Start by marking “Holding on Tighter (Wicked Lovers #12)” as Want to Read:
Holding on Tighter (Wicked Lovers #12)

Holding on Tighter

(Wicked Lovers #12)

Jolie Quinn is a woman in charge. Her no-nonsense attitude has made her a rising star in the fashion world and her brand a household name among the Dallas elite. Nothing will stop her from achieving her goals—not even the gorgeous British security contractor who seems just as interested in seeing her personal assets as he is in protecting her professional ones.

After a trag
Published February 7th 2017 by Berkley Books

To ask other readers questions about Holding on Tighter, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
Cassandra Devoted to Pleasure is Cutter's story

Start your review of Holding on Tighter (Wicked Lovers #12)
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4 STARS
Consider this fair warning: I’m coming after you and I intend to have you underneath me. I won’t rest until I do. So shore up your defenses and work yourself up tightly. That way when I seduce you, it will be even sweeter.”

*happy pervy shudder*

*sigh*

It's hard to believe that this is now the twelfth book in this series. Seems like it was just yesterday first discovered and binged myself on this deliciously sexy series. I've been a huge fan, eagerly anticipating each installment
Eve (Between The Bookends)

2.5 Stars

When I got approved for this book I was SO excited. First Berkley NEVER approves me for ANYTHING...and probably never will again now...sigh. (I seriously think someone in their promo department made a mistake) and second I LOVE Miz Black and this series. Unfortunately, my joy was short-lived...

description

This book was rough right from the beginning. I don't mind OW sex scenes, but I do mind when a heroine sees the hero with the OW and knows they have JUST had sex. And when did Miz Black start wit
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
4.5 hot stars

"I don't think anyone has ever properly worshipped your body.I intend to change that."

I don't know where to start,maybe I should first say how much I loved it!From the moment I start reading it,I couldn't put it down!I loved everything about Holding on Tighter!It was scorching hot,passionate,intense,erotic and full of intrigue!!

description

Heath has everything I wanted to my hero!!He was mysterious,hot,sexy and bossy.I loved the connection he has with Jolie!They were intense and passionate!

"Yo
Geri Reads
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
The moment I read the blurb for this book, I knew I was going to like this book. It has:

Holding on Tighter is the twelfth book in Black’s Wicked Lovers series. Jolie Quinn is a rising fashion designer who is at the brink of unparalleled success with company Betti. After a rash of burglaries threatened her business, she enlists the help of security expert Heath Powell.

Heath is former MI5 who has no plan on sticking around after the job is done. He doesn’t want or need the encumbrance of a relatio
Shayna
A truly breath catching and heart racing romance! A romantic suspense that will catch your blood on fire! One of my FAVORITE Wicked Lovers novels to date!

"In that moment, it wasn't enough. He wanted her soul. No, that wasn't all. He fucking wanted her heart. Her devotion. Her tomorrows."

No THAT, I can get on board with! If you are familiar with the WICKED LOVERS series by Shayla Black, then you know her alphas are EVERYTHING, and Heath? Well, let's just say he is EVERYTHING and MORE! He is j
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Publisher and NetGalley***

For me, a 5 star read is one you are still thinking about the next day. It's one that you can't put down, or if you do it is only because you have fallen asleep. It's one where you feel you have gotten to know the characters in the book, and have come to care about them.

I want to know what happens after the epilogue for Jolie and Heath. I loved their chemistry and their attraction to one another was amazing. I loved that she went after what she wa
Krissys
Aug 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: featured-books, star
I think this installment of the WL books is starting to sound like many other Erotic Romances who are this far into a series as far as how far can the author take it as far as the hero is concerned when it comes to being a shameless man whore who is completely broken and uses sex as an outlet and the heroine who is drawn to him but is constantly stuck in the position where the plug is always chasing the light socket and she just happens to be attacked to the other end so she's dragged along for ...more
Jessica Morales-Lafaille
I'm so excited to start this one. I'm really crossing my fingers hoping it's going to be really really good.

This series is a bit repetitive now. The female is in danger. She then gets a strong alpha man to protect her and they fall in love. Judging the book alone it was good. I did like how Jolie was a strong indepedent woman. The suspense was really good I never did see it coming whom was trying to kill Jolie and who was the admirer. Eventhough I'm getting a bit tired of the series I still want
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup. (live 6/22)
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2fxq6vi

So. Holding on Tighter. It started rough. And it ended rough. But the middle bits were good! lol I read this one back in February then promptly forgot to review it other than that. Erms. Blogger fail, moment! Ha!

So. Basically our heroine runs a fashion company and some weird happenings land her needing our hunky brit hero for a security once over. And, well, naughty shenanigans ensue. Naughty shenanigans with a Br
Bookgasms Book Blog
I was super excited to read the last book in Shayla Black's Wicked Lovers series as her books are sexy, emotional and heavy on the d/s. I did enjoy this latest installment with Heath and Jolie but felt that the novel was slightly all over the place in terms of plot and character development and heavy on the insta-love, which seemed out of place and contradictory at times.

I deeply enjoyed Jolie's strength, passion and dedication to her employees, family and her career but felt that she was border
Lissy Liz
May 16, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5stars
Bambi Unbridled
description

The Wicked Lovers series is one that I really enjoyed when I started reading it many years ago, but somewhere I fell behind and have yet to get caught up. Luckily, Holding on Tighter was easily readable as a semi-standalone. There is character crossover from previous books in the series, but it wasn't so overwhelming that I felt completely lost.

I started off on a really good note with the heroine of this story. Jolie Quinn is an extremely driven, ambitious, independent, and hardworking woman. As
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews
Shadow's review:

This was a five-star read all the way, with a dominant, overprotective male, a smart, feisty heroine, a complex plot that featured mystery, romance, and adventure.

Heath is still recovering from the death of his wife and submissive when Jolie hires him to upgrade the security at her business. He is known for never repeating a night with a woman-but with Jolie, one night isn't nearly enough.

For her part, Jolie has her own reasons for steering clear of a relationship: Daddy abandonm
 Reading In Pajamas
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
✦Spotlight, Review & Giveaway: HOLDING ON TIGHTER (A Wicked Lovers Novel) by Shayla Black http://bit.ly/2l15XyG
Publication Date: February 7, 2017
Genre: Erotica/ Contemporary Romance
Reviewed by: Reading in Pajamas/ Cori
Rated: 4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed this hot new release in Shayla Black’s Wicked Lovers Series. HOLDING ON TIGHTER is the twelfth book in the series and while some of the characters show up throughout the series, each book is a standalone that features different main characters. I al
Take Me Away To A Great Read
Feb 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holding on Tight by Shayla Black
(Wicked Lovers #12)
Published by Berkley
Release Date: February 7, 2017
Rating: 5 Stars

I would like to thank the publisher for providing me with an advance copy of Holding on Tighter for an honest review.

This book was everything I love about a Shayla book, strong characters, suspense, and HOT HOT HOT!!! I love how Jolie is independent and strong but she also has hidden vulnerabilities. Heath is distant, confident but also in pain from a previous loss and he is scared
April Symes
This is part of the Wicked Lovers series and with each and every book in this series, Ms. Black writes a story that keeps and peaks my interest and makes me crave more. The plots , the action and the passion is just as intense and fresh as if it were book 1.
Holding On Tighter is book 12 in the series and the main characters in this book are Jolie Quinn & Heath Powell . Heath is one sexy and powerful British alpha male who has this past that he is trying to run from. He is ex MI5 and has now bee
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

Holding On Tighter will have you holding on tight to this incredibly addictive story! I WANT this on paperback because Heath blew me out of the freaking water, with his sexy domination and his incredible accent and just the confidant way he does everything! Jolie is one hell of a great reason too for loving this story. Her take charge attitude in the office and the way she speaks her mind and how she has this attitude that makes you think she is badass is just t
Rhonda
Dec 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book has action, drama, intrigue.... and romance sprinkled with some really hot sex. Heath wants no part of settling down again. He did it once and lost big time. Jolie is a smart and savy business woman who knows what she wants. She thinks she doesn't need a man so when Heath is hired as her security expert, she's determined to keep him away from her. When her shop is broken into, that changes. Heath becomes her bodyguard and things heat up between them fast!

This book was wonderful and you
Tracie R
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars What a fabulous addition to the Wicked Lovers series. Holding on Tighter is a great story, Jolie and Heath are amazing characters and although this series has come to an end it started amazingly and has finished the same way. Well Done Shayla Black I look forward to seeing where you take us next.
Sandy S
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

ABOUT THE BOOK: Release Date February 7, 2017

After a tragedy left him broken, Heath Powell made a rule of staying unattached. But
Happily Mary After
Shayla Black can be relied upon to deliver a hot read, and she doesn’t disappoint with Holding on Tighter . It is the twelfth (12!) book in her Wicked Lovers series, and you might have met Health Powell in a prior book if you’ve read the series. He is a British ex-MI5 who is now working security in the United States and is hired to protect Jolie Quinn.

Jolie is a successful and sassy fashion designer who isn’t afraid to say what she wants and what she needs, especially with her business. She d
Margie
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It was with great sadness that I read author Shayla Black's announcement that this story, Holding On Tighter, will be the last installment in her Wicked Lovers series. Thus my motivation to savor this awesome story. I fell in love with the Wicked Lovers series a number of years ago and have since eagerly awaited each successive story. As a matter of fact Jack Cole from book #1 in the series, Wicked Ties, continues to be one of my favorite book boyfriends. So from the beginning Shayla Black has p ...more
Laura Beth
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: braincandy, 2017-read
As always a wonderful book with great characters who find love. I liked that these two weren't looking for love but were both running from it. (view spoiler) ...more
Amanda Kramer
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Knowing that a well loved series is coming to an end, can leave you with an empty hole in your stomach. Holding On Tighter is an exceptional end to the Wicked Lovers series, filled with deceit, action, twists and turns, and a romance that most could only ever hope to achieve. Shayla Black's books are those that I will automatically one click, this is no exception. Don't miss out on getting to know Heath and Jolie, and experience their once in a lifetime romance.
Desirae (Dee)
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
*arc provided by the publisher for an honest review*

Wow. Shayla really brought the heat with this book. And I don't mean just between Heath and Jolie. I mean the heat, the drama, the danger, the psycho. It was like around every turn there was a murder attempt, a hidden note and gift that hinted at danger lurking right around the corner, right in front of their faces. And when the chips fell, when the psycho was unveiled, I couldn't believe who it was. I couldn't believe the person Shayla made th
Julie (Jewlsbookblog)
Heath is so dang yummy...Alpha, sexy, talented hands and mouth..okay enough of that, lol! I love anything British so he already had my attention with his language skills..and his demeanor? I love a guy who is confident and self assured yet also willing to go balls to the walls for a woman he loves. It takes Heath awhile to figure out he's in love, even though his every action tells you Jolie is different from the nameless faces he's been banging since his first wife's death.

In the beginning I r
Heather Book Savvy Babe
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With fresh characters, a simmering love connection, and an intriguing suspense plot, Shayla Black delivers another excellent installment in the fabulous Wicked Lovers series. Holding on Tighter is book 12 of the series, but it is one of my favorites of the series so far.

Heath is the main protagonist of Holding on Tighter. Heath was introduced a few books ago, he was Mystery's bodyguard. Heath is an interesting character, he is a little bit older and he has a full past. His previous marriage ende
Kristi Metcalf
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader’s Copy of this book

This is the 12th book in the series and it shows no signs of stopping or even slowing down.
I love that this is a series that you don't have to have read the books that come before. When past characters do pop in they are only in for a few scenes and it doesn't take away from the main couple. That being said let's talk about Jolie and Heath!
Heath Powell is a ex MI5 agent and bodyguard now he is a security contractor that has been hired
FMR Book Grind
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
KIM'S REVIEW
4 STARS

Shayla Black and her Wicked Lover's series has been a favorite for a very long time. When I started looking for something a bit racier, a bit more naughty to read, I found the Wicked Lover's. This series just keeps getting better.
Jolie was a bit hard for me in the beginning. Don't get me wrong, I love a strong heroine. It was just that Jolie was so strong she gave the impression of being cold hearted.
Until I got to know her a little. Until the danger haunting her in the shado
Romance Between The Sheets
Holding on Tighter brings the Wicked Lover's series to an end in a spectacular way. Shayla Black has a way of writing that makes you fall in love with each of her characters. Jolie and Heath are no different.

I fell for Heath the minute I opened the book. He had a wife that he loved and was the victim of a senseless act of violence. Heath is really only going through the motions of life until he starts a job protecting Jolie. He starts to understand that he has more love that he has to give.

Jolie
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Lets chat 1 1 Jun 22, 2017 04:14PM
Goodreads Librari...: Cover photo for the Kindle version of Holding on Tighter by Shayla Black 3 128 Aug 17, 2016 12:00PM

• Strip Search (Sexy Capers, #2)
  • Satisfaction (Lawless, #2)
  • Bound and Determined (Sexy Capers, #1)
  • Four Play
  • Ruthless (Lawless, #1)
  • Bonds of Desire (Wicked Play, #3)
  • Revenge (Lawless, #3)
  • Watch Me
  • Bonds of Need (Wicked Play, #2)
  • Bonds of Trust (Wicked Play, #1)
  • No Love Lost (Masters and Mercenaries: The Forgotten, #5)
  • Romancing the Billionaire (Billionaire Boys Club, #5)
  • Arranged (Masters and Mercenaries, #13.5)
  • Ignited (Most Wanted, #3)
  • Bonds of Hope (Wicked Play, #4)
  • Riding on Instinct (Wild Riders, #3)
  • Butterfly Bayou (Butterfly Bayou, #1)
  • A View to a Thrill (Masters and Mercenaries, #7)
Shayla Black is the New York Times and USA Today bestselling author of nearly eighty novels. For twenty years, she’s written contemporary, erotic, paranormal, and historical romances via traditional, independent, foreign, and audio publishers. Her books have sold millions of copies and been published in a dozen languages.

Raised an only child, Shayla occupied herself with lots of daydreaming, much

Wicked Lovers (1 - 10 of 12 books)
  • Wicked Ties (Wicked Lovers, #1)
  • Decadent (Wicked Lovers, #2)
  • Delicious (Wicked Lovers, #3)
  • Surrender to Me (Wicked Lovers, #4)
  • Belong to Me (Wicked Lovers #5)
  • Mine to Hold (Wicked Lovers, #6)
  • Ours to Love (Wicked Lovers, #7)
  • Theirs to Cherish (Wicked Lovers, #8)
  • His to Take (Wicked Lovers, #9)
  • Wicked for You (Wicked Lovers, #10)