Start by marking “Whiskey & Honey (Country Road #1)” as Want to Read:
Whiskey & Honey (Country Road #1)

Whiskey & Honey (Country Road #1)

Guys have rules. Rule #1: You don't date your sister’s best friend.

Bentley Sullivan hasn't found the one. He's always been the good guy - the gentleman. With one quick, and possibly irrational, decision everything changes. After a case of mistaken identity and a drunken kiss, Ben is convinced that the one is finally right in front of him. Only, she's untouchable.

Girls have
Kindle Edition

To ask other readers questions about Whiskey & Honey, please sign up.

Andrea As you may expect, Ashton is very pushy and demanding. Jameson also wants some time with me (jealous?) so fingers crossed they tell me their story and…moreAs you may expect, Ashton is very pushy and demanding. Jameson also wants some time with me (jealous?) so fingers crossed they tell me their story and it'll be sooner than later!!(less)

Polly
Jul 21, 2016 Polly rated it it was amazing
It's not often (never) I go into a book without reading a blurb and I also never go into a book written by a author that I have never read before without getting tons of info first. Something about this title and cover just really pulled at me and I signed up without knowing anything and I'm so glad that it was a winner!

Whiskey and Honey is a "falling in love with best friend's brother" romance. These type of books can be rather hit or miss for me but I fell in love with this one. The town had
Beth Simkanin
Jul 08, 2016 Beth Simkanin rated it it was amazing
Team Biper Forever!

Andrea Johnston writes in a very easy style which makes me, the reader, feel very present in the moment with her characters. I feel like I'm watching her characters acting through a TV screen. She has a very descriptive style of writing and knows how to establish a scene in a book. She does this in Whiskey and Honey which is a fun and lighthearted read. I wanted to grab my kindle and give it a good hug after reading it because this type of book is why I read romance. The hero
Amy
Jul 06, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing
~~~Beta Read~~~

"This must be what heaven is because I can't get enough."

"When it comes to love, isn't the risk worth the reward?"

Whiskey & Honey is the second book by author Andrea Johnston. It is well written and an overall beautiful story. I am a sucker for friends to lovers romances, so this book was right up my alley. I fell in love with the characters right away and had to know more about them. And let me tell you, their story does not disappoint.

Whiskey & Honey is the perfect summe
Courtney
Jul 15, 2016 Courtney rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Whiskey & Honey is the first book I've read by Andrew Johnston. It's a very sweet and easy read.

I enjoyed everything about this book. The family, friends and camaraderie between everyone makes you smile big time. It's heart-warming story.

Ben moved away after high school when he started college and never came back except to visit here and there. Ashton, Ben's sister is best friends with Piper. They're like sisters. So they all grew up together along with a few other close friends of Ben's.

Wh
Sara
Jul 10, 2016 Sara rated it it was amazing
I can't even tell you how much I loved this book.

I received an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Bentley Sullivan is the man of Piper's dreams. She has had a thing for him since she was a teenager, but he never noticed her and he's her best friend's brother. Piper was different back then, unsure of herself, awkward, but over the years, she has become a self-confident, beautiful woman. On Bentley's first night back in town, he sees a woman at the bar and kisses her. He doesn't know it's Piper,
Kristine
Jul 05, 2016 Kristine rated it it was amazing
I got the honor of receiving an ARC for Whiskey and Honey, and I don't know if I will have the words to do it justice.

I read Life Rewritten, Johnston's first release, at the recommendation of a friend. Loved it. I was patiently awaiting the release of Anna's story, and all of the sudden there is Bentley and Piper. I figured, what the heck. Life Rewritten was good. What will happen with new characters?

Holy. Moley. Within pages, I was engrossed. I found myself in Piper, sharing some of the same fl
Taylor Freeman
Jul 22, 2016 Taylor Freeman rated it it was ok
Piper got on my nerves with her insecurities and her "I need space/I'm avoiding you" routine.

Ben was total insta-love while piper took too long to come around.

Pipers mother is a bitch and should be ashamed of herself for the shit she instilled in pipers head.

Ashton and Jameson were so obviously crushing on each other, well her more than him really, that it got tiring and I just wanted to smack them both.

I love a BFB or BBF book but I don't like the whole martyr thing a lot of these characters do
Amy
Jun 27, 2016 Amy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Adorable & sexy! A modern day fairy tale.

Piper and Bentley have known each other their entire lives. he's her best friend's older brother and in spite of her crush on him growing up, he's always been off limits. This was never an issue before since he didn't seem to know she existed. But now, since he's moved back home, Piper is suddenly everywhere on his radar and that proves to be a bit of a problem.

Andrea Johnston explores a topic I think most people can relate to: "When it comes to lov
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, and heartbreak.

This is Piper and Bentley’s story. Piper and Bentley had a moment. But what they feeling are against the rules. But you can’t choose how you feel. Can these two overcome the rules they thought they needed to follow? Or will they have to stay away from each other? Can to people who are meant to be together really survive without each other? But will one kiss change everything?

I loved these characters and also the si
Brenna
Jul 10, 2016 Brenna rated it really liked it
Whiskey and Honey was a read that certainly matched its title; it was sweet, but packed a little punch. As a reader, I love a book with a "happily ever after," with a smattering of angst mixed in...this book delivered! The dynamic and relationship between Piper and Ben was engaging, entertaining, and the reader couldn't help but root for them. It was easy to see their hesitation, but really, who doesn't want love to win out in the end?! Whiskey and Honey kept me flipping pages, smiling, and shak ...more
Heather
Apr 26, 2017 Heather rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Country Road is the local watering hole in Lexington. Ben (Bentley) has his eye set on the girl at the bar, there's just something about her calling to him. Piper has just broken up with Tony, Ben's rival from school. What happens when the boy of your dreams is the one you want, but he's also your best friend's brother? Follow Ben and Piper's story to find out how things play out.
We like it big book blog
Jul 21, 2016 We like it big book blog rated it really liked it
This was a cute fun fast read for me. I got sucked in right from the beginning. It had a nice wholesome feel to it. Not a lot of drama...Lots of back and forth.
And... I would say this book is YA.

Ben moved back home needing a change in his life. He was in a long term relationship that just didn't feel right to him. He wasn't feeling his job anymore. He knew he needed to go back home and start over again.
Immediately after returning home.... Things started to click back for him. He felt like he los
Michelle
Jul 19, 2016 Michelle rated it really liked it
And... I would say this book is YA.

Misty (Red's Romance Review's)
Piper Lawrence has loved her best friend's brother for as long as she can remember, but to him, she was just another little sister to look after. Piper has never acted on her attraction though, knowing for one that he was totally off limits, and two, because good men like him don't date women like her...and if by chance they do they always leave for something better. With him being away for so many years it has been fairly easy to avoid addressing her feelings for him, but now that he is home it ...more
Bff Book Blog
May 17, 2016 Bff Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-rated-reviews
Whiskey & Honey. I love the way the words of this title play together and roll off the tongue. Even the words sound smooth and sweet; and that is exactly how I would describe this book! Whiskey & Honey is sweet, sassy and a little steamy. It is everything I look for in a Romance Novel!

When Bentley walks into the bar behind a smoking hot woman, he's immediately attracted and distracted. When he finds her sitting at the bar angry texting an Ex, he sees his opening. They snap a payback pict
Monique Tinline
Jul 19, 2016 Monique Tinline rated it really liked it
 photo 12516825_10208063953377144_1111376284_o.jpg

They say you can't fall for your best friend's brother. That its wrong, it will change everything.

Your not supposed to fall in love with your younger sisters best friend. She was the annoying kid, remember her.

But what if as time goes on that all changes, I mean Piper has been in love with Bentley Sullivan since she was little, since she was his sisters annoying best friend. The last time she saw him she was over weight, nothing to look at and still just as annoying.

But when Bentley finally re
A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog
As I write this I have happy tears on my cheeks. This is a great book. I love the whole clan of people and their family and friends. I can see how being in love with your best friends brother could be a risk to your relationship, but I would hope that, if I were in this position, that my bestie would be supportive. This is a very heart-warming story, which is very well written and quite addictive.
Ben had moved away from his family 10 years ago, only visiting a few times over the years with his g
Le Ann Foster
Jul 20, 2016 Le Ann Foster rated it it was amazing
☆☆Reviewed for Hooked On Books ☆ ☆

I gave this book 4.5 stars!

One of the best books I've read with going after your brother/sister best friend. This book will have you captured from the first to the last word. It takes friends with benefits to a whole new level. You get it all in this book, from lol moments to OMG I can't believe that just happen.I absolutely love Ben and Piper. From the start you can see their chemistry is off the charts and the true feelings they have.

Ben is a good guy, a tea
Melanie Moreland
May 17, 2016 Melanie Moreland rated it really liked it
Whiskey and Honey is a sweet, tender love story that wraps around you like a warm hug—a perfect read for the summer.
Bentley Sullivan returns home, looking for a fresh start in a place he feels at home. Surrounded by familiar faces and old friends, he is hoping to find himself again.
But one attractive face, no longer familiar, yet instinctively but strangely right, catches his eye, and turns his world upside down. Falling hard and fast for his hyper, easily excited sister’s best friend was not
Zeia Jameson
Jul 21, 2016 Zeia Jameson rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I've read by Andrea Johnston, but it won't be the last. Whiskey & Honey had all of the elements of a great read that I look for: page turning words, fun characters across the board and a unique story.

Whiskey & Honey follows Ben and Piper. Ben, moving home and coming out of a long term, amicably separated relationship; and Piper, struggling to find validation and purpose with the man she's currently kind-of-sort-of seeing.

When Piper finds out Ben, her childhood crus
Hooked On Books
Jul 28, 2016 Hooked On Books rated it it was amazing
I gave this book 4.5 stars!

Ben is a good guy, a teacher and just moved back home. He g
LeeAnne
Sep 22, 2016 LeeAnne rated it really liked it
This is a fun read with a very smooth and descriptive writing style, it sucks in from the very first page!

Ben and Piper grew up together, Piper being Ben’s sister’s best friend since childhood. Ben has been away for work for a few years and on the day of his return he’s immediately smitten by the gorgeous red head at the bar he’s at… this woman winds up being Piper. Piper’s always had a crush on her best friends older brother but she’s always been the dorky kid that he didn’t notice. When he fin
Christine Mills
Jul 20, 2016 Christine Mills rated it it was amazing
Wow! Bentley Sullivan is now officially my book husband! Forget boyfriend because he is too good for that. I absolutely love how Andrea Johnston writes the story of Bentley and Piper. It is so easy and flows so well that you feel as though you are a character living their lives with them. For Piper Lawrence her dream man has always been her best friends brother. You feel her struggle and emotions of wanting to act on them but also holding back to keep her best friend in her life. She is sweet, l ...more
Cassandra
Jul 21, 2016 Cassandra rated it it was amazing
I once again don't know what to say. Maybe it's because this is such a real life story and because I could easily be Piper. I'm seriously not joking, I've broken "the code," and my best friend/sister, since Kindergarten didn't like that! Her brother, who was older, lived with his father out of state, and we had never met, so it was an honest mistake! We decided not to go against her wishes though & that was that! So, this was a sort of a deja vu, but in a book with different names, which is ...more
Kathryn Linke
Jul 16, 2016 Kathryn Linke rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This was my first time reading anything by Andrea Johnston.

This is Bentley and Piper's Story. Bentley is Piper's best friends' older brother. he is also her unrequited childhood crush. After spending the majority of the past ten years away from home, Ben kisses a woman at the bar he is instantly attracted to. Ben has no idea his younger sister's awkward friend turned into such a self confident and gorgeous woman. They have an instant connection and chemistry they try to fight which le
Manda Kelley
Jul 20, 2016 Manda Kelley rated it really liked it
Manda's 4 Star Review

This is a really great story!! I love the storyline and the characters are beautifully written. The story development flows smoothly and progresses well. This is my first book by this author and I find that I really enjoy her writing style. She is able to capture your attention right away and keep it the entire story. The characters are very charismatic and even the secondary characters make you want to read more about them. I have read sibling/ best friend books in the past
Jul 19, 2016 Jennifer rated it it was amazing
As much as I loved Life Rewritten, by Andrea Johnston, I was not sure how I would feel about this new project. (I am in love with the LR characters and someday I want to read more about them!) But I read Whiskey & Honey and I loved it even more! This book is a well written love story and is a book you can truly relate to. Even if you are, like me, not typically a romance reader, you would find the charm in this book. The characters are easy to love and there are no implausible situations tha ...more
Alyssa Garcia (Garcia Sisters' Book Blog)
I was one of the few lucky ones who got to read Whiskey & Honey before it even had a name. Might I brag a bit and say that I designed the cover as well ;). Anyway, I digress, Bentley and Piper captured me from the first page. This feel good love story was such a relief in the middle of all the angsty books I've been reading and might I say that Bentley and Piper are up there with my most favorite romance couples. They will stay with me for the rest of my life.
If you haven't already go buy t
Renee at Book Happiness
Jul 20, 2016 Renee at Book Happiness rated it really liked it
I received this for an honest reveiw...

All i can do is tell you how happy I was to receive this Book and tell you how much I loved this book... I think I smiled all the way through this read!!!

I just loved this story from beginning to end!!!
jesse Weiss
Jul 07, 2016 jesse Weiss rated it it was amazing
Fantastic!!!! Bentley is a passionate man who knows what he wants. Piper I think, some women can really relate to in her self doubt. I love how their story unfolds. It was a great journey. Their story had me from chapter 1.
Andrea Johnston spent her childhood with her nose in a book and a pen to paper. An avid people watcher, her mind is full of stories that yearn to be told. A fan of angsty romance with a happy ending, super sexy erotica and a good mystery, Andrea can always be found with her Kindle nearby fully charged.

Andrea lives in Idaho with her family and two dogs. When she isn’t spending time with her partner
More about Andrea Johnston...

Country Road (3 books)
  • Tequila & Tailgates (Country Road #2)
  • Martinis & Moonlight (Country Road # 3)