Start by marking “The Jesse James Scrapbook” as Want to Read:
The Jesse James Scrapbook

The Jesse James Scrapbook

The Jesse James Scrapbook is the life's work of young Tom Gardner who pasted over the pages of his mother's own "Tour Of Continent Scrapbook," with clippings, pictures, and other memorabilia about Jesse James. When his mother scolds him, Tom vows that he is going to "Go out west and interview farmers and outlaws and trainmen and wild Indians —everyone who knew or saw or wa ...more
Kindle Edition, Sec ond Edition, 296 pages
Published May 15th 2016 by Fool Church Media (first published 2003)

To ask other readers questions about The Jesse James Scrapbook, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Jesse James Scrapbook

Start your review of The Jesse James Scrapbook
Pegboard
Nov 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
They claimed the government wouldn’t allow them to earn an honest living, so the James brothers began their own form of employment. George Jansen takes events in the notorious Jesse James life and spins them into this work of fiction, The Scrapbook of Jesse James. It begins with Tom Gardner, age 12, as he fantasizes about this outlaw and begins a scrapbook covering his life. His mom is none too pleased since he is gluing newspaper clippings and book cutouts into her own scrapbook. But he vows to ...more
Charlie Latham
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is no doubt that Jesse James was a true American legend.

Ever since I heard of Jesse’s story I’ve loved the character that he represents and I often fantasise about his life and what it would have been like to live back then.

This book fully embraced that, the world that I wanted to imagine was set right there in front of me. Not only that but I think it’s pretty historically accurate and although a piece of fiction does portray what actually went on back then.

A perfect read, captivating,
Archie
Nov 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
An engaging story!
An engaging story that brings Jesse James to life using narrations from soldiers, farmers and family and people. Though a fiction but gives much the sense of reality and keeps the reader engaged. The author skillfully created a scene for readers of the environment that created such a violent personality. Chapter by Chapter narration from different people, angles is a variation in the story that was really interesting.
Angela Beske
Oct 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed reading this book. It is told out of the view point of many people whose lives crossed with Mr. James' at some point - even his School Teacher (all fictional, of course!) George Jansen obviously studied the life of Jesse James thoroughly and did not leave anything for guessing.
Bryan Costales
I loved this book. Every chapter was like a glimpse of the past written in the tone of the past. All these chapters created an impression of Jesse James unlike anything I have read before. A thoroughly good read.
Alfred  Garrotto
Oct 15, 2018
Heather Blair
marked it as to-read
Aug 20, 2016

• Matthew's Adventures in Scotland
  • The Imminent Threat (The School of Ancestral Guidance Saga, #3)
  • The Seducer's Confessions: The Secret Guide to Seduce Women
  • Escape From Hypatia 5: The 18th Shadow (Volume 4)
  • Guitar Chords for Beginners: Beginners Guitar Chord Book with Open Chords and More
  • The Fade-Away
  • The One
  • Hell Bent
  • Haunts
  • A Song In Time II
  • The Seventh Guard: Destiny Expires (Seventh Guard #1)
  • Dawn of Hope: Exodus (Path to Eternity Book 1)
  • The Cats of Laughing Thunder: Guide for Kids and Money (The Cats of Laughing Thunder (Nonfiction) Book 3)

News & Interviews