Start by marking “The Fidori Trilogy Book 1: An Unlikely Friendship” as Want to Read:
The Fidori Trilogy Book 1: An Unlikely Friendship

The Fidori Trilogy Book 1: An Unlikely Friendship

While living in the old inn of Nemeste, James discovers that he and his parents are not the only ones calling the inn home. On the third floor lives a mysteriously old lady named Rionzi DuCret. Though Rionzi is feared by the villagers and confined to her room, she and James strike up an unlikely friendship and soon discover that they have both befriended leafy, mushroom fo ...more
Published April 8th 2016 by Destinee S.A.

To ask other readers questions about The Fidori Trilogy Book 1, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Fidori Trilogy Book 1

Start your review of The Fidori Trilogy Book 1: An Unlikely Friendship
Today We Did
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Today We Did
Ten year old James and his parents return to their village home after a year living in the city. Whilst looking for a new house, the family stay in the local inn, where James meets the mysterious old lady that lives on the third floor. They soon discover that they have both encountered something in the forest that no one else believes really exists.

An Unlikely Friendship is the first book in The Fidori Trilogy. It is a short and easy read that I finished quickly. The writing was simp
Emily
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
My lower review has to do more with the length of the book than the content. This story is imaginative and fun, but I don't think there's enough of it. I do realize this is the first book in a trilogy, but even in a book series, there's resolution of one aspect of the story line in a single book. I felt like I had just started getting into the conflict when the book suddenly ended. I appreciate the idea of a cliffhanger and leading into the next book, but there has to be enough in one story for ...more
Kayla Kurin
Sep 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoy any book with a crotchety old lady and this one was no exception. I liked reading this book as an adult and think kids (especially those just getting into reading on their own) will love it too!
Jessica Headlee
I was given a free copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review, which you can read the entire review on my blog, Of Books and Pen!
Final Thoughts:

Overall, I’m not sure what kids would actually think of this book. I think the best approach, is for it to be read to children by their parents or teachers. I think that An Unlikely Friendship would be a wonderful book for kids to hear. However, if kids have to read this book on their own it may or may not have a hard time keepin
Tony Parsons
Mar 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
David (husband), Bella (wife) & James (10, son) had arrived at the Nemesté inn.
Mes. Rionzi DuCrét (elderly lady) now lived on the 3rd. floor of the inn.
She was once a pillar of the community & the children adored her.
David & Bella reminisced with Saleem (innkeeper’s son), Don Roedes (husband) & Jane Roedes (wife).

James went off exploring.

What would he uncover or encounter?

I did not receive any type of compensation for reading & reviewing this book. While I receive free books from publishers
Samantha
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this first book in the series. I also lent to a youngster I know and she devoured it!!!!!! I thought the illustrations weren't the greatest. That is pretty much the only thing I didn't like. This seems like it is going to be a great series for young readers.
Ooha Biddala
Once upon a time, Rionzi DuCret used to be a respected voice in the small village of Nemeste. Now, at almost a hundred and fifty years old, she is shunned and isolated in a forgotten room of the village inn. Bitter, yet holding on to a distant ray of hope, she’s living a life of regrets until, one day, a young boy walks into her room. They share stories and experiences; feelings and hopes; they bond over Fidoris and over walks in the forest and commiserate over shared disappointments and fears.

Thehappymeerkat
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s
I was sent a free paperback copy of this book by the author for a review.

After moving back to Nemesté James and his parents' new home is an inn. But while staying there James is told to stay away from the strange old lady who lives upstairs. Why are the villagers all so afraid of her and could James and the old lady share more in common than they think?

This is a lovely children's book with such an imaginative story. 'An Unlikely Friendship' is the first book in The Fidori Trilogy. The book follo
Gwen
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received this book through Goodreads giveaways in exchange for an unbiased review. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It is aimed at children around 9-12 years old but can be easily enjoyed by older individuals as well.
This book is book one of the Fidori trilogy. The Fidori are leafy, mushroom footed, tree dwelling creatures . Some live in the woods just out of Nemeste`.
James and his family are moving back to Nemeste` from the city. While his parents are looking for a
house, they
Susan The Book Dragon Campton
I read Jasmine Fogwell’s “An Unlikely Friendship: Book Ones of the Fidori Trilogy” with my grandchildren..we took turns reading allowed to each other over cups of tea and a dish of cookies.
I must say the story of a young boy, James, whose parents move him back to his mother’s hometown did not excited them at first, they discounted the simple cover (kids are so used to dazzle these days), but once past the first page we all became absorbed by this mix of Narnia and R.L. Stine, Potter and Tolkein.
Sarah Jackson
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
“An Unlikely Friendship” is book one of a The Fidori Trilogy from author, Jasmine Fogwell. The story revolves around Mrs Rionzi DuCret, possibly the oldest woman in the world, and James, a young boy who is having trouble fitting in with his peers. They both share a special secret. They have both seen the mythical Fidori, a species of tree dwelling fairy/elf like creatures who live in the nearby forest.

This is an easy to read, captivating and entertaining story for young readers, which leaves you
Evelyn
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-read-shelf
I received this book free through Goodreads. A good imaginative kids book.
Kristin Simmons
Natasha
Olga
Megan Willis

• Twice in a Blue Moon
  • Murder in Wizard's Wood (Bittergate #1)
  • Emily, Gone
  • Born by the River: The true story of a young girl growing up along the Mississippi River during the summer of 1963
  • The Reticent Executioner: A dystopian world deserves a dystopian detective, and London just got hers (DI Kramer Series Book 1)
  • Old Flames Burn Manvi
  • House of Thieves
  • Little Night
  • Berkley Street (Berkley Street #1)
  • The Art of Alfred Hitchcock: Fifty Years of His Motion Pictures
  • Eyewitness to History
  • This Is How You Lose the Time War
  • Death in a Budapest Butterfly (A Hungarian Tea House Mystery #1)
  • The Missing Ones (Hester Thursby Mystery #2)
  • Ghost Fire
  • The Oysterville Sewing Circle
  • A House Divided (A Lincoln and Speed Mystery #4)
  • Just Like Beverly: A Biography of Beverly Cleary
Jasmine grew up in Norland, Ontario, Canada. She graduated from Heritage College and Seminary in Cambridge, Ontario with a Bachelor of Religious Education. One of her passions is skiing and she is a certified Level 2 ski instructor with the Canadian Ski Instructors' Alliance. Jasmine enjoys being in the mountains, reading, playing soccer, and traveling. When asked to pick one ideal day, she couldn ...more