Start by marking “Requiem (Delirium, #3)” as Want to Read:
Requiem (Delirium, #3)

Requiem

(Delirium #3)

3.75  ·  Rating details ·  121,837 ratings  ·  12,902 reviews
This is an alternate cover edition for ISBN13 9780062014542.

The third and final book in Lauren Oliver's powerful New York Times bestselling trilogy about forbidden love, revolution, and the power to choose. Now with a brand-new cover and an exclusive-to-this-book sneak peek at her next novel for teens: the ambitious, wholly original masterwork Replica.

Now an active member of the re
Published May 17th 2016 by HarperCollins (first published March 5th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Requiem, please sign up.
Lorenis JRS This is my favorite book of the trilogy!
This is my favorite book of the trilogy!
And if you didn't like the ending, then you didn't understand what the book is about. We don't need to know what's going to happen next, that's life. The important thing here is to let down our walls as individuals, knowing that maybe sometimes we might fall, but also that there's a chance that we can fly. To take a leap of faith instead of hiding behind our fears. Fear, will only make us prisoners, but there's a promise of freedom when we believe.(less)
Lorenis JRS This is my favorite book of the trilogy!
This is my favorite book of the trilogy!

·  121,837 ratings  ·  12,902 reviews

Start your review of Requiem (Delirium, #3)
Kenzie

That was awful. Completely awful. Holy hell. What happened?

Summary of Requiem: Lena leads Julian on to make Alex jealous. That's it. That's the whole book.

Lena... what happened to you? You were bland in Delirium, had this AMAZING character growth in Pandemonium, and here? You were petty and whiny and annoying. Criminy. She asked to leave behind a burned, injured, defenseless girl who had just lost her home and family all because she was jealous that Alex talked to her. Way to be a shitty person, Lena!

The Lena/Hana back and forth POV chapters were okay. Hana's story was betthappened?
Summary
Darlalala
Apr 30, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites, dystopia, 2013
Warning: There might be MINOR spoilers so yea, be warned :)

AFTER READING:
When Alex and Lena were doing this...

I looked like this.

and then this..

I CAN'T FREAKING CONTAIN MY STUPID TANGLED EMOTIONS!!!
okay I'm calm. I.am.calm.

Julian-Lena-Alex:
Although Julian somewhat grew on me in Requiem, my heart still belI.am.calm.
Althoughclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
I:)
AFTER
l
Jun 24, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
~EDIT #3~ ACTUAL REVIEW (SPOILERS AHEAD):

Okay, I know a lot of people have read/liked my 'review' for the ending of Pandemonium and the blurb of requiem, but here's my long-awaited review of Lauren Oliver's Requiem.

I'm going to be very, very honest here. I didn't like it. Compared to the awesomeness that was Delirium, this was honestly disappointing. I hate when authors sway to far from the original plot of the series, which was exactly what Lauren Oliver has done in this latest installment.

The first book was an exciting tale about two peop(SPOILERS
Sabrina
May 14, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
OMGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!! I really don't know how to express how I feel right now! ALEX!!!!
[image error]excited gif Pictures, Images and Photos

[image error]crying misha gif Pictures, Images and Photos

Just when Alex finally appears in Pandemonium (I've been waiting the whole book for it to happen)... the book finishes!!!NOOO! WTH????!!Lauren really enjoys making usclass="gr-hostedUserImg">
[image
Taschima
Dec 21, 2011 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
The Delirium TV SHOW has been picked up again, BY HULU. TO be aired on June 20th, 2014!

Holy shit! Delirium, by Lauren Oliver, is to become a TV Show!

The Delirium, Lauren Oliver, TV Show has it's Lena!! Lena has been cast, guys!

Click here to read 86 juicy pages of Requiem, plus an exclusive short story about ALEX!!!* (DYYING INSIDE!!)

Holy shit! Delirium, by Lauren Oliver, is to become a TV Show!

The Delirium, Lauren Oliver, TV Show has it's Lena!! Lena has been cast, guys!

Delirium TV Show Casting: Alex and Hana have been cast... for better or worse?

description

...there is another book right?

The DELIRIUM series cannot end this way, so vague and unfinished.

description

Disappointed doesn't begin to cover how I feel.

The beginning was slow, and the ending was rushed, sooo rushed... and unclear, and incomplete, and preachy, and not at all what I was expecting. It felt short, the whole book did.

So she went back to the wilds and lived crappily ever after? Is that what I am getting?

Felt like a bridge between books, nothing was really solved, and we were left with more questions than answers. While Pandemonium was a revelation, Requiem was the book that fell short. Guess it was too much to hope Requiem would be just as good. We get NO answers. At the end it's like nothing is resolved, not even the love triangle (that no one believed in the first place anyways).

I was already suspecting this was going to happen, when I reached the middle of the book (and a little after) and nothing significant had yet happened. We got a confrontation in the romance department (ONE! And not even after they meet face to face for the first time, woah was I pissed!), true, but other than that? Nada!!

This book was definitely dissapointing. We still get beautiful writing, and it was GREAT to get to see the characters we love again, but it felt like a bridge book. No resolution, no ENDING. Just, all left in the air...

description

The rest of this review shall be full of spoilers, so read if you must, I have a lot of talking to do about specific parts that pissed.me.off.

(view spoiler)

Old updates:

*Now in order to read the Alex short story you would have to buy a first edition copy of Requiem. Like we weren't doing that anyways!

Edit 9/20/12

description

Am I the only one who is completely jealous and wants to scream at the top of her lungs to the gods because some people have already read this book and not me? AM I THE ONLY ONE?

I can't possibly be!

I know burning books is bad, but if Lena doesn't end up with Alex there will be blood. Julian was a good distraction, and hell he was so cute all around, but Alex pulls at my heart strings. Gosh that ending [Pandemonium] was awesome, the whole book was written perfectly. Lauren Oliver is very very talented. You got a fan in me.

ADD 6/30/2012:

HOLY CRAP! There is a cover, there's a cover, there's a cover!!!

I looove the photo quality, and the color, and the flowers, and EVERYTHING!! I'm just a fan that is full of love for this beautiful cover of one of my favorite series EVER.
Kat Kennedy
Requiem. When all good things must come to an end. A horrible, horrible end that didn’t do any justice to the series. But an end nonetheless. Requiem is like sitting down to a well-deserved, hot pie and relishing every bite until you get to the last one and die of poisoning without ever knowing why or how. There was literally a moment when I got to the last few pages, realized there wasn’t any more and freaked out. From enjoyment for insurmountable anger.

laughing, laughing, then STOP!

I am a solid believer that Lauren Oliver is a capable, talented author. I also think she’s brave. Not all authors risk venturing into unfamiliar territory. Think how common it is for an author to be writing their fourth or fifth book in a series and starting spinoffs in the same world when even that gets old. It’s clear from Delirium that Oliver was trying on something new. Uncomfortable at first, but I’d felt that in Pandemonium, she had hit her stride. Requiem, the last part of Lena’s journey, seems to have been a new challenge all in its own. One that I didn’t feel Oliver managed to surmount.

The novel is divvied up into Lena’s POV and Hannah’s POV – sometimes done with more success than other times. Overall, it wasn’t a bad series and Requiem wasn’t necessarily a bad book. It simply could never escape from the premise holding so much more promise than the story could deliver. Compared to other series in this genre, it struggled to hold its own candle. I feel bereft and let down after the promise and goodness that was Pandemonium.

There are concepts and ideas there. A tale Oliver wants to tell about love – its strengths and pitfalls. The good and the bad. You can see the reaching for it in Requiem. Then a point comes when it seems the tale is abandoned in favour of wrapping it up as soon as possible. Some might call it an open ending. To me an open ending leaves you with thoughtful questions, not a whole lot of blank spaces. To me, Requiem doesn’t have an open ending. It just stops, with little rhyme or reason.

I’m not even going to talk about anything else that happens or the characters or themes or writing or anything. I refuse. Debate or not, an ending is an ending is an ending. Just because something ended doesn’t mean you gave it an actual ending. Need further proof? Allow me to illuminate on th-

This review also appears on my blog, Cuddlebuggery Book Blog.
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Jul 01, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: People who need to see how the trilogy ends
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Buddy Read with Amanda, Joan and Rebecca

For as much as I bitched about Mockingjay's epilogue, I kind of think that this book could have used one.

This will be the review of can't really say jack.

After all, how do I even talk about this book without spoilers? Warning : there are spoilers for book 2 in the comments section, so don't go there unless you've at least read up through book 2.

I can probably at least say that fans of the trilogy will want to read Requiem so they can finish out the story.

I just expected more than this and truly wish that I could give a glowing report.

Sostory.
Ione.
This
Bryan Sanchez
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
5 Predictions:

1) Tack is possibly Julians brother. Julian stated that everyone was afraid of his brother and same thing with Tack. Julians brothers favorite book was Great Expectations and so is Tacks.

2) Alex was cured

3) Julian dies

4) Raven or Lena's mother dies

5) Lena goes back to Portland

After reading it.

I missed the romance and passion. It lacked feelings besides for conversations between Lena and her mother. The first two ar
Noah Czerny
Aug 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have never hated a cliff hanger so much in my life.
ALEX. ALEX. ALEX. ALEX. GAHHHH. ALEX.

I'M FREAKING OUT SO BAD RIGHT NOW. I THINK I FORGOT HOW TO BREATHE. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL MAAAAAARCH.

Blah. Lena better choose Alex or I will personally find a way into the book and murder her.

I mean, yeah sure, Julian's okay, I guess, if you like THAT kind of guy. But Alex. DHAFDOSIUFJEASFDJHIE. HE ALMOST DIED FOR HER!!! And no. He was so not cured. HE WAS NOT CURED. Yeah, I woul
Charlotte May
"This is the strange way of the world, that people who simply want to love are instead forced to become warriors."

3.5 ⭐

I've had a rocky time with this trilogy. The first book started out as way too romancy for my taste. But the last two books have really gotten down into the nitty gritty of the politics of this world and I found it much more gripping.

Lena and Julian have made it back to her friends from the Wilds, and have joined the resistance. Alex's return in book 2 pissed me off, we never
Jessica (The Psychotic Nerd)
After Reading:
I must say, this is probably my least favorite out of the three books.
It's not horrible (Obviously, since I gave it five stars) but it took forever for the pace to pick up, for it to get interesting.

This book is mostly about the Resistance fighting back (HOORAH!!) but they can't just barge in and fight! They must plan first! Making most of the novel planing, not fighting.
And we all now that planing is that as fun as fighting...

Of course it's not all planning!
Andrea
I don't know, I don't know what to do with my life right now, all I know is that right now I can't rate/review this book. I just can't.

Two days after:

Okay, okay I'm cool. I'm cool. I think I can do this.

And as painful as it is, I'm gonna give this book 2.5 stars.

Well, this book was a major disappointment, it got nothing solved! I kinda wish this book was a joke and that this was like Part 1 of 2 of the final book as the movies are made now.

You know when you wait for like a bi/>
Courtney
A year?!?! Really?!?! After how the last book ended they really expect me to wait a year to find out what happens! I think I might die :(

3/5/13

Ok. Wait WTF?! That wasn't the end was it? That was probably the stupidest ending of a book ever! It was more like the start to a spin-off series or a lame ass cliff hanger for book 4. I'm so so so disappointed in Lauren Oliver. This is one of my favorite series and she just ruined it! Nothing, absolutely nothing was re
Saania Zee Jamal ϟ
description

I'm sorry Lauren, but that piss-poor ending can't deserve any more than 2 and a half stars from me.

It was good while it lasted.

*sigh shrug*
*shrug sigh*
*shrigh*
kari
Apr 03, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: no one
Shelves: 2013, ya
Don’t you just love it when you get to the end of a series, close that back cover, sigh contentedly, think of stars and sunshine, regret that you no longer get to spend time in that world with those characters, but feel enclosed in a shining bubble of contentment and happiness for that wonderful ending, hugging the book with joy?
Well, if that is what you’re hoping for with this book, you are in for one whopping disappointment, my friend.
Nothing and I mean a sum total of not a single thing
Jamie
May 04, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
********Warning, spoilers for Pandemonium in passage below*********

I'm gonna be blunt and put it out there. I don't like Julian. Sure, he's nice and all that, but he's not Alex. Julian is sheltered and too much of an important figure to be involved in Lena's romantic affairs. He's inexperienced, knows nothing on how to survive in The Wild. While Alex helped Lena, Julian is the one that needs the taking care of. He's much weaker than Alex.
My heart literally skipped like 5 beats when
tonya.
2.5 stars.

I'm not sure I know what to say about this one.

While I was only mildly impressed with Delirium, and found Lena to be a weak and indecisive character, I was incredibly impressed with her development in Pandemonium. Lena grew into a strong, determined character, with a cause far greater than somewhat ordinary teenage love.

In Requiem all the momentum built in Pandemonium was halted. Despite the all out war brewing between the Regulators and the Invalids, the main focus of the story was Lena's feelings for Alex an
Ferdy
Spoilers

I was going to give this one star because the ending was ridiculous, actually the whole book was ridiculous… But because I'm really nice, I decided to add an extra star. Your welcome, Lauren Oliver.

For those who haven't read Requiem. Here's a breakdown:

Lena: Alex no dead. What I do? It be painful.

Alex: I no dead Lena. You be evul whore. Why you no grieve forever when you be thinking I being dead? I never loving you! I always hating you now!

Julian: Huh?

Lena: Alex no wuv me. Me so sa/>:/>:/>:
Nicole
Feb 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Well, I really want this book.
Really badly. Really badly. Really badly. I don't even know how to express how much I want this book.
I want to know what happens.
And as morbid as this is, I kind of hope Julian dies, so that Lena's choice is so much easier.
Skylar
Sep 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I finished Pandemonium . . .

OMFG I HATE LOVE TRIANGLES, someone please tell me why they exist!!! D:<

In the end when Alex came back I was just like

NOOO I like Julian with Lena . . . I feel like the only one though : (

I never really liked Alex that much, I don't really know why :p.
I like Julian though. & then when I really thought he died I was like Lena is finally happy again! But then Alex came back xO. She finally moves on - and she'
Jayde
May 18, 2012 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Okay ... I just finished reading pandemonium ... literally two seconds ago ... AND

I really really REALLY want her to end up with Julian!!
I dont like Alex(sorry)

With Alex she didnt have to fight it .. she just got swept up in the throes of a whirlwind romance.

With Julian, she fought it, she denied it and she STILL started to fall for him.

She went back for JULIAN! she didnt go back for Alex (speaks volumes me thinks)

When I was readi
hayden
Dec 16, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For as much shit as the end of this book got from everyone,
I thought it was pretty perfect. I didn't think it was unfair at all. Open, yes, but some easy inferences tell you everything you need to know.

I got just what I wanted from my favorite characters, and I won't lie: I was pretty excited about Lena's choice in the end.

Oliver's beautiful, beautiful writing never hurts, either.

Lauren Oliver says, in a tweet to me:

"I won't say a word! V proud of that book, tho/>"I
Christine Riccio
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just posted my booktalk with detailed discussion: http://youtu.be/Kgpz7kS2HpA ! Love this world, loved where it was going, but I don't feel any closure, which has left me feeling less enthused with the series as a whole.
Marina

Well..

I'm going to start pleading my case here.

First of all, I have to admit that I find this a genuinely authentic theme for a dystopian trilogy. Some readers may consider it obscenely absurd. Idiotic. Daft. Pick one.

Not me.

It's actually very clever.

Can you honestly guarantee that with the rate things are going, something like this would be impossible to occur?
I mean, hear this humanity.
If dividing mankind into pre-determined factions to avoid social inconsistencies and emotional fallouts, or throwing together kids in a bloodthirsty arena compWell..
Emily
Mar 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the end of Pandemonium and there was a moment when I seriously thought I was dead. (some spoilers, okay). As soon as they said an escapee from the Crypts I was like "ALEX! ALEX ALEX ALEX!" And when he showed up, I was like "OH MY SWEET LORD! YOU HAVE SAVED US" and then I was like... Julian..

I am so confused by my emotions right now. Why? Why do this to us Lauren? Do you enjoy watching us suffer another YEAR while we wait for the next one. I feel like I might die.

Ca
Mizuki
Starting from the very beginning, I know the world building in the Delirium series is bullshit, the setting that love is now being treated by a dysptoian American government as an illness is bullshit, I also know that the story is more about a teenage love triangle among Alex/Lena/Julian than the long-suffering citizens fighting the evil government, I also know that the characters are only "Meh" at best.

So why was I still reading? It's because the second book of the series is quite o
Shelby Petrie
Apr 16, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so I found this book to be my second favorite in the series. I still love the first one because, well it HAS Alex in it. The ending wasn't as big or good as I hoped it would be, I hated Julian and I was more than happy when he was kinda shoved out of Lena's heart in the end, but she still wasn't sure who to pick. *cough* Alex *cough*. I loved all the action in this book and cried multiple times. This is one of my favorite love stories because it actually opened my eyes and showed me what love ...more
Allison Mcswain
SO DISAPPOINTED
I love Lauren Oliver's writing, but I feel that Pandemonium deserved to be followed with something better--something less rushed.
It's the curse of the third and final book. I hated Mockingjay because it was so rushed (like, oh, it's the final book, let's get it over with). I thought Lauren wouldn't let that happen...but I feel it did. Requiem was rushed and left me unsatisfied.
This series WAS my favorite...but this ruined it. Still love the first two books.
sandeep
3.5/5 Stars

UM WHAT KIND OF ENDING WAS THAT?! IT WASN'T ENOUGH, YOU CAN'T DO US DIRTY LIKE THAT!!!!!!

description

This trilogy would have definitely been one of my favorites if it hadn't been for that terrible ending. Yes, I'm going to bitter about this for a very long time.

• Reached (Matched, #3)
  • Crossed (Matched, #2)
  • Matched (Matched, #1)
  • The Elite (The Selection, #2)
  • The One (The Selection, #3)
  • The Heir (The Selection, #4)
  • Ignite Me (Shatter Me, #3)
  • Allegiant (Divergent, #3)
  • Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)
  • The Crown (The Selection, #5)
  • Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
  • Prodigy (Legend, #2)
  • Champion (Legend, #3)
  • Into the Still Blue (Under the Never Sky, #3)
  • Insurgent (Divergent, #2)
  • Defy Me (Shatter Me, #5)
  • Through the Ever Night (Under the Never Sky, #2)
  • Specials (Uglies, #3)
Lauren Oliver is the cofounder of media and content development company Glasstown Entertainment, where she serves as the president of production. She is also the New York Times bestselling author of the YA novels Replica, Vanishing Girls, Panic, and the Delirium trilogy: Delirium, Pandemonium, and Requiem, which have been translated into more than thirty languages. The film rights to both Replica ...more

Delirium (3 books)
  • Delirium (Delirium, #1)
  • Pandemonium (Delirium, #2)
“Take down the walls.
That is, after all, the whole point.
You do not know what will happen if you take down the walls; you cannot see through to the other side, don't know whether it will bring freedom or ruin, resolution or chaos. It might be paradise or destruction.
Take down the walls.
Otherwise you must live closely, in fear, building barricades against the unknown, saying prayers against the darkness, speaking verse of terror and tightness.
Otherwise you may never know hell; but you will not find heaven, either. You will not know fresh air and flying.
All of you, wherever you are: in your spiny cities, or your one bump towns. Find it, the hard stuff, the links of metal and chink, the fragments of stone filling you stomach.
And pull, and pull, and pull.
I will make a pact with you: I will do it if you will do it, always and forever.
Take down the walls.”