Start by marking “Black Swan Affair” as Want to Read:
Black Swan Affair

Read Book

Black Swan Affair

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  7,157 ratings  ·  1,353 reviews
I’ve loved him as long as I can remember.

The gangly boy with big brown eyes and unruly hair who grew up into an intoxicating man. He wears scruff like he invented it and ambles with a swagger that makes panties drop.

Killian Shepard.

Shep.

We grew up together. We played Ghost in the Graveyard. Had our own rock band. It didn’t matter that he was five years older than me. It
Published October 17th 2016 by K.L. Kreig

To ask other readers questions about Black Swan Affair, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Maria Wood I’ve just finished this book and thought the same thing. Hope he gets his happy ending in another book. I know she chose right but still, I need…moreI’ve just finished this book and thought the same thing. Hope he gets his happy ending in another book. I know she chose right but still, I need closure and until the other brother is happy I wont be satisfied. (less)

·  7,157 ratings  ·  1,353 reviews

Start your review of Black Swan Affair
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

Pining after someone's husband is one thing. Pining after someone's husband when you're now married- to his brother- is taking immorality to an entirely new level. But that's me.”

It's official. I'm ruined. Utterly and totally ruined by this incredible book, by these beautiful words, by the heart wrenching story, by the devastating angst...this...EVERYTHING.

How can I even begin to describe to you all what I read? Let me try...

Yep. That about sums it up.

Truth be told, I do NOT do love
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

1/2! Black Swan Affair (stand-alone). Caught between two brothers Mav must uncover the truth & make a choice!

Black Swan Affair (stand-alone) is an unfolding love triangle that gutted and elated me in equal measures.

For as long as she can remember heiress and bakery owner Maverick DeSoto, Mav aka Small Fry aka Swan has loved two brothers; executive Killian Shepard, Shep and attorney Kael Shepard. But
Nashoda Rose
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG what did I just read? This book... WOW!! It's been years since I read a book straight through. Yes, seven hours I was glued to the pages of this book. A yo-yo of emotions that left me breathless with every scene. Black Swan Affair is a must read!!
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo ac9500749aa5fc9ebf15c1a7e67435_zpsj5myekvz.gif

Angsty. Emotional. Sexy. An utterly hypnotic. K.L. Kreig has ruined me in a good way. I repeat… I DON’T DO LOVE TRIANGLES. I hate it and avoid it like it’s a plague but when I read the Black Swan Affair I was entranced and spellbound with the words of K.L. Kreig. Her vivid, heartfelt, and emotional prose and writing was magic and a curse to my heart. I wanted and needed more. Everything about this book screamed phenomenal and my heart was
Candace
Check out more of my reviews at www.bookaddicthaven.com

When I started 'Black Swan Affair', I anticipated a steamy love affair and a fair amount of angst. I had absolutely no idea that this book would gut me the way it did. This book ripped my heart out! Several days later, I'm still trying to get ahold of my emotions and come to terms with what this book made me feel.

The story centers on Maverick DeSoto, who is marrying her childhood best-friend, Kael. Only, Maverick isn't in love with Kael.
Bibi
Oct 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: love-triangle
**Spoiler Alert**
Caveat: Please note that this is only one person's opinion and frankly, it could be that it's just me and not the book so please don't let this stop you from reading it.
The Plot:
Why did Killian marry Jillian when all the while, he'd been in love with Maverick? This question drives the entire plot.

The Characters:
Killian: who dumped Maverick to marry her sister, Jillian.
Kael: who married Maverick even though he knew she was in love with his brother, Killian
Maverick: who'd been
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Oct 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

description

Having never read a K.L. Kreig book before, I wasn’t sure what to expect when I started this. But after reading the blurb, I knew it will be an enthralling read. And let me tell you, it totally was. In some way, 'Black Swan Affair' was like nothing I’ve ever read so far. While the premise was nothing new, at least to me, the way the story unfolded (and not only) was something else entirely. This story of love, passion, secrets and betrayal was utterly addictive, intriguing from the beginning and
~Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$~
3.75 Stars

That was... I don’t really know what to say.

Let me quote from the book:
“Fucking fuck of all the fucks”

A bloody love triangle. Every reader’s nightmare. But if it’s done well, it can be good.

And good it was. I devoured it like a hungry pack of wolves that had been starving for a month.

I'm not surprised. I’m the kind of reader that craves angst in her books. However, angsty books often tend to be overly dramatic and authors often go OTT with the melodrama and clichés. That did not
Dilek VT
5, 10 or more stars!

This is a love story that is hard to read.
There is a love triangle that is hard to bear as it involves two brothers. It is a hard pill to swallow. But as the book says, “We can’t help who we love” ...

It was a mind-blowing story for me. I was broken into pieces and then held back together but I am still aching... for all of them.

Be patient. Don't DNF it

I've never liked love triangles, but the blurb of this book was interesting so I wanted to give it a chance. However, as
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 18, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 ~ 4 Stars

“He will never love you like I do.”

[image error]

This is my first time reading this author’s work but with the mention of a love triangle, I one clicked without hesitation. To be honest, the two male hero’s names were a bit confusing: Killian and Kael Shepard. These two are brothers are head over heels in love with the heroine, Maverick DeSoto since their youth. Maverick is magical to these guys...

description

The story starts with the heroine giving Killian one last chance to make things
Alex is The Romance Fox
Allright.......Everyone seems to LOVE this book!!! I am in the minority here.....so don't let me be the one to stop you from reading it........it's just that this story didn't do it at all for me!!!

Briefly...we have Maverick, who's been in love with Killian for yonks. She's also best friends with his brother Kael.
KIllian drops Maverick and marries her sister, Jillian!! Maverick, who's still in love with Killian marries his brother, Kael, who has been in love with her for yonks!!!!

Talk about a
Ramona
Jan 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Well. It has been a very interesting journey for me.. I've read so much about this book and a lot of my book friends were absolutely emotionally wrecked because of it. Although I prefer sweet and sometimes overly sweet love stories, I realized this book will be different because it will not show you only the bright side of love, but a more darker and dramatic one.

And I was right. So, Maverick is our leading lady here and 2 boys will fight for her love. We have Kael, her best friend, who shared
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!!!

So a few days later and I don't know how to review this book

^^In a good way!!!!

But I do know this:

When a trusted book friend approached me and said I would love this book, all she had to do was tell me the magic word: ANGST. And I was sold! I preordered the shit out of this book. I ignored the fact that it was a love triangle and dived right in! And I am so glad I did.

The plot, the characters, the feels, the angst? ALL SUPERB! This is one of those unputdownable books you don't come
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Oct 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Hulya by: Dilek VT
Review Update:

Fuck yeah, exactly my thoughts!!! :D I really didn't see any of them coming... This book really surprised me and left me speechless... Story was so good, writing was amazing and the characters were unforgettable too. And I loved everything about this book and I would never change not a thing in this story because it was perfect! It ended perfectly! <3

When I first read the blurb, I was waiting something dirty love story between 3 people but oh man, I wasn't expecting something
Deborah
Nov 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites

WOW

Having seen the fabulous reviews coming through I read the blurb and decided while this sounded intriguing it just wasn't for me, I didn't really want to read about someone who for whatever reason would do that (marry the sister) but the reviews continued and I became curious and finally downloaded the sample and that was it I was gone, completely.
Maverick has loved both the Shepard brothers all her life, Kael she loves like a brother, Killian she loves with all her heart and always has. She
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

This was my first book by K.L. Kreig and I will be picking up more of her books for sure. Have mercy on my soul, this was a really good book, now let me tell you why....

The book starts with Maverick marrying her childhood bestfriend, Kael. Now, Maverick is not in love with Kael, she's in love with his brother, Killian. But....Killian is married to her sister, Jillian. Yeah, I know, crazy.

Kael knows that Maverick is not in love with him. He knows that she loves his brother, but he
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

TITLE: Black Swan Affair
AUTHOR: K.L. Kreig
GENRE: CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE
CHAPTERS: Prologue / 32 / Epilogue
RELEASE DATE: 15th October, 2016

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
BLACK SWAN AFFAIR: flashes from 'Present to Past' effortlessly and when you hit those Past chapters those feels come running at you.

So here's the gist of the story, Maverick grew up loving just one man, from the day he saved her she'd loved him, maybe even before that. Not doubting once that he would always be her forever. Fast forward to him marrying
Chantal ❤️
4.5 THAT'S SO MESSED UP STARS

"I didn’t make it easy on you, but you hung in there and you will never know how grateful I am for your perseverance or how happy you make me every single day....You’ve given me a thousand little things, ....and I know because of those we are unbreakable and everlasting"
"I followed my heart and it led me back to you.”

Okay first of all BIG shout out to Denna and Dilek for kicking my ass to read this book. Ladies you were sooo right, this book was just awesome.
I
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
My reviews are never long. I try to make them simple and to the point. With this one, I just don't know what to say.

First things first
 photo 194D5452-61C0-4FEC-B312-5DCD0540333A_zpsdqrc3pag.gif
This book rocked my world for a solid day. I only stopped to feed my family, help with school work, and tuck my kids into bed. Then I still couldn't process my thoughts, so I slept. Now I'm awake and I'm
 photo 737C96A4-7A88-4332-B871-C5C864000FD3_zpseihessrk.jpeg
I'm in shock, I'm in love, I'm in awe that I've never read this author before. This book is a book like I've never read before. I should have known with the
Michelle
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Black Swan Affair. Where do I even begin?

So, I added this book without even reading the blurb. All I saw was K.L. Kreig and Contemporary Romance and I didn’t even bother with the blurb. It was going to be read. No matter what. So imagine my fucking surprise when I started reading it. Going in blind at its best.

Maverick grew up in love with one man. Never did she doubt he was her forever. Not even when he married her sister, did she imagine there wasn’t a chance that he’d see his mistake and
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
This story was absolutely brilliant! I have never liked stories that deal with multiple love interests and love triangles are a definite no-no. I typically stay away from them like the plague, so as much as possible. I do everything that I can to protect my heart. So with much hesitation, I started this story. And not only was I pleasantly surprised, but this author completely blew me away. Her writing was fantastic. The story flips from past to present to past and it was done fluidly. ...more
Jan
Oct 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
****4.5 Stars****

Love triangle, is the kind of story that makes some readers run miles away from the Cheating Monster without even looking back to check if he is getting close to you. They just run for their lives.

Not this reader here.

This kind of story calls to me. I cannot resist them. They are immoral and wicked.

And this reader loves wicked.

A well written, love triangle story, can make me anxious, out of breath and gives me butterfly feelings. Some of them can put me on the verge of a
NMmomof4
Oct 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-star, not-safe
4 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was not what I was expecting, but in a good way! I was expecting a story about nasty dirty affair and revenge, and this really wasn't it. I didn't read any spoiler reviews and went in blind, and I think that was the best thing I could've done -- so I'm going to try my hardest to not give too much away! It was a pleasant surprise, and even though the author had me guessing up until the end -- I was extremely happy with the ending and that I got a HEA! If you feel
Pam Godwin
Oct 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Stellar writing. Gripping cast of characters. Brilliant twists. Sex scenes that melt the pages. This is the epitome of a hard-earned romance. I love everything about this book.
Julie
Oh wow. Black Swan Affair is perfection at its finest. I'm a mess right now, and I'm talking about choking-up-with-tears-literally-flowing-down-my-cheeks kind of mess. But I assure you, they're joyful tears, or rather, tears of disbelief at how insanely perfect this book is.

If you're faced with the shock of the only guy you have loved marrying your sister - your heartless, egotistical witch of a sister - without so much as an advance notice or an explanation, and you know for sure that he loves
warhawke
Dec 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Non conventional romance lovers
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Maverick DeSoto had been friends with the Shepard brothers since she was young. While Kael became her best friends, a lifelong crush on his brother Killian became something more when he reciprocated and they became lovers.

But her heart was broken when Killian ended up marrying her sister instead while she picked up the pieces by marrying Kael. With only half a heart, she risked completely shattering it when the truth
Selene

What a frustrating story this was!

photo IMG_4766_zpsnbcpuiv0.gif

The characters simply exhausted me! In a good way. Sort of?! Okay, so Killian's endless attempts at seducing Maverick began to agitate me by the 60% mark.

photo IMG_5203_zpsb4sqkzzy.gif

Kael's desperate need to keep Maverick solely focused on him became a tiny bit stale after a while, but I liked him.

photo IMG_5202_zpsuxzsj1eq.gif

I was overjoyed to get to the end of this book and just be DONE with Maverick, Killian, Kael, and all of their trickery!

photo IMG_5204_zpsz5dujubj.gif

I guess I'm still trying to process my thoughts after
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Not reviewing, but loved it.
Our blog has previously reviewed this title HERE.
Follow us on facebook Follow us on instagram
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“We can’t help who we love, Maverick.”

Oh, what a tangled web we weave in the name of love! As someone who’s always believed that love is not a constant, but rather a human condition that constantly transforms throughout the course of our lives, adapting to our circumstances and the people we grow to become, this story could not have found a more perfect audience than myself. I was drawn to this story, lured by its very premise and the gut-wrenching emotional conflict that would inevitably
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
Oct 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4 Stars

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

Going blind into this book is the best way to read this so I won't recount the plot, all you need to know is in the blurb. So this review will be a little bit different.

KL Kreig has created a story with deeply flawed characters. It is told in a dual point of view and switches between past and present. This has the potential of becoming confusing and also a bit annoying but in this case it was masterly done. The story combines different tropes: there is

• In the Unlikely Event
  • Cruel Prince (Royal Hearts Academy, #1)
  • Broken Knight (All Saints High, #2)
  • The Kiss Thief
  • Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1)
  • Cruel Intentions (Rydeville Elite #1)
  • Twisted Betrayal (Rydeville Elite #2)
  • The Italian
  • The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1)
  • Sweet Retribution (Rydeville Elite #3)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • The Initiation (Filthy Rich Americans, #1)
  • Heartless Hero
  • Marriage for One
  • Dirty Headlines
  • Untouchable
  • The Deception (Filthy Rich Americans, #3)
  • Black Lies
I’m just a regular ol’ Midwest girl who likes Game of Thrones and am obsessed with Modern Family and The Goldbergs. I run, I eat, I run, I eat. It’s a vicous cycle. I love carbs, but there’s love-hate relationship with my ass and thighs. Mostly hate. I like a good cocktail (oh hell…who am I kidding? I love any cocktail). I’m a huge creature of habit, but I’ll tell you I’m flexible. I read every ...more
“And this last year I also realized there are different kinds of love. There’s the dreamy kind you always thought you wanted and then there’s the steady one you never understood but the second you let yourself feel it…it’s nothing like you could have imagined in your wildest dreams.” 17 likes
“While he was the sun that lit your world, you were the darkness that shadowed mine.” 12 likes