Start by marking “Dirty (The Reckless Series #1)” as Want to Read:
Dirty (The Reckless Series #1)

Dirty

(The Reckless Series #1)

Listening Length: 7 hrs

From the USA Today and AMAZON best seller of The Reckless Series, HJ Bellus, comes a sexy romance: DIRTY.

Wrong has never been so right.

Survival.

It's all about the next dollar.

It started out as a job, but has morphed into an addiction.

Money flows and life is good.

Women respond to my mere presence, begging for one more taste.

I was the king, on top of
Audible Audio
Published August 12th 2016 by HJ Bellus (first published June 13th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Dirty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dirty

Pam
3 durty stars
“Are you going to let me love you and fuck the past?”

Dirty is a story about everyone deserves to be loved. Zane is a man addicted, money, sex, women...it all comes easy for him. After all God gave him the goods to make a living off his body and he lives life to the fullest with no fucks given.

The day Ava walks into his life, everything is thrown off balance. Ava is a strong woman who knows what she wants, she's passionate and pure temptation for a man like Zane.

How could a wo
Pam Nelson
Oct 16, 2016 rated it liked it
3 Dirty Stars

Hmm I liked the book but I didn't love it and that's ok right.. There are some great characters in this book. I liked the cougars.. I am so weird.. but they were funny, and fun. I just thought it was different.

Zane’s parents are in jail, and he needs to make money for medical bills and a mortgage.
So he dances, or I should say strips. But he also hooks to make ends meet.

Only he is having a hard time keeping his head in the game after he meets Ava.
Ava and Zane have the pull toward
Taylor Freeman
Jun 13, 2016 rated it did not like it
Nicole
Shelves: arcs

An emotional story which shows us what a person is willing to do for family or someone who is very dear to us. That what Zane is doing, he is this type of selfless person when it comes to his grandpa...here we have a totally different hero from what we used to see a wounded, traumatized man who grew up without his parents but his own hero, his grandpa.

He feels very blessed about it but now life plays another game with him and threatens to take away this blessing. It's truly remarkable to see Zan
Kristiej
Sep 14, 2016 rated it did not like it
DNF

I just couldn't with this book. I got just over 50% and gave up in discust. It wasn't the books theme. I like stories where the hero works in the adult industry, some of my favourite books are this trope. Nope, it's the sheer stupidity and carelessness of the main characters. He is a construction worker by day, a stripper by night and a gigilo after that. He's trying to earn as much money as he can to pay off his grandfather's hospital bills as well as his mortgage. Didn't have issues so far.
KceeReads
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After his parents were locked up in prison for murder, Zane's life has never been easy. Every young man his age were going to college and enjoying relationships, while he was doing three jobs a day just to extend his grandfather's life. He wakes up every morning with one goal: Make money and pay his bills.

Growing up in a prominent family, you'll think Ava has a life where she gets what she wants. Nope, not like that. She grew up being told by her senator dad and trophy wife mom what to do. The o
Carole
Jul 09, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-keep, steamy
Sorry, not my cup of tea - raw rough sex, story sophmoric and melodramatic, insta-love not believable. Toasted from my Ebook Library. 1.5 Stars
Maree Repa
Jun 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Such an emotional example for the need a of money to pay bills and to help out a sticker family to pay hospital insurance and hospital bills. It is where Zane takes ahold to be a sex worker to pay for his family bills. This sexually completely amazed ME so much!

I just love sexy, HJ Bellus novels so much. Such amazing romantic characters and just written so well. Such an amazing book this was!!

I now just can't wait for the next book. I just seem to love them all!!

I recommend this book to everyon
Vicki
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What would you do for the one person in the world that has been there for you through everything that you love and respect unconditionally?

Meet zane a man that understands this dilemma more than others.

Ava a young, free and oh so single out to have a summer to remember to live her life the way she wants not the way she's expected to.
The chemistry and emotion that erupts from the pages of this book are oh so hot and oh my word so beautifully Dirty!!

A fabulous read from H.J Bellus
T.H.
Nothing like tossing two opposites into a ring to see if the attraction can out weigh the differences.

Ava and Zane are nothing a like, yet there is a pull that is like nothing they have ever experienced. Can the demons of their past be let go? Can these two fight for what it is that they really deserve? Can they move on and find that happiness does exist with a few sacrifices?

I like how this story took us in one direction, tossed in a few curve balls and left me feeling like everything was goin
Lydia H
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
I still remember the day HJ Bellus first messaged me, asking me to review her upcoming debut novel, CREE. It seems ages ago and now, almost 20 books later, HJ Bellus brings us a sexy page-turner in DIRTY. Now, when I say sexy, I really mean HOT. The sex scenes in DIRTY will cause HJ Bellus to receive letters from her fans 9 months from now, introducing her to their new babies! Hot. Hot. HOT.

Zane Rivers was SO much more than just a stripper. He was a sweet alpha (something I don’t read often) th
D.C. Triana
“I have no idea what in the hell has happened to me or the trance he’s cast over me, but all I know in his presence like this in a tiny space, it’s all too intoxicating.”

Ok H.J. Bellus, I’m hooked, absolutely hooked! I’m going to be honest here; I’m not a fan of the cover to this book, but damn what a story! They say don’t judge a book by its cover and I’m glad I didn’t. I didn’t know what to expect from this book, but it was good, like hot good, like really really don’t want to put it down good
Diane Holtry
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-or-blog, gifted
We can all take a lesson from Zane's life .. truth is you don't know how good you really have it until you see or become aware of how bad others have it! It's a harsh reality. Zane makes the best choices that he can with the hand that he's been dealt and all the circumstances that surround him. Zane is a strong man who lacks confidence in himself. Ava is an equally strong woman determined to be the person she wants to be. Ava hasn't known love but she fights to show Zane he's worthy of love. Gra ...more
Tina
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow. That was one seriously hot and emotional books. It started off sizzling hot and once the connection developed between the characters the emotional storyline was incredible. This was the first book I've read by Heidi and I definitely want to dig into more of her books now.

Zane was dealt a crappy hand in life. His parents are in jail for murder. He is watching his grandpa die of cancer before his eyes. He does what needs to be done to take care of the only family he's ever had in life. Yes,
Allie York
Jun 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
There are not enough stars for this book.
Yes, this book was dirty, but it was deliciously so. Zane and Ava are a true 'boy from the wrong side of the tracks' love story. Their instant and undeniable chemistry turns into so much more and I found myself rooting for this couple like no other. Zane is a construction worker-slash stripper-slash escort trying to scrape by for his dying grandfather. Ava is the rejected daughter of a politician still hurt from her parent's abandonment.
I laughed, I cri
Deana
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was a great book to read, it wasn't anything I was expecting. H.J. Bellus wrote a exceptional story here. We had exciting sex scenes, high class socials and hard working locals. We see what some people will do to earn money to protect the ones they love and what others will do to cover their own backsides in government. When I say I was shocked I was! The love in this story is so strong for the two young people and the love they share for a elderly man... I don't know about you but I cried ...more
Stephanie
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Could not connect with the main characters because everything felt so rushed
Brandi
Hmm... this one wasn't a favorite of mine.

Zane... I just can't get over the unprotected sex with FOUR women the night before he gets it on with Ava. Eww, eww, ewwwwwww. And then when he admitted he'd probably be with Darby & Rhett if he wasn't with Ava (& he was excited at the idea)... *insert eyeroll here*

Ava... She was a little all over the place. I liked how caring she was & how willing she was to forget Zane's past but I'm just not gaga over the fact that it took her forever to
Tiffany Willams
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"I have a feeling this summer will be for the record books."

GOOD LAWD!!!!

HJ Bellus continues to amaze me!!!

Zane and Ava's story will hypnotize you from the start.
From page one, I was hooked!
I wanted more-needed more-Zane, and boy, did I get it!

That man is sex on a stick and Ava couldn't get enough of him...and vice versa!
Magic Mike ain't got nothing on Zane Rivers!!

"Leave."
"I don't want to."
"Why?"
"Because I've wanted to kiss that f**king smirk off your face since you walked in on me in the bath
Jenny  (Jenz Book Jewels)
Jun 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMG Meet Magic Mike DIRTY Bad boy Zane

This is the first book I have read by this author & I loved it.
Zane will do anything for his only true family his grandpa who is ill. The house bills and medical bills are racking up. Zane work construction in the day & Strips at night with extras for a lot of extra cash but he feels dirty. He won't date because of feeling dirty. Ava enters his life and things are gonna change for Zane but he needs to let people in to help him. He's protective of the
Rebecca Arbaugh
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely Great, Hot Read!!!

Zane Rivers is at the top of his A game. Construction worker by day, stripper/escort by night. He has no plans on settling down or getting involved with anyone, it's always been him and his grandpa. So when bills pile up and cancer slowly starts taking grandpa he decides to up his stakes and become an escort to help pay for things. He never thought he'd come face to face with Ava Livingston and make him want to change his ways.

Ava Livingston comes from a very promin
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
Heart warming, yet breaking - Dirty pulled you in way beyond a world of explosive sexual chemistry & lust, to a place where real life struggles wrap you up in their pain & sorrow.

Life is hard & cruel at times & HJ Bellus really brought the hard hitting realities of these struggles to life in the form of Zane. When life delivers him blow after blow, he does the only thing he knows how to do - survive. But survival comes at a cost, a one that has taken life opportunities away from
Jacquie
Jun 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
OMGeeeee this book is, in a word, HOT!!!! The first chapter starts off with an incredible scene and it just keeps getting hotter and hotter!!

Zane...a sinfully sexy, insanely gorgeous, bad-boy type from the wrong side of the tracks. Raised by his loving Grandpa when his parents are sent to prison for murder, Zane has been treated like a pariah his entire life! Only the love of his Grandpa and his best friend, Rhett, has stopped him from becoming just like them.

Ava...beautiful, sweet but sassy, r
Tracey
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What happens when bills pile up on you and the only family member of yours that means everything to you is stricken with cancer? You do what you can to make as much as money as you can. The reason you do this is to take care of the hospital bills that insurance will not cover and mortgage payments due so you don't lose the only place you have called home.

Zane was brought up by his grandfather after his parents went away. His grandfather did his best for him and he only wants to do the same for
Jamie
Jun 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Ava came from a very wealthy and known family, but all that doesn't make a loving family. From birth she never did anything right in her parents eyes. So what do you do, rebel. Zane had a rough life, parents that are addicts leaving Zane to take care of himself the best a kid could. Then one day his life changes, he is placed with his grandpa and he finds love and trust and what it feels like to be wanted. He life turns upside down when the word cancer is spoken. He is determined to do all he ca ...more
Brynne Hounsell
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Zane does what he needs to survive - not only for himself but so his grandpa can live out the rest of his days comfortably. He is working more than one job - one of them not so legal just to pay the mounting bills from his grandpa's cancer. He feels dirty everyday when he comes home. Reality slaps him in the face when he meets Ava. Ava is from a well to do family that wants nothing to do with her but disown her because she didn't conform to what they wanted.

Zane has a past - a very colorful and
Jodi Bird (Ruby Red Romance Review)
Dirty by HJ Bellus has to be one of the hottest books I’ve read in a while. This story is a true HEA book.

Zane is just a guy trying to the best he can with the situation he’s been handed. Zane’s grandfather took him in as a child because his parents made a poor decision. Now it’s Zane who is taking care of his grandfather. Ava is a girl straight out of college. She’s expected to follow the path set before her, only that’s not what she wants in life. Ending up in a small town for the summer might
Silvy_1309
Sep 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
4star for this one ..
Take some Kleenex with u with all the hot scenes and spicy details you ll read !
Not a full 5 stars because sometimes the Skipping or rush something just could have do it better in the plot
But aside this really enjoyable...and juicy ( no pun intended) 😜
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
felt gaps in the story and let down by narration

Overall 3 out of 5 stars
Performance 3 out of 5 stars
Story 3 out of 5 stars

I was excited to o get to know these two and this friends. Watch their live unfold. See their lives mingle. Their live grow for each other, friends and family.

the let down of the female narration dragged. Our male lead sounded like a female.
Marissa
World Building: This story takes place in a little seaside town of Preston, mostly around Zane’s work and house.
Characters: The main characters in this novel are Ava Livingston and Zane Rivers. Zane has had a rough go of things. But watching his beloved grandfather die of cancer takes the cake. And he will be damned if he doesn’t try his hardest to keep their ranch and have his grandfather’s last months be in peace. But doing the work he is doing is starting to take a toll and making him feel d
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• 5 Stages of Riley Winters
  • Keystrokes
  • Drunk on You (Happy Endings Resort, #3)
  • Letting Go of Us (Anchored Hearts Vol. 3)
  • The Critic
  • Liquid Courage (Liquid Regret, #2)
  • Reality Girl: Episode One (Behind the Scenes, #1)
  • One Night In Paris (Front Man, #2)
  • James Black (James Black #1)
  • Twist Of Fate
  • Needing You (Needing You, #1)
  • Country Heaven (Country Love Series #1)
  • Reprisal (Contrite, #2)
  • Anywhere With You (Happy Endings Resort #2)
  • Seducing Santa
  • Rebel in a Suit (Cockiest Suits #4)
  • Fallen Angel, Part 1 - A Mafia Romance (Fallen Angel #1)
  • Listed: Volume V (Listed, #5)
USA Today Best Selling Author, HJ Bellus is a small town girl who loves the art of storytelling. When not making readers laugh or cry, she's a part-time livestock wrangler that can be found in the middle of Idaho, shot gunning a beer while listening to some Miranda Lambert on her Beats and rocking out in her boots.

Website: http://authorhjb.com/
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2tjmFtN
BookBub: http://bit.ly/

The Reckless Series (3 books)
  • Filthy (The Reckless Series, #2)
  • Scandal (The Reckless Series #3)