Start by marking “Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery” as Want to Read:
Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery

Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery

(Little Beach Street Bakery #3)

It's Christmas in the Cornish coastal village of Mount Polbearne - a time for family, friends and feasting.

Polly Waterford loves running the Little Beach Street Bakery. She's at her happiest when she's creating delicious treats and the festive season always inspires her to bake and knead something extra special for the village residents. In fact, the only thing she loves

Published October 20th 2016 by Sphere

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery, please sign up.
Alice This is much better to read as a series because all of the relationships build and change from book to book.
Little Brown UK Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery is due to be published in hardback on 20th October 2016.

Sarah Joint
Dec 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
This was a great book to read while snowed in over Christmas... light, cute, and festive. I often have trouble connecting with the characters when I don't start from the beginning of a series, but it wasn't really a problem here. Starting from the beginning may have added a little to my enjoyment, but I never felt lost or had to keep going back to remind myself who a character was. They're all quite unique. Of course, one of my favorite parts of the story is the pet puffin, Neil. I just can't re ...more
Kate
Oct 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As much as I am a fan of crime and psychological thrillers, there's something about Jenny Colgan's writing that makes me do a meerkat impression whenever I hear she has a new book coming out and this one was no exception. Christmas at the Little Beach Street Bakery is a heartwarminly wonderful slice of Christmas and it sees the return to the beautifully described coastal village of Mount Polbearne. Even more exciting was "seeing" one of my favourite characters - Neil the puffin. Yes, ok the othe ...more
Anne Goldschrift
Abgebrochen auf Seite 98.
Neee, das Buch hat mir so ÜBERHAUPT nicht gefallen, obwohl so, so viele diese Reihe ja zu lieben scheinen. Aber ich fand den Schreibstil fürchterlich und die Geschichte SO flach, dass es mich eher an einen Groschenroman erinnerte.
Schade Marmelade.
Lisa Wolf
Rounding up from 3.5 stars.

A sweet, enjoyable finish to the Little Beach Street Bakery trilogy. Polly, Huckle, and (of course) Neil the puffin are back for further adventures. There are secrets and drama along the way, but (no surprise) we get the HEA we've been expecting, and it's a treat to see it all come together. Plus, plenty more of Polly's excellent baking -- yum!
Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede
Dual review with Swedish first and then English!

SWEDISH REVIEW

Vilken härlig bok. Jag har inte läst de två tidigare böckerna om Polly Waterfords äventyr i Mount Polbearne, men jag längtar efter att göra det. Jag blev faktiskt förvånad över hur allvarlig bokens tema var, självklart fanns det en hel del roliga stunder, men boken tog upp allvarliga frågor som Kerensas STORA hemlighet, samt Pollys egna problem angående en person från hennes förflutna, eller rättare sagt hennes mammas förflutna.

Men
Dale Harcombe
May 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes you just want a book that is light and does not require too much mental effort. This book fits that bill. It is a light and frothy feel good read, even though it still manages to cover some deeper issues. It was good to catch up with Polly, who is still running her bakery and living with Neil, the puffin, in the lighthouse she and Huckle have bought. Life is busy in Mount Polbearne and getting busier as Christmas draws nearer. Polly is happy, although she still is resistant to Huckle’s ...more
Karen Mace
Dec 06, 2017 rated it liked it
I really enjoy this series and am always eager to read more of Neil the puffin! Really lovely to catch up with the characters again too facing the newest challenges in their life.

I did race through this as it was so easy to read and fun, although it hasn't been my favourite of the series! Still a wonderfully festive read!
Jess (Primrose)
Perhaps if I read the other books in the trilogy I might have enjoyed this a wee bit more? Despite the author's assurances in the beginning that reading the other books isn't necessary; I'd say it might enhance the experience. Partially because I had no connection with any of the characters and a few I was at a loss to see the allure of them? It was a nice story but thankfully a library book.
Mel
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I didn't like the baby plot or the estranged father plot or Huckle being an ass. I do love Neil though....
Lauri Saplad
Completely adorable Christmastime tale about dysfunctional families, romance, finding your passion in life & living with the consequences of your life choices. Polly's a thirty-something baker living in the back of beyond UK. She lives in an old lighthouse with her boyfriend, Huckle, and a puffin named Neil. She provides bread & pastry for the entire village. Everyone loves her. It wasn't always this way... She used to live in the city with a normal 9 to 5 job. Her mum is a bit of a recl ...more
Flannery
At least the American accent the audio narrator used for the male lead love interest in this one didn't make me want to pull off to the side of the road and throw the CD into the woods.
Expectobooktronum
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
So eine niedliche, schöne Geschichte für entspannte Lesestunden. Ich bin verzaubert. ❤ ...more
Kate ☀️ Olson
Oh, how I adore this series! This is book 3 and YES, you do have to read the first 2 to fully appreciate this one. If you start here, you rob yourself of the experience of savoring the whole Beach Street story! Loved this one just as much as the others, and the audio was absolute perfection. The accents were excellent and I cracked up every time Reuben talked. If you like sweet English happiness, Jenny Colgan is the author to read. LOVE her books!
Book Concierge
Digital audiobook read by Anne-Marie Piazza

Book three in the Little Beach Street Bakery series, featuring Polly Waterford, master baker, her boyfriend Huckle, their friends Reuben and Kerensa, and the residents of Mount Polbearne, the Cornish coastal village in which Polly lives.

This is a fun chick-lit romance with some over-the-top coincidences and new-adult drama. Not much of a spoiler to say that it all works out with a fairytale HEA ending. I didn’t realize it was a series when I picked it
Sue
Oct 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: british-authors
This is the third book in the Little Beach Street Bakery trilogy by Jenny Colgan. It can be read as a stand alone with no confusion but it's such a good series that I think you need to read them all!

In this book, we go back to Mount Polbearne, a small isolated island in Cornwall, England just as the Christmas season is beginning. Polly is the town baker and is trying to keep up with demand from the townspeople plus spend enough time with her boyfriend Huckle and their pet Puffin Neil. Polly and
With "chick lit" books it's a thin line between fun & frothy and inane. This one was toeing the line for awhile before throwing in the towel and going all-in for inane.
Evelina
Jan 09, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, fiction, feelgood
Mysig avslutning på trilogin. Länk till hela recensionen: https://ewelinasbokblogg.blogspot.com...
Noriko
Dec 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is my very first Jenny Colgan, I have never read any of her other books let alone Little Beach street Bakery series. I simply fell in love with the beautiful cover and got this book on a whim.

My first impression on this book was, "I probably should have read the previous books in the series before picking this up."

When I bought this book, I thought it was a standalone, I didn't know this is a part of a series. So much so, it actually took me a while, probably halfway through the book, to
Clarabel
Ce dernier tour de piste est sans surprise, totalement nunuche et assumé. Je quitte Polly et ses amis avec une pointe de regret (j'ai tant aimé ce petit bout de paradis perdu) et leur souhaite bien du bonheur à l'avenir.
Charlsa
Nov 23, 2018 rated it liked it
I started this series earlier this year because I hear great things about both the author and the series. I enjoyed this book. The characters all have endearing qualities about them and the stories are unique. The stories never feel rushed or contrived. I will read more of Colgan's books.
Kitvaria Sarene
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was just as cute as book one, though Huckle was annoying me this time around quite a bit, and the over the top richness of some of the characters still grated on me as much as in book one.
But apart from that I still liked the characters, and the story kept me well entertained! Finally lives moves forward again and people still grow and change, both as individuals and couples.
Dawn
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: general
I have loved the character of Polly since meeting her in the first book. This one though was just too much drama and was not enjoyable to read. Am glad for the happy ending though for Polly and Huckle.
Elin
Oct 22, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Näää alltså, jag vet att det här ska vara mys och gulligull och kakor och varmchoklad (och det är mycket sånt också, som jag önskar att jag kunde ta ut och läsa för sig) men det är så mycket som är fel och cringe och daterat med den här boken. Orkar ej.
Clare
I listened to Christmas at the Little Beach Street Bakery on audio. The book was read by Anne-Marie Piazza, I enjoyed her voices for Polly and Kerenesa. However the voices she used for Huck and Reuben who were American and Southern were so terrible it was funny. I think Audible should of employed an actor for the male parts.

That aside I did enjoy this book. For the past two Christmases I have listened to the Rosie Hopkin's Sweetshop series which I enjoyed immensely. Rosie's story ended last chri
DJ Sakata
Favorite Quotes:

You smell of gingerbread… It’s awesome. It makes me horny and hungry all at the same time. They’re going to ban me from supermarkets. I’m going to turn into Fru T. Bunn, the pervy baker.

Yes, I am racist. I hate everyone. Because at my school for advanced and gifted children I took a pounding on a regular basis by blacks, Chinese, Asians, Caucasians, Hispanics, Arabs, Jews, Catholics and Zoroastrians. So I just totally hate everybody.

You know about food: what should a pregnant wom
Rosanna Threakall
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
4.5 NEEDS AN EPILOGUE omgggggg
Mary
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another sweet, charming story about Polly, Huckle, and Neil the Puffin. Polly's discovery about her family and relationship with her Mum added a nice emotional dimension to the tale. I hate to say it, but Kerensa and Reuben are my least favorite thing about this story. However, the rest of it, the lovely little village, the food, the town folk, are all so wonderful I let that duo slide. And I forgive the slightly implausible and saccharine ending. I really want a puffin. And I really love this a ...more
Deb
Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery is the third and possibly final (say it isn't so!) book with these characters and set in an adorable Cornish coastal village. I recommend reading Little Beach Street Bakery (my review here) and Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery (my review here) before this one. I do think it is possible to catch up on the story without reading the first two books, but why would you want to? You'll get all of the back stories, the character growth, experience living in a ...more
Shopgirl
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vraisemblablement dernier volet de la série de la petite boulangerie, Jenny Colgan conclut avec douceur et tendresse cette aventure .
Plus que les intrigues, c’est l’univers chaleureux de Polly, ses amis , Neil et le phare qui font qu’il est agréable de passer du temps avec eux . Le premier reste mon préféré mais ce dernier tome ne démérite pas et c’est intéressant de voir le passé de Polly un peu exploré . Au revoir Mont Polbearne !
Melissa
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Colgan's third trip to Mount Polbearne revisits Polly, Huckle, Neil and the rest of the gang. As always, the bakery goods are so delectably described that they will cause readers to want to bake, even if they've never tried before. At times, the drama is a tad overwrought, much of it avoidable with simple communication. Yet the ending brings a sigh of happiness, and things turn out well for all involved (as they typically do in these tales). Knowing there's a happily-ever-after just makes the bo ...more
Play Book Tag: Christmas at Little Beach Street Bakery / Jenny Cogan - 3*** 3 16 Jan 23, 2019 12:24PM

• The Parisian Christmas Bake Off
  • Christmas Cakes and Mistletoe Nights
  • Rules (Maggie Adair #2)
  • A Christmas Cracker
  • The Great Christmas Knit Off
  • What Would Mary Berry Do?
  • Pupcakes
  • A Door County Christmas: Four Romances Warm Hearts in Wisconsin's Version of Cape Cod
  • Searching for a Silver Lining
  • Together for Christmas
  • A Gift for Santa (Northern Lights #2)
  • Winter Wonderland (LoveTravel #10)
  • Lizzie's Christmas Escape
  • Snowflakes and Cinnamon Swirls at the Winter Wonderland: The perfect Christmas read to curl up with this winter
  • Christmas at Barncastle Inn
  • The Bookshop on Rosemary Lane (Rosemary Lane #1)
  • One Christmas in Paris
  • It Must Have Been the Mistletoe
Jenny Colgan is the author of numerous bestselling novels, including 'The Little Shop of Happy Ever After' and 'Summer at the Little Beach Street Bakery', which are also published by Sphere.' Meet Me at the Cupcake Café' won the 2012 Melissa Nathan Award for Comedy Romance and was a Sunday Times Top Ten bestseller, as was 'Welcome to Rosie Hopkins' Sweetshop of Dreams', which won the RNA Romantic ...more

Little Beach Street Bakery (3 books)
  • Little Beach Street Bakery
  • Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery #2
“galette des rois. We have found through trial and error it is usually prudent to push the fève piece toward the youngest person in the room. If you can’t lay your hand on some fèves, a coin wrapped in greaseproof paper should have the same cheerful effect in warding off the post-chrimbo blues. 1 roll ready-made puff pastry, unless you are a fantastic pastry nut (I worship you) 1 egg, beaten 2 tbsp. jam 100g soft butter 100g caster sugar (superfine sugar) 100g ground almonds 1 tbsp. brandy Preheat the oven to 375ºF. Divide the ready-made puff pastry in half, and roll out each piece into two circles. Put one of the circles on a baking sheet and spread with the jam. Whisk the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in most of the egg. Stir in the almonds, brandy, and add the fève. Spread the mix on top of the jam, then cover with the second piece of pastry. Seal up with a pinch. You can decorate the top of the galette with a fork if you like. Bake for 25 minutes or until crisp and golden. Serve warm or cold.” 0 likes