Start by marking “Enjoy Sex: (How, when and if you want to): A Practical and Inclusive Guide” as Want to Read:
Enjoy Sex: (How, when and if you want to): A Practical and Inclusive Guide

Enjoy Sex: (How, when and if you want to): A Practical and Inclusive Guide

Plenty of books on sex suggest that it has to be done in a certain way, or in a certain kind of relationship, or with certain people. This isnt that kind of book.

Enjoy Sex is a truly practical, friendly guide through the confusing, and sometimes alarming, world of sex and sexuality. Its radical approach puts your experience at the heart of the book, and invites you to
Published March 14th 2017 by Icon Books (first published January 5th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Enjoy Sex, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Enjoy Sex

Start your review of Enjoy Sex: (How, when and if you want to): A Practical and Inclusive Guide
bklyn mike art
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
a very inclusive, non judgemental book that asks, through stories and questions: what kind of sexual activities would you want to have, putting aside norms and pressures. highly recommend.
Rachel
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A book that is both warmly and kindly written. I think the most important part of the book is the last chapter about consent, particularly given current events. MJ and Justin ask us to consider how our relationships to sex impact our actions elsewhere and vice versa. I'd give this to any young person especially, but everyone could use a read.

I'd also recommend the authors' podcast, the Meg-John and Justin Show. It dives more deeply into the ideas discussed in the book, though the podcast will
Alex Noya
Aug 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This little book about sex is very different from the other guides I have in my collection. In my opinion, this should be the sexual education all young people get in school. The authors help you to understand the importance of gettting to know your representations and attitudes towards sex, body, orgasm, climax, relationships and particularly consent. These attitudes can have an enourmous impact on how you enjoy your body, sex and intimate relationships. I have appreciated that the authors ...more
Tatjana
Apr 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Very inclusive discussion that avoids judgement and teaches a very open approach, an open way of thinking and a language that allows discussion. No groundbraking insights for me but still nice to read.
Innastholiel
Jan 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
This is a very wonderful and very inclusive book ((view spoiler)), but depending on your history and attitude, it might be a very painful read, because it contains a lot of exercises that demand a fair amount of honesty.
Ian Newey
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked this very much. I recommend it to survivors of sexual trauma ( or invalidation) and their consenting partners.
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
There were some great ideas in this. I wish it had been fleshed out more and went deeper. Still plenty of think about and I really like how it challenges you to define what sex is to you.
Antti Koskinen
Jan 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Pitäisi olla perusteos kaikille, jotka ovat kiinnostuneet seksistä oikeastaan ihan missä muodossa vaan.
Adam Kemper

• The Psychology of Sex
  • The Gay BCs of LGBT+: An Accompaniment to the ABCs of LGBT+
  • In the Land of Men
  • The Miracle of Mindfulness: An Introduction to the Practice of Meditation
  • Queer Sex: A Trans and Non-Binary Guide to Intimacy, Pleasure and Relationships
  • Believe Me: How Trusting Women Can Change the World
  • Gender: Your Guide: A Gender-Friendly Primer on What to Know, What to Say, and What to Do in the New Gender Culture
  • Technically Wrong: Sexist Apps, Biased Algorithms, and Other Threats of Toxic Tech
  • The Little Book of Letting Go: A Revolutionary 30-Day Program to Cleanse Your Mind, Lift Your Spirit and Replenish Your Soul
  • The Five Love Languages: Men's Edition: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate
  • Insecure in Love: How Anxious Attachment Can Make You Feel Jealous, Needy, and Worried and What You Can Do About It
  • Goodbye, Sweet Girl: A Story of Domestic Violence and Survival
  • Mindful Compassion: How the Science of Compassion Can Help You Understand Your Emotions, Live in the Present, and Connect Deeply with Others
  • Our Stop
  • Buddhism: A Complete Introduction
  • Learning from the Voices in My Head
  • Sexual Citizens: A Landmark Study of Sex, Power, and Assault on Campus
  • Sorry I'm Late, I Didn't Want to Come: An Introvert's Year of Living Dangerously
Dr. Meg-John Barker is a writer, therapist, and activist-academic specialising in sex, gender and relationships. Their popular books include the (anti-)self-help relationship book Rewriting the Rules, The Secrets of Enduring Love (with Jacqui Gabb), Queer: A Graphic History (with Julia Scheele), and Enjoy Sex, How, When and If You Want To (with Justin Hancock). Meg-John is a senior lecturer in ...more