Start by marking “Good Morning, Grumple” as Want to Read:
Good Morning, Grumple

Good Morning, Grumple

3.03  ·  Rating details ·  38 Ratings  ·  11 Reviews
Not every child greets the new day with enthusiasm. Those who don't are called Grumples, and they must be dealt with carefully. Sing very softly, tickle one pinky toe, kiss the scrunched-up forehead. And then a big hug and a singing rhyme to see in the day. Even Grumples cannot resist. There are many going-to-bed books, but Good Morning, Grumple is a unique look at the cel ...more
Published March 22nd 2017 by Pajama Press

To ask other readers questions about Good Morning, Grumple, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Good Morning, Grumple

Dana
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-books
I really wanted to like this book, mostly because I'm also a morning-hating grumple. The illustrations are a little odd, but I was willing to look past that...until I saw the typo. Throughout the book, "its" is used correctly, except in one spot. On the same page, there is both an "its" and an "it's" and they both should be "its." Really?!?!?! Three out of four review journals didn't even mention this. If there's one thing that kills a picture book for me, it's a blatant typo. I don't understand ...more
Jessica Brown
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is me. I am a Grumple and I have been from day one, according to my momma. I do not like getting up in the morning, and neither does Grumple. Grumple's mom gently urges him awake with kisses and singing and hugs. It's a really cute story for the non-morning person/baby and their momma.
Juliana Lee
Cute little story with singing rhymes to help a little one wake up in the morning (not that I've ever met a little one who wasn't bounding out of bed before their parents). The rhythm seemed off for me, but that might be because I'm tone deaf.
Kimberly
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
I'm something of a Grumple myself, and I have to say, this would still be a very annoying way to be woken up.

The illustrations are weird. I'm not a fan of art that looks like I could have drawn it.
Chance Lee
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: picture-it
This book is ok. Books that create a rhyme or a song have to be really good to impress me, and this one didn't do it. The illustrations are also one big bland shade of beige. Oh well. Might be cute for parents whose kids don't want to wake up.
Lindsey
Dec 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Hard to wake up in the morning? Try doing what the mom does in this story...

I didn't really care for the illustration style.
Lisa Boyd
Jul 07, 2017 rated it it was ok
cute book about a grumple, which from my assumptions is a panda squirrel troll.
Miss Sarah
Jun 15, 2017 rated it liked it
A young animals doesn't want to get up in the moning and it's parents sings a simple song that builds in action and loudness to get them up. Any age group. Simple words and actions.
Barbara
Interesting collage illustrations in various tints and tones complement a story that will remind readers of someone they know. While some of us are ready to eagerly greet the day each morning, others take their time about waking up, and even when they are up, are more than a little bit grumpy. It takes deftness and quite a bit of coaxing to get that Grumple up, and this book with its padded cover offers tips for how to do so. A soft song, a brief tickle of a toe, and a kiss might do the trick. A ...more
Christy
Roxana Rathbun
Nov 14, 2017
Amy!
May 04, 2017 marked it as picture-books
It meeeee! Also, the illustrations are kind of weird and adorable.
Dylan Teut
Alice
Aug 23, 2018
Courtenay
May 30, 2017
Victoria Allenby dictated her first picture book to her mother at the age of two. Since then she has learned to write things down herself, and today makes a living as a freelance writer and editor. She lives in Toronto with Cole, a cat who thinks he is much more interesting than laptops and books.