Start by marking “Bandette, Volume 3: The House of the Green Mask” as Want to Read:
Bandette, Volume 3: The House of the Green Mask

Bandette, Volume 3: The House of the Green Mask

(Bandette #3)

“Bandette is a treasure.”—Comic Book Resources

BEHOLD, the greatest of all WISDOMS and TREASURES!

Bandette, greatest thief in all the lands, uncovers the greatest of all mysteries: a clue to the location of the legendary House of the Green Mask! But the sinister Voice has set his sights on the same treasure and sent a deadly assassin after the same secrets! Worse, he’s stole
Published October 12th 2016 by Dark Horse Comics

To ask other readers questions about Bandette, Volume 3, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bandette, Volume 3

David Schaafsma
Dec 21, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: gn-crime
6/20/17
*Bandette: "I commend you on your whimsical frivolities. A proper life is weightless, no?"

I am rereading this as part of my summer YA GN course with kickass girls, and this fits, but is the sixties Pink Panther Audrey Hepburn French version. It is way too short, has "urchin stories" (for young kids) and an origin story, for fillers, but this time I thought: This is less about story than it is about style and humor and American ideas of French noir dialogue. It's just fun.
* Bandette's chi
Sam Quixote
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was ok
Years ago a muse to the great 19th century Parisian artists was rumoured to have been given a number of invaluable artworks by them which she stored in a room in the fabled House of the Green Mask. Now, a hidden enemy is kidnapping Bandette’s friends and blackmailing her for the location – sacre bleu!

I love Bandette but this third volume plain sucked. The story is vague and uninteresting without any real sense of progression or direction, let alone urgency or tension, and the villain is barely
Paul E. Morph
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is another cute volume of Bandette's (mis)adventures. To be honest, there are times when this book almost gets a little too cutesy for my tastes... but then I look at the gorgeous cartooning again and all is forgiven.

If you like your comicbooks quirky, fun and French, you could do worse than to check out Bandette.
Lata
Feb 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: x2017-read
I must not be the target audience for this series; I keep thinking I'm going to get the appeal of Bandette, the super thief, but I just don't. I like the artwork with its clear reference to old films and to Paris. Bandette the character doesn't do much for me, nor do her supporting characters.
Lauren
Aug 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
"It is I, Bandette, the world's most talented thief!"

Ahhh, how I love Bandette! She is cute and kick-ass and comes out with these razor-sharp one-liners - I found myself laughing aloud quite a few times whilst reading this third instalment.

Tobin and Coover write some hilarious scenes with brilliant artwork - you can't help but get swept up in all of the silly mayhem.

That said, I still prefer the second volume story-wise, I think this story was a bit thin on the ground and there wasn't a proper
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Continued joy and delight. I adore the art style and the story is whimsical noir-esque. Great fun.
Emily
There were still some funny moments and some sweet ones, but this volume didn't delight me like the first two did.
Maggie Gordon
Bandette is one of the most likeable characters out there. You just can't help by adore her bright, cheerful, thieving ways!

In her series, Bandette is a master thief who uses her powers mostly for good, and she dances around the city solving crimes and thwarting bad criminals. In this third volume, she has to prevent people from finding out about a mysterious cache of art and save her beau. It's a tough job, but with enough candy bars, Bandette can do anything!

It's hard to explain what makes Ba
Chad
Oct 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was my first introduction to Bandette and I absolutely loved it. The book has this kitschy, retro Parisian vibe that really sucks you in. The art is exquisite. You can feel all the love put into this book by the married couple you made it.

Received an advance copy from Dark Horse and Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.
Katie
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bandette continues to delight & entertain! The world's best thief has come up against the enigmatic Voice, who has kidnapped several people, including Bandette's beloved Daniel, in an attempt to ascertain the location of the House of the Green Mask. The Mysterious Madame Presto, a legendary fabulist, had supposedly amassed a huge number of treasures and hidden them away in the house. Bandette & her followers must track down & release the kidnap victims as well as capture the elusive ...more
Natasha Chowdory
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was great!! It was actually better than the previous two instalments. It was also nice to see Bandette finally show how much Daniel means to her - but it was done in a really fun and quirky way.
The plot is thickening though - there's a scene where I'm wondering who Bandette is (or who she's related to...)

Can't wait for the next one!
Owen
Jul 21, 2018 added it
Bandette is delightful, and makes me laugh out loud. I'm not sure that the story elements here were quite as harmonious as in the first volume, but it was still enjoyable the whole way through. I'd definitely recommend stealing a moment or two in which to read this.
Karen
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya, comics
Bandette comics are quite possible my favorite thing in the entire world.
Rod Brown
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I love Bandette, and reading her adventures makes me ever so happy.
Skye Kilaen
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 0-graphic-novels
I am still here for Bandette because this is a rollocking all-ages adventure book with plenty of quirk and interesting mysteries.

However, I am getting a little tired of the candy bars. I feel like Bandette’s signature traits and behaviors overwhelmed the story a little here, like she’s spending more time giving the audience a nod and a wink instead of getting on with things.
Cathleen
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The foreword proposes that what makes this series successful is that it embodies "love and style" both in what the creators put into it and in how the combination of story and art manifests. Couldn't agree more. Pure delight.
Online Eccentric Librarian

More reviews (and no fluff) on the blog http://surrealtalvi.wordpress.com/

Bandette 3: House of the Golden Mask continues Tobin's and Coover's wonderful tale of chocolate and larceny. What might have become a one-trick pony is instead saved by smart story choices and character growth. There are surprises/twists at the end but at its heart, this is really all about hoping Bandette will show up in every panel.

Story: A legendary woman modeled for all the great artists in the impressionistic era -
Ellen
Apr 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly, these books are outrageously charming, a sort of fusion of glamorous 1960s heist films (Charade!) and early superhero culture. There's mystery, banter, romance and adventure economically packed into a slender package, all expertly plotted. Just imagine if Audrey Hepburn could have played an acrobatic, butt-kicking, nuanced thief-heroine, using her skills as a ballerina to do her own stunts. Yes, it trades more than a little in gender stereotypes, but otherwise it couldn't be more perfect. ...more
Milliebot
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
How is this series so stinkin cute!? I just can't get over the feel-good, sassy thief vibes Bandette gives me. I want to be friends with her, part of her gang of helpful urchins and each chocolate with her after we pull off a caper! Monsieur is a character that's growing on me too.

As usual, at the end there are little shorts illustrated by different artists and this one also had another collab between Tobin and Coover about a thief in a catsuit. I hope we get more of her story! There's always a
Randal Schmidt
Jul 23, 2017 rated it liked it
If you loved the first two volumes (as I did!), then you should at least enjoy this one. However, it is the weakest of the three volumes so far. While the humor and the joy of Bandette are certainly present, this book seems to be coasting on that instead of adding anything to the series. I found the story to be extremely lacking in this one, and I had hoped for the introduction of interesting and fun new villains, such as Matadori (who is sadly missing from this tale).

All in all, it was still an
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels, 2016
Do I think Bandette is one of the most charming thieves ever? Oui! I do! This latest volume has the same whimsy, charming, and derring-do as the other volumes, with a new mystery. I love the information included at the end of the book (about a real life muse in the art world who had a life filled with scandal.)
I'm looking forward to the next volume in particular due to the very mysterious hint? would I even call it a hint? foreshadowing? about Bandette. Anyway, another solid offering.
Kathleen
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A marvelous mystery is afoot! This book, amid the madcap heists and rescues, gives us the first inkling of how deep the rabbit hole goes; larger plots and ever more sinister organizations are slotting into place in the background. A must-read for Bandette fans! All your favorites reappear, and the police chief's long-suffering assistant gets a starring role in the ending story.
Jo Oehrlein
Sep 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Bandette engages her friends in a movie with a secret code. We find out that Bandette is more than we know when she interacts with the 3rd Daughter.

I love her joie de vivre, her determination to rescue Daniel and the others, and the way she can rally disparate groups towards a common goal.
Jdetrick
I can't even express how much joy this series brings to me. It's simply a magical comic, fun and enjoyable.
Marianne
Apr 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Even better than the first two delightful volumes!
zackxdig
May 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kidnaps her friend and she blackmails with stolen art to have everyone using their resources to find him.
eHawk
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
So dang adorable and heart warming for a story about a thief.
Jen
Jun 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I almost didn't read this after being underwhelmed by Book 2, but I'm glad I did because it reminded me why I loved the first one. It's just fun, you guys.
Elizabeth (Miss Eliza)
Dec 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library, comics
This series keeps getting better and better. I loved the old mystery of hidden art intersecting with the present. Bandette HAS to be the descendant right?
Barnaby Haszard Morris
Jul 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Bandette gets really cross in this one, which means it's really funny. All the stomping is a total crackup. Nice long yarn for Heloise at the end, too.

• Delilah Dirk and the Pillars of Hercules (Delilah Dirk, #3)
  • Princeless, Vol. 4: Be Yourself
  • Goldie Vance Vol. 2
  • The Stone Heart (The Nameless City, #2)
  • The Case of the Simple Soul (Bad Machinery, #3)
  • Lady Killer, Vol. 2 (Lady Killer, #2)
  • Star Scouts
  • The Fade Out: Act Three
  • Voltron: Legendary Defender, Volume 1
  • Bad Houses
  • Fire!!: The Zora Neale Hurston Story
  • Gideon Falls, Vol. 1: The Black Barn
  • The Golden Lion (Cleopatra in Space, #4)
  • Spectacle Vol. 1
Paul Tobin is the Eisner-award winning, New York Times-bestselling author of Bandette, Colder, and many other comic books and graphic series.

Bandette, drawn by Colleen Coover, was awarded the Eisner Award for Best Digital Series in 2013, 2016, and 2017; and was a finalist for the Oregon Book Award for Graphic Literature in 2016. His original graphic novel I Was the Cat was nominated for an E

Bandette (4 books)
  • Bandette, Volume 1: Presto!
  • Bandette, Volume 2: Stealers Keepers!
  • Bandette, Volume 4: The Six Finger Secret (Bandette, #4)