Start by marking “Asher's War (Asher Benson #3)” as Want to Read:
Asher's War (Asher Benson #3)

Asher's War

(Asher Benson #3)

Asher Benson has been living on the outskirts of society for years. After surviving a devastating terrorist attack in the mountains of West Virginia, he abandons a life of solitude to rejoin a fight he thought was long behind him. Drowning in survivor's guilt and plagued by the death and destruction that always follows him, Ash dedicates himself to finding the terrorists ...more
Published May 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Asher's War, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Asher's War

Start your review of Asher's War (Asher Benson #3)
Greg at 2 Book Lovers Reviews
Jason Brant has made us wait for the third book in the Asher Benson series. And if you’re going to pull a George R.R. Martin and make your fans wait this long for a book, it damn well better be worth it. Well, Jason Brant has pulled it off. Asher’s War has to be the best in the series…so far.

Every author has their strength. Jason Brant writes dialogue like it’s nobody’s business. The banter between Asher, Nami and Andrew has to be some of the best ever written. He could write a story about the
Laurel Heidtman
Jul 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I read the first book in this series, Ash, but haven’t read the second (or the short story) yet. That didn’t mar my enjoyment of this—the third book—at all! The author sprinkles enough background throughout the story that the reader always understands what went before—and I have to admit, it’s whetted my appetite for the previous stories.

Asher Benson is a wonderful hero—big, strong, telepathic, telekinetic, a beer-drinker, and a good guy. He’s part of a clandestine group nicknamed The Psych
Kira Hughes
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016
The main character is an arsehole... actually pretty much everyone is an arsehole, to some degree, in this book.
It took a little while to get properly started which is one of the reasons I only gave it 4 stars. With Asher, I've become used to immediate ass-kickings and pray-to-whatever-deity-you-believe-in situations with him making stupid jokes the entire time, so when the (shit hits the fan) fighting didn't start straight away, I was a tad disappointed.

I think a couple less comments about how
Michael Loring
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jason Brant's Asher Benson series has been, since book 1, an epic and hilarious journey told through the point of view of Ash; a smart mouthed telepath with a dependency on drinking and sarcasm.

In book three, we get a whole new take on Ash's mission to make the world a better place. In the past two books we've seen some dark things, but always on the outside. In Asher's War we see the darkness reverse and slam directly into Ash himself. Tortured emotionally and physically, he is pushed to near
Jim Kratzok
Very nice end to this trilogy.

My first thought after finishing the book was "oh man, I hope there are more stories coming!" The ending certainly left a few details unresolved. So, I guess time will tell.

Ash Benson and a newly recruited crew are thrown together and are chasing after the elusive Smith once again. The thing about these stories is that they are so vivid that they would be great candidates for adaptation to movies. That would be a lot of fun if done right.
Edwina Brown
Jan 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing
So glad to see the end of Smith in this book. I am guessing that Ash and Drew have not seen the last of the man in the black suit. It would be nice if Ash could move on and have a life besides being a drunk. Yet he is very good at going after the bad guys and bring them to justice. It was terrible to read what Smith did to Jamie Walsh. That was so sad.
Donna Rice
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another stonking good novel! I really like Ash and his team mates. I wasn't so sure about the newbies, but they're pulling their weight alright! Nami is still my favourite potty mouth, and I was disappointed to find that I'd finished the book! There must be a book 4 because this one was left open ended. Who is this new friend of Smith's? What has happened to Ashley's abilities? Will Ash find love? Come on Jason! Put us out of our misery!!
Dale Van De Ven
Feb 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Engaging and hilarious

Reading this book has been a kick, part comedy, all thriller. It’s easy to root for the characters. Ash and Drew and all the others are engaging heroes with an interesting story, can’t wait for the movie version!
Fred
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Very exciting read. Lots of action, fast pace. I loved this book! The novel ends with the possibility of another in the series in the future. I'll have to see if there is another book in this series.
David Foster
Jun 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Jason Brant is one of my favorite authors. His west of Hell series is pure brilliance, and his Hunger series is one of my top three Zombie series.

I've also enjoyed the first two Asher Benson books.

But this one... The writing is good, as always. The action is fast-paced and clear. The world is populated with interesting characters; the author even manages to give personality to some of the special forces bad-asses that are so cookie-cutter in other novels.

But here's the rub: the main character
Jay Dumbeck
Feb 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed it very much. Well written with enough twists and turns to keep you engaged!

I would definitely read more of this series.
Another Jack Reacher in the making. He needs to tone down the hero's ego a little.
Kirsty
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been blown away, yet again!

I could not put this book down! Like all previous books, it was action packed from beginning to end. It left me wanting more.

Ash himself thinks he's a messed up character to make into a hero but, despite his obvious flaws, he is one of my favourite protagonists of all time. People may think his vulgar, egotistical, crazy traits would be off putting, but me? I love it! He's the right mix of all three and can make you laugh or cry depending on what's happening.
Heidi
May 19, 2016 added it
Jason Brant has hit another home run with the 3rd installment of the Asher Benson series. It is full of twists and turns as him and his new team hunt down Smith. I think my favorite new recruit of the group was Bree, but Nami is my favorite even with her potty mouth. This book is as much action packed as the other 2 books in this series. I highly recommend this book and the other two.
Fay
Jun 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: action, comedy
3.5, like the others. I liked how it ended with the main antogonist meeting his sticky end and the protagonists surviving, with Ash being relatively functional.
I do suspect that there may be another in the series due to another antagonist being on the loose still. I may be wrong however.
Linda Goudreau
Sep 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good book..

Enjoyed this Book...Asher' s War...I liked the new characters that Jason has brought into this series. There is a lot of action
With all kinds of weapons. Looking forward to the next Asher book. Thanks, Amarillo Turtle

Scott Wieczorek
May 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Awesome read. I have been enjoying the Asher Benson series since the onset. This is another installment that does not disappoint. I like that Brant left it open for subsequent tales in the series, and I hope that he follows through with that inferred promise soon. Well done.
brian burmeister
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Benson and team don't disappoint.

Yet another great story. New characters join the team to stop Smith and his group, I couldn't put this book down, it will leave you shocked and wanting more. Read it.
Eva Husky
Oct 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Liked the book

I really liked all three books. I think there will be fourth book. I have liked all of his books so far.
Rena Spraul
Aug 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good

This was a good story not as good as the other Asher stories but a good read. I would recommend it.
Candice
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun reading

It's a great "check your brain at the door" and read kind of book. I've enjoyed all the Asher Benton stories
Patty Blaney
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great series...paranormal meets CIA.
Austin
Oct 08, 2019
ann summers
May 26, 2017

• Craig & Fred: A Marine, A Stray Dog, and How They Rescued Each Other
  • The Last Sister (Columbia River, #1)
  • Thief River Falls
  • Icarus (Interstellar Cargo Book 1)
  • Drowning With Others
  • Stolen Justice (Cass Leary Legal Thriller #4)
  • Infinity: A Bridger's Origin (Bridgers, #0)
  • At Last (Redemption Thriller #6; Alex Troutt Thriller, #6)
  • Love Lies: A True Story of Marriage and Murder in the Suburbs
  • What Happens in the Highlands
  • Highland Wedding (Highland Brides, #2)
  • Knot in Teaberry (A Teaberry Farm Bed & Breakfast Cozy Book 28)
  • Captive (Detective Jade Monroe, #2)
  • Devil's Bargain (Cass Leary Legal Thriller #3)
  • Winning his Heart (Marietta St. Claire's, #2)
  • His Christmas Bride (The Marietta St Claire's Book 3)
  • Closing the Deal (The Brides of Blossom, Texas #1)
  • Finding Her Montana Cowboy (Marietta St. Claire's #4)
"JASON BRANT" is an anagram for Bas Trojann, a former Bigfoot hunter who, after being abducted (and subsequently returned) by aliens, decided to hang up his ghillie suit and enter the world of professional arm wrestling. Despite back-to-back first place finishes in the South Dakota World International Championship League, Bas receded from athletics to invent cheese and give Al Gore the initiative ...more

Asher Benson (3 books)
  • Ash (Asher Benson #1)
  • Madness (Asher Benson #2)