Start by marking “The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Necromancer's Dilemma (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #2)

The Necromancer's Dilemma

(The Beacon Hill Sorcerer #2)

Even love can die without trust.

Angel’s brother, Isaac, has returned home, and the pair begin to make slow and awkward attempts back to each other. Learning how to be a brother to a grown man instead of a parental figure has Angel adjusting his behaviors and habits, and Isaac still remains a mystery. Was it merely entering adulthood that turned Isaac away from an overprote
Published July 1st 2016 by SJ Himes

To ask other readers questions about The Necromancer's Dilemma, please sign up.
Katrina Passick Lumsden From S.J. Himes: [ Daniel and Isaac will both have their own stories. Isaac first, then Daniel. Book #3 is still about Angel and Simeon, then the boys…moreFrom S.J. Himes: [ Daniel and Isaac will both have their own stories. Isaac first, then Daniel. Book #3 is still about Angel and Simeon, then the boys will get theirs,…more Daniel and Isaac will both have their own stories. Isaac first, then Daniel. Book #3 is still about Angel and Simeon, then the boys will get theirs, then back to Angel and Simeon. I have 6/7 books planned.(less)

Shin Mon Thway
I really really hate S.J. Himes now .. 😂😂😂

Why would you let me leave hanging like that? The whole book has been incredible. I really really loved the whole read and this second book is even better than the first one. So many unanswered questions from book one are solved and I'm very happy that the mate bond between Simeon and Angel has finally completed.

The story line is very intriguing and beautiful. However, after reading this book, I can't help but longing for the love stories about Fae. And
Barbara➰
Reread November 2018

Still love it...even though it's only been a few months since I read it last lol.

Reread May 2018

I love this series and I really hope book 3 is out soon. There’s some unresolved issues that need addressing!

Originally read November 2017

This was a continuation of Angel and Simeon's story but really, it's about a lot of characters finding their way in this supernatural world and coming into their own. As always, I wish we had more actual "couple" time but it didn't bring do
* A Reader Obsessed *
4 Hearts!

I must say that this is fast becoming a favorite, showcasing a top notch urban fantasy that boasts sorcerers, vampires, trolls, fae lords, and last but not least, a squee worthy, small, but spunky dragon. This continues to play on my nostalgia for when I gobbled up series like Sookie Stackhouse, Anita Blake, and Mercy Thompson. If you liked those stories, I don’t think you’ll have any complaint about this at all.

Basically, this is the continuation of the life and times of Angel, new mat
Deborah
Oct 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Re-read 2nd - 3rd January
With the fourth book Mastering the Flames on the horizon I thought I’d do another re-read.

Re-read 30th May - 31st May.
Absolute brilliant, it’s straight onto Reckoning for me now 🤗

Original review.

I actually think this book is better than the previous one and this author is seriously messing with my rating curve.

All the same characters are here and yes we get loads of Angel and Simeon together.
Angel and Simeon are stronger than ever as their bond continues to grow.
Issac i
Meags
4.5 Stars

Angel and Simeon are epic AF!

Himes has created quite the memorable pairing in sorcerer/vampire lovers Angel and Simeon. Their romance is very passionate and sexy and downright swoon worthy at times, and when shit hits the fan and life threatening events start encroaching on this mated pair, my heart quickens and I start to panic, much like the characters themselves, because the idea that either could be hurt or worse is just unacceptable.

I enjoyed the first story in this urban fantasy
Parvathy
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-book-reviews
4.5 Stars!

The Necromancer's Dilemma is the continuation of Angel and Simeon's story and yet another unforgettable book in the series. In this book we see how their bond and their relation grow.

Angel and Simeon's beautiful bond and their chemistry is very evident right from the first page. I loved that their relationship and their love grew stronger in this story and what I loved the most is the unconditional support and love they give each other. No matter what the circumstance they both are
Elise ✘ a.k.a Ryder's Pet ✘
⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱*An alright second book*⋰⋱⋰⋱⋰⋱

We're back with the only necromancer in all of Boston Angelus ‘Angel’ ‘Sorcerer Salvatore’ Raine Salvatore (apparently 29, though I thought he was 30 but he doesn't turn 30 until the bonus read in the end) and Elder and vampire, Simeon ‘Celt’ (over 400 years old). They are now ‘bonded’, though not fully yet, but getting stronger. This time around Angel has accepted a case about a serial killer who's not easy to catch.
Simeon was at times odd, even for Ang
Eugenia
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Re(read): Audiobook 6/7/18
Superb narration by Joel Leslie! I enjoyed it just as much, if not more than the first read. Well, I would have enjoyed it more had I not come down with food poisoning on the airplane while listening to this!!

Original review:
Fantastic follow-up to The Necromancer's Dance!

Wow! What a great, action-packed paranormal read. I enjoyed this one much more than the first in the series--and I really liked the first one!

After meeting Simeon and Angel in The Necromancer's Dance, w
Jenni Lea

Holy shit, I loved the fuck outta this book!

This was fantastic and I'm definitely hooked. The story flowed seamlessly. The writing was superb, even with the few proofreading errors I saw. The story was packed with action yet still allowed room for romance.

The romance! Ah, God, the romance! One of the things I loved most about Angel and Simeon was how tactile they were with each other. Every little gesture, every little touch spoke volumes of the love these two have for each other.

That ending, t
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Gahhh. I loved the first book in this series, but I was really worried that the lack of a budding relationship would make this one less enjoyable for me. Usually, reading about established relationships turns me off because there's no building tension. But damn it, this book is just as good as the first, and I can't wait for the third.

One thing I did have a problem with, however, were all the damn mistakes. Shit like "lifetime athletes" (lifelong), "outta" used for "ought to", commas between sp
Bitchie
I really enjoyed this second book in the series. While I did feel that book 1 felt a bit rushed, relationship wise (or rather that a lot of it took part before the book actually started), since that relationship is already firmly established here, I didn't have that issue this time.

I do enjoy this universe, with vampires out and proud, and magic very much a part of the world, even down to meeting the Fae. I worry that Angel might be becoming too powerful, what with him being the only necromancer
Bev
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

This is even better than the first book with lots of Angel and Simeon time. These two are such badasses, and a total powerhouse together. Himes characters are just in a different league. The way they love each other, can you say swoon.

This is still one of the best PNR/Fantasy series I have ever read, along with Himes’ Wolfkin Saga. There’s authors and story tellers then there’s S.J. Himes. ‘Nuff said.

All the stars for this entire series.
Viv
Jul 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
I'm not a big paranormal/vampire fan, but this book (and the first one) was very good. The writing is excellent and the story is imaginative. The bond between Angel and Simeon is well done.

I'm hoping the next book will deal with Angel's brother, Isaac, and the Master vampire, Batiste. I'm reallylooking forward to reading additional books in this series.
❧Gwendolyn❧A Bookish Berkeley Girl❧
Wow..'Wonderful!

This book has a Wee Beastie Dragon Lovin' Inside!

GOSH, I LOVED THIS WORLD SO HARD!

Jenni Lea
Jan 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What the fuck am I supposed to listen to now?
Jewel

I want a pocket dragon.
BWT (Belen)
4.5 Stars

I really enjoyed The Necromancer's Dance and I have been impatiently waiting for the audio for The Necromancer's Dilemma to be released.

SJ Himes' world building is a combination of paranormal romance and urban fantasy that is really compelling. Combined with Joel Leslie's character voices and emotional performance of the material and I am in listening heaven.

Told again from Angel's POV The Necromancer's Dilemma is full of action, sexy steaminess, engaging characters, and an engrossing s
Jennifer☠Pher☠
I could read books like this all day long.

I want my very own Wee Beastie.

Can't wait for the next in the series! That end! OMG!

Thanks for the bonus at the end of the book :)

This isn't really a good review.
Josy
It's a good and enjoyable book but I didn't like it as much as the first one.

I felt like the plot was all over the place at times and that a lot of the plotlines were just left dangling. Maybe they will be re-introduced in the next book? I don't know. I just know that I was waiting for something more to happen or some kind of conclusion after several events in this book and when it didn't I thought "What? That's it?"

Also, there was very little relationship development between the MCs - almost as
Valerie ❈M/M Romance Junkie❈
Why?!?!? What did I do to deserve that ending? Sigh... and I still want a Wee Beastie.

I loved this. Joel Leslie just made the story come to life. He is fast becoming a narrator that I can count on to do a wonderful job.
~ Lei ~ Reading Is An Adventure ~
★★★★☆ ~ 4.5 Stars
Better editing, but still needs help.

Angel and Simeon are settling in and their bond is creating some interesting side effects for both of them. Daniel is still a confused boy who Angel has officially taken under his protection and made him an apprentice. Isaac is dealing with the aftermath of Greg's death and isn't Eroch the best dragon?! Eroch and the Pigeon Wars, lol.

This time around, Angel's trying to solve the mystery of a serial killer who takes the hearts of the victims.
Natalia
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Re-read February 2018
F.
Absolutely brilliant - read in one sitting. Now to wait for Bk3

5 stars
Erin *Proud Book Hoarder*
Another very good one - the author has one more book set with the two mains and then some of the other characters. Seriously can't wait. Review soon.
Annery
How much did I love this book? I want a small dragon as a familiar and a hellhound. My love for this book can be counted in vampire years and I'd come up short.

In this second outing for the series S.J. Himes continues to develop the world inhabited by our favorite necromancer, Angel Salvatore, and succeeds phenomenally. The world of Beacon Hill is one that is immediately recognizable and yet alien. Also I'd move there in a heartbeat.

So much goes on in this book in terms of furthering the story
Lisazj1
4.5 stars, and I loved it every bit as much as the first one. I love the world that S.J. Hines has created, the characters are genuinely engaging, and the storyline is interesting and fast-paced, keeps me reading *or listening* to see what happens next.

Angel and Simeon continue to wrap me around their figurative little finger, I adore them. Their chemistry is palpable and every interaction is by turns sizzling, sweetly romantic, or tender and sometimes all of those at once. *sigh* I could read a
Teri
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I LOVE this series!! I adore these guys!!! I think in the first one, they came together kind of quickly, but in this their relationship is strong and hot and they are solid and I love that.
I really love that we got more of Isaac. And Daniel, poor Daniel, god this guy needs an HEA! Like STAT! and I hope it's with Isaac, because that would just make my heart happy. I'm not sure how I feel about Batiste. He pisses me off most of the time, but then does something kind of cool and I'm just
haletostilinski
This was just as enjoyable and engaging as the first book. I'm glad we got a second book with Simeon and Angel, because I felt like we didn't get enough of them in the first. This second book gave us more time with them (and more very sexy and hot sex scenes, wowww) and we got to see more of their relationship.

I'm guessing the next book will be about Isaac and Batiste, as that's the hint I got from this book. Unless it's another book with Simeon and Angel at the fore front, which I'll still be
Rosa
Apr 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: books, read-in-2019
I liked the first book more than this one. Don't get me wrong, this one was good too, but I feel like the story got a bit confusing at times. There were things that didn't work for me. What happened at Milly's apartment and why she didn't want to talk to Angel about it didn't make any sense... And then, when we had the solution of the mystery at the end... well, that left me unsatisfied. (view spoiler) ...more
Brew
Jun 21, 2017 rated it liked it
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
The Backlot Gay B...: The Necromancer's Dilemma, by SJ Himes 1 8 Dec 22, 2016 03:44PM

• Sūnder  (Darksoul, #1)
  • Be Fairy Game (Starfig Investigations, #2)
  • Reclamation (Dominion, #2)
  • A Counselor Among Wolves (Leader Murders, #2)
  • Destroyer of Worlds (SPECTR, #5)
  • The Scarlet Tide (Duncan Andrews Thrillers, #3)
  • Skin (The Ark Trilogy, #1)
  • Derivation  (Aberrant Magic, #2)
  • Reparation in Blood (Partnership in Blood, #4)
  • Cronin's Key II (Cronin's Key, #2)
  • Thorns and Fangs (Thorns and Fangs, #1)
  • Adverse Effects (Saving Caeorleia, #2)
  • Soul Magic (Triad #3)
  • Spirit Sanguine (Sanguine, #1)
  • Deadly Secrets (Kings of Eternity #1)
  • Cinder (Blood Nation, #2)
A HISTORY OF TROUBLE is available on Amazon, ASIN B07P541GLQ.

If you have questions for me, and want an answer sooner rather than later, find me on Facebook or Twitter. Social media links on my website, along with a FAQs page for the most common questions I get asked.

Current writing cluster titles are available on my Works in Progress page at my website. www.sjhimes.com

I also write as Revella Haw

The Beacon Hill Sorcerer (4 books)
  • The Necromancer's Dance (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #1)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)
  • Mastering the Flames (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #4)
“Vampires moved with inhuman grace - the fae moved as if life were a dance, and only they knew the steps.” 0 likes