Start by marking “Lotsa de Casha” as Want to Read:
Lotsa de Casha

Lotsa de Casha (Five Books for Children #5)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  304 Ratings  ·  28 Reviews
Money can't buy love and being the wealthiest person in the world doesn't guarantee happiness.Lotsa de Casha is the richest -- and most miserable -- man in the world. No matter how colossal his castles, how fast his horses, nor how big his sandwiches, he remains a gloomy old sourpuss -- until he embarks on a fantastic adventure that leads him to the discovery of life's gre ...more
Published June 7th 2005 by Callaway Editions (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about Lotsa de Casha, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lotsa de Casha

Andy
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
schönes Kinderbuch von erzieherischem Wert
Jessica Brown
Dec 29, 2016 rated it did not like it
Everything about this book is incredibly strange. The illustrations are, I suppose, really well done, but so effing creepy. Why is the main character a buff, romance-novel-cover guy with a greyhound head? Why do the trees on page 38-39 have such terrifying faces creepily watching weird people-animals dancing and why does one look like it's getting to third base with another tree? The story itself is supposed to illustrate a good point, but it takes FOREVER to get there and it's so in-your-face t ...more
Hendrix Eva
May 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Money can't buy happiness
Hannah Higson
Oct 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tales
This is such an enjoyable that children will love to hear.
This book is good to talk about morals and provides the opportunity for lots of questioning.
Isabelle
Sep 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Like other of Madonna's books, it's beautifully illustrated. The story is nice and as always there is a strong lesson behind, but I find it a bit 'forced', a good story with a good moral does not need to be so explicit. I would still read it to children but it's not my favourite one of hers.
Mloy
Jun 27, 2015 rated it liked it
It's cute. Just like all good fairytales geared toward a young audience, it had a very valuable lesson-- that all the money and riches in the world won't make you happy. Granted, it probably would be a more profound message had it not come from a multi-billionaire who I'm sure is enjoying 90% of her (deservedly earned) richess but then again, maybe she is just the credible source to deliver such a message-- maybe, she is speaking from personal experience which would make this her seem a bit more ...more
Nichole
Oct 26, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children
In her fifth book, Madonna touches on a very important lesson.

Lotsa de Casha is a very wealthy man, yet he is very unhappy. He sets off on a journey to lean what would make him happy, since he was unable to purchase it on his own. Throughout the story, he is told how to be happy, but he ignores it. After a series of event, he is left penniless. He is aided by Mr. Forfilla with a ride back to his castle under the condition that he helped him along the way with his deliveries. The journey back hom
Wynn
Hypocritical tale from a millionaire celebrity who from my perspective has always put herself first.

Lotsa de Casha was always told “if he wanted to become rich and successful, he had to think about only one thing: himself!” He’s right, but the other characters tell him he’s wrong and to be nice and put others first. Listen kiddies if you do that and you want to get ahead, you will get stomped on, taken advantage of and looked over. You think that ever happened to Madonna? No, I think not.

Now tha
Miund
Jul 16, 2007 rated it it was amazing
My good friend Mr. J. Van Thiel once invited me and one of my best friends to his place for a day of movies, gossips and books. At the end of the day, he showed me this book written by Madonna, and made me read the whole story aloud. I couldn't stop laughing at Madonna's wit! She made Lotsa De Casha so real in its fantasy setting. Who would've thought that a girl who once burned a cross, had a wild and widely-publicized sex life and known for her pointy bustier could come up with very original s ...more
Marissa Elera
The story is didactic, boring, and way too lengthy. The art is borderline sinister. Spend a second REALLY looking at it. Weird, sexy animals with human butts and limbs are never okay. There also appears to be a face in a tree performing fellatio on another tree on page 38.

And what is the deal with Lotsa de Casha's accent? Are we making fun of Italian immigrants with that wildly stereotypical garbage? Itsa crap.
Agewen Stifford
I'm a little bit freaked out with the illustrations (Humans with animal head). But the story is very good. There are 6 fun facts about unhappy people. And then I'm realize, I'm one of them.

I can't believe a musician who sung a song titled Bitch I'm Madonna can write such a good story for both adults and children about respecting others and not all things can be bought with money
Vaishali
Aug 04, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: childrens-books
Dragged. Too simple-minded a protagonist as well. I know Madonna's no Hans Christian Andersen, but I'm stunned that with her resources she didn't bother to study his body of work. The best children's books are methodically crafted... she without doubt views them as vehicles for more cash and newer markets. You know... Madonna.
Tasneem  Zafer
Jan 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
KARMA .. What goes around comes around!!
A tale full of facts and good messages for children.

"if you share what you have and put others before you, you will find happiness"

Nice illustrations suits the story just well!
Mara
Jan 07, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
I absolutely love this children's book. The artwork is gorgeous. A great book for children and their parents!
TW
Aug 15, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: general-fiction
This is "rich" coming from Madonna.
Lobstergirl
Apr 07, 2009 marked it as will-never-read
It is painful just to look at the title of this book.
Michaela
Apr 24, 2008 rated it really liked it
ok then, arrrrr
Neng Nendah
Feb 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
it's a good way to teach how to run the life :)
Aug 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
Three stars for the story, one extra for the beautiful artwork. This one was (along with Mr. Peabody's apples) the best in the series.
Christina
Jan 18, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: childrens-books
The artwork creeped me out a little. Why would a greyhound have human hands?
Mira
Jul 09, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: kids-books
Lovely illustrations aside, Madonna's awful writing manages to sink this hamfisted attempt at a moralized children's story.
Laila Dimyati
Sep 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
A good teaching of life
Gina
Jul 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Read by Madonna in an audio cd, this children's book tries to show the reader that money does not necessarily buy happiness. Not my favorite of her stories, but it was okay.
Anna Dosio
Sep 04, 2010 rated it it was amazing
All about where GREED gets you! Great lesson for children and adults. Loved the illustrations.
Tonya
Feb 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Got this book as a Christmas present. It was a cute book with a good message. This is the first children's book I had read by Madonna. She did a good job. Who knew she had it in her.
Missy
Sep 22, 2010 rated it it was amazing
A cute story and, like Madonna's other books for children, a good message. I loved that it was written in a way to "force" you to speak in an Italian accent when reading out loud. Fun.
Leli
  • Elizabeti's Doll
  • Now, Let Me Tell You What I Really Think
  • Helga's Dowry: A Troll Love Story
  • Richard Scarry's A Day at the Fire Station
  • The Emperor's New Clothes : An All-Star Retelling of the Classic Fairy Tale (with Audio CD)
  • Jillian Jiggs
  • The Golden Book of Fairy Tales
  • Friends
  • Who Hops?
Madonna Louise Ciccone is an American pop singer-songwriter. Through her music career, she has also gained some notability as a dancer, record producer, film producer, actress, author and a fashion icon. She is a multiple Grammy- and Golden Globe-award winner, known for her ambitious music videos, stage performances and use of sexual and religious themes in her work.

More about Madonna

Five Books for Children (5 books)
  • The English Roses