Start by marking “Eat, Pray, Die (An Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery, #1)” as Want to Read:
Eat, Pray, Die (An Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery, #1)

Eat, Pray, Die (Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  3,446 Ratings  ·  196 Reviews
Being an undercover poison taster for the rich and famous might sound glamorous, but for Isobel Avery it means stomaching bad clients and even worse coffee.

The one side of the job that lives up to expectations is the money. Which is just as well for Izzy, since she needs an awful lot of it. Who knew when she made a lifelong commitment to a man that it would be one year li
Published July 5th 2016 by JFP Press

To ask other readers questions about Eat, Pray, Die, please sign up.
Gail Oleary Very little violence in the book. More like a romance comedy.

Christina ~ Brunette Reader

3,5 Stars

From Australia to Los Angeles, trying to make a new beginning while avoiding the clutches of some loan sharks hot on her trail, kind courtesy of her ex-husband, Isobel Avery starts her new very particular job as a poison taster for rich clients and soon finds herself embroiled with nosy neighbours, murderers, lethal food and a handsome-to-distraction boss.
Told from Izzy's quirky point of view Eat, Pray, Die book 1 in a new series by debut author Chelsea Field, is a very humorous and
Montzalee Wittmann
Fun, Unique, and Crazy Murder Mystery

Eat, Pray, Die has got to be the most unique murder mystery, without being a supernatural, I have read! What a way to make a living! Tasting food for the rich and famous for poison and to distinguish between the poisons! Meanwhile, she owes a loan shark a lot of money thanks to a creepy ex- husband, she is stalked by a creepy rich guy that likes to drug his victims...all while working a case pretending to be a girlfriend but really tasting his food. It is ful
Cyndi
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have found another terrific new author!!! Ok, new for me, anyway. 😊
Izzy has moved to LA from Australia. She left a jerky ex-husband who left her with a hundred grand in debt with a loan shark.
The job she finds is as a taster for the rich and famous. Apparently poison is the choice of their killers. So they hire someone to taste all their food but undercover. Cool idea for a story. Right? 📖😳 It kinda makes you want to take a closer look at some famous deaths. 🤔
Anyway, Chelsea Field brings h
Dean Mayes
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eat, Pray, Die is a sexy and stylish mystery/thriller with no shortage of smart dialogue and taut action scenes combined with an engaging and involving mystery from the get go.

Chelsea Field's protagonist, Isobel Avery, is a classic fish out of water heroine - an attractive and plucky young Australian who navigates her way through the highly polished chintz of LA's celebrity obsessed culture in the role of a poison taster to the rich and famous. Working for a shadowy agency, Isobel is hired as a
Brittain *The Baddest Female*
This is one of those books that once you get past the implausibility of the premise, it's actually a pretty great book.

Eat, Pray, Die is about a young woman, down on her luck, who takes a job as a taste tester. But it isn't one of those jobs where you are making sure that your green apple jellybean *actually* tastes like green apple. She is tasting for poisons in the food of the rich and famous so they don't die. In exchange for her health and well-being, she is paid enough to get loan sharks of
Tess
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book, Eat, Pray, Die, was such a pleasure to read.
The story (around a secret society of poison tasters) is original, the characters are entertaining and well developed, the mystery is intriguing and left me guessing, and the tense, romantic beginnings between Izzy and the "annoyingly sexy" Connor has certainly got me hooked.
The side characters including Izzy's housemate, neighbour, client, and debt collector all add humour and depth to this book. The final scenes with the resolution of th
[Aengell]
Jul 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars - A really funny and refreshing "Humorous Mystery", as the title suggests.

Izzy just graduated as a professional food tester for the rich, as in: taking a bite of everything they eat and smelling it, so that they can detect any poison-y stuff. She has lived through some bad stuff, bad stuff mostly meaning her ex-husband, and now she has to do her first solo project and show her agency that she's the top of her class. So, originality: Score.
I won't tell more about the plot at this po
Ian
Hollywoods elite face a dastardly threat. There are evil-doers around every corner who are just waiting to slip poison into their coffee. An elite group of poison tasters are all that stands between them and projectile vomiting.

Yeah...Eat, Pray, Die is more Stan Lee than Tom Clancy. It's cartoonish and over the top, you kind of expect James Bond to drive up with a ray gun or something. But it's also very good fun and if you're looking for a beach or pool book it well and truly fits the bill.
Teri G
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Food tasters have been around as long as there has been wealthy or powerful people. I mean, what does it matter if the taster falls over dead of poison as long as the client stays healthy? Well written, very entertaining, filled with action, suspense, mystery, humor, romance and very unique characters. You will love Connor and Isobel....I have very high hopes for these two in the upcoming books in the series. Chelsea Field has written a winner and I cannot wait for the next books in the series. ...more
Whitney (Shooting Stars Reviews)
Reviewed by Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

Izzy has been in L.A. training for a secret job as a poison tester for almost a year now. She needs a lot of money quickly to pay of the loan shark her ex-husband stuck her with.
But with her first assignment things get sticky when she has to find out who is trying to murder a client. Her new boss is also very attractive, and she doesn't know weather he is being serious about them getting together or not, and she would rather just work on trying to stay
Christine
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, 2017
I can't remember when I've been this obsessed with a book series. I binge read this entire series within a week. And mind you, working all day made it difficult. But I would sneak a few minutes during lunch at work just so I could get my fix. I can't even begin to describe how much I LOVED this book. It was hilarious, but not over the top. Izzy is so relatable, and her interaction with Connor is a definitely highlight. Etta was just a ray of sunshine, I absolutely loved her. The whole premise is ...more
Marie Mony
Jun 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! Izzy is an endearing character who has a penchant for getting herself into trouble, combined with a natural ingenuity for getting herself out of trouble (eventually). The humour dispersed throughout the book often caught me unaware and made me laugh out loud. One particular scenario will stay with me for a long time... but I won't spoil it for you. Perfect blend of a good plot with a surprising solve and a satisfying conclusion that left me hanging out for the next book of the s ...more
Kathryn Lynn
Apr 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this mystery. From page one I was laughing and extremely curious about what was happening. Field builds suspense like a master, just as she builds sexual tension between the two main characters. I read it quickly, because I had to know what was coming next. Field is excellent at characterization, and I came away with such a fondness for Izzy and Connor that led me to buy the second book in the series before I finished this one.

Eat, Pray, Die is a triumph in its genre.
Lisa Morin
Aug 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: author-arc
Eat, Pray, Die is a unique cozy mystery written by Chelsea Field. I was given an ARC of this book from the author in exchange for my fair and honest review. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

Isobel Avery is flat broke, her ex-husband left her with a huge debt to a loan shark and when she interviewed with Connor Stiles for a job, she knew getting this job was a matter of life or death, literally.

The life of the wealthy and elite is extravagant, and for some of these millionaires having a "food
Andrea Daniel
Nov 07, 2017 rated it did not like it
Rachel
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, book-club
A unique concept, engaging writing style, easy humour, and I didn't work out 'whodunnit', which is a sign of a good mystery.

I am new to the idea that 'self-published' is not the same thing as 'wasn't good enough to get a proper publishing contract' - but this book is definite proof.

(PS: As an Aussie who refuses to buy into coffee-fashion, this book gave me hope that the whole world hasn't gone crazy! Perhaps I need to move to LA...)
Priya
Jun 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
When a McDonald's sundae equals comfort food, you know you're on to a winner and Isobel Avery seems like a girl after my own heart (or is that stomach?) Eat, Pray, Die is a clever take on the celebrity scene and all that inevitably goes with it. An enjoyable read, especially for those who can appreciate a healthy dose of Aussie humour. Looking forward to the sequel. Please note that I received a free copy in exchange for an honest review.
Ruby
Oct 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy books like One for the Money, this series is around the same lines. Humor abounds with the essence of a great mystery filling in with the fun of witty, quirky characters. I absolutely enjoyed reading this!!!
Katherine
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun new twist

A clever twist for a job, poison taster. This is a fun read with some clever twists. Quick and easy and great when you need something light hearted to read. You might even be tasting your food differently.
Meg
Apr 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
A clever twist in a cozy, wherein the mc is a taste tester, and has been highly trained in detecting poisons. Fast paced read, with humor and romantic elements. CMs elderly neighbor is a hoot. Looking forward to reading the next in the series.
Darren
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to receive and read an advanced copy of this book. Sincerely enjoyed reading this one and will recommend. Great balance between humour (that will leave you smiling) and mystery. It's captivating plot makes it difficult to put down.
Susan
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Fun start to a new series. A unique premise in personal security. Izzy & Connor make the perfect sleuthing couple. Laughs, romance, and mystery will grab you form page one. I'm off to read book 2!
Cissa
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fascinating premise: the global elites are very secretly poisoning each other for fun and profit, and so there is an equally secret company supplying trained food tasters. It's not quite as dangerous as it used to be, though, because those hired and trained have a genetic mutation that makes them more resistant to poisons than normal people are.

Izzy is motivated to do this because her ex-husband took out a $200,000 loan with a sketchy loan agency, then left her with half the debt upon divorce, a
Shirley
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Terrific read

Funny,funny,funny. So unique. I'd recommend this book if you like mysteries, quirky characters, unbelievable humor...I just ordered the next book. Can't wait to read it.
kels
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, mystery
Fun, fast-paced, and vaguely reminiscent of Stephanie Plum. Field's premise of a secret group of elite poison tasters who protect the rich and famous was pretty unique and entertaining. There's a touch of romance, and decent chemistry, but it mostly takes a backseat to the mystery for the majority of the book - definitely a slow burn.
LaRee
Jul 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am glad that the series is available in Kindle Unlimited. The book and story stand alone, it doesn't leave you hanging. BUT, it did leave me wanting to read more. I like the writing style. It is an easy fun read. The perfect summer beach book. I enjoyed the story and found myself laughing aloud at times. I'm starting the next book now.
Melissa Dinwiddie
Jul 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A new twist on an old formula

Izzy, an Australian transplant in Los Angeles to escape a bad divorce, is a new trainee and graduate of the Taste Society, an exclusive--and secret--organization of professional tasters: specialized bodyguards whose job it is to prevent celebrities from being poisoned.

Izzy's sent on her first assignment... which turns out to be more of a final exam... but then becomes not only an honest to goodness assignment, but a race against the clock to save the life of a colle
Lisa
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-read
Eat, Pray, Die was such a fun read.

The book blurb got me interested right away, and the author's style kept me going. The story was amusing (and reminded me a bit of Janet Evanovich), while the characters were entertaining, funny and realistic. The main and the secondary characters were decently developed, which is a pleasure actually as lots of books don't do this well. I found myself invested in the story and wanting to know more. I think it helps that the author is a fellow Australian, so th
Dora
Jul 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Eat, Pray, Die

Isobel Avery is an ex-pat Aussie on the run from a loan shark courtesy of her ex-husband who left her on the hook for $100,000 of debt with interest compounding way faster than she can pay. She has agreed to take on a very dangerous job as a food taster for prominent persons with enemies who may try to poison them.

Her first job does not turn out quite as she expected. However, she does manage to not die and makes friends with Etta her cookie eating, gun toting, gator hunting, sexy
Sharon M. Turner
Unique, fun mystery!

Food taster to the King, sort of. Ever hear about a food tasting service? Well, this is a good tale about just that, with a dab of James Bond thrown in. Izzy is a neophyte food taster who gets involved with her trainer to save her client and another taster. You're not going to believe how this one ends. Great dialogue and interesting characters. Got to read this one.
  • A Geek Girl's Guide to Arsenic (Geek Girl Mysteries #2)
  • Chef Maurice and the Bunny-Boiler Bake Off (Chef Maurice Mysteries, #3)
  • The Lover's Knot (No Better Angels, #2)
  • When A Laird Loves A Lady (Highlander Vows: Entangled Hearts, #1)
  • Hotel South Dakota (Tory Bauer Mystery #3)
  • The Incomparables: 6 Heroes of Waterloo and the 6 Ladies They Adore
  • Marriage Reinvented
  • Fate Forsaken (DarqRealm #2)
  • The Norths Meet Murder (Mr. & Mrs. North #1)
  • Rough Waters
  • Dragons Lost (Requiem for Dragons, #1)
  • Murder On The Menu (Celebrity Mystery, #1)
  • Show Time (A Dodie O'Dell Mystery #1)
  • The Predator of Batignolles (Victor Legris, #5)
  • Broken Glamour (The Glamour Series, #2)
  • Due North (Butterscotch Jones Mystery #1)
  • Those Who Remain
  • Dead and Breakfast (Cayo Hueso Mystery #1)
Chelsea Field has lived an exciting life for an introvert.

She’s fallen off a galloping racehorse, faced down dozens of Australia’s most dangerous animals (including vicious roosters, for those of you who’ve read EAT, PRAY, DIE), and while she’s never sold buns or coffee for a living like her protagonist, she’s consumed plenty of both.

Yes, all of those points are about animals or food. I told you s
More about Chelsea Field

Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery (5 books)
  • The Hunger Pains (An Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery, #2)
  • Poison is the New Black (An Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery, #3)
  • Poison and Prejudice (An Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery #4)
  • Duty and the Beast (Eat, Pray, Die Humorous Mystery #5)

Mystery & Thrillers Deals

• Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Shaken (Jack Daniels Mystery, #7)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Day (Jessie Cole, #1)
  • Split Second
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Killing Lessons (Valerie Hart, #1)
  • Scat
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Blood Money (Joe Dillard #6)
  • Bluebird, Bluebird
    $13.99 $2.99
  • The Falcon at the Portal (Amelia Peabody, #11)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • In Good Faith (Joe Dillard #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Forbidden Stone (The Copernicus Legacy, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Monogram Murders
    $10.99 $1.99
  • The Hanging Judge (The Judge Norcross Novels)
  • The Visitant: A Venetian Ghost Story
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Die Like an Eagle (Meg Langslow #20)
  • Damaged
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Virgin in the Ice (The Chronicles of Brother Cadfael)
  • Little Monsters
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Reason to Live (A Marty Singer Mystery Book 1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Agatha Raisin and the Potted Gardener (Agatha Raisin, #3)
  • Infinity Born
    $6.99 $2.49
  • True Fiction (Ian Ludlow Thrillers #1)
  • The Long and Faraway Gone
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Deadly Recall (Jessie Cole, #2)
  • The Curse of the Pharaohs
  • When You Disappeared
  • Queenpin
  • I'm Thinking of Ending Things
  • Song of Kali
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Counterfeit Heiress (Lady Emily, #9)
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Ugly Young Thing (Strangers #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Burglars Can't Be Choosers (Rhodenbarr, #1)
  • Trespassing
    $5.99 $2.99
  • In Cold Blood (A Beatrix Rose Thriller Book 1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Mysterious Benedict Society
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Stranger Inside (Strangers #4)
  • The Remains
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Doubt (Caroline Auden, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Signature Wounds (A Grale Thriller Book 1)
  • The Trouble with Goats and Sheep
    $11.99 $2.99
  • The Naturalist (The Naturalist #1)
  • The Girl from the Sea
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Hammerhead Ranch Motel (Serge Storms Mystery, #2)
    $2.99 $1.99
  • The Five Red Herrings (Lord Peter Wimsey, #7)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • Lady Cop Makes Trouble  (Kopp Sisters #2)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Stillhouse Lake (Stillhouse Lake, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • And Only to Deceive (Lady Emily, #1)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Furious (Faith McMann Trilogy, #1)
  • The Forgotten Ones
  • Moving Day
  • Jade Dragon Mountain
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Hangman's Daughter (The Hangman's Daughter, #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • The 19th Wife
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Dead Over Heels (Aurora Teagarden, #5)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Whole Enchilada (A Goldy Schulz Culinary Mystery #17)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Curse (Blur Trilogy #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Poisonous (Max Revere, #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • An Expert in Murder (Josephine Tey, #1)
    $4.74 $1.99
  • Mission Flats
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Blur  (Blur Trilogy #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Death of a Travelling Man (Hamish Macbeth Mystery)
  • The Grave Tender
  • I Am Watching You
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Persons Unknown (DS Manon, #2)
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Given Day
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cold Vengeance (Pendergast, #11)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Outrage (Faith McMann Trilogy, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Lion (John Corey, #5)
  • Poppet
  • Mine
  • Ritual: A Novel
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Injustice For All (Joe Dillard #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrath (Faith McMann Trilogy, #3)
  • Birdman
  • Fractured
  • The Winter Over
  • American by Day
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Shifting Tide (William Monk, #14)
  • The Necklace
  • Good Behavior
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Big Fear (Hollow City Series, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Clockers
  • Never Smile at Strangers
  • The Moonlit Garden
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Holy Island (DCI Ryan Mysteries, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Barkeep
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Good Liar
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Cold (A Joe Tiplady Thriller #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Criminal Defense (Philadelphia Legal #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Poppy Done to Death (Aurora Teagarden, #8)
  • Twisted
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter Series, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • No Shred of Evidence (Inspector Ian Rutledge, #18)
    $10.99 $1.99
“I’d gone through that phase in high school and no longer mistook a man’s obsession with his own greatness for actual greatness.” 0 likes
“most of the people on there are self-absorbed asses using it to validate their own importance.” 0 likes