Start by marking “Beating Ruby (Spotless, #2)” as Want to Read:
Beating Ruby (Spotless, #2)

Beating Ruby

(Spotless #2)

Life hasn’t been quite the same for computer engineer Island Chaptal since March, an OCD-ridden professional killer, burst into her life to clean her bedroom and take her on a global chase for a legendary diamond. Sadly, the (hit) man doesn’t just break bones; he breaks hearts, too.

Since then, Island has found solace in Alex—the perfect boyfriend—and Ruby, a software proje
Kindle Edition, 2nd Ebook edition, 322 pages
Published May 19th 2016 by Yaypub (first published January 26th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Beating Ruby, please sign up.
Camilla Monk Hi Sahayi! First, I apologize for taking so long to reply: I didn't see your question (Damn you, Goodreads!)

The reviews you see below are from people…more

The reviews you see below are from people who received ARCs of the book. If you wish to review it before its release, you can request an ARC from Netgalley, or directly from my website: http://spotless-series.com/beating-ru...

Thank you for you interest in my books, it means a lot!

Happy new year,

Camilla(less)

Stacey is Sassy
Fun Sized Festivities Foiled Again…

***This review is kind of spoilerish, especially if you haven’t read Spotless. Proceed with caution.***

He jumped out of the car, running towards Island and my heartbeat quickened. Actually…he jumped out of the car that had been chasing them through the city, seeming to be on a mission to kill them. When he reached Island my heartbeat was on a stampede already…I thought someone was going to die. Mr November would make anyone’s heartbeat speed up…in awe…in fear…i
Camilla Monk
Jul 13, 2015 rated it did not like it  ·  (Review from the author)
Recommends it for: baby octopuses
Recommended to Camilla by: Raptor Jesus
Once again, Camilla Monk bathes in the tears of her readers, and scrapes the fat from their discarded corpses to make soap. Except the readers who work out a lot and therefore can't be turned into soap. Those are ruthlessly trampled upon until their crushed bones mingle with the ashes of their burned houses.

This, people, is how you start a one star review.

Now, should one read Beating Ruby? Good question. One I believe can only be answered with a flow chart.

As you can see, there is no good, decen
Jill
Jan 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

"But it's not an ostrich on the cover. It's an emu!"

March's jaw twitched in apparent irritation. "My PA suggested we experiment with a new commercial iconography."

March, professional killer and ostrich admirer, is back. Along with Island Chaptal, computer engineer and romance novel enthusiast.

It's been six months since March left Island...for her own good, of course....and now she has a new love interest, Alex Morgan. When Island's boss is killed and blamed for stealing nearly $700M, using Ruby
Melissa (Mel’s Bookshelf)
Oh what fun! After reading (or listening to) Spotless last week I BEGGED author Camilla Monk for an ARC of Beating Ruby because I was extremely anxious to know what happens between March and Island. (Ok so I didn’t exactly BEG her, I sent her an email, and she was super nice… But I totally would have begged if I had to!)

Island is back after her adventure with March the year previously. She nursed a broken heart for a while, now she has a new boyfriend named Alex, and got a new job helping to dev
SamJ ★Needs a HEA★
RELEASE DAY 26th Jan 16

Check out this and my other reviews at My Blog, Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest

Copy received from author in exchange for an honest review

★Book Basics★

Genre : - Cont. Romance
Series : - 2nd in the series - First in the series should be read first.
Love triangle? - (view spoiler)
Cheating? - (view spoiler)
HEA? - (view spoiler)
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)

DNF at 75%

I'm upset that I didn't enjoy this one because I really liked the first in the series, but this one dragggggged for me.

Love triangle + heroine that tried too hard + a plot that took too long to go anywhere = me no happy

I'm all for a quirky heroine, but Island got a little campy in this installment. A little "hokey geek" meets "I don't realize that I'm attractive but I AM" for my tastes. I was over her.

I wish I felt the love like my other friends, but I'm out of the series at this poi
Sharon
IT girl who reads romance book and references Harry Potter. Professional killer who has OCD and has a cute obsession with ostriches.--- I'm SO SOLD on this love story.

Plot
Another mystery~~ Murder of a man who has a wife and a kid. Theft of $698,473,510.82.
Another place to travel~~ Switzerland.

This book is less crazy, scary, and confusing than the 1st book, but - yes, there are still some crazy-scary moments and some What the fuck is going on?? moments. I prefer this book actually because I thin
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

4,5 "You'll Never Look at Platypuses the Same Way Again" Stars

Picking up six months later from where book 1, Spotless, left us and delivering the same action-packed, cleverly over-the-top, thoroughly enjoyable read.
Island, the heroine, still narrates her adventures in a quirky and humorous voice and March, the hero, the cleaning-obsessed mystery man is starting to look at her with the same passion that shines in his eyes when he beholds a remote-controlled mop, so things are going famously in th
Bibi
Camilla Monk is a comedic genius who has a great knack for writing spy novels! This was ah-mazzing!
Lučka
3.5*
Not exactly a love triangle, since the h wasn't in love with the OM but he was causing "drama" and I hated him from the start. What's worst, he was constantly present till the very end. Not enough of March and Island time 😞, for my satisfaction. The book was missing the awesome humor from the #1 and I was spacing out at times as I didn't find the plot entertaining.😕
Still, the writing style is very uniqe and humorous and I loved some scenes or found them funny.
I'm hoping the next one will w
Celestine
Beating Ruby picks up six months after Camilla Monk’s debut novel, Spotless, which ended with our heroine – in her own words – “being consumed by the blazing flames of passion in the arms of a dangerous man. Thank God he had an extinguisher and didn’t let things get too far.” After inhaling copious amounts of ice cream, the abandoned Island Chaptal squares her shoulders, dives into her work as a computer programmer and finds herself an online date. Vulnerable yet peppy, that’s our Island. Oh, an ...more
Paige  Bookdragon

First book: SPOTLESS

When I found out that I was approved for an ARC for this book in exchange for an honest review, I was of course over the moon.

description

"He would sweep me off my feet, call me 'biscuit'-the nickname he had given me in Paris-and he'd fold and sort my panties by color like he had before."

You know what this book did to me?

description

That. That was me the whole time I read this book. I don't know why my friends haven't read Camilla Monk's book but I think this is the time that they should.

March an
Lakshmi C
Jun 30, 2018 rated it liked it
Island and her boss are focused on a new challenging project - Ruby.
Island is nervous about her new relationship as she longs for March. March is a dangerous version of the bad boy demon on her shoulder.

A March pros and cons list & recap of what happened last.

I'm wary about a developing triangle - I totally adore March.

Before I forget - the chapter headings and opening quotes are hilarious, stunning and out of this world

Stay away from me, you Oreo addicts!!
Joy and the new love of her life w
[Aengell]
4 stars

After being kind of blown away into fits of giggles and laughing, followed by a high emotional satisfaction, I just had to dive into the second story about Island and March. If you haven't read the first one in the series, you definitely should, although Island tries hard to let the ones who missed #1 and maybe just stumbled upon this one to catch up.

Dear Spotless lovers, don't be afraid: I wasn't able to give this one a 5 star rating, but not for the reasons you think. the author has
-ya
Dec 04, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley-arc
3.5-stars : My head says 4-stars, and my heart says 3-stars.

What’s cool?
I really like how the author explores the hacking concept, and captures the flavor of the shibui sensory experience with Chef Mesa. The combination of foreign settings, different languages, and cultures broaden the scope of the story.

Who annoys me? Alex. This guy is an as&^%*&&&ole.

What annoys me?
Alex’s presence in the pseudo triangle either as Island’s boyfriend or as a third wheel didn’t appeal to me. See,
Addicted to Books
5 laugh out loud entertaining stars! Camilla Monk outperforms again ! Now I cannot wait for the next book. Addictive series!

I loved this series so much I bought 2 copies of the second book, though I did receive an ARC and
preordered book 3

March is my new favorite hero.

March

Where do I start ?

March and Island are are brought back together again for some wacky adventures and
hilarious dialogues and some smexy action.

ARC received from the author in exchange for a honest review!
Ivy Deluca
description
The Setup : When we meet up with our heroine Island Chaptal, a bit of time has passed since the adventures of the first book, Spotless. She’s trying to move on with her life, with her job working in IT and a new perfectly safe boyfriend Alex. She hasn’t seen March since he left her, for her own good, of course, but he is forever in the back of her mind. As it should be.

When her co-worker has been found dead (possibly “helped” into taking a leap off their office building), Island knows that thi
Lillian ☁ Cloud 9 Books ☁
***** 5 Platypus Stars *****

Camilla Monk did it again!

description

THIS WAS MADNESS! I highly recommend reading the first book. If you don't, you won't fully understand the odd relationship between Island and March. March may seem a bit intolerable, but I can't get enough of him. I love his addiction to mints and his obsession to clean. This sexy James Bond can get away with anything in my book.

The craziness doesn't stop in Beating Ruby. From car races directed by M&M's to poetic sushi chefs, you won't
Mei
Feb 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary
Same as the first! :)
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
My new favorite author. Why is Camilla Monk not a household name? I very rarely LOVE romantic comedies but this one is a favorite. 'Beating Ruby' is smart, sexy and witty. And once again the narrator Amy McFadden does a FABULOUS job with the wide array of accents. March and Island are unforgettable. And this installment features a second Alpha male, Alex! I rarely have time to binge-read a series, but I am going to read the third book as soon as I can. Highly recommend.
Beatrix
I didn’t write a proper review for book #1 of this series – Spotless – but I want to write one for this one. Did I like this one more than book #1? I don’t know. Maybe? I do know I’m totally hooked on this series!

March. March! Why you so hot & emotionally unavailable? Agh! But he is quite a hero. Totally badass in a fight, but also restrained and self-controlled. Alex, on the other hand. Don’t get me started on him, he made me mad. But I loved the rivalry between the two of them.

Alex’s post
Hilda
Jul 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone!
This is me with this series! Shut up and take my money!

ARC received via author. Yup, I'm that lucky!

Joe Jonas + dangerous love triangle + car chases = Action Packed Sequel

I laughed my butt off. This has easily turned into one of my favorite series. I can't wait for another. Seriously Camilla Monk, get on that!! I need more of Island and March!

All of the action and investigating work that I loved in the first book is still one of my favorite things. I can't wait to see what the future holds for
Jacqueline J
Nov 26, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I want to thank the author for providing an ARC of this book. I enjoyed it, perhaps not as much as the first book, but it was certainly a fun read. The story shines where Island and March are interacting. Every scene with the two of them is a winner.. And that brings me to the major disappointment I felt with the book. There weren't nearly enough scenes with Island and March together. A lot of the story was taken up with Alex who showed oddly creepy feet of clay halfway through the book. So kudo ...more
Fathima
Sep 14, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-for-review
The gang is back ... ! And by gang I mean Island and March coupled up with some new characters . If you thought the first book was crazy , well you'll just have to read this book to see how crazier it can get . Camilla Monk knows her humor and she doesn't hold back on the shenanigans that ensues when Island , March and Alex ( Island's boyfriend , yes , boyfriend ) decide to take a trip to solve a murder mystery that is being made to look like a suicide . Not big on the romance front ( yet again ...more
Melissa
Mar 16, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is such a delightful series! I feel like it would be a super fun television series. Normally I worry that I miss out on a little bit when I listen to an audio book rather than reading it straight from my kindle. I worry that I am having to trust a narrator's interpretation of characters and mood without being able to form my own opinions. But in the case of these books I feel like Amy McFadden hits the jackpot in her narration. I can't imagine that anything I could imagine in my head could ...more
*The Angry Reader*
May 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The ups. The downs. The wondering (just where the hell is March?) And all the scrunchy-faces I made reading about Alex (it’s a good thing your face really doesn’t get stuck that way). In case it wasn’t obvious in the last book - I am digging on this series.

It takes a hell of an author to make torture, the CIA, psychotic controlling boyfriends, and murder funny. Monk nails it. So when i find someone who blends stuffed bras, the Iliad, murderous platypuses, a squishy turkey sausage and a plug-in
Ons
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
..And the adventure continues!
killer action scenes: check.
March: check.
Dead bodies: check.
Romance(though light): check.
Evil plots: also check.
This book is akin to a cookie. You inhale it before your brain makes a conscious remark that you did.
I love this series. It's fast paced. It's funny and hella entertaining. I'll be coming back for more for sure.
MiaS
Feb 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hollyyy Sheetttt! These books are incredible!! March and Island are adorbsicle!!! I love them!!! I’m clapping like a seal each time something cute happens between them!! Mannn, I wish I was there to meet them like real people!! ❤❤❤❤😂😂😂 ...more
Penni
May 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Dobby is Freeeee!!!!
  • Texas Blue (Whispering Mountain, #5)
  • The Outlaw and the Lady (Daughters of Fortune, #1)
  • Winter Woman
  • Risk the Night
  • A Breath of Scandal (The Reckless Brides, #2)
  • Without Words
  • In Total Surrender (Secrets, #3)
  • River of Eden
  • A Lady's Code of Misconduct (Rules for the Reckless, #5)
  • A Season to Be Sinful (Grantham, #1)
  • Forest Fires
  • Untie My Heart
  • Taming the Rake (The Rake, #1)
  • A Time of Dying (Araneae Nation, #3)
  • Song For Sophia (Rougemont, #1)
  • The Prince (Devil's Duke, #4)
  • For the One (Gaming The System, #5)
  • Locked (Locked, #1)
Camilla Monk is a French native who grew up in a Franco-American family. After finishing her studies, she taught English and French in Tokyo before returning to France to work in advertising. She spent ten years building rickety websites for M&A boutiques and hedge funds, and is now a full-time writer living in Montreal, where she keeps a close watch on the squirrels and complains on a daily b ...more

Spotless (5 books)
  • Spotless (Spotless, #1)
  • Crystal Whisperer (Spotless, #3)
  • Butterfly in Amber (Spotless, #4)
  • Island Chaptal and the Ancient Aliens' Treasure (Spotless, #5)
“I’ve been . . . I just finished reading that book you told me about, Accidentally Married to the Billionaire Sheikh.”
My mouth fell open in shock. “You have? So, um, did you like it?”
“It’s a little predictable, and very explicit, in an oddly lyrical way. I can only imagine how disappointed female readers must be when facing the reality of—” He cleared his throat. “Well, in any case, I’m not certain Hedwardh is a good match for Swanella. And by the way, the refractory period doesn’t work like that.”
6 likes
“(Regarding the Roosevelt Tram along Queensboro Bridge):

"They had it renovated by the French. French cars. French cables. Cables that surrender! Would you ride in a tram that surrenders? I sure as hell wouldn't!”
4 likes