Start by marking “Marvel Tsum Tsum: Takeover!” as Want to Read:
Marvel Tsum Tsum: Takeover!

Marvel Tsum Tsum: Takeover!

(Marvel Tsum Tsum #1-4)

Marvel super heroes plus a world-conquering toy craze equals the ultimate collector's item classic! In case you've been living under a rock, Tsum Tsums are huge! Well, not literally (they're actually pretty tiny), but these seemingly cute and cuddly creatures are sweeping the globe! So what happens when these pint-sized piles of fur find their way into the Marvel Universe? ...more
Published February 7th 2017 by Marvel (first published January 25th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Marvel Tsum Tsum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Marvel Tsum Tsum

Start your review of Marvel Tsum Tsum: Takeover!
Paul E. Morph
Jun 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Y'know, for a book that was essentially a four-issue advertisement for toys, this wasn't bad at all. The artwork was great, the kids who served as the main protagonists were adorable and the story itself was a lot of fun.

The Marvel characters who made guest appearances were all pretty much in character. Ultron seemed extremely under-powered, but other than that...

Marvel clearly put a lot of effort into this one... Moreso than some of their other books, to be honest...
Sesana
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: comics
Look, I knew that I wasn't the target audience for this, not even remotely, but I also didn't expect that it would be such a joyless chore for an adult reader. Would my niece like it? Yeah, I think so. She adores tsum tsums. But I doubt she'd ever want to read it again.
Murphy
Jan 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It's pretty clear this comic exists primarily as advertising for the Marvel Tsum Tsum products and game, but I couldn't care less because it's adorable.

The main characters the plot revolves around are in middle school and with as silly as the comic is, it may be a good introduction for young readers to learn who some of the more popular Marvel heroes and villians are in a story involving children near their own age.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go buy myself a Hulk Tsum Tsum immediately.
Gustavo.M
May 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Rod Brown
Jun 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
I was hoping for something deliriously bad or incredibly cheesy, but instead Marvel has produced yet another competent if undistinguished toy tie-in like all the other ones it has been producing since I was a kid.
Nathaniel
Oct 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
Someone one day will have to explain to me what this is about, but I should have been on hallucinogenics when I read it.
Blythe Penland
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was a super cute and hilarious mini-series. I love Tsum Tsums and the Marvel Universe, so of course this was a fun read. I loved the premise for this, too. A shipment of the coolest beings in the universe doesn't make its way to its destination, the Collector, because of the Guardians of the Galaxy guarding the galaxy. It's off to a great start. And like every cool thing from somewhere far into the universe, it makes its way to Earth. Into the hands of superhero fanatic preteens. ...more
Joe Whitfield
Jan 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Tsum Tsums, those cute and cuddly collectables have taken over the Marvel Universe! After a mis-hap leads the alien collectables to Earth (specifically New York), a group of kids who are obessed with Earth's mightest heroes accidentally unleash havok. This would be a straight-forward clean up opperation if they weren't caught up in the middle of an Ultron related incident.

Disney have used the Marvel brand to cash-in of the Tsum Tsum craze that has tried to take over the real world. It's akin to
Silverscarf
I was looking at the Marvel adult coloring books and when I was looking at the Marvel Tsum Tsum one I also came across this. I confess I'm not the biggest fan of Tsum Tsums, but I have bought a few before, not a lot, but I do have a soft spot for my favorite Marvel characters, Rocket Raccoon, Squirrel Girl, and Black Panther look especially adorable in Tsum Tsum form. So when I found this I was curious about it, I read the sample for it and liked it enough to buy the book. And I really enjoyed ...more
Rosie
May 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Absolute harmless and enjoyable. The children protagonists were entertaining and innocent and the addition of the Avengers making appearances here and there just added to the fun.

Only niggle is Thor is a woman in this comic which is both unusual and confusing as does Ms. Marvel for reasons unknown considering this is set around the time of Ultron but never mind that this was cute and funny and that's all that matters.
Laina Quintanilla
Jun 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
The Marvel Tsum Tsums are adorable! It was a quick and adorable read but I did not really care for the characters or the plot, to be honest. Definitely, recommend to any reader who enjoys the Marvel Universe and Tsum Tsums.
Laura Lawson
Aug 03, 2017 rated it liked it
Funny!
Andrew Krause
Jul 07, 2018 rated it liked it
It may just be one not-so-giant piece of product placement, but dammit, it's a cute and silly product.
Kaylabookworm22 L
Apr 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a super cute read! I love everything Marvel I have read so far. I also love Tsum tsums too. I have a few at home. This book made me want to buy more. They are so cute!
Rachel
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: comics
Adorable comic with good art. Kids or anyone who likes tsum tsums will enjoy this!
ZepysGirl
A lot of fun—a very cute self-contained story!
Anne Barwell
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Adorable and cute.
Cindy Mooney
I really enjoyed this, my kids are the target audience for this and they LOVE it. Even if this is basically a toy advertisement, there was still a good story and the artwork is adorable!
Taylor
Oct 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
i loved that they added one of my fav toys to one of my fav comics
Bethany
Mar 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comics
Super cute and appropriate for young readers!
Yuiko
Jun 13, 2017 rated it liked it
So cute
Emmanuel Nevers
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was just fun. Great all ages comics!
Jen
Mar 25, 2017 rated it liked it
It was ok. One of the best things is the adorable cover variants in the back.
Shelley
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was ok
A box of tsum-tsums fall from the sky, see superheroes (and villains) and turn into them. The art is cute, and the tsum tsum symbol communication was seriously adorable. And the cover has Captain America running with a Peggy Carter tsum-tsum! I mean, how awesome is that? I want a Peggy tsum-tsum. The plot was messy and boring, over all, though.
⠀annie⠀✧*ೃ༄
the tsum tsums are absolutely adorable but storyline fell a little flat. due to the fact i don’t like reading more than one comic at a time, series kind of put me in a reading funk? it’s a cute, quick read but i’m certainly not going to spend my money on this.
Unidragonfrag
Jan 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Stand alone, I'm assuming? Ridiculous and cute.. Was a fun/quick read!
Patty
Feb 27, 2017
Cody
rated it it was ok
May 17, 2019
Melissa
rated it did not like it
Aug 21, 2016

• Astonishing X-Men, Volume 1: Gifted
  • Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, Vol. 1: BFF
  • Ms. Marvel, Vol. 7: Damage Per Second
  • X-Men: Prelude to Schism
  • 古見さんは、コミュ症です。volume 4 (Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu., #4)
  • The Bad Guys: Episode 10: The Baddest Day Ever
  • Astonishing X-Men, Volume 2: Dangerous
  • Attack on Titan: No Regrets, Vol. 1
  • Attack on Titan: No Regrets, Vol. 2
  • 進撃の巨人 27 [Shingeki no Kyojin 27] (Attack on Titan, #27)
  • 進撃の巨人 25 [Shingeki no Kyojin 25] (Attack on Titan, #25)
  • Diary (Berrybrook Middle School, #4)

Marvel Tsum Tsum (4 books)
  • Marvel Tsum Tsum (2016) #1 (of 4)
  • Marvel Tsum Tsum (2016) #2 (of 4)
  • Marvel Tsum Tsum (2016) #3 (of 4)
  • Marvel Tsum Tsum (2016) #4 (of 4)