Start by marking “Juked (Texas Mutiny, #1)” as Want to Read:

Juked: verb.
/jook-t/
A slang soccer term meaning: faked out, deceived, confused your opponent
See examples Daniel Zavaro and Quincy Watson:

As the rising star in Houston, Daniel has found fame as Captain of his Pro soccer team and the city’s most eligible bachelor. Daniel has everything – except someone special – and that suits him just fine. He doesn’t want, or need, compli
Published June 16th 2016 by self

To ask other readers questions about Juked, please sign up.
Cheryl I would love to read more about Quincy and Daniel. I think the one negative, for me, to Juked is I wanted more to their story.

Start your review of Juked (Texas Mutiny, #1)
Hanne
Sep 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: new-adult
Quincy just lost the only family she had left. She’s shocked when she discovers that her sister has been keeping something from her, but she does when she needs to do. On that awful night, Quincy meets Daniel. Daniel helps her that night and they have a nice conversation. Daniel and Quincy run into each other a few days later and Daniel asks her out on a date. Quincy and Daniel have a great time together and it’s the start of a friends with benefits relationship.

I liked Quincy and Daniel. Quincy
Syndi
Aug 07, 2019 rated it liked it
This book is an OK read for me. I thought it has more complex layers of emotional. Instead the story is more straight forward. Not much complexion. The characters develop OK. It can be explored deeper but its not.

I found it weird that professional soccer player just helped a single mother with a baby in Walmart. I mean what is a professional soccer player been doing in Walmart anyway? I suppose he has a personal assistant who can do all the shopping. And the insta lust is a bit unbelievable.

Ov
Vaneesha
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: woohoo-diversity
I know contemporary romances aren’t exactly the most accurate representation of reality. Despite being a bit of a romantic cynic, I enjoy reading them because they’re a cute, entertaining way to pass time. Juked was no exception. It was a cute story and a great way to spend a few hours.

Quincy Watson is a hairdresser who’s estranged sister has died in car accident, leaving behind a 2 month old son. Suddenly, Quincy finds herself with sole custody of a baby she didn’t even know existed. Daniel Za
Viviana
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars!!!

Cute sweet story!!! Loved the characters!!! I was totally crying at the very end. :)

Easy fun and it kept me reading the whole time.

Soccer player and a new single mom taking her of her late sister's son. What will happen when fate throws them together.?

What will happen to the sweet baby?

I love love a story about soccer players! I do not watch the sport but I love reading about sexy soccer players.

Lisa (Two Bookish Brits)
I do love me a good sports romance. So when I came across this beauty on my kindle I HAD to start reading it as soon as possible and by god am I glad I did.

Quincy is heartbroken, she lost her dad and was left to bring up her sister. An argument between the two had them not speaking to each other. Fast forward 7 month and Quincy gets a phone call about her only sister being in a car accident. When she arrives at the hospital and gets the news of her sister’s death a baby is thrust upon her, the
✿kawehi.reviews
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
☆ I received an ARC via Enticing Journey Book Promotions in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!! ☆

I really enjoyed this story. My first read ever from M. E. Carter and probably not my last!!

I loved the story of Daniel and Quincy. Both are far from perfect and I loved seeing them grow and develop individually and together as a couple.

Daniel is an altogether family man with relationship issues stemmed by the actions of his father and doesn't want to follow in the latter's footsteps. Hence, h
Sheryl C. Nash
That was just.... WOW!!!! Baby Chance seriously stole the show.... he was an absolute sweetie!!!!
Beth
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Footie Stars

Is there anything sexier than a man with a baby? Nope. Well, let's clarify....a good looking guy, maybe with his shirt off with a baby. Pretty darn sexy.

Quincy has done some child raising. For being a single woman who has never had a baby, she has experience with being the mom to a teenager. Quincy's dad died and left her to raise her little sister. Now her little sister has died and she finds hersef in that same spot. Being a mom without any warning or preparation.

My sister is d
Nadia
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Everyone
Recommended to Nadia by: Chelle Northcutt
Let me begin by saying, I am a soccer fan, when it's the time for the World Cup, I lose my shit the way, everyone lost it at the Superbowl with Janet Jackson's nip-slip.

Now, what stayed with me hours after I had finished the book was how amazing these two characters were.

Quinsy has not had it easy, losing her sister in car accident and suddenly getting custody of her nephew, she didn't know existed was... let's just say rough. Though, she persevered, the night she and Daniel met had me smiling
Libby Harrison

Hero (Daniel): 29yrs old – 4/5
Plot: 3/5
Grovel: none
Cheating: none
HEA: yes but no epilogue and not very satisfying
Triggers: H acts like a big baby and runs from h when things get serious

Average score: 3.5/5

Best Line: “But I won’t be that girl. I won’t be the girl who chases him.”

Worst Line: Every manwhore statement like: “I’m used to having that effect on woman, but it still makes me smile whe
Heroesinbooks
2.5 Quincy and Daniel Stars
I liked the synopsis of this story but the actual book didn't quite hit the mark for me. I found it difficult to connect with either lead character and I never warmed to Daniel at all.
Sorry, it's just not for me.
HEA? Yes
Cheating? No
Curly Carla Celebrity Readers

This was a cute, easy going romance. I didn’t really feel a whole lot of chemistry throughout in it. What I did feel was Daniel’s admirable work ethic and friendliness. He was sweet and kind. Not really my kind of guy TBH. I like them a bit more assertive. He didn’t seem to really care enough about Quincy. Or else I didn’t see enough for me to really think he cared. That’s the only thing that really affected the likability of this book.

Quincy was pretty re
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4 Stars!

M.E. Carter may not be new to the writing world but her words are pretty new to me. While I am a huge sports romance fan, soccer is not something I typically read about or enjoy but.... this author has made me a new fan of the sport. #SoccerGuysDoItHarder

Juked is a light romance full of steam, passion, intensity, and has a couple of twists and turns along the way. This book was so sweet and beautifully written. The storyline flowed right as the pages turned and before I realized it, I ha
Emmy
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Yes, I read this in one sitting, don’t judge me.

This was an interesting one. Is this a romance? Yes. But also no.

It has some of the classic elements of a romance. Ridiculously good looking guy, classic mute-cute in a grocery store, girl learning to adapt to a huge change in her life, attraction, sex, etc.

But then it deviates from the usual in a number of ways. Almost equal time is spent on Quincy learning to care for her nephew, as on Quincy and Daniel’s relationship. Because ultimately the t
Coco.V
Jan 28, 2020 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie

🎁 FREE on Amazon today (1/28/2020)! 🎁
Melanie♥
Happy for Now ending. I didn't fully engage or get the chemistry between the 2 main characters. Enjoyable listen.
Lenore Kosinski

4 stars -- Loved it!  I read this one in a day you guys.  It was just an easy, fun read, but with its share of drama and heartbreak as well.

What's funny is that usually it's characters that put me over the top on a book, and while I enjoyed both characters, individually they weren't what stood out to me in this book.  It was a bunch of other things that mixed together made for a very enjoyable read.

As a lover of sports romance, I thought this one did a pre
Brenda Rothert
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic sports romance from M.E. Carter! Juked has it all - it's funny, tender and sexy. Carter's writing is just so readable that her books always fly by. I loved Quincy and Daniel and the progression between them was well-paced and believable. The story is rounded out by some great secondary characters who are flawed and funny. Fans of M.E. Carter will love Juked.
Shaunna
May 20, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked the writing and the plot, but I had trouble really connecting with the characters and their love.

I appreciated that they were mature and everything felt very realistic, but there wasn't enough emotion for me.
Yels
Mar 17, 2020 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance, 2020, never-again
I got this book on a sale so please don't judge me.

Juked follows Quincy, a 20 something year old who has lost her sister and now is left to raise her baby nephew that she had no idea existed until she id given temporary custody at the hospital. That night, she ends up crying at Walmart because she has no idea what babies need and in walks Daniel. Daniel is a 20 something year old soccer player who takes pity on her and helps her find formula and they end up running into each other at Walmart a
Amanda Brown
Jan 01, 2018 rated it liked it
description

First book of 2018. I have edited my resolution to reading books from authors I have shied away from for various reasons. ME Carter being one of them.

So, I chose this one. Sports romance also being a bonus. I haven't read a Soccer one since The Player by CC. I forget how much I love sports romances and then every time I pick one up I am a groupie once again. Plus plus points because this one didn't fit the normal sports romance pattern.

I liked the whole dead sister thing. Actually, I liked the w
Big Joe  Rossi
Jun 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Quincy's life is thrown into upheaval with one phone call. Her sister, who she fought with a few months ago and hasnt talked too since, was in an accident. When she gets to the hospital she learns her sister didn't make it. Distraught. She then learns she is next of kin to her nephew. A nephew she knew nothing about. She takes custody and is set to do her best to raise her nephew as best she can.

Daniel, is a professional soccer star, a late night food run leads to running into a crying baby and
Zenda
Story was meh. Characters were meh. Best friend Geni was not a great person. There is a difference in standing up for a friend once and using every opportunity to tear another person down just because you can or you don't like someone. Sad that this was the heroine's best friend and she never came out and told her that being a mean girl is not ok.
Jun 02, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed this a lot. This is very touching and more than a simple sports romance. This is friends to lovers and Daniel was a great friend until he wasn’t. I needed more of a grovel from him. I think Quincy let him off the hook too easily but then in Quincy’s eyes the love of her life is Chance. Read the book to find out who Chance is. Im looking forward to the rest of the series. 4 stars.
Jen
Dec 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well HELLLOOOO Daniel Zavaro... aren't you just a hottie mchotpants?! I really enjoyed Juked. Such a fun, sports story filled with romance, laughs, and a sprinkle of angst. M.E. Carter did a great job with Daniel and Quincy's story. I'm looking forward to catch up on the rest of the books in this series!
JoAnna G

A slang soccer term meaning: faked out, deceived, confused your opponent
See examples Daniel Zavaro and Quincy Watson:

Debbie
Feb 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
I needed something lighter after the last book I read. This fit the bill. A romancey book that includes soccer. I enjoyed it.

I really liked Quincy. She has a good heart and had been through some sad stuff, yet is still loving and kind.

Daniel - he was a butt at first. Not impressed with his one night stands.

But I did love what happens when Quincy & Daniel meet up and things start to develop!
Mari
May 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
As a fan of M.E. Carter's previous books that had a football hero I was excited to find out she has a soccer one that came out. Now soccer is one of my favorite sports, mostly European but hey it's all the same to me. So this one is right up my alley, add single mom in the mix I'm in.

I like the set up and how Quincy and Daniel meet. A tragic loss that leads up to a midnight Walmart run in. Right then there was a spark and an ease of getting to know a pretty girl with a crying baby but wanting to
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com

*ARC*

I have a confession to make. I am not a big soccer fan, not in the lease. Hockey, football, baseball, hell even lacrosse are ones I love to watch. So when I saw that Juked was about soccer I wasn’t really sure If I would like it, especially if it full of soccer terminology that I have no idea about. Luckily for this book whore, Juked, while it did have some soccer references in it, it was more about the romance between Daniel and Quincey.

The story starts of
Joy Novel Thoughts
Going into this book I thought I had it figure out, but boy was I wrong! It was everything I didn't know I wanted and MORE. This sports romance actually dealt with on the field action, I know a lot don't have much on the field so I thought this might be important to know.

The way Daniel interacted with his big Mexican family made me smile and the way he was with babies... Ovary explosion! He was caring and nurturing and a great lover, he seemingly had it... you know except for his fear of commitm

• Just One Regret (Just One Song #3)
  • Monday Night Guy (My Guy, #1)
  • Boston Escape (Boston Boys #3)
  • Wild Man (Wild Men, #1)
  • Match Fit (Love and Play, #1)
  • Just Neighbors (Blue Beech, #4)
  • The Beauty and The Beast (Heroes Ever After #1)
  • Montana Rogue (Big Sky Mavericks #7)
  • Tempting Me
  • Gorgeous: Book One (The Gorgeous Duet)
  • Primal Howl (Primal Howlers MC, #1)
  • Scoring a Fake Fiancee (Mr. Match #2)
  • Ayden (Wild Men, #4)
  • Spring Fling (Romancing Wisconsin #7)
  • Be with Me (All I Want, #2)
  • Finding Olivia (Trace + Olivia, #1)
  • What Happens in the Highlands
  • Playing It Safe: A York Bombers Hockey Romance (The York Bombers, #5)

Texas Mutiny (5 books)
  • Groupie (Texas Mutiny, #2)
  • Goalie (Texas Mutiny, #3)
  • Deflected (Texas Mutiny, #4)
  • Outswinger