Start by marking “The Sheik's Arranged Marriage (Desert Rogues, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Sheik's Arranged Marriage (Desert Rogues, #2)

The Sheik's Arranged Marriage (Desert Rogues #2)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  735 Ratings  ·  43 Reviews
Shy American Heidi McKinley winced when the king himself insisted she marry, and make heirs with, his sinfully sexy royal son. For Prince Jamal was a legendary lover - whatever would he see in serious Heidi?
Paperback, Silhouette Special Edition, #1324, 256 pages
Published May 1st 2000 by Silhouette

To ask other readers questions about The Sheik's Arranged Marriage, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Sheik's Arranged Marriage

Dina
I'm sorry to say this, but not even SM's writing could save this book for me. Jamal was OK, but his decision to hold his silence when he clearly knew Heidi had misconceptions about him made him look stupid, not cool and distant. Heidi, oh Heidi... I didn't like her at all. She was unbelievably innocent, to the point of being totally ignorant about sex. I just couldn't buy the idea of a modern, 25-year-old woman who had had the best education possible being so clueless. And her scatterbrained pla ...more
Jenny
I loved this lighthearted romance. Heroine was adorable and so funny I adored her. I love how she seduced her husband and how vulnerable they both were. His first wife was a bitch so it was super romantic how he found love with Heidi. This author knows how to write steamy love scenes!
Chitra *CJ*
Oct 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: v-card
What started out as an excellent book quickly turned really.. stupid.
Heidi is plain, frumpy family friend of al Bahar royal family. She comes back to become a historian but is instead coerced to marry the second prince, widower Jamal because she wants stability and children and what better way than a arranged marriage *frown*
Jamal finds her plain and barely attractive but marries her for duty.
First half was good, filled with some funny scenes but by the middle my brain went wtf.
I mean she wants
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
Jacqueline
It was okay but the premise was silly. There's no way someone wouldn't recognize his own wife even with wig/contacts. And the fact that she thought he wouldn't realize it was her immediately was just silly. The ending was kind of sweet.
Baneen121
Jul 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
********Contains no spoilers**********
Okay, so first of all I love steamy romance books so my mini review might be a bit biased.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, it was fast paced and the main characters were interesting. I loved Jamal.
The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that the story was very predictable.
Overall, it was a descent book and I enjoyed it.
Tia
Aug 27, 2012 rated it liked it
I had trouble reading this novel because it was so embarrassing. At least parts of it were. The heroine was way too young mentally for her physical age of twenty-five. I felt horrible that the hero had to marry her and deal with it. As the heroine grew, things got better but the whole 'Honey' persona wasn't very good.
Gina
Aug 03, 2010 rated it really liked it
It's a nice short read. It isn't a great book but definatly entertaining. Jamal was an interesting character, but Heidi was annoying. A lot of the plot was misunderstandings and lack of communication.
Skyden
Sep 20, 2014 rated it did not like it
Nope. Couldn't do it. This rating is based on reading 20% of the book. Maybe the first and second chapter. I tired. I seriously tried to continue with this series but I can't. Here we meet Heidi, who dreams of translating the slowly disintegrating ancient texts at the palace. Unfortunately for her the King, and his mother Fatima, have decided she's perfect for the middle Prince Jamal. Heidi doesn't want to marry but apparently according to the King (and Fatima), Heidi has to be married in order ...more
Natalie
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Timeforme
Heidi is one of the most annoying characters I've read about in a long time. She innocent to the point of unbelievability (literally) as well as too capricious and indecisive to survive. She was simply painful to read about. I liked everyone else in the book or it would have gotten a rating of 1.
Rosalie Palisi
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The entire Desert Rogues series by Susan Mallery is a must read. Funny and heartwarming.
Kari
Dec 28, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015
So, right after finishing The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride, I picked up the send book, The Sheik's Arranged Marriage. I'm not even sure what made me finish this book because, like the first one, it read like a bad 80s romance novel. I can't say whether or not the author was trying to make it read like that If so, she definitely succeeded.

The premise of this one is so silly. Heidi returns home after years at college and finishing school. The only place she feels at home is El Bahar. The King was a cl
Virginia
Jun 25, 2012 rated it really liked it
Mariana Bezerra
Dec 31, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-in-2013
I liked Heidi form the begin, but was a little strange to see her dress herself that bad, while she was raised to begin the next princess. She’s smart and funny, plus spent several years in college preparing herself to work on El Bahar old documents. She could dress better and know more about the King plans.

I agree that she’s the perfect match for Prince Jamal, even if they don’t exactly know each other, but an arranged marriage is very normal for this royalty and they accepted because the King
Barb
Jun 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Man-shy American Heidi McKinley winces when the king himself insists she marry--and make heirs with--his sinfully sexy royal son! For Prince Jamal was a legendary lover, an expert on erotic intrigue. Whatever would he see in serious-minded Heidi?
Plenty! Up to his crown in gold-digging bubbleheads, Jamal is secretly enchanted with the sweet and studious virgin. So why was homespun Heidi donning silken disguises and posing as siren "Honey Martin" to seduce him? And how could Jamal hope to choose b
Cs
Aug 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: romance
gautami
I used to read Mills & Boon and Silhouette romances when I was in school and college. I have read quite a lot of "Sheik" romances. I had not read a single Susan Mallory novel till date. I find she is a very popular romance novel author. However after reading this, I am not going to pick anything by this author again.

Heidi McKinley marries Jamal Khan. Theirs is an arranged marriage as desired by the king. After a disastrous start on their wedding day, Jamal stays away from Heidi. She sets ab
Elizabet Luna
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome. This book really made me laugh. Can't wait read the next book
Kristy
Jan 29, 2012 rated it liked it
OMG, I wanted to punch the heroine in the face for the entire book. The hero....I liked. The heroine....a total dumbass. I find it hard to believe that she is supposed to be this brilliant college graduate, but she has NO CLUE about sex. I can buy her being a virgin, what I can't buy is her not really understanding how Tab A fits into Slot B.

I liked the book enough to keep reading and I will continue with the series, but I will punch kittens if there is another heroine that is this effing stupi
Mary
I liked this one. A shy, naive, bookish heroine and an alpha desert prince marry in an arranged marriage that suits everyone but themselves. Heidi decides to become "Honey", a mature woman-of-the-world to become more confident and to attract her husband without him recognizing her.

I loved Heidi and could empathize with her in her attempts to learn how to relate to her husband. I also liked her attempts at being "Honey" and learning to flirt. This isn't great literature, but it is a good read.
Maria
Mar 04, 2008 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I found Susan Mallery last month while vacationing and liked her current books so much that I went to half.com to get as many as I could find of her previous books. This one is from her "Sheik" series. Although not quite as good as her current books, since it lacks her wonderful humor, I found it worth reading if only to try to see how she got from her early writing to now. (Warning! It is a Silhouette book, which puts it squarely in the Romance only category.)
Donna
Aug 02, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2013
A cute romance but Heidi's naïveté with respect to sexual arousal and intercourse, given her educational background, required a great deal of suspension of disbelief. I could accept her insecurities, as she was a virgin, but her incredible lack of knowledge about sex was just too much. Jamal was, for the most part, a sweetheart. Other than that one issue with Heidi, I enjoyed the writing, the pacing and the plot.
Francis
Nov 29, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: adult, romance
Again, I looooooved this book....except for a teeny tiny detail.... (view spoiler) Anyway, I still loved the end. Susans a master at romance.

I really, really, really want my prince too.
Modesty_b
Mar 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: desert-sheiks
finally...finally...finally... !!! I've read this story at last :) :D When I started reading the series a long time back ... I was as embarrassed as Heidi , and put off reading it. But I always knew that I'd come back to it... and I finally did. Its a wonderful story and I loved it... the lengths a couple can & should go to make their marriage successful.. it's a lovely story :)
Melissa
Apr 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-romance
Tight writing but life is too simple for these 2D characters. There is one goal for each character be loved & one hinderence be loved. No other problem comes into to play. Work is fine weather is fine family is fine only each other are the problem. how boring.
Susan
Nov 07, 2010 rated it liked it
A $.25 thrift-store find, I recognized the author's name from a book she published with (favorite author) Suzanne Brockmann. It was worth the quarter, though when I set it down after the last page I said to Scott, "What a silly little romance."
Becky R.
Jul 12, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
As with many in the Desert Rogue series, it feels pretty unbelievable, but is still a great escape read. I actually really liked this one and think the tension in it was what made it so good. I like Susan Mallery's writing style.
Rachael Parker
Feb 01, 2015 rated it did not like it
I usually like her books but this was terrible. Couldn't finish it. Just too unbelievable
Prangon
Jul 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Who knew Sheik's could be hawt
  • The Desert Lord's Bride (Throne of Judar, #2)
  • Desert King, Pregnant Mistress (Bought for Her Baby) (Harlequin Presents Extra, #18)
  • The Sheikh's Chosen Queen (Desert Kings, #1)
  • The Sheikh's Virgin Princess
  • The Desert King's Pregnant Bride
  • The Inherited Bride
  • Desert Prince, Defiant Virgin (Harlequin Presents, #2796)
  • The Sheikh's Wayward Wife (Sheikh Tycoons, #2)
  • The Sheikh's Bartered Bride (Royal Brides, #1)
  • Innocent in the Sheikh's Harem (Armstrong Sisters #1)
  • Jewel in His Crown
  • The Sultan's Choice
  • Sheikh with Benefits
  • Possessed by the Sheikh (Sheikh's Arabian Nights #3)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery writes heartwarming and humorous novels about the relationships that define women's lives—family, friendship, romance. She's best known for putting nuanced characters into emotionally complex, real-life situations with twists that surprise readers to laughter. Because Susan is passionate about animal welfare, pets play a big role in her books. Bel ...more
More about Susan Mallery

Desert Rogues (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • The Sheik's Kidnapped Bride (Desert Rogues, #1)
  • The Sheik's Secret Bride (Desert Rogues, #3)
  • The Sheik and the Runaway Princess (Desert Rogues #4)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Princess (Desert Rogues, #5)
  • The Prince & The Pregnant Princess  (Desert Rogues, #6)
  • The Sheik & The Princess in Waiting (Desert Rogues #7)
  • The Sheik & the Princess Bride (Desert Rogues, #8)
  • The Sheik & The Bride Who Said No (Desert Rogues, #9)
  • The Sheik and the Virgin Secretary (Desert Rogues #10)
  • The Sheik and the Christmas Bride (Desert Rogues, #11)

Romance Deals

• #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $2.49
  • Remembering Us
    $3.99 $2.00
  • No Turning Back (Kathleen Turner #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unbound (The Forbidden Bond, #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • In the Heir (Westerly Billionaire, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Life After Perfect (Boot Creek #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Room for You (Cranberry Inn, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Noble Servant (A Medieval Fairy Tale #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Turn to Me (Kathleen Turner, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forbidden Fling (Wildwood #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Vanishing Girl (The Vanishing Girl, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • The Unwanted Wife (Unwanted, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In His Shadow (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Fire (Red-Hot SEALs, #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Sapphire Affair (Jewel, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • This Thing Called Love (Mirror Lake, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Tea and Secrets (Adams Grove, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Highland Promise (Murray Brothers, 3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • MacKenzie Fire (Shine Not Burn, #2)
  • Ensnared
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Turning Point (Kathleen Turner, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Number, Right Guy (The Bourbon Street Boys, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow of a Doubt (The Tangled Ivy Trilogy, #2)
  • Between Me and You
  • Just One Thing
    $4.49 $1.99
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Glassblower
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Blank Slate
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Picturing Perfect (Love of My Life, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgiven (The Forbidden Bond #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sweet Nothings (Sugar Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Sprinkles on Top (Sugar Springs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged In Ash (Red-Hot SEALs, #2)
  • Of Noble Birth
  • Something More Than This
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Mine (Heroes of St. Helena, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Best Medicine (Bell Harbor, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Need You for Always (Heroes of St. Helena, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Turn (Kathleen Turner, #4)
  • The Matchmaker's Playbook (Wingmen Inc. 1) [Kindle in Motion]
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Letters (Rose Harbor #3)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Barbecue and Bad News (Adams Grove, #6)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Mint Juleps and Justice (Adams Grove #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Royal Games (The Royals of Monterra, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Up for Heir (Westerly Billionaire #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Royal Chase (The Royals of Monterra)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The American Lady (The Glassblower Trilogy #2)
    $6.49 $1.99
  • The Wingman (Alpha Male, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
  • The Last Move
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • The Perfect Game (The Perfect Game, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Turn, Right Direction (The Bourbon Street Boys, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Revealed to Him (Kerr Chronicles, #3)
  • I've Got Your Number
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Ink My Heart (Luminescent Juliet, #2)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Wild Swans
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Highland Surrender
  • Voyage of the Heart
  • Good Boy (WAGs, #1)
  • Even the Score
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Point of No Return (Kathleen Turner, #5)
  • 180 Seconds
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shine Not Burn (Shine Not Burn, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 8 Bodies is Enough (Body Movers, #8)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • The Matchmaker's Replacement (Wingmen Inc. #2)
  • Rhythm, Chord & Malykhin
    $2.99 $1.49
  • A Glimpse of the Dream
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Game Changer (The Perfect Game, #2)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • How to Bake a Perfect Life
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Radio Silence
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Domination (Submission, #2; Songs of Submission, #4-6)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Sugar Springs (Sugar Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
“I don‟t hate men,” she said, giving him a quick glance before returning her attention to keeping her horse in line. “I think you‟re a bit overrated, butthat‟s not hating . Men have ruled women and the world by virtue of their gender for several hundred years.”
“Cream always rises to the top,” he replied.
“This isn‟t about cream. It‟s about ruling through physical and mental intimidation. We all have strengths and weaknesses. The difference is,most women are willing to discuss both, while most men only want to talk about their strengths.”
8 likes
“Why would men want to do without women? We adore women.”
“Because they serve you,” she grumbled.
“No.Because they complement us. And I mean complement with an e,not an i. Women are our other halves. Men need women.”
7 likes