Start by marking “In the Pursuit of Charity” as Want to Read:
In the Pursuit of Charity

In the Pursuit of Charity

He expected her to recognize him.
He expected her to be seduced by his charms.
He expected her to fall for him.
Expectations are a funny thing …

When his parents named him Herbert Lincoln James, they already had expectations that Linc would attend an ivy league university and go into politics. Linc didn't. As captain of his swim team, he was expected to win the big relay to ca
Paperback, 1st edition, 176 pages
Published June 8th 2017 by Beaumont Tower Press

To ask other readers questions about In the Pursuit of Charity, please sign up.
Recent Questions
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)

Philomena Callan Cheekypee
This is my second read by this author and I loved it just as much as I loved the previous book.

I absolutely loved Linc and Alexis story. Both characters felt so read with real life topics that made this story into a well written relatable story for many. I was really rooting for Linc and Alexis.

This is a lovely romantic story. This is a truly lovely read. I can’t wait to read more from this author.
Christine
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the Pursuit of Charity by Alexandria Sure is a sweet love story between two unexpected soon to be graduated college students. Told in the male POV of Linc this story is emotional and thought provoking. Linc's family has a plan for him but now that he's almost finished school the last thing he wants to do is follow his mother's plan. Not in his plan is Alexis and he can't stop thinking about her. Alexis is shocked by the attention and can't understand why Linc wants to spend time with her let ...more
Amber
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another amazing read by new author, Alexandria Sure. I really love her writing style thus far. In the Pursuit of Charity, Alexandria brings us a topics not much people like to talk about; weight, self esteem, failure. You can't help but fall for these characters and their situations. On some level most people are able to relate to these characters. My heart really went out to Linc, especially at the end. I ran out of words and I wanted so much more! I really loved Linc and Alexis' story and can' ...more
Amy
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story! I can see where Alexis is coming from being a plus size woman myself. People are cruel. She stays to herself. Linc is an athlete and very in shape. So therefore he has never associated with someone like her before. His friends are jerks! Just a really fantastic college age love story! Definitely can't wait to see what's next for this author! I would definitely recommend this book to all of my friends.
Yvonne Eason
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read from the author and I can not wait to see where this story ends.

Linc is the captain of the swim team. There are rules to be followed. Social standards, social acceptances. What happens when those social rules are not followed?

Alexia hears all the jokes about her weight. Puts on a brave face. Smiles and carries on. Why is he talking to her? Is this another joke at her expense?

Whatever their feelings for each other, will the social cliques. The boundaries set
Petra Gleason
Jun 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a good prequel to a great story. I can't wait to read more about both Alexis and Linc. There is a ton going on and so much more to learn. I want to hear more from Alexis, I want to learn more about Linc and if he ever stands up to the bastards that don't support his new relationship and I need to find out if Linc and Alexis are ever able to truly listen to each other without letting past experiences color how they deal with what's right in front of them.
Karen Hrdlicka
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the first work I've read by Alexandria Sure and I really want to go back now and read her first book. Her style and characters draw the reader into the book, and while you may think you've read a story like this before; you haven't. Ms. Sure's book is one of those books that speak directly to your heart. I'm a big fan of the underdog in books. In essence both Linc and Alexis are underdogs, fighting stereotypes of who they appear to be. Linc is the privileged jock who can have his pick of ...more
Chantelle Smith
Jul 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: itsy-bitsy-books
Herbert Lincoln James had many expectations set out for him from his parents, attend an Ivy League University and go into politics, but Linc didn’t do that. He was also expected to win the relay race for the state championship with his swim team, but Linc didn’t do that either. But with the society and the crowd of friends Linc hung around with, he was expected to walk past her and ignore her, but he couldn’t.
But he had expectations of his own, he expected her to fall for his charms, he expecte
Maggie V
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC Review provided by (1)

*** ARC KINDLY provided by the AUTHOR in exchange for a HONEST REVIEW ***

In the Pursuit of Charity by Alexandria Sure is now LIVE!!

Buy Links:
| Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA |

Coming soon to Nook

Main photo hotdog

With this being a new authors book there were some confusion between inner dialogue and conversations. I wasn't a huge fan of the book being written in the third person but then had italic sentences in first person for Linc, it was confusing at times.

Okay now that I got the only bad part of the

Bobbi Wagner
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the Pursuit of Charity: A New Adult College Romance by Alexandria Sure is a sports romance story. This story is about insecurity and accepting who you are. This story is full of emotions, you will laugh, cry and it may make you angry at times. This is my first story by this author and I loved it! I enjoyed her style of writing and her creative characters. She created a story that pulls you in from the first word and keeps you engaged until the end. She created characters that are true to life ...more
♡ Jeri's Book Attic ♡ the Romance Bibiliophile ♡

Intrigued by the Blurb I choose to read an ARC of In the Pursuit of Charity by the new to me author Alexandria Sure. The book is a rather short one that I read in one session. Her writing style and character development is very different from what I usually read so it took me a little longer to get into the story and its characters. The plot flows at a slower but very steady pace which accentuates the characters very well I felt after I allowed myself to "get into" it.

And let me also inform you
Derna
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
*** I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review ***

4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed In the Pursuit of Charity by Alexandria Sure. It was sweet romance story that was a little different from your average New Adult story. Swim team captain Lincoln has fallen for Alexis. Alexis likes Linc but can't why he would be interested in her, someone who she is sure looks different from his usual type.

The storyline told from Linc point of view was thought-provoking for sure, and I think the aut
Angela
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 Stars

In the Pursuit of Charity is a New Adult/ college romance by Alexandria Sure.
The story introduces us to Herbert Lincoln James (Linc) who has lived his life with enormous expectations thrust on him and the pressure of living up to them. But life doesn’t always go according to plan and you can’t always live up to expectations. This is why Linc feels like he has let everyone down. He can’t fulfil the expectations of him, but he also doesn’t know what he wants to do after college.
He meets and
Michelle
Aug 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Need more!

Arc provided by author for honest review. I was very skeptical to read this book. It just didn't sound like something I normally read or would enjoy. I am very happy to say I was dead wrong. I devoured this book. From the start to the finish! And now that I'm finished I want more and I need more. Ah sometimes hate cliffhangers lol.
Never Stop Reading or Dreaming
This is glorified fat shaming and ends in a cliffhanger....
Jenny
Jul 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book drew me in from the beginning. This book is written well and is about a topic most people want to ignore. It’s a beautiful story and I’m so glad I took the time to read it. My emotions where all over the place. This book will stick with you after you finish reading.
*Magic Beyond The Covers Book Blog*
Ebony
Oct 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was by far one of the best books that i have read this year!!! This is the first book that I have read by Alexandria Sure and will not be the last.

The one word that jumps out at me when thinking about this book is HONEST!!! The characters are relatable, loveable, and real. They are people that I can honestly see in the local coffee shop or anywhere else that I hang out in on a regular basis. I fell in love with both Linc & Alexis!! To me, they represent 2 sides of my self that I haven'
Carrie
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This might be considered spoilery, I'm not sure what the etiquette is here...

Ummm... I don't like cliffhangers! And I didn't know this was a prequel when I chose it! *sob*

However - it's a five star read for me. I know, crazy, right? But it's a FABULOUS story - the cadence of the writing style took me a little bit to get into, but the story pulled me right in. I felt connected to Linc right away, and loved the pacing of his getting to know Alexis. Even the missteps... But I want MORE NOW! *laug
LaDonna
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, ya, series, romance
Britt Franks Red Hatter Book Blog
I very much had a love hate with this book. I mean that whole love/hate thing swung to the extreme on both sides. When I loved it I REALLY loved it, but I have to be honest and say as a plus size woman there were multiple times I actually yelled “SERIOUSLY?!” out loud while dramatically rolling my eyes. Let me break it down for anyone who’s not part of the big girl club, when I say plus sized I mean PLUS. I got a lot of booty, a lot of hips, and a lot of just everything. Idgaf about any judgemen ...more
Monica
Jun 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.

Includes a CLIFFHANGER!!! I personally like to know ahead of time if there is one so I am not left upset at the end. Some of what I say in my review might be construed as a spoiler but I dont think so but just to put that warning out there so I dont upset anyone.

I really enjoyed the book. Its not very often we get to read books about plus-sized women. There is a vast difference between a romance novel that features a curvy or bbw and this book. You'll
Laura Furuta
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In the Pursuit of Charity: A New Adult College Romance
By: Alexandria Sure
5 out of 5 stars

The story In the Pursuit of Charity: A New Adult College Romance by Alexandria Sure is a new adult/sports romance book. This is a beautiful story about life and how sometimes what people expect of someone is the furthest thing from their minds. Herbert Lincoln James or Linc to his friends and family know all about expectations. His parents remind him of theirs all the time and his friends seem to expect that
Kaitlynn Taylor
Jul 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the Pursuit of Charity- Alexandria Sure

4 Stars Review

In the Pursuit of Charity by Alexandria Sure is a refreshing change; it’s a romance story where the athlete doesn’t date a Barbie. It’s a very well written story that completely captivated me from the start, it’s definitely original. Alexis possessed strength that people dream of and I found her to be incredibly inspirational. This was definitely an eye-opening story for me.

Linc James is a student at Michigan State who has a life changing
Nicole
Jun 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
In The Pursuit of Charity
By: Alexandria Sure
4 out of 5 stars

In The Pursuit of Charity is a beautiful, refreshing and different romance story that we all can relate to. In a world obsessed with perfection. Ms Sure writes on a insecurity that most woman deal with weight. In The Pursuit of Charity is the first book that I have read from this author. Alexandria Sure writing style is superb, warm and engaging.
Linc every ones golden boy. Captain of the collage swim team. Linc is popular and has a gr
Kristan Anderson
Jul 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the Pursuit of Charity by Alexandria Sure is a cute college romance story. Told entirely from Linc's perspective, we accompany him on his journey to get a girl to like him. Something that has never been this difficult for him before.

Herbert Lincoln "Linc" James has been a swimmer since he was two years old. He's loved everything about the water. But a little over a week ago his career ended after a disqualification from the team relay race. His popularity from being a good swimmer kept people
Angelina Frazzini
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
In the Pursuit of Charity by Alexandria Sure is a new adult college romance that tells the story of Lincoln James (also known as Linc) and Alexis Hewson. This is the first book I've read by this author and I wasn't disappointed. As soon as I started reading it, I was sucked in and finished it in almost one sitting.

Linc James has spent practically his entire life in the pool. Even though it definitely wasn't the path his mother wanted him to take, swimming is what he knows. He's also never done
Jana
Jul 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the Pursuit of Charity by Alexandria Sure is the first book I have read by this writer and it blew me away. I was so upset with the cliffhanger at the end so that I had to contact the writer and ask her if that is really it and you cannot imagine my pleasure to hear that no, this is just a prequel!!! As the next book is not there yet and I am not sure when it is coming out then I am ‘curing’ my Alexandria Sure hangover with getting her debut novel “Before Him Comes Me”.
In the Pursuit of Chari
Tracy Wilkin
Jun 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In the Pursuit of Charity is a new adult college romance and my first time reading Alexandria Sure’s work. This story is one of a struggle with self image and a man who sees only the real beauty.

The moment Linc hears her voice, he is instantly smitten. He just has to meet her face to face, and makes it his mission to do just that. A chance meeting triggers his relentless pursuit. His defensively but fragile obsession is a tougher nut to crack than he had anticipated. It was like she was immune t
Kerry Baker
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
In Pursuit of Charity by Alexandria Sure is one of the most uplifting stories of acceptance that I have read in a long time. Bold and unconcerned with convention it opens the doorway for two unlikely characters to connect and grow the bond between them.

Linc is the champion of the swim team. Leader of his group and the one everyone turns to he is worshipped by friends and teammates alike. However what they don’t know is that he is hiding behind his natural confidence. He is hiding his uncertainty
Kelli
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book Review: In the Pursuit of Charity
Author: Alexandria Sure
FIVE STARS
Alexandria Sure writes an amazing book about the swim team captain Linc and his desire to get to know a girl that really intrigues him. He finds her to be a very pretty girl and the sound of her laugh and her knowledge of sports is so attractive to him.
Linc's friends and his mother do not at all approve with his choice of girl to persue. Alexis is not the sterotypical girl that Linc has been with before. And this girl is tot
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Because of You
  • The Girl with the Broken Heart
  • In the Wake of Wanting
  • All In
  • The Recruit (MTG Agencies #1)
  • Girls on the Line
  • Save Me (O'Brien Family, #5)
  • Hide With Me
  • Vintage Dreams (Morello Cove, #1)
  • Holding On and Letting Go (The Ties That Bind Us, #1)
  • Normalish
  • Drawn to Fight: Zac & Evie (Drawn Series)
  • Any Second
  • Dreaming of Manderley (Riches to Romance #1)
Alexandria Sure is from Michigan and adores her supportive family, her two rescue pups, and her mighty Spartans. Her coffee obsession leads her to writing in local coffee shops where characters come alive between salted caramel lattes and large cups of "cold brew extra cream two Splenda," which are usually on the counter when she walks in because the baristas know her car. (Thanks, Biggby!)

When sh