Start by marking “Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2)” as Want to Read:
Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2)

Goddess of Spring

(Goddess Summoning #2)

Lina's trendy bakery in Tulsa is proving to be less than lucrative, and she must come up with a plan. When she stumbles upon an Italian Goddess cookbook, Lina can't help but think she's found the answer to her problem—even if it means invoking a goddess to save her business.

Soon enough, Lina finds herself face-to-face with Demeter, who has a plan of her own. She proposes
Mass Market Paperback, 360 pages
Published August 3rd 2004 by Berkley Sensation

To ask other readers questions about Goddess of Spring, please sign up.
Dani You can most definitely read this as a stand-alone:) The thread tying the series together is simply the goddess/myth theme!…moreYou can most definitely read this as a stand-alone:) The thread tying the series together is simply the goddess/myth theme! (less)

Start your review of Goddess of Spring (Goddess Summoning, #2)
Stacia (the 2010 club)
Mar 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: romance readers who are looking for non-perfect or over 40 heroines
Recommended to Stacia (the 2010 club) by: Carina
~Lina as Persephone~

How wonderful is it to find a book about soul-mates where the coupling is actually focused on two people loving the soul of another person, and not about two people being brought together by some sort of instant connection?

Before I go into what I really liked, two other things :

1. The amount of Batman references were horrible. And annoying. Repetitive gushing - STOP IT. Besides, when is cape wearing a "romance hero thing?"
2. While I did sigh heavily at mentions of the
Holly
Nov 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: p-c-cast
Middle aged Carolina Santoro has just discovered that her struggling bakery is heavily in debt to the IRS. Trying to rework her menu to attract more business, she's poring over old cookbooks one night and after several glasses of wine she unknowingly invokes the aid of Demeter, the Goddess of the Harvest. It's perfect timing for Demeter needs a host body to place her daughter, Persephone, the Goddess of Spring. She wants her daughter to grow a little, away from her influence. Demeter promises ...more
Heather
Dec 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Re-read 5/7/2015

Ahh, oh Hades. You make me wanna be bad. This is my favorite out of the Goddess Summoning books. Everyone should read it.

I absolutely adored this book! Who would've thought anyone could make Hades sexy?!?
Clara
Jul 19, 2012 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and I've never read a book in one go and so fast! Literally couldn't put it down. P. C. Cast has created a wonderfully enchanting take on the once thought "gloomy" Underworld. It's very refreshing.
I really liked the heroin. Lina was smart, funny, strong and kind. It's so nice to read a fantasy romance novel where the heroin is someone you can admire and even relate to, instead of someone to mock and who you find to be completely stupid. I also thought her friend
Charissa Sophia de la Rosa
Alex is The Romance Fox
Goddess of Spring was first book by P.C. Cast that I have read… (curious to know what pc was …so for those of you like me who want to know, it’s Phyllis Christine) , I had no idea if it was going to be a good read or not. Greek gods & goddesses..well I do love Sherrilyn Kenyon’s Dark Hunter Series so I why not read a different take on this genre of mortals and mythical beings get together.

The story has an interesting premise of an older mortal heroine (yes quite a lot older, but more about
Allison
Oct 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nicole
Aug 18, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, fantasy
Rtc
Junie Leaf
Jun 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: all people who love a good side of Hades, and persephone/Hades story lovers
Recommended to Junie by: Good reads
I loved this book. I would have to say, it's my most favorite of all the series. I just loved how Hades was portraited. Spent 2 hours reading this and I finished. I was acutally surprised at how Lina came to hell, but it was briliant. Hades was not the bad guy, not like in most stories, instead, he was the myterious, yet kind soul who was just looking for a soul mate. THe part where he said 'One thing humans know better than Gods is how to love.' I just fell in love with him on the spot.

Lina I
Megan
Sep 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed the first book in this series, Goddess of the Sea, but this one was about a million times better (in my opinion). Another great thing about this book is that the series is loosely tied to together by a common theme, so it doesn't matter if you read them all in order or just any single book. The beginning was just a tad slow, but it wasn't too bad and it picked up quickly. This book is Beauty and the Beast with Hades and Persephone, only better. I loved everything about this book. It ...more
Kai
May 25, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gods
I've never been interested in reading PC Cast books before, but now I've changed my mind. This book changed it. It has such a nice blend of romance and fantasy all rolled into one that you can't stop reading and finding out what happens next.

And I won't probably look at Hades the same way again after reading this book.

He'll forever be the Sexy, Sexy Batman, like what Lina would say.

I love how this book showed Hades not just as a God, but someone who feels, someone who can fall in love and get
Marija
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I cannot describe how much i liked this book. It made me smile. It made me cry. It angered me so much I had to shout. And I loved every page of it. I added a new character to my Favorite smoking hot, lick your fingers, drool all night studs.:)
Rana
Feb 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Raise your hand if your wanted this book to never end! *raises both hands*

Seriously, I wish P.C. Cast could have stretched it a little bit longer. Once I read that the novel revolved around Hades & Persephone, whether it was good or terrible, I felt like I shouldn't rush reading it. And I.. I.. Kind of... Did...

description

Carolina is a middle aged women trying to overcome her bakery's heavy debt to the IRS. Her bakery, Pani Del Godess, meant a lot to her and she would do anything not to lose it, even
Hannah Smyth
Oct 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-it
As always, it was amazing.
Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!}
Jan 04, 2012 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: those who love fluff, and mancandy
Recommended to Rabbit {Paint me like one of your 19th century gothic heroines!} by: Traci
Traci
This book downright offended me. Once again we have the same cut-and-dry story about a middle age midlife crisis woman who has an awesome grandma and parents that never really get mentioned because the grandma is Just So Awesome, who lives in Oklahoma, yadda yadda.

This woman, Lina, is the only protagonist in a book by Ms. Cast that I have read that doesn't have a Cherokee awesome grandma, so I guess I should take what I can get.

But anyway, boo-hoo, she picked an accountant without making sure he
Rachel
Aug 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is the second installment of the Goddess Summoning series. It's a twist of the Persephone / Hades story. Recap if you don't know the greek myth: Persephone (the goddess of spring) gets tricked into staying in the underworld by Hades (god of the underworld) by eating six seeds. Demeter (her mother) gets pissed and tattle tales to her brother Zeus (king of the gods). Persephone then must stay in the underworld for six months because she ate six seeds. The end. I recommend reading the ...more
Alex
Sep 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is by far my favourite of the series! This installment of the Goddess Summoning series tells the story of Hades and Persephone - Goddess f Spring - only that Persephone is not really Persephone: Her mother, Demeter, switched her soul with that of a 43-year old mortal woman from mondernday Tulsa (USA) in order for her daughter to mature in the real world. While the sould of the Goddess of Spring rests in Tulsa, the mortal Lina resides within the goddess' body and travels to the underworld in ...more
Catarina
Feb 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with this book since I read it and since that happened I've read it 3 more times due to how awesome and well written it is!!! I must give my congratulations to the author because this series it definitely one of my favorites!

It has the heroine that I really like but kinda kept imagining her ugly.... I don't know why! Because she's not! I keep imagining her old! (I'm 18 so...) and then I "see" Hades this handsome God of The Underworld that is.. well immortal. But apart from that I
 Artemis
May 19, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was a page turner! I loved it from start to finish! It was my Favorite out of the Goddess Summoning series!
Belinda Boring
Dec 18, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMGSH!! Review to come
Jess the Romanceaholic
Tasneem
I loved this story of Lina and Hades. They were perfect together, and I loved that she got to live out her mortal life and then go back to Hades as the Queen of the Underworld to stay for ever more instead of the 6 months a year as arranged via Demeter and Persephone. I loved Persephone too, she was so much more than an air-head. I loved how the two women made so much difference to their respective new homes and bodies. I loved Eurydice, and the way different myths were woven into the story. I ...more
Hollie
Jan 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011
We all know the story of Hades and Persephone and how she spends six months on the surface with the Gods and Goddesses on land (spring and summer) and the other six months in the Underworld with Hades (autumn and winter). Well this is a new and interesting take on that story.

Meet Lina, the owner of Pani Del Goddess a small bakery in Tulsa Oklahoma. A bakery that is doing less than stellar. Desperate for "divine inspiration" Lina starts searching for new recipes to showcase in her bakery. One
Mari
Apr 15, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, 2019

I'm trying out some Hades and Persephone retellings. I've been a little put off of them in the past because the original myth has some elements that are not for me. That said, this was fun! I loved all the descriptions of the underworld, I liked the mortal in a god's body bit, I liked that Hades was a little broody and had a temper, but wasn't a, you know, kidnapper rapist.

The writing was a little simplistic and repetitive at points, but it made it readable. Had I spent more time with
Allyson
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing romance between two people that could never happen. Lina owns a small bakery in Tulsa, Oklahoma, and when she finds out she owes a lot of money to the IRS, she has to find out a way to come up with that money. She buys some cookbooks from her local bookstore and begins thinking up more choices for her menu. Without knowing, she calls upon the Goddess Demeter for help. Demeter has a proposition of her own and decides that Lina and Persephone, her daughter, will trade places for ...more
Andrea
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018-read
I absolutely loved this!! Lina was such a great character and I related to her on so many levels. She was so mature and it was really refreshing from a lot of immature YA characters. Plus her bakery sounded absolutely amazing!! I loved how Lina talked and interacted with animals. It was so adorable to see "terrifying" animals vie for Lina's attention.

Plus Hades is in this!! Hades is constantly overlooked in other myth stories and I loved seeing this re-imagined version of the Persephone and
Christa
“Is it not better to experience even a small amount of happiness, than none at all?”

The myth of Hades and Persephone is a personal favorite. So I loved this retelling. If you aren’t a fan of Greek mythology retelling however, this one may be lost on you.

Lina is a responsible bakery owner who comes to Demeter’s attention. Her daughter Persephone is immature, and Demeter does a freaky-Friday body swap with them so Persephone can grow up. She didn’t ask for Lina’s opinion.

Greek gods suck.

But
Rita
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Original, interesting and mesmerizing.
Maggie
Aug 15, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: goddess, fantasy
Childish romance. Not my taste at all. I mistakenly read this thinking it would be about goddesses which it was, in a lighthearted way, but far too immature and ridiculous for me. I think the author has written a crappy romance and just used the setting of Persephone and Hades as a backdrop for the tale.

• For the Love of Hades (Loves of Olympus, #2)
  • That Fatal Kiss
  • Daughter of the Earth and Sky (Daughters of Zeus, #2)
  • Receiver of Many (Hades & Persephone #1)
  • Hot as Hades
  • The Iron Queen (Daughters of Zeus, #3)
  • Persephone (Daughters of Zeus, #1)
  • Destroyer of Light (Hades & Persephone #2)
  • Seeds Volume One (Seeds, #1)
  • My Heart's in the Highlands
  • Seeds Volume Two (Seeds, #2)
  • A Time & Place for Every Laird
  • The Spider Queen
  • The Darkest Whisper (Lords of the Underworld #4)
  • Entreat Me
  • The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1)
  • The Darkest Pleasure (Lords of the Underworld #3)
  • Rode rozen en tortillas & De liefde van don Júbilo
PC was born in the Midwest, and grew up being shuttled back-and-forth between Illinois and Oklahoma, which is where she fell in love with Quarter Horses and mythology (at about the same time). After high school, she joined the United States Air Force and began public speaking and writing. After her tour in the USAF, she taught high school for 15 years before retiring to write full time. PC is a #1 ...more

Goddess Summoning (7 books)
  • Goddess of the Sea (Goddess Summoning, #1)
  • Goddess of Light (Goddess Summoning, #3)
  • Goddess of the Rose (Goddess Summoning, #4)
  • Goddess of Love (Goddess Summoning, #5)
  • Warrior Rising (Goddess Summoning, #6)
  • Goddess of Legend (Goddess Summoning, #7)
“Hades was the personification of dark and dangerous--a living, breathing Batman.” 61 likes
“But will they be together again? If they're reborn as new people with no memory of their previous lives, how can they find each other?"

"Soul mates will always find each other. Do not weep on their behalf...they will be together again."

"Do you promise?" Lina's voice trembled with emotion.

"I promise, sweet one. I promise.”
36 likes