Start by marking “Torchlight Lullaby” as Want to Read:
Torchlight Lullaby

Torchlight Lullaby

When Ella and her stuffed mouse Winchell become trapped inside her dreams, they unwittingly create an opening between the two worlds. As the darkness of her nightmares begins invading her waking world, Ella and Winchell embark on a journey to find a way out.

Forced to cope with her greatest fears, Ella must face what she's been running from and close the door between the wo
Hardcover, 1st, 200 pages
Published April 1st 2016 by White Rabbit Comics

To ask other readers questions about Torchlight Lullaby, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Torchlight Lullaby

Start your review of Torchlight Lullaby
Christopher D
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First, for those whose attention spans last, say, 5 seconds... "Torchlight Lullaby" by Ryan Fisher - it's awesome. Two thumbs up. 5 stars. Read it. Now, if you're still with me, I do have a few more words to say on the matter. First, I need to confess something: I have been in possession of this book since March 2016, when I picked it up at Emerald City Comic Con. I was a Kickstarter backer, and had been following the chapter previews delivered during prior conventions. So, why did it take me th ...more
Amanda
Sep 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: comics
The heart of the story is what I enjoyed most, which is about dealing with grief. I found, however, the art style to be a bit inconsistent. Sometimes a character's face wouldn't match with the emotion of what they were saying, which was a bit disorienting. I also seemed to fixate on Ella's not getting dirty whilst hiking through snow or a swamp. The monster designs were quite creative and creepy. Though I liked the message at the end of the book - and it made me cry - I wish it had been better i ...more
Cale
Apr 01, 2019 rated it liked it
This is a story about a child who disappears into her dreams with her toy mouse (alive in dreams) as she comes to terms with major changes in her life. The tone is a little disjointed - the relationship between Ella and Winchell is very touching, but the dangers she runs into are slightly more disturbing than I would expect for a book aimed at younger readers. There is a big reveal that is teased early enough to make it pretty clear what's happening, but that doesn't lessen the emotional impact ...more
Christopher
Mar 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I picked up the hardcover version of this book last year at ECCC. I had the option to get the soft cover, and I’ve never been so happy to pay a little extra to get a hardcover. The book itself is absolutely gorgeous, as is the story within. Compelling, funny, and great for all ages, I consider it the best hidden gem I’ve found in ages. I cannot wait for the next thing by Ryan, I absolutely will pick it up.
Misty Ashman
Mar 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
It hits you right in the feels. When I read this graphic novel I was very much struggling with the recent passing of my dad. It helped..knowing someone or even a character could relate to the pain I felt. I couldn't put it down I read it cover to cover same day.yhe adventure pulls you in and doesn't let go. Both Winchell and Ella capture your heart and then the end brings it all together in a perfect package of awesomeness. Thank you Ryan beautiful just beautiful!
Carlo Jose San Juan
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
As a webcomic artist, I've known the author for quite a long time and have enjoyed his previous forays into comic strips. But having made the transition into writing comic books myself, I can say that Ryan Fisher's accomplishment with Torchlight Lullaby is gargantuan.

It's a thoroughly enjoyable all-ages read with tight pacing and a lovable lead character. There's a sense of urgency from the get-go which makes it a page-turner, but the comic is strongest during its slower moments when the overarc
Brian
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
**Full Disclosure: I have met the Author of this book. I know him**
Let's start with the book design. Hardcover with a great cover image. It has texture on the cover (I'm sure there's a term for that). Comes with a ribbon bookmark (again, sure there's a term for that). It has a bookplate!
Seriously, this Looks like a Book.
Now, I don't have any kids (that I know of) but, if I did, I would read this to them (maybe edit it here and there)
This is an Outstanding story of Ella (and Winchell, her stuffe
Brittany
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-age-ya-read
*this book was given to me by the author in exchange for an honest review*
I truly loved this graphic novel. Ella, our main character, is a lonely little girl. You see how she doesn't really connect with her friends at school and her only real friend is her stuffed mouse Winchell. When Ella sleeps, she is transported to a dream world. In this world, she faces adventure, but mostly danger and is accompanied by her now "living" Winchell. Through her dream journey, she realizes that she must face so
Jen
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Torchlight Lullaby is a masterfully written and illustrated graphic novel deserving of widespread recognition and acclaim. Impeccably professional in its style and presentation, with a narrative that succeeds in being funny, adventurous, inspiring, and heartwarming, and featuring illustrations that spring to life in a manner reminiscent of a cinematic experience.

I recommend Torchlight Lullaby to anyone, and to everyone, with a heart that knows joy, and an imagination that thirsts for adventure.
Robert
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Torchlight Lullaby presents itself as a fantastic adventure graphic novel with stunning art, and a well thought out and touching story.

Join Ella and Winchell on an adventure where they face fears, fight tears, and make new friends. This story will pull you in and make it hard to put down!

I love the textured cover as it feels very nice in the hand. The ribbon book mark is a fantastic addition that is quite useful, and the high quality paper inside really helps the art shine and feels nice as you
Thestevestrout
Jul 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One of my favorite indie projects I've seen recently was Torchlight Lullaby, which is a story of a young girl facing her fears and feelings with the help of her stuffed mouse, who comes alive in her dreams. It's a beautifully drawn and written fairy tale with a very Disney feel, though it differentiates by adding darker humor, which make this book entertaining to all ages from preteen to old timers. You can support and find out more on Ryan Fisher's comic atwww.torchlightlullaby.com. ...more
Jason
Jun 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have a long history and love of comics and and especially the graphic novel / trades format. I can easily add Torchlight Lullaby to the list of books I would suggest to someone looking to get into comics.

At its core this is a story about loss and dealing the grieving process after the death of a loved one. There is immense heart in this story. It is told in such a way that anyone can pick this book up and be satisfied with the story they find in their hands.
Kurtis Sasso
Aug 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A book like this comes along once in a generation. It is a book that is great not only for all ages but for those that want to slip into a world we can only recall as children. Yet, the overarching theme of this book will make anyone with a heart beating in their chest be over come with emotion... It is that powerful of a read. I would easily put this book next to Raina Telgemeier's SMILE, for the powerful effects it has on influencing people's lives...it is just that good of a book.
Michelle Wardhaugh
Lovely, really lovely.
Rita Heitz
Jul 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Torchlight Lullaby is wonderfully written and the art work is phenomenal. The story is geared towards younger audiences, but adults will be equally touched after reading it.

I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Alex
Jul 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Quite simply, this is a beautiful book with a well told story. You will fall in love with Ella and Winchell.

There's not much that I can add to the standard synopsis other than this: I look forward to what Ryan does next because this is an excellent start to a career.
Kristin
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this graphic novel! Full of adventure, humor, and even a tear or two. Also the book is incredibly well made and every last detail thought of. Would highly recommend! I will be grabbing up any and all Fisher books from here on out!
John
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A very good children's book. It also has enough to keep adults invested and a very important message for everyone.
Venessa Walker
Jul 05, 2016 rated it really liked it
it was a beautiful written book,and the characters were really funny too. i liked the inside jokes as well,great read hope for more books from him in the near future :D
Naite
Heather
Jul 25, 2016
« previous 1 3 next »

• The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse
  • QQスイーパー 1 (QQ Sweeper, #1)
  • Snow, Glass, Apples
  • Giant Days, Vol. 1 (Giant Days, #1)
  • Smoke and Mirrors: Short Fiction and Illusions
  • Why My Cat Is More Impressive Than Your Baby
  • たいようのいえ 1 [Taiyou no Ie 1]
  • Hellblazer: The Devil You Know
  • March: Book Two (March, #2)
  • March: Book Three (March, #3)
  • They Could Have Named Her Anything
  • Hellblazer, Volume 3: The Fear Machine
  • The Magicians: Alice's Story
  • The Invisibles Book One Deluxe Edition (The Invisibles Deluxe Edition, #1)
  • The Woods - Tome 2
  • March: Book One (March, #1)
  • Runaways Deluxe, Vol. 1