Start by marking “Give No Quarter (Privateer Tales #10)” as Want to Read:
Give No Quarter (Privateer Tales #10)

Give No Quarter

(Privateer Tales #10)

Alternate cover for ASIN B01FQ57I7G can be found here: Give No Quarter

Branded criminals and on the run from the most powerful corporation in the known universe, Liam Hoffen and the crew of Hotspur have a simple choice to make. They can either cower and hide on the long since abandoned planet Ophir, or continue their mission to set right the wrongs perpetrated by a company
Published May 15th 2016 by Fickle Dragon Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Give No Quarter, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Give No Quarter

Start your review of Give No Quarter (Privateer Tales #10)
Dan
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: scifi
2017 grade A-
Series book P10

McFarlane just gets better with each book. Most of the books in the series give a feel of reading about a family, which I like very much. The people are characters the reader cares about and each is very different. Many of the previous books were compartmentalized with the family and ship housekeeping sections separate from the action sections. This one it is much more integrated, a more difficult writing task I suspect. The book does rely on previous books for some c
Tony Hisgett
This was an interesting story and in many ways it is my favourite book of the series so far. With each book the story is becoming more wide ranging and is turning into an epic space opera. However, there is one thing that really bugs me about this series.

In the previous book I was really getting fed up of Liam not being ruthless when dealing with his enemies, his inability to learn keeps getting then in awful situations. However, I am now at a point where my frustration is directed at the author
S
Apr 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
I started with the box set 1-4 and found the first two books so-so. However, try have been getting better and better as the series evolves and the writing is honed. Grittier, no longer YA, great world building with believable aliens, and some quite serious mishaps (still a bit of Deus ex machina, but greatly improved from the first 4 books). I really like the fact that not all of the key characters are equally likeable. Tabby is a truly difficult character to like, but as Liam accepts and even l ...more
Lukas Lovas
I will admit, I'm a bit disappointed by the direction the series is taking here. I enjoyed it in great part, because although it is a bit simplistic and far from Hard SF (as in, technology doesn't always make sense, etc.), it has been focused on the human interactions and it's been fun. Now however, the interstellar travel is unlocked and we are introduced to multiple alien species, one of which is of course aggressive with troops to spare and wants to eat humans.

Up until now, I was enjoying the
John
Apr 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was the 10th book in the Privateer Tales series. I really love this series. The author does a wonderful job of world building and character creation. In such a long series there are a lot of characters, but none are cookie cutter creations. They each have their own individual personality and description. I especially like the main characters Liam, Nick, Tabby, Marney, and Ada and the family atmosphere of their group. The story here is that Liam Hoffen and his crew have been branded as crimi ...more
Noodle The Naughty Night Owl
9/10: Fantastic, left me wanting more.

"Give no quarter, Marny. It's time to end this."

Another brilliant instalment. Fast-paced, action-packed, with fantastic characters you can really root for.

Like Jonathan and Tabby...

"It would seem an answer to that question would put us at a disadvantage. We are willing to admit we find your young life-mate to be fascinating." "Damn skippy you do," Tabby said.

And Jester Ripples...

"I made a funny," Jester Ripples squeaked. "My apologies, Ada Chen."

But my fave
Michael Wood
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
YA/COMING-OF-AGE BECOMES MILITARY SPACE OPERA ...

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: A YOUNG ADULT/COMING-OF-AGE SCIENCE FICTION STORY GROWS UP TO BECOME ENTERTAINING "ADULT" SPACE OPERA!

This, IMHO, is the best book in the series, so far...with a longer format, once again, McFarlane manages to add plot twists, betrayals, loyalties and technological changes that kept this reader's attention. This was a very enjoyable read, and quite a few of the formerly-loose plot lines come together in an unexpected fashion.
Nancy A. Dennis
Sep 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
Liam

I enjoyed this series, and hope it continues past book 11, The crew,Liam, Nick, Tabby, Marney, and Ada are a great group. They right the wrongs, they find in space. They made friends and enemies along their way. If you like space stories you will enjoy this one. I urge you to read them.
Denzil Ernstzen
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Still a Good Series

No matter how far you are into the series, I am still able to enjoy it. Jamie is able to keep you entertained with new characters and events that transpire with every chapter that you read.

I would still recommend this series to anybody who is interested no matter where you begin.

Drew
Jul 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
He does it again

Mr McFarlane rights a great book and this no exception, action packed with plenty of battles and ground skirmishes it’ll keep you turning the pages wanting more.

Loving the aliens whether good or bad and nice to see there not just a variation on humans.

I’m already downloading the next in the series and look forward to many more 😁
Daniel T.
Jun 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Series Just Keeps Getting Better

Liam and Loose Nuts has a final showdown with Tulis, racks up a solo rescue mission and gets Mara Protectorate in the mix. A large battle ensues with the roaches that is probably just the beginning of a longer engagement. This is an excellent series that you will love!
Adam Brooker
Jun 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aaaaand he goes BIG

If you're reading this, you've already devoured a bunch of Jamie's novels on the Privateer series. You won't regret reading this one, unless he hasn't published one after it yet. I do wonder how many flag posts I missed on the journey here, though.
Steven
Aug 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Heinlein meets A. Norton...good stuff.

A great story in the finest traditions of science fiction. Well written, engaging and satisfying. Finally, a great series with well rounded segments, not annoying cliff hangers.
Susan Wachowski
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
More!

Still reading the series from start to whatever the last book is. These are smart sf that doesn't bore me in the battles! The direction our Hotspur crew has taken is delightfully surprising and the expansion of their missions is a wild ride I am glad I am on board!
Stephen
Feb 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Here is book ten and the story keeps getting stronger and the characters and developed more. The author does a great job keeping readers reading this series. Everybook is fresh and new, the characters that you have grown to love get stronger. You'll enjoy this series. Great Reading Everyone!!!
Jeffrey Schmieder
Not the best author, but I find myself strangely addicted to the lives of Liam, Nick, and Tabby, and have to keep reading about their unlikely adventures. Every victory is coming more and more improbable, but still fun to find out about and spoiler.....we finally meet some aliens!
Doug
Aug 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book

This one packed it all in. Salvation, atrocities, vigilance, strength of character, and so many other emotions and traits I was a roller coaster car zooming through the twists and turns with abandon. Highly recommend this book.
Lori Field
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Exciting adventure

Lots to this episode in the Privateer Tales. A little light on the folks at the Cradle - exactly how did they get there, how did the system work, etc. It would have been nice to have that loop closed a little better.
Andrew J Hebert
Dec 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Privateer Tales

The Privateer Tales just keep getting better! Each of the ten stories so far has been an enjoyable read. New discoveries and great character development kept my interest and wanting to start the next installment. Enjoy
Daphne Piazza
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great series

Always leaves me wanting to read the next book. Great characters that I seem to have become attached to. ( One more word required, which is why I don't normally write a review)
Jim
Dec 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As good as the others

This book continues the adventures of Liam, Tabby, and the rest of the gang. A spy is revealed and another ship is acquired; only to be traded for repairs and supplies. OBTW the bad guys are once again defeated.
David Beck
Apr 27, 2020 rated it liked it
I'm kind of losing my enthusiasm for this series, just a little too much of everything, too many HOT women, so many evil corporations and corrupt politicians. The whole alien thing feels contrived and ill thought out.
Masters
Jul 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great story.

Aliens, space battles and adventures galore. This was another fast paced adventure in this series. Set aside some time before starting as you won't be able to put it down.
Bill
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Superb

Fast packed and high energy that will leave you breathless and wanting to turn the page. You will enjoy this book.
Duane Warren
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Superb Sci Fi

I love this series...i keep thinking this would make such a great tv series..
Cone on Amazon...make it happen..
Ok sure Jamie M. Would be on board.
Judy Llewellyn
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The human race unites

Liam finds a species that fights to the death and tries to negotiate a way to defeat them. Can he beat the unbeatable?
Thomas Tilque
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
I have read all 10 stories and they are pretty good. Not the best I've read and certainly not the worst. I recommend these stories for Young Adults and for those who want some light reading.
Ray Caron
Jan 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another great story in a new favorite series

Building on the previous books, this one moved at a frenetic pace that never stopped, continuing a really captivating series
Eric Prater
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Yahoo!

This book was great! Nice adventure,threw in some galaxy crossing gates, a little bit of lost colony mystery and Somerville alien mass whooping! Well done!

• Starship Sakira (Delphi in Space #1)
  • Delphi City (Delphi in Space #2)
  • Delphi Alliance (Delphi in Space #5)
  • Duty Calls: The adventure continues (The Duty Trilogy Book 2)
  • Delphi Station (Delphi in Space #3)
  • Delphi Nation (Delphi in Space #4)
  • The Derelict Duty: A Space Adventure (The Duty, #1)
  • Captain Caveman (Bob and Nikki #7)
  • Shaved Ape Key (Bob and Nikki #8)
  • Lost in Transit (Bob and Nikki Book 6)
  • Shady Oaks (Bob and Nikki, #3)
  • Charlie's Planet (Bob and Nikki Book 5)
  • Starfoot (Bob and Nikki, #4)
  • Bob's Saucer Repair (Bob and Nikki, #1)
  • Whammo Ranch (Bob and Nikki, #2)
  • Delphi Exploration (Delphi in Space Book 7)
  • Carthage Prime: Ace Evans Trilogy book 2
  • The Wizard's Butler

Privateer Tales (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Rookie Privateer
  • Parley (Privateer Tales Book 3)
  • Big Pete (Privateer Tales, #4)
  • Smuggler's Dilemma (Privateer Tales Book 5)
  • Cutpurse (Privateer Tales, #6)
  • Out of the Tank (Privateer Tales, #7)
  • Buccaneers (Privateer Tales, #8)
  • A Matter of Honor (Privateer Tales, #9)
  • Blockade Runner (Privateer Tales, #11)
  • Corsair Menace (Privateer Tales, #12)

News & Interviews