Bride (Destination Love, #2)
  • Tell Me How You Really Feel
  • Valentine's Day at the Star and Sixpence (short story)
  • Cat and Jemima J
  • The Secret Box (The Secret Box, #1)
  • The Worst Witch (Worst Witch, #1)
  • Until Midnight (Alienated, #1.5)
  • Burning Moon (Destination Love, #1)
**I don't respond to messages on here - send an ask on Tumblr instead***
Lauren James was born in 1992, and has a Masters degree from the University of Nottingham, UK, where she studied Chemistry and Physics. She is the twice Carnegie-nominated British Young Adult author of The Loneliest Girl in the Universe, The Quiet at the End of the World and The Next Together series, as well as the dyslexia-fr

The Next Together (2 books)
  • The Next Together (The Next Together, #1)
  • The Last Beginning (The Next Together, #2)