Start by marking “Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 2” as Want to Read:
Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 2

Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 2

Best Women’s Erotica of the Year, Volume 2 gives us fierce female passion, timeless love, and lustful encounters that are guaranteed to fill you with utter delight. Editing by the award winning Rachel Kramer Bussel, these sexy stories about women on the prowl span the globe, traveling from Peru to the Bahamas and beyond in pursuit of pleasure. Learn why "Teacher Appreciati ...more
Published December 13th 2016 by Cleis Press

To ask other readers questions about Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 2

warhawke
Dec 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Lovers of sexy shorties
Genre: Erotica
Type: Anthology
POV: Various
Rating:

Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 2 is a collection of 22 erotic short stories by various authors from established to first time authors. The stories are a good mix of genre, writing style and “feel”. One thing I notice about the characters and stories is they are empowering. It’s a celebration of being a woman and enjoying physical pleasure because it is something that we deserve.

I read 11 of the stories and you can read my short snippets
Diana
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: adult, ebooks, anthologies
As much as I love anthologies I hate reviewing them. Do I talk about the book as a whole? Do I rave about the ones I enjoyed the most? Do I direct each individually?

I'm going to go with the first option for this one.
One of my favorite things about anthologies like this is that they are great go-to books. You can read the stories all at once or at whatever pace and in whatever order you want. Whenever you want and in whatever mood you happen to be in.

That last one is me; the "mood reader," unless
Xan West
I am especially excited to read “On Some Maps, But Not On Others” by Annabeth Leong, from reading Lana Fox's post about it & it's exploration of non-binary gender: http://www.lanafox.com/de-boning-binary/

These quotes, I am swooning. & I already adore Annabeth Leong's work so much.

“Gender still scares me,” explains the protagonist as she allows her own needs to transform her, “but now I think about it all the time. I don’t know what to call myself, don’t know what I am. The boundaries of
Leandra Vane
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review and I’ll admit I took a long time to read the whole collection of stories. As a reader and writer of erotica I wanted to savor each story and this book was like a box of chocolates that I’ve been taking out over the months to indulge in a sweet little release then let the story and writing sink in before I moved on. (Not to mention life gets in the way of even the most rigorous of erotica studies!)

My favorite story in this collectio
Alyssa
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Again, Rachel Kramer Bussel has edited a great collection of women's erotica! I always am eager to read whatever collections she puts out.

The story that most stuck out for me and that has stayed in my head was "Wordless Surrender". I don't think I have ever read an erotic story with a main character who was hearing impaired. I found that it added to the eroticism of the overall story and also included a diverse character.

I noticed that many of the authors in this collection were newer (or maybe
Joy Zelig
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“There are so many ways we women hold ourselves back, allow ourselves to believe that what we might want is ‘too much,’ and that by extension, so are we,” editor Rachel Kramer Bussell writes in the introduction to Volume Two of The Best Women ’s Erotica of the Year.

That is decidedly not an issue in this collection.

The women in this diverse bouquet of sexy stories rather more Burst Forth! than hold back. And they do so in an impressive range of situations illuminating a broad spectrum of relatio
Laurie Rockenbeck
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another excellent collection of hot stories edited by Rachel Kramer Bussell. The best anthologies provide a range of experiences, and this volume is no different. There are a couple of stories that I found less interesting or exciting than others, but that is on me and my predilections. As is usual with everything Bussell puts together, every offering in the book is well written, and each story is...well a story.

My Favorites:
At the End of the World by Winter Blair. This post-civilization story
Wes baron
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: bdsm, favorites, sex
A book called The Best Women's Erotica of the Year (vol 2) leaves you expecting a lot. In this case, the book edited by Rachael Kramer Bussell and published by Cleis Press absolutely delivers on its promise.
The stories are lustful tales of erotic women in exotic locales that fuel their fire. From a Brooklyn cigar bar to a hostel in Peru, to the back seat of a car in San Franciso to a wintery cabin in the woods, story after story ignites fires for you.
I was particularly taken by three stories w
Tracey
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: erotica, signed-copy
a free copy of this novel was given to me by Rachel Kramer Bussel for an honest review

This volume took me a little longer to get through. Unfortunately, it's because I didn't connect with the majority of the stories. I failed to lose myself in the fantasy of these women's erotic adventures. I did like a few stories; actually more like loved completely. My favorites were:

On His Knees by Eve Pendle
Mind Control by Violet R. Jones
Serious Faces by Ella Dawson
Cigarro Tarde by Abigail Ekue
Volcano Nigh
Janine
Another great collection of erotic short stories edited Rachel Kramer Bussel. I am never disappointed when I read one of her collections and I have read quite a few. I always discover some new to me authors and I also get to enjoy stories from some of my favourite writers. There is something for everybody and every taste. Would recommend.
Abby
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-books
I enjoyed that this was a wide variety of stories. Some I didn't care for, while there were others that left me wanting more. All the stories were quick reads and easy to get lost in. They were sexy, fun and entertaining.
Tequila
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Once again Rachel Krammer Bussel has put together an amazing collection of erotica. Every one of these stories have left me longing for more. If you're looking for a great collection of erotica that will get your heart pounding, then look no further. The authors do not disappoint!
Paulette
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was ok
The Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 2 was not exactly what I thought it would be. I'm all for hot, steamy, kinky sex but this was a bit much for me. I really enjoyed some stories by some of the authors and wished the stories would've had more to read because the characters and storyline were good. Others I just skimmed through or skipped over because the stories were just a bit over the top for me. I'm not into the drastic S&M with over the top Doms. I'm OK with some bondage and mor ...more
Kris
I am not usually a huge fan of short stories, but this was a great collection by a group of authors. I had heard of a few of them, but many more that I had not and will look for in the future.

ARC provided by NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
Corrine Silver
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wrote
great diverse anthology!
Sneza
Jan 16, 2017
Kim Houston
rated it did not like it
Dec 28, 2017
Nikki Becker
Jan 26, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »
  • Under Her Thumb
  • Paranormal Fantasies: A Promotional Collection of 14 Erotic Supernatural Stories
  • First: Sensual Lesbian Stories of New Beginnings
  • Multi-Orgasmic
  • Claimed by Her Web Master (Web Master, #3)
  • Order Your Pleasure: A Series of Erotic Short Stories
  • The Red Labyrinth
  • Very Superstitious: Myths, Legends and Tales of Superstition
  • Deadly Dominance (Triple D #1)
  • Five Monkeys
  • Of Cats and Men: Profiles of History's Great Cat-loving Artists, Writers, Thinkers, and Statesmen
  • Unruly Creatures: Stories
  • True Choices (True, #3)
  • His Beast Mate (Beast Mates, #4.5)
  • The Dollhouse
  • The Now or Never Moment: Omnibus
  • Finding Love Down Under
  • Bowie: Album by Album
I'm the editor of the Best Women's Erotica of the Year series, the Best Bondage Erotica of the Year series, and over 60 anthologies including The Big Book of Orgasms and Come Again: Sex Toy Erotica. I've also written a wide range of erotica about everything from French fries to fishnets. I read a wide range of genres, from erotica to romance to mystery to memoir to graphic novels and anything that ...more