Start by marking “Deck the Hearts (A Christmas Creek Romance, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deck the Hearts (A Christmas Creek Romance, #1)

Deck the Hearts

(Christmas Creek Romance #1)

Holly Jolly lives for Christmas. It’s the only time of the year, as far as she’s concerned.

Gordon Gills doesn’t need a reason to hate the holiday season. He doesn’t see the point.

Gordon returns to the mansion he inherited and finds Holly making a mess with her Christmas decorations. Unfortunately, his great-aunt’s will stipulates that he must make merry every Christmas if
ebook

To ask other readers questions about Deck the Hearts, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deck the Hearts

Cyndi
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
I am a sucker for a Hallmark Christmas romance. This story fits the bill. Sometimes it went a bit over the edge into silly, but I just decided to enjoy the ride and follow it over the edge. Silly is a fun place, after all. 😁
Amber
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deck The Hearts is a delightfully fun and festively heart-warming tale of the true heart of Christmas. This is a holiday tale that will reach into the depths of your soul and show you that all you ever need is the love in your own heart to make the holidays truly unforgettable. Flash and money are what society as a while believes you need to be happy, when all you really need is family and friends gathered together to celebrate the greatest love story ever told.

Holly’s favorite holiday is Christ
Chantel Rhondeau
I was lucky enough to beta read this short novella about love, acceptance, and the power of belonging. Christmas Creek is a magical town with quirky inhabitants and enough Christmas cheer to go around. Their big Christmas gala is the biggest event of the year, and it seems like so much fun! I wish I could visit!

Holly is sassy, a little odd, and definitely a fun character to read about. She's passionate about her town and determined to save it from their new Scrooge. Gordon is rough around the e
Jessica
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a short story about Christmas. Holly and Gordon will make you fall in-love in a different way. How is a rich guy will open his heart not only for a certain girl but for the entire town to keep the Christmas traditions remain.

Christmas is about miracles. It happened in unexpected ways. Christmas is not about gifts but it is about the love you share unconditionally especially to the less fortunate ones. Holly and Gordon story will show you how miracles happened and how Christmas can make
Isha Coleman
Aug 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
A sweet twist on the Grinch scenario. Gordon bottles up his anger and resentment along with loneliness and pain to the point where his bitterness overshadows everything that has importance in his life. Holly is the optimist that turns his life upside down and pulls him kicking and screaming into the magical season of hope, charity and faith. Maybe even love. I am not normally a fan of stories with Grinch or Scrooge like characters but there was something so compelling about Gordon that I couldn' ...more
Patricia Conley
Jun 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have read many of Rachelle Ayala's books and have loved all of them. She didn't let me down this time. Holly Jolly always decorates Christmas Creek for the holidays. She decorates Miss Marney's mansion for the big gala. This is the first Christmas after her death so it may be the last year to hold the gala in her mansion. Her nephew, Gordon Gill, has inherited her house. He is a grinch when it comes to Christmas. He doesn't like the idea of Holly Jolly decorating "his" mansion for the holidays ...more
Carol
Oct 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Holly Jolly, the Christmas guru, faces Gordon Gill, the Grinch!!!
Gordon inherits his late great aunt's estate. The one
condition in the inheritance is that the mansion be used
to make merry every Christmas. Gordon does not
believe in Christmas.
Will Holly and the magical residences of Christmas Creek
be capable of saving Christmas and the town???
Acceptance, belonging, forgiveness, the power of love and hope
are the miracle that flow forth throughout the story.
Great read.
Terri Merkel
Jun 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I just fell in love with Holly Jolly her Christmas spirit is remarkable. She is feisty when Gordon Gills comes to town to deal with his home he inherited. His intentions are not in the best interest of the town.

Had he met his match with Holly? I fell in love with the town of Christmas Creek. Rachelle Ayala has a fantastic talent for drawing her readers in and having you fall in love with her characters.
Angelica Lichtner
Fa la la la la

This book is a truly amazing read. IT has everything you want from an awesome christmas novella. The characters is very well developed and I enjoyed Holly and Gordon a lot. They are funny, clever, troubles and just so real. Christmas Creek is an amazing wonderous place and so really. I really loved this book.

This book makes you feel, makes yo laugh, cry and love.

Fa la la la la
Chrissy
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received, this book in exchange for a honest review...

I loved this book, I will be honest, at first I didn't like Gordon but let me tell you after the first few pages, I feel in love with him...... Holly and Him had Sparks. This is a great Christmas Story, the story, is a quick read, but it so packs a punch.... It is so good........
Dianne Kenes
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was such a fun and entertaining story! I really enjoyed the characters and I loved the magical and romance in this book! Great story! What a wonderful Christmas love story please read and see what it's all about!
Kris Woltzen
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun quick holiday read. After reading I want Christmas to be here. Fun twist on Dickenens carol and other holiday twist you can't help but to sign all the holiday songs while reading.
Sam Spencer
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A fresh new twist on a timeless classic.
Way too short for my tastes but then, I always say that.
Hope to see these characters again real soon!
Wulfwyn
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Deck the Hearts takes us to Christmas Creek where we find Holly decorating a mansion for the Christmas gala. The woman who owned the mansion has passed away and willed it to her nephew, Gordon. When it comes to Christmas, Gordon could be described as the grinch. What will be the outcome when Gordon shows up in Christmas Creek?

I enjoyed this short story. I totally identify with Holly. As a matter of fact, though it is September, I had on my Christmas jammies, Christmas lights up and on, I made s
Nina Derr
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
I'm trying to decide how much I liked this book. I know this book was based on the song "Deck the Halls" but you can definitely throw a little bit from "Mr. Grinch" in there too. I think the book would have been better if it were longer and had a little more depth to it.
Brooke
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Such a cute quick listen that gives you the true meaning of Christmas. These two are polar opposites in the beginning but soon find out they are perfect together.
Vikki Vaught
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was an excellent read with engaging characters and an interesting plot with a twist at the end. Glad I found this book through the romance package with Audible. Happy reading/listening!
Linda
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Deck the Hearts by Rachelle Ayala: **** Four Stars
Holly Jolly is president and CEO of Holly’s Jolly Elves. She lives and breathes Christmas all year long. During the Christmas season, she is commissioned by the town council to guarantee Christmas Creek’s festive holiday atmosphere, which generates a good portion of the town’s income. Christmas Creek was built on the Redwood Coast of California by lumber barons in the late nineteenth century and used to be known as Gills Gulch. When Marney Gills,
Evelyn Nathalia
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Deck the Hearts immediately captured my attention with the unique chapter title. It was based from Deck the Halls lyrics and it was amazing that the story flowed with the title!

Gordon Gills inherited the Gills Manor from his great-aunt. He needed to make the Christmas time in Gills Manor festive. He crashed to a Jolly elf that decorated his mansion. But what he didn't expect was to be so attracted to her.
Gordon experienced a difficult childhood. Despite his tough look, he's a big softie.

Holly
Melissa
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
The story was fun and entertaining but also had a lot of deeper meaning too. Gordon had inherited his aunt's estate in her will and meets Holly who is in charge of spreading Christmas cheer for Christmas Creek. Since Gordon hates Christmas Holly has to work extra hard to show him that Christmas is more than just a commercial holiday. There are many additional characters that add to the story. I kind of wished the story was longer so that I could see more of what happened with Gordon and Holly. O ...more
Phylis Carpenter
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to have an ARC of this book by Rachelle Ayala. As usual it was a great book. Every book of hers that I have read has been really good.

Aunt Marney passes away and the only heir to the estate shows up at Christmas to decide what he is going to do with the property. Holly was really close to Ms. Marney and she has been hired to decorate the mansion for the holidays. Gordon is a "Grinch" he doesn't care for Christmas and he isn't interested in the house being all decorate
Audrey Griffis
Aug 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love a good christmas story and this one fits the setting perfectly I was lucky enought to get an arc copy to read and write a review i have to say i really enjoyed this book along witht the others on Rachelle Ayala's i have read
This one was great after inhearting a house from his Aunt Gordon is a "Grinch" he doesn't care for Christmas and he isn't interested in the house being all decorated. But once he gives the town a chance he find out that Christmas can become something beautiful.
this wa
Jennifer Craig
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a super cute holiday story that rolls along at warp speed. I am a big Rachelle Ayala fan, but this one left me wanting more. I loved the idea of the story and the intro to the characters, but the story rushed along so quickly that I never felt that I got to know Holly or Gordon very well. Gordon’s about-face with his attitude towards Christmas happens so fast your head will be spinning.
Overall, this story has great potential and is a fun read, but it needs to be fleshed out a bit.

I rece
April H.
Oct 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

This book is a perfect Christmas read for people who love romances. Holly and Gordon are a perfect match. The book is well written and the narration had me involved right from the beginning. The narrator was perfect for this book. I could just imagine holly's voice in my head. I wish the story had a not so cliche starting but otherwise I loved it.
Victoria
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is short, sweet and fun story. Gordon inherited Gills Manor from his great aunt. Because of his childhood Gordon is not a big fan of Christmas and its festivities. Gordon is a bit of Grinch. Holly is sassy that loves Christmas. Will Holly help Gordon remember the true meaning of Christmas? Can Holly break down the walls Gordon has built to protect himself? This story will touch your heart. I absolutely enjoyed it. Received copy for honest review.
Cathy Zaramba
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've read several of Rachelle's books and this one definitely did not disappoint. It was a very enjoyable Christmas story. Holly Jolly loves Christmas and everything that goes with it. Gordon Gills doesn't see the point of Christmas. He inherits his Great Aunt Marney's house along with the traditional Christmas ball held there. Holly tries to show Gordon the true meaning of Christmas.
Mari
May 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a quick, fun read, Rachelle did a great job of this Christmassy short story. You have it all the ghost of Christmas past, future and present. Holly jolly (love the name) eats, drinks and breathes Christmas while Gordon's such a grinch, not much makes him happy. In the end you just gotta love how everything falls into place, just like Christmas.
Bernie
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Deck the Hearts is a fun Christmas novella written by author Rachelle Ayala.
Tara Brown
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
**This review is for the audiobook on Audible**

Whether you love Christmas all year round or are just trying to get into the holiday spirit, Deck the Hearts: A Christmas Creek Romance, Book 1 will leave you smiling and feeling happy! This audiobook, written by Rachelle Ayala and narrated by Kate Marcin, is around 2 hours long...perfect for a drive up north or a Saturday afternoon at home! I didn't know it at the time, but being that I didn't stop smiling once throughout the entire listen, it was
Stephanie (Between the Coverz)
A festive and cute opposites attract romance!

Deck the Hearts is a great love story of two mismatched people. Holly is festive and happy and determined to spread the Christmas cheer to all. Will is a grouchy scrooge that wants to sell the place he inherited and go back to work – even if he is not happy with his life. What Will didn’t expect was for Holly to start breaking down the hard wall he has built up and to change his perspective on where he is going in life.

Deck the Hearts is an intrigui
« previous 1 3 next »
Rachelle Ayala is an award-winning USA Today bestselling author of contemporary romance and romantic suspense. She writes emotionally challenging stories but believes in the power of love and hope.

Her book, Knowing Vera, won the 2015 Angie Ovation Award, and A Father for Christmas garnered a 2015 Readers' Favorite Gold Award. Christmas Stray was awarded the 2016 Readers' Favorite Gold Award and A

Christmas Creek Romance (2 books)
  • Her Christmas Chance (A Christmas Creek Romance, #2)