Start by marking “The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Air He Breathes (Elements, #1)

The Air He Breathes

(Elements #1)

4.20  ·  Rating details ·  43,664 ratings  ·  5,246 reviews
Tristan et Elizabeth sont voisins, ils n'ont rien en commun à part leur passé douloureux. Elle a choisi de continuer à vivre ne serait-ce que pour sa petite fille Emma. Il a choisi de s'extraire du monde. Mais Elizabeth ne l'entend pas de cette façon. Elle sait qu'ils sont tous les deux en miettes et qu'ensemble ils seront plus forts pour affronter leurs fantômes.

C'est sa
Published July 7th 2016 by Hugo Roman (first published September 25th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about The Air He Breathes, please sign up.
Brittainy Cherry Yes, but each book is a complete standalone with different characters. The connecting factor with the four novels in the series is each book is based…moreYes, but each book is a complete standalone with different characters. The connecting factor with the four novels in the series is each book is based off of one of the four elements: air, water, earth, and fire. :)(less)

·  43,664 ratings  ·  5,246 reviews

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
3 Stars

***UNPOPULAR OPINION ALERT***

***Disclaimer***
A lot of people say "I was able to overlook a, b, and c about the book and enjoy it" and "it's still on my tbr," and that's great. I'm not trying to disuade people from reading this. It should be on people's tbr because it's a great book.

And I'm glad others are overlooking certain things and loving it. I could have very well done the same. But I chose not to because that's just my true opinion. So please don't see my review as me not being abl
Christy
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beta-read
5++ stars!!!

description

The Air He Breathes is the most beautiful book I’ve read this year. It’s a stunning, emotional, heartbreaking and powerful read. It’s outstanding and it’s by far Brittainy’s best work and my favorite book of hers. In fact, it’s my favorite book of 2015. Yes. You read that right. The same author that wrote my favorite book of 2014 (Loving Mr. Daniels) also wrote my favorite book of 2015. This is a book that will stay with you and one you don’t want to miss out on reading.

Loss. It can
Candace
Wow! This was a highly emotional, and often depressing, story. Despite the fact that it dealt with some pretty gloomy subject matter, I was completely hooked on this story. I listened to the Audible version and I finished it in a single day. I couldn't pull myself away from it.

The author doesn't waste any time before plunging you into the desolate lives of Elizabeth and Tristan. Both of them are broken, trying to make it through their lives one day at a time. Elizabeth has lost her husband and i
Jennifer Kyle
5 + STARS

description

"How did two people so broken find each other's shattered pieces?"

description

This book is so much more than it's gorgeous cover! I highly advise one-click purchasing because Britainy C. Cherry has delivered one of my favorite reads of 2015!

"Show me the shadows that keep you up at night. Kiss me with your darkness."

Ms. Cherry’s writing was simply fantastic, while her characters popped right off damn the page. I’m still reeling from the array of emotions that this story packed. The humor is orig
Alienor ✘ French Frowner ✘

Edit : Here's my romance scale, with the points that interest me (tell me if you think of something else^^)

Warning : This is a DNF review of a book I pretty much hated. As much as I would have wanted to finish it, I reached 34% and there's no redeeming this book.

Just a little over a year ago, I started reviewing books on Goodreads. I gave up on New Adult at roughly the same time. Well, more or less, and this is why :
- They often romanticize unhealthy/abusive relationships and are full of se
Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog
*****FIVE+++++++++++++++++ STARS*****
(ARC Generously Provided by Author in Exchange For An Honest Review)
{BR with Dee and Mel}

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

"Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day."

photo d6a77ec873f412c9343ee78f6d14ad9f_zpshpzxtvhf.jpg

This story was AMAZING!! If I didn't have so many RL distractions I would have devoured this book and honestly I am happy that I had those distractions, because I was able to savor this one!! After having finished this book, I can truly say that Brittainy C Cherry, is one hell of a writer! I would compa
Mysza
Aug 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorite-read
“Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day.”

Ah yes! What can I say? This book was simply wonderful. Damn, the author can write. It reads very fast because it is written so well. Beatiful words make beatiful sentences, which make beautiful story. Loved it all - the angst, the heartbreak, the healing, the falling in love, the humor - all was perfectly balanced.

I don't think I can say much about a plot without spoiling, I think you need to go blind into it, so let's just say that it is
Katerina
Oct 07, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“He and I together was a terrible idea. We were both unstable, we were both shattered, and there was no getting around it. He was thunder, I was lightning, and we were seconds away from creating the perfect storm.”

If you ask me why I started this book,I won't be able to give you an answer.I just...had to.Like I was compelled.Apparently the I-freaking-love-pain part of me was in charge.But if you ask me why I stayed up all night until I finished it and now coffee is the only thing that keeps
Patrycja

Release Date: September 25, 2015
Rating: 4.5 - 5 stars
Cliffhanger:. no
HEA: (view spoiler)

The Air He Breathes is perfectly written story. A story that took me on amazing journey full of feelings and emotions so real I can still feel my heart crumbling. This is one of those novels that stay with readers forever – the print it leaves on soul too strong to ever fade aw
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
★★★★★ 4.5 Stars ★★★★★

Now LIVE!
Amazon US | Amazon UK

Wow! I could read this story it all over again, I had the serious case of feels - this book was an amazing read! It was a fabulous combination of interesting characters, humour, sadness and hope. On top of that we are gifted with an aloof hero as the main character that you just want to cuddle and do dirty things with in equal measure.

The Air He Breathes is about two broken people who have both suffered a huge loss in their lives and are trying
Beverly
Sep 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LIVE!

I have to say my biggest fear is losing my husband. He isn’t perfect, but he is my soulmate and I can’t imagine a life without him in it. Thank God I haven’t experienced this type of loss, because reading about it nearly broken my heart in two. Not every author or story can make me feel the pain the characters are feeling, but Brittainy’s writing makes me feel everything. I felt their loss, their grief, and their doubts. I felt their love, their healing and their hope.

"Sometimes the hard
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
LIVE http://amzn.to/1JtdGqf

5 EMOTIONAL STARS

Such a beautiful and captivating story that will steal your heart,like it did with mine!My heart was broken, I couldn't stop reading this beautiful story and I was crying so many times feeling sorry for Tristan and Elizabeth!Their story touched me in so many ways.This is one of those books that you will want to read countless times. The Air He Breathes is a heartbreaking,sweet,romantic,hot,intense and passionate story.It's about loss,forgiveness,forg
Brandi
Sep 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: emotional

description

There are tons of wonderful reviews for this story, so I will keep it short and sweet.

The Air He Breathes is an emotional story, about two people who have suffered enormous loss, but together they find a way to live and love again.

I enjoyed this read, but the drama and coincidences during the last 10-20% was a bit much, in my opinion. That said, I still found this to be a great story, overall.
✦❋Arianna✦❋
Aug 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
4.5 Stars!!

description

“The Air He Breathes” is one of the most touching romance story I’ve read this year. It was simply perfect, beautifully, beautifully written and so touching. It was heartbreaking, emotional and also heartwarming, a story that definitely will stay with me for a while. It’s a story about loss, forgiveness and learning to love and live again. It was exactly what I expected from one of my favorite authors who every time with her amazing words manages to create an outstanding story.

Now ta
Hulya Kara Yuksel
My God, this book was so beautiful. <3
I cried too much while I was reading it... :(

"Right before I turned to leave, a small white feather came floating down from above and landed against my arm. A wave of comfort washed over me as I nodded. “I’ll be okay. I’ll be good,” I muttered, knowing that it was a kiss from my loved ones. I knew I would be okay one day, because it was obvious that I wasn’t alone."...

---------------------------

“I thought I had more time, but sometimes tomorrow never co
Amy | Foxy Blogs
My first 5 star read for 2016.

"In the blink of an eye, in one moment's time, everything I knew about life changed."

I loved this opening quote because it's holds true for all of us. It's relatable and makes us feel the story even deeper. Life is unpredictable and our paths can be altered in just the blink of an eye. Adventuring with the characters on their journey from hurt-to-healing-to-finding love is one that kept me up reading late into the night.

I enjoyed The Air He Breathes even though I
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: The Air He Breathes
Series: Elements #1
Author: Brittany C. Cherry
Release date: September 25, 2015
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

In a blink of an eye, in one moment's time, everything I knew about life changed.

This is my first Brittany C. Cherry book, (stupid, stupid me) and this is one thing I can tell you with complete confidence: when you pick up a book from this author, you're holding something precious in your hands. I had no idea what I was missing out on all thi
Jessica's Totally Over The Top Book Obsession
4.5 Stars

I'm in love. The Air He Breathes is my first book by Brittainy C. Cherry, but it won't be my last. Damn but she tore my heart out, and slowly pieced it back together with this emotional read. I loved both the hero and the heroine. I knew going into the read that the main couple lost their husband/wife and that they start out using each other. I really thought it would have bothered me more. It was why I have held off reading it for so long. But it was written so well that it didn't both
Jasmine
5 STARS! ★★★★★

"But as long as air moves in and out of my lungs, as long as I breathe, I will fight for you. I will fight for us."

Once again, Brittainy C Cherry has delivered a top-notch romance read and dare I say rather effortlessly. Her previous work, Art & Soul easily snagged one of my top reads of 2015 and so does this one. Right from the prologue, I already knew this book would put me through for an emotional ride.

This is a story about loss, forgiveness, redemption and finding love ag
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
Sep 21, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️ by: Jasmine
4 "Big, fat, giant TICK!" Stars!

Sometimes the hardest part of existing without your love ones was remembering how to breathe.

photo AD9CE88E-E6C8-40A4-BDA3-A2EC6DAF3CAB_zpsovpkrcju.jpg

The Air He Breathes
is a first Brittainy C Cherry book for me. I'll admit the book buzz was contagious and I pretty much dropped everything to read this. Problem with buzz books for me is they tend to give me a false high expectation. Because of that, I forced myself to read very few reviews...but I don't live under a rock. This book was everywhere on social media- well
Peek At My Book Review
Dec 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
FULL REVIEW POSTED

Rating : 4 ‘TICK, TOCK AND LIZZIE’ Stars

description

My Views : The Air He Breathes is the story of two people who are broken on the inside and when they way collides, they found that they had more in common and work towards diminishing the difference. The character's past are broken and the story poignant. descriptionThe pages will turn and you will not be able to stop until you've read it all.

Style of writing : My last book by this author had been a really long time back and I missed out on her wr
Stacey is Sassy
It was worth taking that next breath.

Life's a funny thing. What's worse, finding out your loved one has two months to live or will die instantly in a car crash? Both are bad, but when you lose the opportunity for one last goodbye, how do you move on? The Air He Breathes was one of the best and emotional reads I've experienced in a long time. I cried through the whole thing and continually questioned how on earth I could come out the other side with a smile on my face. For two people to have that
* Meli Mel *

♥ ♥ ♥ 4 STARS ♥ ♥ ♥

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

“Sometimes the hardest part of existing without your loved one was remembering how to breathe.”

●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●  ●

I could not wait to read this book after seeing so many love it. I was hoping to feel the same, but I didn't fully love it as others. I did, however, enjoy it for the most part.

Elizabeth has had a very difficult year, to say the least. She lost her husband and has been trying to
♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ
5 Every second. Every minute. Every hour. Every day. ★'s

“You don’t have to be good all the time. It’s okay to be hurt sometimes. It’s okay to feel lost like you’re wandering around in the dark. It’s the bad days that make the good ones so much better.”

Wow! I mean damn this book, I love it!! It has all the feels, that for me is what makes a good book :) I love books with broken people, who learn to love again...in finding themselves in one another. It has such heartbreak and it's so raw. The Air
Dee Montoya
***** 5 Breathtaking Stars*****

(ARC kindly provided by Author)
(BR with Mel and Patty <3)

photo f15c19d2-c380-4454-8ed0-cea4a018d69c_zpsbrfyc7ay.jpg

When I first learned about this book, my first thought was, what a gorgeous cover! But what's inside the pages of this novel surpasses the attractive cover or any expectations I had about Brittainy C. Cherry's new book. The Air He Breathes is a thing of beauty, raw and emotional.

Elizabeth has been grieving the death of her husband. He died in a car accident a year ago and right after the funeral, she gra
S.M. West
Sep 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 "Because I see you" STARS

"There were small signs from the angels, letting us know they were always close by, watching over us."

I truly love discovering a new author and then falling in love with their characters and story. Thank you, Ms. Cherry! You made me smile, you made me laugh, you made me cry and Tristan, Elizabeth, Emma and Zeus stole my heart.

photo image.jpg1_zpskjc1hehu.jpg

This was a beautiful, breathtaking read with so many emotions. It covers the very harsh and dreadful reality of death, grief and loss of
Duchess Nicole
The cheese factor was high with this one.

I thought I'd sink into this and roll around like a two year old in a ball pit but instead I just sank. It started off okay, with the buildup to the meet-cute and Tristan's ass-holery front and center. As soon as we established how "broken" the protagonists were, though, it all went downhill. There were so many quotes that made me cringe, but the first one that made me question whether or not I'd finish was this tidbit. People just don't say shit like thi
Michelle
3 Stars!
Loved the first half of the book. It's the last part that I had issues with.
Review posted:)
3 Loved/Liked Stars!
This one started out really good. I was loving it so much. I didn't want to put it down. Then a few things happened that brought my loving down to just liking.

What did I love?
I loved Faye! She was funny as hell!
I loved Emma...Elizabeth's daughter.
Her calling Tristan a Tick was cute and funny.
(view spoiler)
Geri Reads
Sep 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars!

There are already so many wonderful reviews for this book and they've basically done a great job selling the merits of this book. I won't add anymore except to say that, yes, I liked this. I love Tristan and Liz' emotional journeys. I even liked how their relationship evolved. I loved Emma and Mr. Henson and Faye!!

The writing fit with the poignant and at times melancholic atmosphere of the book. I wasn't too crazy about the supernatural aspect of it though. It's nothing against the boo
warhawke
Sep 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Type: Standalone Book 1 of Elements series
POV: First Person - Dual
Rating:

Tristan Cole was a broken man still haunted by the memories of the past. He stopped feeling and living for himself, earning him a reputation and making him an outcast of the small town.

Elizabeth Bailey came back to her hometown for a fresh start. Together with her 5 years old daughter, she vowed to move on with their life with beautiful new memories. But sometimes, the past could creep in unex

• The Fall
  • Running Barefoot
  • Gideon's Promise (Son's of Judgment, #2)
  • A Perfectly Split Christmas: A Split Short Story
  • What Tomorrow May Bring
  • Kissing Trouble
  • Angelsong (Dark Angel, #3)
  • Crescendo
  • Walking Dead Girl (Vampireland, #1)
  • Where One Goes (Where One Goes, #1)
  • Redemptive (Combative, #2)
  • Paper Hearts (Hearts, #2)
  • Hers to Take (Loving Your Enemy, #1)
  • All In (Full Tilt, #2)
  • Finding Eden

Elements (4 books)
  • The Fire Between High & Lo (Elements, #2)
  • The Silent Waters (Elements, #3)
  • The Gravity of Us (Elements, #4)
“You know that place between nightmares and dreams? The place where tomorrows never come and yesterdays don't hurt anymore? The place where your heart beats in sync with mine? The place where time doesn't exist, and it's easy to breathe?
I want to live there with you.”
186 likes
“No soulmate leaves the world alone; they always take a piece of their other half along with them.” 123 likes