Start by marking “The Spiral Down (The Fall Up, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Spiral Down (The Fall Up, #2)

The Spiral Down

(The Fall Up #2)

Standalone M/M romance.

I was afraid to fly.
He made me soar.

After years of climbing the ladder of success in the music industry, I finally had everything I could want.
Yet I still found myself wandering through life alone.

Captain Evan Roth was the one man I never saw coming.
Tall, dark, mysterious… Straight.

We were both damaged beyond repair and searching for something so
Published May 14th 2016 by Aly Martinez (first published May 9th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Spiral Down, please sign up.
Aly Martinez No set date yet, but as of today I have started writing it. I would guess April or May release. I'll update with a firm date when I have one. <3

Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
5 STARS

This doesn't make you gay, Evan. It just makes you mine.

Book slump officially over! #DoublePeenForTheWin

It's no secret that I'm gaga for pretty much every Aly Martinez book that I read. There's just something about her writing that simply clicks with me. She manages to create heroes that have me head over ovaries for them each and every single time. Henry Alexander was the lovable secondary character from The Fall Up that I absolutely fell in love with. When Aly announced she'll be writ
SueBee★bring me an alpha!★

★★★★! The Spiral Down (stand-alone, book 2). Mid-air collision of super-star singer & the straight pilot he wants to seduce!

“The high that came from being with a straight man, knowing he was going against his own genetic coding just for one night with me, made every minute of the pain worth it.”

Books in The Fall Up series should be read in order:
Book 1: The Fall Up
Book 2: The Spiral down

The Spiral down (Stand-alone, book 2) picks up on a day both superstar singer and songwriter Henry A
Christy
5 stars!!!

photo 35E39307-57A5-48CB-BEE1-0B49417E63E1_zpsg3qis8zz.jpg

When I heard that Aly Martinez was writing a book about my favorite character in The Fall Up, Henry Alexander, I was ecstatic! I love all the things that Aly writes, and I couldn’t wait to read her first MM book. She did an amazing job with this story. It was the perfect combination of humor, heat, and heart.
The one thing I really wanted could never be bought. I wasn’t even sure it could be earned. It was something so rare that I feared it didn’t actually exist. Love. Unconditional
Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
Okay, I am just SO in the minuscule minority here that I don't even know what to say.

Except that it must simply be me.

description

Seriously, I don't even have anything snarky or BAD to say about this book.

I know, right?

Imagine how I feel.

But I can't say anything bad...because there is nothing bad to say.

I LOVE Aly Martinez and her writing here was flawless as always.

Her characters were quirky and funny, her pop culture hilarity was on point as usual, the story line was great...this had all of the ingredi
Jennifer Kyle
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-m-f-f-reads, arcs
4.5 “HEAVEN” STARS

description

Fans of the previous book of this series knew that Henry Alexander’s story would be something special and I guess the question for those seasoned mm readers was could Aly Martinez pull a mm read off? I’m not an expert but since I love this author and Henry there was no way I wasn’t going to give his story a try. For me, she completely pulled off a solid mm love story with snarky and steamy sex scenes all of which left a big smile on this reader’s face.

”I have millions of fans
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦

✓Pilot
✓Not gay.
✓Not straight.
✓Not enough.
✓Just wants someone to make him happy.

Henry only chases after straight men because he wants to feel special. He sets his eyes on Evan, who he thinks is straight, and pursues him relentlessly.

Evan hates labels. Having been burnt before, he resists Henry's charms for as long as he's able.
"I just wanted to be somebody's. Not gay, not straight, not
Judith
May 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

I've been eagerly waiting for this one and it definitely didn't disappoint.I haven't read the first book.I did consider it but M/F is not my thing these days.The characters from book one are,however,very well presented here and fit into the story perfectly.
I believe this is the first M/M book by this Author and as a lover of this Genre I think she's done an excellent job.The characters,sexual tension and story are very well done.

Henry is hugely successful singer.He's openly Gay but is n
Mysza
**** 4,5 stars ****

Well look at that, Aly knows how to write good M/M. For real, how much I adored this book... le sigh...

I fell hard for Henry while reading The Fall Up (which is still one of my favourites), and was super excited to read his book. I'm happy to say it didn't disappoint.

Henry is a hilarious person, I had moments when I burst out laughing all the time. But somewhere behind that funny side of him, there is a vulnerable man hiding. And Evan was exactly the person to bring it out of
Rachel Reads Ravenously
5 stars!

"I was so high on this man I wasn’t sure I’d ever come back down."

Okay Aly Martinez fans... I get it now. I totally get it. After reading two books by this author which really weren't to my reading tastes, I decided to take another chance on this one, because well... MM romance is my weakness. I eat it up! And this book was so worth the risk!!

This is the story of pop star Henry and young pilot Evan. Henry is an openly gay superstar and has a type: straight men. Evan is a pilot goin
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Nov 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing

Holy Shit! That was so fucking delicious. I loved - loved - loved this book. :)

I'm not a M/M virgin, this is my 3rd book this genre but I swear a God, it's just gets better and better with each book. :D In the begining I was kind of afraid to get into M/M books but once I start to read them I'm begining to addicted of them.

Anyway let's go back to this book. This is Henry & Evan's story. I knew Henry from 1st book (The Fall Up) and I already loved him a lot buuuut when you meet Evan -the pil
ღFloღ the coffee addict
5 **Heaven** STARS

“I was so high on this man I wasn’t sure I’d ever come back down.”

The Spiral Down was everything I had hoped it would be and more. After having read a few books by this author I can safely say Aly Martinez is a favourite. But this book? Knocked it out of the park. Just perfect.

If you follow my reviews you might have noticed me being quite fond of MM reads over the last few months. It’s really a new obsession and when I saw that we would get Henry’s book I was over the moon.
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
LIVE! http://amzn.to/1TjbZ6Y

5 "You are my exception" Stars!

photo A64751D1-98DA-4FCA-9461-6FC5F82D3F73_zps3zlifhwc.jpg

Well, mark this down as a smashing success into the MM genre for Aly Martinez. I'd anxiously anticipated this book from the minute I met Henry Alexander in The Fall Up. Henry is the flamboyant, charismatic singing partner to Levee in The Fall Up. A known gay man with a kink for straight men, I just knew this book was going to hook me with an almost guaranteed gay-for-you love story.

Henry has issues with feeling wanted... needed. Being
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4.5 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

"It's time for you to get used to the fact that I'm here to stay as long as you want me." I pressed a hard kiss to his lips.

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I had a bit of a rocky start with this series when I finished reading the first book. However, I love Aly Martinez's writing. How could I not give this one a read when it's M/M and about the lovable Henry Alexander? I just could not resist. I had to
Brandi
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed my first mm experience. The sexual tension, the story, the characters, the humor - it all blended perfectly.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 5 Stars ★★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

I bloody loved this book! I had total trust in Aly to nail it, but to actually read it and find nothing disappointing about it at all, made me a very happy reader. It had all of the elements I love in a romance - banter, sexual tension, a little angst, swoony characters and, in this case, we have two gorgeous men who you cannot help but fall for.

Henry Alexander is a superstar singer/songwriter who grew up with nothing. He has very few people that
Cristina
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm-romance
Update...

My first M/M romance...

Original review...

I'm not a fan of rating books before I read them but I hate to see a book that hasn't come out yet (and that's written by an amazing author) have such low rating because of someone's issues!

description

Learn to respect the authors and their books because at the end of the day even if we love or hate a book we have to respect and appreciate the person that has poured their heart and soul into writing it.

So here's 5 stars from me to even the scale a lit
Beverly
May 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love Aly Martinez books, love, love, love them and her first m/m more than delivered. Truthfully, I never doubted her, because she delivers the feels like no one else.

If you read The Fall Up you will remember Henry, he is Levee’s best friend. Henry didn’t have the best childhood or a family, but the makeshift family he created means the absolute world to him. So while the world sees him as a famous pop-star, he is really this broken man searching for one-of-a-kind, unconditional love.

Evan an
Amanda
Oct 15, 2015 rated it it was amazing
5 'Heaven' stars

Being an m/m reader, I'm delighted to learn that Aly Martinez finally is dipping her toe into this genre. Yowza! Since I love all her m/f books, I'm absolutely sure that I'm gonna love The Spiral Down too. Now that all my expectation are fully met and I just wanna gush on how much I love Henry and Evan.

We met Henry Alexander, a famous singer and best friend of the previous heroine, Levee in The Fall Up. Who wouldn't love this funny gay pal who had an obsession towards straight m
.Lili.
Mar 06, 2016 rated it it was ok
***Rating edit***

This one started off great.

Rockstar ✔
Rags to riches ✔
Palpable chemistry ✔
Funny banter ✔
Nice pace ✔
Damaged heroes ✔

I was loving it and then-

The plot took a nosedive.

SPOILERS AHEAD. I try my hardest not to post any spoilers, but for me to explain why I rated this book low I needed to.

(view spoiler)
warhawke
May 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Light funny m/m lovers
Genre: M/M Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone Book 2 of The Fall Up series
POV: First Person Male – Dual
Rating:

Henry Alexander was a highly successfull musician. With all the money in the world , he could have anything he wanted, but the one thing he wanted the most can't even be bought.

Evan Roth flew high above the clouds. As a pilot, neither the sky nor the land could scare him until he met someone that broke down his defenses. And it wasn't easy to soar when both of them had broken wings.

T
FMABookReviews

I loved it L.O.V.E.D. IT! I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved this book!  Not just 5 stars, The Spiral Down is one of my favorite's I have read this year!

The Spiral Down teaser
Eighth, this is the eighth book I've read from Aly Martinez. *deep breath* It tops my favorite's, like top two! I know those of you who know me are laughing your butts off right now because I am eating my words...again. "I don't read m/m". Well, let me tell you what, this has been a year of firsts for me. First, it was PNR, now M
Shile
“I fucking hated labels. Always had.
But maybe that was because no one had ever given me the right one.
At least, not until that moment.
Gay. Straight. Bi. None of them fit me the way mine did rolling off Henry's tongue.
Suddenly, it was the only label I'd ever wanted.”

Well, I actually enjoyed this more than I thought I would. Found it on KU.

MC 1

Henry is a famous, successful Musician. He's openly Gay but not interested in other Gay men. He is only interested in chasing after straight men. Henry i
Katy Loves Romance ❤️
NOW LIVEEEEE...
US ~ http://amzn.to/1qn8KkH
UK ~ http://amzn.to/1Xu3YiT

5+++ No labels needed Stars
 photo 17CB3EF4-DC98-46CC-94F9-B801E7056D00_zpsyqtj9gsj.png

Omg where do I start? First off I'll say that Aly Martinez has become a go to author over this past year and the end of last.. She just captivates me with her characters, her writing skills and this story did just that. But HOLY MOSSES I could not put it down.. Both these boys had hearts that filled the bloody sky... This story right here, had me from page 1...

So what's it about?
Henry Alexander i
Sabrina
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
We all have our kinks. You know, those little things that get our engines revving even at just the thought of them. Your mind just went naughty, didn't it? Well Henry Alexanders kink is the straight man. He's in no way hiding in the closest, but for those that are, or are even just a little curious and take a peak into that forbidden door, he loves to pull them out of that space and fuck them like a wild man before they go crawling back into their safe life. It's an adventure to him. And also a ...more
S.M. West
5 Mine STARS

I'm seriously in love with two men...what can I say? I'm still a newbie to MM reads but all I know is this was fucktastic!!! I seriously loved every delicious word.

This is the second book I've read by Aly Martinez. Like the first book in this series and my first read, The Fall Up, I loved it! And like I said last time, I MUST read more from this author. I've got several of her books on my Kindle and I'm moving them up.

Henry Alexander was the oh so unforgettable BFF in The Fall Up a
Norah Una Sumner
May 20, 2016 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: everyone
2017: I must have been high as a kite when I read this book last year.

Leaving the original review anyway because I remember liking it a lot even though it's problematic and... cringe-worthy. Sorry.

I have no idea why this book made me cry so much last night. It just did. There were some quotes that just hit me hard in the feels. And I fell in love with both Evan and Henry and I completely understood their fears. Also, such phenomenal supporting characters.
I am in awe, honestly. Best book I've re
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth

READ MY REVIEW ON THE BLOG

Ah Aly Martinez. Let's do a shorty review because this author is awesome and she deserves the praise.

I read The Fall Up Years ago and honestly wanted to read The Spiral Down soon after...but we all know how it goes - life happens and you lose sight of things that aren't bullying themselves into your life. And so...I forgot how beautiful Ms. Martinez' stories are.

I loved Henry in The Fall Up. He's such a smart, witty character, full of humor and snark and you wouldn't gu
Elle aka Leftie aka Shoebelle
*ARC received from author via TRSOR as part of book tour*

Aly + m/m = mmm, mmm...
ZOMG!!!

I may be all biased since I’m a huge Aly fan, but I cannot even begin to express how much I enjoyed this one. It’s her first foray into the world of m/m, and I’m just tickled pink about all of it…

I had a glimpse of Henry from the first book, The Fall Up. He’s Levee’s best friend. He’s out and out proud, and I really wanted to hear his story. He and Evan met when Henry’s usual pilot went out of commission, so
Paige
5 " Beyond Labels" Stars

It's official. Aly Martinez is a genius and can write anything. The Spiral Down, a standalone in The Fall Up series, was my first full length M/M romance. It was the perfect way to dip my toe in the the genre. I fell for Henry in The Fall Up and have been anxiously awaiting his story and, thankfully, it was everything I could have hoped for. Henry and Evan are prime book boyfriend material and I loved every minute of their story.

Henry has exactly one person he can count
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
I fell crazy in love with this book! I don’t read very much M/M, but when I do I’m fond of the gay guy falling for the straight man scenario. There’s just something intriguing about chasing a straight man who is denying his true desires. Such is case in The Spiral Down when the openly gay rock superstar, Henry Alexander, sets his sights on the clearly straight pilot, Evan Roth.

The Spiral Down is a fictional feast of all my favorites, and each course is served to perfection. Comedy? Check. Cocky
Turning Pages At ...: The Sprial Down (The Fall Up #2) by Aly Martinez 39 23 Jun 12, 2016 07:29AM
  • Black Hurricane (Boston Boys, #3)
  • Finley (Sunset Cove, #1)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • All Note Long (Perfect Harmony, #3)
  • Hello Forever (Hello Goodbye, #2)
  • At Peace (War Trilogy, #3)
  • Fall For Me (The Rock Gods, #1)
  • Cherish & Blessed (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #4 & #5)
  • Stay (Blackcreek, #2)
  • Infamous (Famous, #2)
  • The Making of Matt (Souls of the Knight, #3)
  • Slave to the Rhythm (The Rhythm, #1)
  • Rhapsody (Bellator Saga, #5)
  • Lead Me Home (Fight for Me, #3)
  • Unraveling Josh (Ellery College, #3)
  • Mature Content (Cyberlove, #4)
  • The Backup Boyfriend (The Boyfriend Chronicles, #1)
  • Who We Are (Bear, Otter, and the Kid, #2)
Born and raised in Savannah, Georgia, Aly Martinez is a stay-at-home mom to four crazy kids under the age of five- including a set of twins. Currently living in South Carolina, she passes what little free time she has reading anything and everything she can get her hands on, preferably with a glass of wine at her side.

The Fall Up (2 books)
  • The Fall Up (The Fall Up, #1)
“I fucking hated labels. Always had.
But maybe that was because no one had ever given me the right one.
At least, not until that moment.
Suddenly, it was the only label I'd ever wanted.”
6 likes
“I'd like to meet the pilot before we take off. Get his credentials and all. Maybe he's willing to take a bribe."
"A bribe? Henry, if the plane crashes, he's going to be dead too. I'm pretty sure survival is more than enough incentive for him."
"Maybe, but what if he has a massive gambling debt and needs the life insurance money to take care of his twelve children and handicapped wife?”
4 likes