Start by marking “Deception (Mafia Ties, #1)” as Want to Read:
Deception (Mafia Ties, #1)

Deception

(Mafia Ties #1a)

Nic DeLuca is used to taking what he wants. Born to lead a powerful mafia family, he’s not in the habit of asking for permission—or forgiveness. He’s willing to cross any boundary when it comes to possessing what he considers to be his, and from the moment he laid eyes on Anna Martin, he knew she was meant for him.

Nic is quick to move the innocent nanny into his home... an
Published May 23rd 2016 (first published May 20th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Deception, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Deception

Start your review of Deception (Mafia Ties, #1)
Gi's Spot Reviews
Oh my... Sigh...
This man is deliciously dreamy! <3
Can't wait to read the rest of their story!
Deborah
Sep 24, 2016 rated it liked it

3.5* short but surprisingly enjoyable insta love.

This book has been on kindle for a while because I downloaded it through KU before I realised firstly how short it was and secondly that it was 1 of 3. I moan about single books being split into smaller ones so I looked closer and found:
Deception - 88 pages
Danger - 94 pages
Devotion - 52 pages
Really? 52 pages.
So I ignored it for a while but friends were reading and enjoying it so I decided since it was on KU I'd give it a try
Now I have to admit I
Mg ♥ The Bookishmedialite
Jun 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hi, I'm Mg.

I'm looking for a nanny position.

If you are a rich, hot, single dad, I'm in. LMAO.

Niccolo DeLuca, I want to be the mother of your children. That is all.

See you after book 2.
Chantal ❤️
Janie
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite Fiona Davenport book to date. Nic DeLuca is one amazing H. Ok he's a mafia boss...not everyone's perfect. I also love Gianna so far. I loved everything about this book. My only complaint is it's too short. At least we don't have long to wait for books 2&3. This series is looking like it will be a definite reread for me. ...more
Roksana
I liked the book and if you like Alexa Riley or Linda Chance, this book will not disappoint and expect "Insta-love" immediately, but somehow it did not bothered me, probably the Heroes possessive alphaness was the very reason at large! I love the sexy getting my woman straight away type of guy and he delivered 100%.. however, it would have been better if the author did not split them in 3 parts! I know there is another part coming and we will get more on the characters, but I would have like mor ...more
Jacqueline's Reads
Jun 06, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: smut, mafia
3 OH MY GOD SMUT STARS!

This is a smut book, I love my smut books, but I had NO IDEA. I thought this was just going to be a typical mafia book with a lot of character development, build-up, tension and crazy plot twists, oh no.

You get insta-lust, insta-love and OVER THE TOP alpha male character. A typical smut read and I wouldn’t have it any other way (maybe a new cover to reflect it, but that is just my opinion).

Nic needs a nanny and the FIRST moment he lays eyes on her, he wants her. So she is
Bookloverme
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I'm loving this one! I can't wait to finish this series. It's so good! Nic's so possessive and the way he takes care of his family, you'll definitely love him.

Will write a full review about Nic and Anna in book three.
Nicla

Quick, hot instant love read.

HEA (view spoiler)
Cheating/OW/OM (view spoiler)
Any separation(view spoiler)
Any push/pull (view spoiler)
Angst Level: Low
Heat Level: High
Sara
Dec 28, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mafia, reviewed
Everything happened too fast, characters didn’t get to know each other & just happened to be in love. If you like cheesy books with insta love then this would be the one for you! ...more
Catarina
3,5 Stars.

If you like books with extreme insta-love, virgin heroines and OTT alpha heroes, (yes, Alexa Riley style) this is right up your alley.
Despite the guy being a mafia boss this is not a dark reading (at all). It's sweet, entertaining, very quick to read and slightly over the top romantic. Perfect if you want a quick, low on angst reading in a rainy day.

description
Steam: Hot.
Sensible Subjects: (view spoiler)
Emily
Anna Martin is disheartened by her lack of finding a suitable family to be a nanny for. She decides to give it one last shot which puts her in direct contact with Nic DeLuca.

When Nic opens the door to Anna, he doesn't even need the interview to hire Anna because he knows Anna is going to be more than his nanny. Now he has to get the innocent woman to understand her role as his future wife and mother to his children. The only problem he faces now is telling her about the family business.

Wasn't aw
Angie H.
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
A hot mafia alpha read ... waiting for part 2...
Coco.V
Sep 11, 2016 rated it liked it
💝 FREE on iBooks today (11/21/2018)!💝

Blurb:

Nic is quick to move the innocent nanny into his home... and his bed. But, he hides his dark side from Anna. The deception is necessary to en
♡Tonya♡
Niccolo "Nic" DeLuca wooo weee! ok I wasn't going to start this until all three were out but I kept reading about Nic. He took one look at Anna and that was it. He knew she was his, now he had to persuade her. (which I might add wasn't hard to do) Hot sexy alpha, insta love, innocent h, sweet little girl, no cheating or mention of ow/om. Great job! Even though I don't like cliffhangers, I'm going with this because there is only a week between each book.
Eve (Between The Bookends)
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Full review on Book three.
RCK *don’t be all, like, uncool*
Very insta love/lust.
Amara
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: eh-ok
Raine
1st part of a 3 part series of Nic and Anna. Nic has a daughter that is need of a nanny. He takes one look at innocent Anna and decides he needs her to be a live-in nanny and quickly moved her into his home. He plans on moving her into his bed soon, but is dealing with a secret his is keeping from her and wants her tied to him before he reveals all.

I never get tired of insta-love stories with OTT alphs and virgin heroines!
 B.E.Love
Jun 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is a super quick read but its also a fun light summer read. The books goes very fast, and to be fair I would probably classy this a serial (All three are out though). The story isn't finished but I jumped right into book two so that wasn't an issue for me. The hero is crazy over the top possessive(love that). The second his eye lay on our heroine he claimed her and makes plans to move her in marry her and get her pregnant.
Erin
May 17, 2016 rated it liked it
3 stars - I really enjoyed this book however...

Honestly it's just too short my tastes. I don't think I was aware that this was a short serial. I thought it was three short books... yea, no. There really is no need to drag this story out.

I may read the books that follow, but I'm not sure.
Willow Brooks
Aug 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good but too freaking short.
Chitra *CJ*
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
CRAPBALLS!! Loved it <3
Was this super OTT-Insta love-you are MINE- YES!
Did I love it? SUPER YES!
Totally fast paced and sexy read of Gianna and Nic- cant wait to read part 2 and 3.
FD Never disappoints.
5/5
Libby Harrison
Will review after finishing all 3 books
French Press Bookworm Blog

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 1/2 stars

What more can you as for? Sexy mafia boss who doesn't ask before he takes! Sometimes that's exactly the kind of book you need. And this book has that. The H is single daddy looking for a nanny for his baby girl and the h becomes his nanny. Pretty safe to say that this one was a fun read. Short and sexy an just plan fun. It ends on a cliffy but not in the relationship which was great! That saved the book for me. Seriously it's a good read. Go check it out
Shannon Diaz
May 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Ahhhhh Nic is Sooo dreamy. I loved Anna she is so sweet Nd I love her mommy genes. Nic interviews Anna to be his daughters nanny. He knows she is the one for him and moves her into his house so he can work on showing her that she belongs with him. I love the instalove, Nic's obsessiveness and the fact that Nic's ex is no where in the picture so there is no drama with that. This book was amazing.
Susan (susayq ~)

WOW!! What good first installment to Nic and hisGianna's story. I don't want to say to much and give anything away, but just know, I CAN NOT wait for the next part to see what happens!

*thanks to the author for a copy of the book in exchange for an honest review*
Jami
When Anna shows up for a nanny position at Nic’s house, she didn’t expect her life to change so suddenly. One look was all it took for Nic to know that Anna was his and he would do everything he could to make that happen.

-safe read
-h is a virgin
-H has ban celibate for a while
-no om/ow drama
Heat Level: 4 flames out of 5
Rating: 5 stars out of 5
Blurb:

April Symes

This was such a fantastic read-This is a 3 part romance story that ends in a cliff hanger but what a cliffhanger (smile) What you have is a seriously alpha hero named Nic DeLuca who is a single dad who needs someone to watch after his little girl who has a serious illness and he hires nanny Anna Martin. When he meets her, it is literally love at first sight. Anna feels the chemistry between them but doesn’t want to jeopardize her job; but soon can’t help the pull she feels toward Nic. They are t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Belong to Me
  • Love At First Kiss (Love comes first, #1)
  • Fighting For Hope (Worth the Fight #1)
  • Never Been Kissed
  • Never Let Go
  • Stuffed
  • Love Undefeated
  • Marco's Girl
  • Bookstore Barbie (Magnolia Ridge #1)
  • Against the Rules
  • His Secret Treasure
  • King's Castle
  • Sweet Cheeks (Sweet Enough To Eat #1)
  • His Virgin Queen
  • Fighting For The Forbidden (Worth the Fight #2)
  • Love Forever
  • General Joe (Magnolia Ridge, #2)
  • Killer Crush

Mafia Ties (4 books)
  • The Mafia Ties Series: Nic & Anna
  • Pursuit / Power / Passion (Mafia Ties Series: Brandon & Carly)
  • Obsession: A Mafia Ties Novella
  • Devotion (Mafia Ties, #3)