Start by marking “Hey, That's My Monster!” as Want to Read:
Hey, That's My Monster!

Hey, That's My Monster!

When Ethan looks under the bed for his monster, he finds this note instead: "So long, kid. Gotta go. Someone needs me more than you do. -Gabe" How will Ethan ever get to sleep without his monster's familiar, comforting snorts? And who could need Gabe more than Ethan does?Gabe must have gone to Ethan's little sister's room! She has been climbing out of bed every night to pl ...more
Published September 1st 2016 by Flashlight Press

To ask other readers questions about Hey, That's My Monster!, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hey, That's My Monster!

The Library Lady
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
Funny. Not a book to help kids scared of the monster under the bed, and NOT intended to be. On the other hand, kids who no longer fear such things may check under their own beds, hoping their own monster is under there.
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens
Humorous read. I was reading this out-loud to my six year old, and before I knew it all four of my children, ages 2-11, were squished together on my couch, wanting to see the pictures and hear the rest of the story. Cute twist on why there are monsters under a child's bed. An entertaining read!
Gabriel Wallis
Apr 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Once again, I've enjoyed reading another Amanda Noll book, Hey, That's MY Monster!. Loved the art, loved the story. It's simple, creative, and eye-catching. Definitely looking forward to reading more of her books in the future.
Heidi
Hey, That's My Monster makes a great read-a-loud. With plenty of opportunities to use different voices, and different tones and loudness and softness, this book leads readers on a Monsters, Inc. type story. Ethan is devastated when he learns his monster has left him to help his younger sister. In a desperate attempt to get his monster back, Ethan tries to find another monster for his sister. But none of the monsters that come to visit are quite right, Emma wants to play with them rather than let ...more
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
Sep 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
Ethan's little sister keeps getting out of bed to play, so Ethan's monster feels compelled to scare her into getting to sleep.

It's another scary monster book from the team that gave us I Need My Monster. The ending is a bit pat but the clever monster illustrations are wonderful with the perfect child level of creepy.
Valerie
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I won this book as a Goodreads giveway. My children loved it! The illustrations are wonderful. The story is excellent! We can not wait to read more by this author! I definitely recommend this book to others with children. My children continue to read it again and again.
Joni-Lee Smith
Oct 27, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was the very cute book And I enjoyed it very much

Mary
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
More than two years ago, a beloved babysitter gave us I Need My Monster by Amanda Noll for Christmas. And oh my goodness, this book became a fast favorite! Fast forward two years, when my grandmother wanted to know what to get our 3-year-old for Christmas and I had just realized there's a sequel... Now Hey, That's My Monster! is also on repeat in our house! Yes, these books are older (published in 2009 and 2016), but they were completely new books to me, so hopefully you'll discover a new favori ...more
Cindy Mitchell *Kiss the Book*
Noll, Amanda Hey, That’s My Monster! Illustrated by Howard McWilliam. PICTURE BOOK. Flashlight Press, 2016. $17.95.

One night when Ethan checks under his bed for his monster, he is surprised to find a note stating: “So long, kid. Gotta go. Someone needs me more than you do. –Gabe.” What? Gabe was MY monster! Nobody needed him more than me! Ethan quickly realized that his little sister Emma NEEDED a monster to keep her in bed because she liked to climb out of her bed, roam the house, and play noi
Abigail Trithart
Olivia
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Summary:The main character of this book, Emma, has a monster under her bed named Gabe, who says that it is time for him to leave her because he needs to go scare her little sister, who will not go to bed. However, she is not happy with this because she wants Gabe to be back with her in her room. She summons other monsters but none of them scare her little sister, not even Gabe does, until his little sister comes. She has the hiccups, and this scares her little sister so much that she hopes into bed, with G

Maggie Branam
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 31-40
Summary:
Ethan has a monster, Gabe, that keeps him in bed at night, but one night he finds him missing with a note saying another kid needed him more! Ethan knew right away he went to his little sisters room! He begged Gabe to come back to his room, and Gabe offered him 3 chances to get Emma to bed before Gabe made his decision. Ethan got Emma to summon 3 different monsters, but each one Emma found fun and not at all scary. Gabe came back only to have something delivered by his sister, and Emma being te
Samantha
Sep 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Summary:
Every night before Ethan goes to bed, he checks under his bed for his monster. If his monster is not there, he cannot sleep. One night when he checks underneath his bed, his monster isn’t there. Instead there is a note saying that his monster, Gabe, has to go. Ethan quickly discovers that his sister, Emma, has Gabe! Through trial and error, they find the right monster for Emma. Will Ethan get to keep Gabe or have to sacrifice him for Emma?
Activity:
Begin reading the stor
Ashton Castle
Have you ever wondered what gets little ones to sleep when they are fighting it? Well, the mystery is solved in Hey, that's MY Monster!. One night, Ethan notices that his monster Gabe has moved on into Emma's room because she is rowdy and never goes to sleep on time. Ethan is distraught when Gabe tells him that if Ethan can't find another monster to get Emma to sleep then Gabe will move on into Emma's room forever! So, Ethan takes to finding a monster for Emma so Gabe can come back to his room. ...more
April
Apr 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: classroom-reads
I let my 5th grade group pick a second book to read on Epic yesterday, and they chose this one. They chose well. It's a sweet book about siblings and sharing. It's a sweet and amusing story, but also provides a good object lesson about sharing with siblings and friends. The illustrations are wonderful. The monsters are particularly well done.

Ethan and Gabe have been together for a long time. Gabe is Ethan's monster, but one day, Ethan looks for him under his bed, but can't find him. He looks in
Toi Thomas
In this story, we have a little boy who's ready to go to bed but he realizes his monster isn't under his bed and he can't sleep without him. Luckily, the monster has left the boy a note telling him he had to leave because another kid needs me more. The little boy soon realizes it's his sister.

The little boy then tries to get his sister to sleep so his monster will come back to him, with no success. In fact, other monsters begin to show up, all trying and failing to get this little girl to sleep
Juliana Lee
When the kid's monster leaves him note under his bed, saying that he needed to go where someone needed him more, the kid was horrified! No one needed his monster, Gabe, more than he did! Soon, he knew just where Gabe had gone, little sister Emma needs a monster to keep her in bed at night... but NOT his monster! Gabe gave him three chances to get Emma to stay in bed, or else he was going to move into Emma's room leaving him all alone at night. Gabe had to stay with Emma, until a perfect monster ...more
Samantha Preeo
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: el-230
I chose to put this book on my shelf because it shows kids that monsters under the bed are nothing to fear but how important it is to go to bed on time! As a matter of fact, Ethan wants his monster to stay instead of his monster going to help his sister sleep. This book is very funny and has a very diverse set of monster candidates that could potentially become Ethan's little sisters monster! It will definitely make you laugh throughout as well as have sympathy for Ethan.
Stevie Cupp
Sep 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens-books
I really enjoyed this book. It is a simple read that makes it a fun read aloud for children. Also, the book has some amazing illustrations that are eye catching. In a classroom setting this would make for a fun craft project, read the book and then the children could create their own monsters to share with the class.
Bethany
Mar 22, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantastical
This book is about a little boy who tries to get his little sister to sleep in her bed so that he can keep the monster under his bed. I love the illustrations but I'm not sure the effect this may have on young children. They could either get scared and believe that monitors do exist or understand that monsters, if they were real, aren't scary after all.
Donna Mork
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The boy's monster, Gabe, leaves to scare the boy's sister, Emma. The boy begs to be given a chance to get his sister to sleep so Gabe will come back to his bed. Three tries didn't work. Then the sister met Gabe and she wasn't afraid of him either. Gabe's little sister shows up with the hiccups, and it scares Emma into bed. Now everyone has their own monster and all are happy.
Madeline Clements
Sep 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: edtp-245
This book has a different spin on monsters being under the bed. In this story the child actually wants his monster back. This would be a great book to read to a scared child at night. It shows there is nothing to be afraid of.
James Weske
Nov 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-i-own
My son LOVES this book and the original I Need My Monster. As an adult, I enjoy reading them too! The story is cute and funny and the illustrations are superb! Surprised there isn't a movie/tv show of this book. The illustrations are THAT good.
Breea Holdcroft
I gave this book three stars because it was kind of boring to read as a grown up. I could predict the book before reading all of it for the most part. I think younger children would enjoy this a lot more, the text itself was very kid friendly.
Crosby Maierle
Oct 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
this is such a good book! The pictures are so great. There were so many descriptive words in this book which would be great for the students. It's not a scary book about monster rather how monsters are not scary.
The perfect read aloud: lots of great characters to do funny voices, beautiful, engaging artwork, and a humorous story line. This won't cure kids from being scared of the monsters under their beds, but it may make them laugh about it. Perfect for preschool story time.
Two BookWorms Blog
This is one of those charmingly twisted little stories that both parent and child will want to share again and again.

For the full review: https://twobookwormsblog.wordpress.co...
Michelle
Great illustration! But the story....monster under your bed scares you to stay in bed so you'll sleep.....hmmmm.... not sure....I guess a good message for this is "go to bed on time so you won't have to have a monster under your bed monitoring you?"
Jessica
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Cute continuation/sequel to I Need My Monster! His monster, Gabe, has to go to his sisters room because she won't go to bed. The main character, Ethan, does not want to share his monster. He says that he'll take care of it. It is a cute review of some of the previous monsters.
Kimberly Sabatini
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-book
Adorable and completely different than any under-the-bed monster story I've ever read. Loved it!
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Clara and Davie
  • Everybody Sleeps (But Not Fred)
  • Monster Needs a Party
  • A Letter to My Teacher
  • Claymates
  • The Baby Swap
  • The Golden Mare, the Firebird, and the Magic Ring
  • Quit Calling Me a Monster!
  • Miguel's Brave Knight: Young Cervantes and His Dream of Don Quixote
  • Mostly Monsterly
  • Anything But Ordinary Addie: The True Story of Adelaide Herrmann, Queen of Magic
  • Sad, the Dog
  • The Boy Who Fell Off the Mayflower, or John Howland's Good Fortune
  • The Monstore
  • A Voyage in the Clouds: The (Mostly) True Story of the First International Flight by Balloon in 1785
  • Starring Me and You