Start by marking “Black Velvet” as Want to Read:

Black Velvet

With her old pack dead and buried wolf shifter Joy Sutherland leaves her beloved Akino lands to seek refuge with the Eryma pack of Timmins. When she discovers Warren, her new Alpha, is also a Dom with the skills to handle her, hope flares to life. But if she can’t convince the rest of the pack to accept her, she—and her wolf—could lose their mate forever.
Published May 16th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Black Velvet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Black Velvet

Talltree
3.5 stars!
Linda Levine
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a hot read from start to finish. Joy and Warren have this attraction that has been percolating for months and is now ready to be acted on. They both enjoy BDSM and his invitation to his club is eagerly accepted.

While the story is a pretty quick read, the author develops a great story and characters that I really enjoyed getting to know. Joy and Warren make a great couple. They are both alphas but she is willing to submit during sex. They both enjoy having their limits tested.

Joy is a sma
Cheryl Drake johnson
Oct 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Joy Sutherland was the only one left alive from her old pack and she came to Timmins where she believes she has another chance to make a good life for herself, she was a female alpha with the previous alpha even though they were not mated but now in Timmins she has been attracted to the alpha from day one and she has not made one free in all this time. She finds out that Warren the alpha has made sure that no one has bothered her but it was really because he wanted her but didn't want to have to ...more
Jennifer Tizura
Oct 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An exciting shifter read that anyone can start reading and not want to put down.
Lynda Sliger
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I've been reading Elianne Adams books a while with Kindle Unlimited and to this date she hasn't yet disappointed me in her stories. Take this book for example, it does take a little bit to heat up, but by the end I was more than satisfied with the story.

Joy is a female wolf shifter who was all set to become the female alpha of her pack. She and the pack alpha, while they weren't true mates, got along very well with each other. After an errand for another wolf, Joy returns to find her pack wiped
Apr 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Book one of the True Love: Shifters in Love Anthology Black Velvet by Elianne Adams.
Joy joins Eryma Pack after her previous Pack was killed.
Warren has wanted Joy from start but after becoming a member Warren wanted her to settle in before trying to see if she's be interested in mating.
This book has a BDSM aspect and Warren is a Dom as well the Pack Alpha. Joy is a female Alpha but also sexually submissive. This book is incredibly hot especially the BDSM parts between Joy and Warren.
Great sta
Debbie Caswell
Oct 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Joy has to join a new pack after her former pack is killed she was a joint alpha even though she wasn't mated to the other alpha. She is attracted to Warren the alpha of the Eryma Pack that she has joined but he doesn't seem interested. What she doesn't know is that he is interested he wants her as his mate but wants to give her time to settle into her new pack before he makes his move. There is plenty of hot BDSM action in this book to keep the pages turning because not only is Warren an alpha ...more
Anita Hanekom
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Joy joins the new pack after the loss of her entire pack and it just so happens that the Alpha of her new pack, Warren, shares Joy's affinity for BDSM. Their attraction is palpable but one of the things I admired most about Warren is the space he gave Joy to heal after her loss. The thing is can his pack ever accept her?

This is the first book I have read by Ms Adams and I am incredibly glad that I signed up for this ARC as I like nothing more than identifying a new author who becomes a must have
L M
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Thoroughly enjoyable story with likeable characters.
The BDSM was entertaining in that it was part of the story but not the whole and complimented well.
Loved this pack and hope Ms Adams is going to give us more about them in the future. Want to know what happens re the land purchase.
I have read this book previously but have been given it by the author for an honest review.
Liz V
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book it was a quick fun read Joy has joined the eryma pack after her previous pack was killed. Although Warren was interested in joy he wanted to let her grieve and settle in.

The book has a bdsm aspect with joy being sexually submissive as well as being a female alpha. Warren is pack leader and a dom.
The bdsm was tastefully and hotly explored and lent an edge to the book.
Lekeisha
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this quick read. Great paranormal story with an unexpected BDSM twist. I think this is the first time that I have read a book with those two elements combined. The combination worked. I thought this story had great writing, great characters and a good storyline. My only complaint is that the story ended and I want more with these characters.
Shirley Bennett
Sep 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun short story of Alpha's - Joy and Warren - Joy is a new addition to Warrens pack and they avoided their attraction while Joy recovers from the loss of her old pack. When they do come together - fire works!!! I did not see the D/s coming - but it was fun and sexy - I will be looking for the rest of this series and hope they are not all short stories!!
Miranda Whore
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was ok
An okay read.

Fairly well written, but didn't drag me in. I'd read more from the author in the future. Two stars and two wet panties.
P Leslie
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily read a Review Copy of this book. All opinion stated are solely my own and no one else's*

Black Velvet was a short but sexy read and I really enjoyed it. Joy and Warren had explosive chemistry from beginning to end. There was a small element of BDSM involving spanking, paddling and bondage but I think it added a little originality to this shifter book. I liked Joy; she's a strong alpha and I loved how she put Moira in her rightful place. Warren made me laugh with his jealous glares
LastBreath
An alpha wolf who moon lights as a Dom is believable. An alpha wolf who enters into a D/s agreement as the sub? Hmm, lemme think on that.

Black Velvet had some interesting elements. Some worked really well. Some did not fit with what I envisioned.

Overall it was ok. A little too steep in the sexual gratification for a possible stand-alone. Definitely more world building would have gone a long way.

Will it stop me from investing in another Elianne Adams book? Nah. It's just me curious on what else
Denise
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a NON-SPOILER REVIEW. Black Velvet by Elianne Adams is a stand alone read that would definitely make a yummy series starter. There is no cliffhanger ending - there are just amazing secondary characters that I would love to see again. This steamy and sexy read is Joy and Warren's story and the chemistry between the characters just pulls you into the story. I really enjoyed that Joy is a strong female heroine that knows what she wants. This is a Mature Readers Only Read. (Think a much soft ...more
Linda
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Black Velvet

This is the first time I have read anything from this author. I was pleasantly surprised. Strong characters, great storyline, but I felt it ended a little too quickly. It would have been nice what they did concerning finding their land, but I guess that gives her a twist for a continued storyline with more fascinating characters.
Juanita E. Arp
Oct 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed reading this book 📚, it has a good storyline, with Joy trying to prove herself to the wolf pack. I can't wait for information from this author. I received this book as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review.
Donna Lane
Oct 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sizzling hot! New to the pack Joy is unable to connect with the members of the pack. Is it her ? Even the Alpha, Warren, doesn't seem that interested or is he? Received a free copy and am voluntarily leaving an honest review.
Suez
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Most enjoyable !! Great chemistry, fast-paced, danger and sooo much action in and out of the play room ... definitely not-to-be-missed! This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy
Rosemary Hughes
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a great storyline, BDSM with an alpha shifter, an interesting combination, with a little bit of drama thrown in. An entertaining read.
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Oct 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Even though this is not my type of a book I give kudos to the author. It is a complete book at 83 pages but I will state I'd like to know more about some of the other characters from the story.

Patty Warren and Joy as pack Alphas I don't think you could go wrong. Now that Moira was a piece of cake and I'd like to know if there's a book for her story out there.
Judy Lewis
May 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
SEDUCTIVE AND SINFULLY SEXY !!!
Title: Black Velvet
Author: Elianne Adams
Designation: Standalone Short Novella originally released as part of The Alpha Fever Box Set, NO Cliffhanger
My Rating: FIVE DELIGHTFULLY ENTERTAINING STARS
Wow! This was definitely different than the usual fare from Elianne Adams but I really liked it - a lot! I'm a huge Elianne Adams fan and when she releases a story, I have my one-click finger ready. Anyone remotely familiar with my reviews probably knows how much I love bun
Dawn Pressel
May 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
I actually read the first few pages of this book in the Alpha Heat series, which was 21 sample reads to several stories, I wanted to read Alpha’s Temptation after reading over the sample blurb. Sadly, I couldn’t find it anywhere and had to contact the author directly to ask her. That is how I found out the book was now called Black Velvet…. I automatically pre-ordered the book with Amazon.

Alpha’s Temptation being renamed Black Velvet, is puzzling to me but I figured the author had her reasons e
Tanja
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
when joy has no real other choice but to leave her old ground because of her complete pack being slaughtered, she ends up with Eryma pack. she knew the first few days were going to be settling in, but when she started training she started noticing that everyone in the pack was avoiding her, not even making eye contact, a hello or a wave. like she didn't exist for them. the only one who finally stepped up and actually worked out with her alone was the pack alpha warren. her wolf is very intereste ...more
Debra Johnson
Black Velvet by Elianne Adams
Adult Erotic Paranormal Romance Suspense
It is a very short read but well written. I only found 1 typo, and the story flows well.
I enjoyed it, but I do have a few issues with it.
There are some items that are left unanswered and I can not find a book 2. Which means those questions will not have answers. Anyone who reads this review that knows of another book related to this one, I would appreciate it if you can let me know. I would love to read more about this world
Cynthia Gutzwiller
Jan 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Joy's old pack all died. Alpha Warren's pack took her in, but he told them to give her time to grieve before everyone goes and swarms her, man logic. She needs to feel pack all around her, but he took them all away. He then became interested in her as a mate and started growling at any man who came by her.
She took up boxing because Warren liked it. She was hoping it would give them something to talk about Then he had everyone band from the area when he was working with her.
He invited her to a cl
Jo Smith
Dec 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having read a teaser I couldn't wait to read the book, although I felt a bit off kilter waiting for the inclusion of teaser. This is the first Elianne book I have read. I loved the strength of characters, from the Alpha to the Omega, each personality was thought through and perfectly matched to the scene and plot. The story was short but sassy. A great read
Cassandra Rodgers
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Good book

As good as her Dragon series. I like Joy's character. A woman who knows what she wants and goes for it.
JaNelle
Nov 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fun

Not what I'm into but a fun read. Anyone into Dom will like this Wolfie tale. Howl all you want