Start by marking “Dropped Third Strike: A Portland Pioneers Novel (#1)” as Want to Read:
Dropped Third Strike: A Portland Pioneers Novel (#1)

Dropped Third Strike: A Portland Pioneers Novel (#1)

Kate Marks is hitting it out of the park as general manager of the Portland Pioneers. Her childhood friend Reid Benjamin is struggling to hit anything at all and, as a result, has suddenly found himself out of a job. When Kate hires him as hitting coach for the Pioneers, she's determined to keep everything strictly professional, but she has underestimated Reid's charm. His ...more
Published June 6th 2016 by CreateSpace

To ask other readers questions about Dropped Third Strike, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dropped Third Strike

Rachel
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm a HUGE baseball fan, so I LOVED the baseball aspect of this book, but even for a casual or non baseball/sports fan, this book is an enjoyable read and I loved it!

In so many books today (especially romance books), the characters are so perfect and "flawless" that it's not only unrealistic, it's ridiculous. Who can relate to someone who is so perfect? I love that the characters in this book have their own individual imperfections, so they are easier to relate to and seem more "real".

Now, I do
Donny
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
As far as romance novels go, this is my first one. However, I'll read anything to do with baseball. The storyline is very well thought out and the characters' backgrounds intrigued me. The way Micah spreads out the history of relationships and backgrounds keeps the reader from the lull that some books have in their first half. The ending was not what I expected, which I appreciate. I'm certainly looking forward to the next in this series!
Mindy Barron
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
I know my baseball, or at least I did years ago, as a life-long fan of my hometown Angels, but not like Micah K. Chaplin knows her baseball. Luckily, there were more terms that I understood than those that I didn't (and for those that I didn't, she supplied a nice little glossary in the back). What I didn't know, didn't distract me from the tale.

I liked the looks back into the past to help us understand these characters, though sometimes I was wondering why there was so much anger from one and o
Heather Burdette Quinn
My friend Micah K. Chaplin is so talented. This is the second of her books that I have read, and while I was initially worried that my lack of basefall knowledge, I shouldn't have been. I loved that the main character, Kate, was a woman working in a male dominated industry, and that the story was more about her learning to love herself than it was about her falling in love.
Brittany
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow! I am not a baseball fan, but thoroughly enjoyed this book and was really into the game! As a friend of Micah's, I loved seeing her personality come out in this book! I cannot wait for the next book in the series and hope to hear more about Reid and Kate!
Karissa
Was this a cliffhanger?

Ok so I am slightly confused... Was that a cliffhanger?? Enjoyable and LOTS of baseball. Not your typical sports romance. The ending though???
Jen
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance, 2016-reads
Baseball and romance, a perfect combination! I loved this book! The characters felt relatable and true. The storyline was great and believable.

I look forward to more books in this series!
Tricia
Jul 26, 2017
Valerie DiDonato
is currently reading it
Aug 02, 2017
Iowa native and current resident. Earned a bachelor of arts degree in mass communication from Buena Vista University in 2002. Published her first novel in 2003.