Start by marking “Hot Winter Nights (Bear Mountain Rescue, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hot Winter Nights (Bear Mountain Rescue, #1)

Hot Winter Nights

(Bear Mountain Rescue #1)

The Bear Mountain days are cold, but the nights are steamy....

Allie Fairchild made a mistake when she moved to Montana. Her rental is a mess, her coworkers at the trauma center are hostile, and her handsome landlord, Dex Belmont, is far from charming. But just when she's about to throw in the towel, life in Bear Mountain takes a surprisingly sexy turn....

BookShots Flames
Or
Published December 6th 2016 by BookShots

To ask other readers questions about Hot Winter Nights, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hot Winter Nights

Sheri
Mar 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018, romance
Hot Winter Nights is a fun, fast, and flirty read. A cute romance to cozy up with on a cold winter's day.
Mellie Antoinette
Sep 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Fall in love in just one night? That’s a pretty strong tagline challenge Mr. Patterson has set for his Bookshot Flames line and I have to say I fell for it. Pretty good! But I still have a strict 3 ⭐ rating benchmark for romance novels so in a way - full marks for this one! ...more
Hot Winter Nights is a standalone contemporary romance written under James Patterson's BOOKSHOTS imprint (fast reads for fast times). At 160 pages/2 hours, 52 minutes via audio, this is a quick and easy read, as the BOOKSHOTS selections are intended to be.

This story was sexy and likable, even with the love triangle which usually annoys me. It ended on a bit of suspense which didn't quite feel that suspenseful because of the fast-paced plot. My processing had to keep up with the chain of events
Anna's Herding Cats

Reviewed for herding cats & burning soup.
Amazon: http://amzn.to/2hoBaLk

This was a fun winter quickie. New girl in town. Two tempting men...who happen to be best friends. Adorable canine companions. A winter storm. Yep. Good times.

So, yes. Allie is new in town and even though one of her co-workers is really perfect for her it's her pain in the butt landlord Dex that causes a little spark every time she sees him. Just what she doesn't need! lol
"Are you going to show me the cabin or kiss me, De
Robin Bielman
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I really, really loved this quick read!! I need more Bear Mountain Rescue stories now! :)
Erin
Dec 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: trashy-good
Quick, light, predictable. If you want to read something that doesn't require any thinking( not a diss) than this book is for you. Did I read this in order to insure I'd finish my reading challenge? ......
Red Cheeks Reads
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Codi Gary can always deliver a sweet, sexy romance with a touch of sass. Hot Winter Nights is a love triangle between two friends, Dex and Hunter, and the new woman in town, Allie. Love triangles typically stress me out but this one was low key and easy to read. You know who you are pulling for and in the journey for it to all work out you get great banter and some good sexual tension.

“Believe me, my friend, the last thing I’m interested in is a difficult city girl who won’t last the month here
Amie Knight
Dec 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Short Sexy and Sweet

Loved this fun wintery novella. It's a sexy heart warming story that immediately pulled me in with a feisty woman and a little bit of a love triangle. It's great. Pick it up.
T.J. Kline
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of Codi Gary's best! :) Loved it!
Monique
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Allie Fairchild drove in from New York to Montana to head the Bear Mountain Memorial Hospital trauma centre. She arrives two weeks ahead of schedule, and the quaint little cottage she expected is little more than a cabin straight from a horror movie. Worse still, when stepping out of her car, she is met the Cujo! Or rather Bluebell, whose owner looks more amicable, and he’s Allie’s landlord, Dex Belmont, who gets under Allie’s skin, especially as he lied to her about the condition of her new hom ...more
Ann Lorz
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
I haven't been reading Codi Gary for long but what I have been reading of hers I've really loved. They are so well written with characters I really enjoy reading about.

Hot Winter Nights is the start to a new series for her and after reading it I can't wait for the next story. Until then lets talk about Hot Winter Nights. At first I wasn't sure how I felt about Dex. He's the type of guy who really is trying so hard not to find his forever after. Of course we all know it happens when it happens a
Shannon
Hot Winter Nights
Bear Mountain Rescue, Book 1

I Picked Up This Book Because: Seemed like a good idea at the time.

The Characters:

Allie Fairchild: Looking for a new start lands a job as the chief administrator in Bear Mountain's trauma department
Dex Belmont: Search and rescue worker with a hero complex
Hunter “Don’t remember his last name”: Trauma surgeon looking to settle down.

The Story:

Overall okay. Not as much love triangle angst as I was expecting. To me it was pretty obvious that
Shannon
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

That's it...I'm moving to Montana and finding me grouchy, growly mountain man. I'm so jealous of Allie- she's living the life I want, aside from being a nurse and running a trauma hospital. She picked up and moved to the mountains, she lives in a rustic cabin and gets snowed in with growly mountain man...that's all I want out of life.

Definitely a great little story to warm up a cold winter's night!
Joan
Mar 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Allie Fairchild, looking for a new start, accepts a hospital administrator job in Montana. But when she arrives, she finds the rustic cabin she’s rented is not quite as advertised and her annoying landlord, Dex Belmont, is still busy making repairs. Many of her co-workers at the hospital are hostile and soon the feisty new girl in town wonders if she’s in over her head.
But then she meets a friendly doctor, Hunter Gracin. Hunter, who happens to be Dex’s best friend, finds himself attracted to All
Jennifer Brown
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked this one up because it said it was a bookshot and I thought it was by James Patterson. After seeing he only wrote the foreword, I still decided to give it a chance. I'm glad he chose other authors to do romance novels for his bookshots because I enjoy that genre too!

I enjoyed this story. Of course you know who she is going to end up with, but it was nice reading about the road to that romance. I would be willing to read more of this series if it crosses my path at the library :-)
Jackie Zortman
Jan 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a delightful, romantic little story that I enjoyed from start to finish. I love settings that are in remote, snowy regions. Maybe that's because that's where I live? Very good book, well written, fast paced. I recommend it.
Kristina Birch
Dec 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved this one! An easy to devour winter escape that's perfect for those cold nights. Totally sucked me with it's witty banter, sexy chemistry, and who will she chose plot!
Karen
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookshot
Quick sweet read. A good format for a light romance like this one. You really knew who Allie was going to end up with in the end but the journey there was worth the read.

Ivy
Short but atmospheric - this is one well-written, fun and flirty read. Just right for the snowy season.

Dex and Hunter are best friends, both interested in Allie, the new girl in town. Hunter is a good one, reliable and charming. Dex appears to be a womanizer but there might be more to him. Seems like she's just as interested in both of them...
They make a good love triangle as their story is enjoyable and not cheesy.
I loved the dynamic between Allie and Dex and the dramatic scene in the end, tho
Andrea Corley
I have come to really love the Bookshots because as the foreward from James Patterson says...he wanted to write stories that readers love in a shorter time frame for those busy people that don't always have a lot of time to sit down and read!

I managed to start and finish this story all while preparing for and cooking dinner! It was an easy, entertainable read!
Elaine
Feb 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Enticing and quick, this is an enjoyable read for those who like romance novels. That being said, other than it being well-written to keep the plot going, I'm not a huge fan of the story, as it's quite sexist and that makes it too grotesque for my taste.
Books Galore
Mar 29, 2017 rated it liked it
A quick romance novella. At least it had a resolution.
Charlotte Smith
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a book this was.
Victoria Colotta
Dec 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Codi Gary gives her readers a quick, sexy, and fun winter read in HOT WINTER NIGHTS. The signature wit and sass that I have known and loved in her previous books is present and accounted for in this story. Even though this is a short book, you have just enough time to get to know this love triangle will no doubt keep you warm this winter.

Highly Caffeinated Rating of...

✦ ✦ ✦ ✦
Follow the Highly Caffeinated Victoria Colotta: Website | Facebook | Twitter @vcolotta | Instagram | Goodreads
Ramblings From A Chaotic Mind
Dec 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hot Winter Nights is a fun, novella length contemporary romance that is sure to please romance readers who are craving something short and sweet. Codi Gary is a new to me author and I actively enjoyed this short romance and can't wait for more from this series and this author.

Allie has just arrived in the middle of nowhere, to a run down rental and a demanding new job. The last thing she needs is a surly landlord who wasn't very upfront in his rental description who also looks amazing in his je
Nise'
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fast, easy, enjoyable read.
Mary Lou Webb
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quick read, fun story

Book shots are perfect for those times you want something a bit lighter to read. This was the first from this genre I've read, but it proved to be a good representation of it. The two main characters are realistic in their reactions (even when I wanted to shake them), and the plot is cute. It made a great bedtime read. I'd recommend the story to fans of romcom who are looking for something to fill a few hours.
Stephanie Rollins
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Dex is her landlord. It has been a love/hate relationship from the beginning. They are both a bit feisty.
Dex’s best friend, Hunter, really has an interest in Allie. He is the logical choice for a boyfriend, but there are no sparks. Do sparks matter?
This is a sweet book. I love Hotshot books. They have all the fun without the fluff. This is a great one.
Miranda Elaine
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! Review at Red Cheeks Reads.
Kelly Akemann
Feb 07, 2017 rated it liked it
It was an okay book with okay characters. These are very quick reads (the entire series that is).
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Learning to Ride (Sunnybell #1)
  • Cowboy SEAL Christmas (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #3)
  • A Wedding in Maine
  • Saving the Sheriff (Three River Ranch, #3.5)
  • Radiant (Diamond Trilogy #2)
  • Bodyguard (Under Covers #1)
  • Two Men Walk into a Bar (at Christmastime)
  • And Then Forever (Fortune's Island, #1)
  • Graphic Classics, Volume 1: Edgar Allan Poe
  • Cowboy Blue
  • Somebody's Baby (Darling, VT #3)
  • Angry Young Man
  • A Reason to Love (Snowberry Creek, #3)
  • Cowboy Honor (Longhorn Canyon #2)
  • Santa Wore Combat Boots
  • A Very Merry Christmas
  • Playing Dirty (Bad Boys Undercover, #1)
  • It Happened on Love Street (Everland, Georgia #1)
From the time I could put a Disney Book cassette into my little stereo,and read along, books have held a fantastic distraction. When I was eleven, I decided I wanted to be one of those magical people that brought stories to life. Devouring a book a day sometimes, my first romance novel stuck with me. I've always been a sucker for a happy ending (and the great romantic gesture)and that's what I try ...more

Bear Mountain Rescue (2 books)
  • Sexy Summer Flings