Start by marking “F*cking Awkward” as Want to Read:
F*cking Awkward

F*cking Awkward

24 Authors. Awkward Sex. Epic Cause.

Romance done right is full of beautiful and awe-inspiring sex, where the only noises are gasps of pleasure, and changes of position happen smoothly and effortlessly.

But what happens when it all goes wrong?

This collection of short stories will bring you back to the real world, where you laugh to keep from crying, because sometimes, it's
336 pages
Published June 7th 2016 by Taryn Plendl Books

Jacqueline
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5/5 stars

HOLY SHIT THIS WAS HILARIOUS!
I had tears streaming down my face at moments from laughing so hard! I enjoyed all of the stories and really love the fact the proceeds go to charity. I haven't read an anthology ever but I am so happy I read this one. PLUS my babes aka Clementine and Gavin from Dearest Clementine was featured which had me dying.
Highly recommend if you need a good laugh!
Jaclyn
Sep 21, 2016 rated it liked it
*3.5*

Super fun and super awkward!

This is a book made up of 24 different short stories from different authors all surrounding the most awkward and hilarious sex scenes imaginable. Some of them had me laughing hysterically and cringing in the best way possible while a few had me just reading through. It's a really light, fun, and quick read. And all the proceeds go to charity! So you get some good laughs, and it's for a good cause, what's not love about that?!

I haven't read any of the books some
C.M. Foss
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I had so much f*cing fun writing this and working with these incredible f*cking authors! Every story made me cry in laughter at the same time that I wanted to hide in a hole and cry in embarrassment. Clearly, it's a must read.
Trudy Stiles
May 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Jake Lewis! Ahhh!!!

Love him and I maybe you'll see more of him in future Epic Fail stories ;)

Merged review:

This has to be one of the best collaborative projects I've worked on in a long time! I loved this experience and working with these incredible authors. Such talent! I'm so happy and humbled! I hope you love all of our stories as much as we do. Keeping it super awkward and fun! Enjoy!
lucie
Oct 29, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: in-english, 2016
This book is a collection of short stories about awkward sex scenes. I picked this up because I was sick of perfect alfa male characters in books I have read recently. It was a nice change to read that not every sex ends with multiple orgasm on both sides.

description

Some stories were so hilarious that I laughed loud (Side Tracked), some I just read through and some were really hot (Sunburned) – at least at the beginning.

I expected that the stories will be quite similar but in fact every one of them is un
Lex Martin
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I have a Clementine and Gavin novella in this collection. I think you're gonna like it! If you haven't read Dearest Clementine, that's okay. It reads as a standalone. xoxo
Lydia H
May 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading an advance copy of HJ Bellus' installment in this anthology and let me just say — HILARIOUS!!! Completely awkward and not to mention mortifying!!! I can't wait to read Scout's full story in HJ's upcoming, full-length novel: I Shaved My Legs for This?
Crystal
Review of After the Treehouse by Dina Littner

Dina Littner sure packs a powerful punch in this short story. We first met Jillian, Caden and James in First Kisses, her first short story published. I was so excited to hear that we would be getting more of their sexy story in After the Treehouse. Dina did not disappoint. Since the theme of this anthology was awkward sexual situations, what could be more awkward than Jillian and these two brothers. The event that may or may not have happened in this
Ashleigh Wilson
*HOT HANDS BY K. LANGSTON*
This short story was super cute and totally relatable in the sense that everyone has an awkward experience like this when in a long term relationship. That's what made it so enjoyable. I think all parents can relate. It definitely makes me want to pick up the MINE series to read more about Maddie and Holden.

*DEFINITELY A J NAME BY CM FOSS*
This short story was absolutely hilarious. I loved Emily's personality and awkwardness of the situation. I found it light and funny
Quirky Omega
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: anthology
This book ranged from

to

with heavily sprinkled peeping toms

Despite the few adorable moments here and there, I didn't really laugh. I cringed, felt nauseous, felt shocked and angry but never laughed
Lelyana
Jun 09, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016, made-me-laugh
Funny and awkward. This is entertaining and very light.
Recommended if you have no idea what to read after an angst book.
Lightening up the mood instantly.
Good pick.
Heather Carver
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Is There a Baby In This Cup!

5 stars

This book is funny. I loved watching Tristan sweat about what he has to do. Then for him to mess up the most important step. He then has to figure out what to do. He can't let Kirsten down. Will he be able to do his one job? Or will he mess it up?

After the Treehouse

5 stars

I loved this story!!! I fell in love with James in First Kiss and I still love him! I also love Caden. I cannot wait to read more about Caden, James and Jillian.

These three experienced ki
Loz
May 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
i didn't read all of the short stories but the ones i did read had me laughing and cringing in all the best ways they intended! this book kinda made my day if i am honest.

'with this ring..' by taryn plendl was a great start off. how embarrassing and yet utterly hilarious for this to happen to our couple.

'side tracked' by aly martinez stole the show hands down. i haven't read 7 pages that i loved so much in forever. classic aly right here! this was everything i expected from the title of the coll
EscapeNBooks
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
After the Treehouse by Author Dina Littner is a short story contained in the F*cking Awkward anthology.

I love these short stories we continue to be gifted with from Author Dina Littner. I was first introduced to Jillian, Caden, and James in First Kisses where they each experienced their first kiss. After the Treehouse was a follow up to the kiss and was quite a hot piece. I love Dina's writing, how she can write words that bring me directly into a story and make me so attached to the characters
Di Covey
Jun 06, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a free copy of "After The Treehouse" by Dina Littner. I purchased a copy too, it's for charity, so grab yours now.

After The Tree house is the aftermath of a first kiss, two brothers, one girl, and the awkwardness of what's to come. I loved this part, it's like remembering all the butterflies and lust filled thoughts from your first kiss. I'd love a full length novel, I bet it could be angst filled. Could they all stay best friends without breaking any hearts?

Dina, get to writing. Re
Dina Littner
May 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
F*cking Awkward is F*cking Fun!

This book. These stories. Holy make-me-spit-out-my-milk because there's some funny stuff happening in these pages.

Seriously (well, as much as I can be), I'm honored to be included in this anthology of talented authors who call sex out for what it often is: F*cking Awkward. Think about your sexual experiences. Were they all romantic perfection? I'm a gambling girl and I'll bet on: Not Even Close.

I hope you enjoy the f*cking fun. Thanks for reading our collection. P
Tammy Cole
May 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review of: After The Treehouse by Dina Litner

I was beyond excited to read more from Dina. I fell in love with these characters from her first published work, First Kisses. These three characters had me hooked and I was dying to know what happened after their first kiss.

This is a perfect story for this anthology as this scene couldn't be any more awkward for teenagers. The story was hot and sexy and I can't wait to read more from Dina.
Mayas
May 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Review for With This Ring by Taryn Plendl

Nick took his surprise to an entirely different level. I don't think I laughed that hard at someones pain in a LONG time. At least he tried for Chelsea given his past but the flogger and emergency room visit was one for the ages.

"I think we should cut it off".... I could just imagine his face after that statement.

"Maybe next time"..... Psst, bulls***. After waking from the trauma my boy Nick is done being romantic.

Perfect scene.
Michelle (Michelle's Book Ends) Shealy
"He was so sweet in the treehouse. But now? Now he's back to being the normal jerk teen-guy he is every other day. Oh. Back to normal. That's good. The fact that he has new ammunition? Well that's not good at all. Just because we shared a moment together doesn't mean he can treat me like a sex object. I mean, a kiss isn't sex."..........

If you've not read "First Kisses" by Dina Littner, you really should. This short story takes place after that one and after the "First Kisses."

What happens on t
Kaitlyn
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This review is for It Started With a Drink by BA Wolfe. I absolutely love Mel and Moose, or well TJ in this story. And this was a hilarious story! Mel and Moose have never really seen eye to eye but both love Cassie. And let me tell you, Mel must really love Cassie! Through one heck of an awkward encounter I was laughing to the point I was almost in tears! Everything that could go wrong did! But at the end there have was hope for these two. Plus it got me excited for their story out later this y ...more
Jeannine Allison
May 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: made-me-laugh
description

Yep, this got pretty awkward. But it was so freaking funny!!! I dare you to read this and not crack a smile anywhere.

description

I don't think it's possible. But anywho... this is definitely worth it. I will pretty much buy anything if it's for a good cause (under $20), even if I won't necessarily use it or like it, I just love when people/companies do this. So when I found out a couple of my favorite authors were coming together in this collab and it was only $1!!!! hell yeah, I jumped on it.

Some were awe
Hi'D's Book Hub
May 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What an brillant calibration!!

I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of K.L. Langton's short story "HOT HANDS". I was literally crying tears and laughing my a** off while reading it! Maddie and Holden's story is so relatable! (Something very similar to this may or may not have happened to someone I know...wink wink!) I can't wait to read the rest of the "F*cking Awkward" anthology! P.S. If you haven't read the MINE series you need too! This is just a tiny glimpse into Maddie and Holden's steamy st
Amy
May 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
After the Treehouse

Awww!! Jills is still reeling from the kiss, she doesn't want things to get awkward, but she has this funny feeling and needs clarification as to what it is. She calls on James and Caden, only to have another first knocked off her bucket list.

I'm anxious to see where this leads too.
Angel
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I had the privilege of reading Amanda Maxlyn's short story of
A Night to Remember. let me just say It was halarious and so so awkward, I couldn't stop laughing. I am looking foward to this full anthology for sure.
I will edit and update review after reading all stories.
Ashley Hedden
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read After the Treehouse by Dina Littner. I thought this was a great quick read. This story picked up right where First Kisses left off. The story gets steamier as everyone goes through more firsts. I loved reading this story and can't wait to read more by the author.
Nancy Metsch
May 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I only read Trudy Stiles part. And it was amazing. The Epic series is amazing
D.C.
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Trudy Stiles' story and it was amazing. So funny and just perfect. I loved it, and cannot wait to see what everyone else has in store for us.
Misty
Aug 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-3-stars

This is a book that is made up of 23 short stories all about awkward sex scenes. Because it is just a bunch of short stories you don't really connect with any of the characters but it was a fun and quick read.

All of these stories are awkward and for the most part they were funny although some of them were way funnier than others. I think it could have used some more editing and some of it was a little repetitive but overall I thought it was a fun read plus its for a good cause because
 Lissa Smith Reads'~Bookaholics Bookshelf Reviews
3 Stars:
Who hasn't has some awkward f*cking moments in there life time.....?? It great these authors got together in the name of charity but the charity was never mentioned..... Why???

For the most part this anthology was very entertaining and witty. Only a couple of F*cking Awkward moments made me laugh out loud.

However, a couple made me cringe... As and adult and the mother of a teenager daughter... I was more than disturbed to be reading about teenage masturbation. That was just to perv for my
Kristen
May 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I read After the Treehouse, in the F*cking Awkward-Anthology and OMG was it awkward to the max.The things these characters get themselves into, makes me want to know what they are liek as grown ups. Now, Jillian is a sweet innocent 15 year old, who just moments before this piece picks up had gotten her first kiss from not one, but two of her best friends, who are also brothers. Caden and James make me a little cougar-ish for wanting them, but man oh man, they didn't make boys like that when I wa ...more
Goodreads Librari...: Link to my GR author account 7 34 Jun 15, 2016 03:08PM
  • Claimed by Her Web Master (Web Master, #3)
  • Threefold
  • Five Days Until You (One Week Girlfriend, #4.5)
  • Three Grizzlies Gruff (Bear-y Spicy Fairy Tales #3)
  • The Friend Zone: Chloe and Skye (The Friend Zone, #1)
  • Willow (Flower Child, #2)
  • Her Valiant Dragon (Her Biker Dragon #1)
  • Welcome to E. Mayberry
  • Release By Treaty (Qui Treaty Collection, #1)
  • Finding Charity
  • Rules of Seduction
  • The Firework Exploded (The Holidays, #3)
  • What's Left of Us (What's Left of Me, #2)
  • Confessions of a Mail Order Bride: Complete Edition: BBW Paranormal Shape Shifter Romance
  • The Prince's Ex
  • Yummy Addictions (The Yummy Trilogy #1)
  • Dom
  • Alpha Bear Detective
Taryn is a USA Today Bestselling Author who is also a lover of books and wine, usually enjoying them together. Writing has been a way for her to step away from chaotic reality and live a bit through her fun and sometimes damaged characters. You will almost always find a Happy Ever After at the end of her stories. She can't help it, it's an addiction.
She enjoys spending time with her friends and fa