Start by marking “The Future Unborn” as Want to Read:
The Future Unborn

The Future Unborn

Acceptance into MIT means everything to Kansas Jones, a straight-A student, class president, top female swimmer on the varsity team, and member of the local teen robotics club. Her high school resume is immaculate. Getting pregnant at eighteen is unthinkable.

Then the unthinkable happens.

Twelve weeks seems like plenty of time to take care of the situation. She knows wha
Kindle Edition
Published May 13th 2016

To ask other readers questions about The Future Unborn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Future Unborn

Start your review of The Future Unborn
Keep Calm Novel On
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Goodreads group We Heart YA Books provided a copy of the PDF in exchange for an honest review.

The Future Unborn is a coming of age Young Adult novel where the female protagonist is a strong and driven young lady. Kansas Jones is an exemplary student completing her senior year of high school. She is determined to attend MIT and wants to work in robotics. Kansas discovers the unimaginable—she is pregnant—the consequence of unprotected sex.

The novel quickly introduces th
Kate
Mar 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
An okay little book. Kansas made some interesting choices and was able to handle her mistakes remarkably well. The story seemed to be building towards one of those too-easy happy endings for everyone, but then it definitely didn't. Worth a read.
Ericka Rheanne
Jun 29, 2016 rated it liked it
This was provided by the We <3 YA Books! group on Goodreads and Khristina Chess in exchange for an honest review.

I rated this 3 stars because of the following:

The beginning of The Future Unborn really grabbed my attention. I read the first twenty pages or so that were for preview on goodreads before requesting the free PDF to read for review and I really liked it. The first few pages had me sold on the book.

Though, I realized a few things as I was reading. The story told a lot instead
Olivia
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"The Future Unborn" covers a lot of really big issues. Kansas is an 18-year-old senior determined to work on robotics for NASA. To achieve this, she is filling her schedule with extracurriculars, retaking her SATs and applying for MIT early admission. At the same time, her mother is increasingly distant and less involved, her father is getting remarried to someone she's never met, and her shoulder injury has gotten worse, preventing her from swimming, the sport she loves. When she is on a fall b ...more
BethLee
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: r4r
I RECIEVED THIS BOOK FROM WE HEART YA BOOKS AND THE AUTHOR IN EXCHANGE FOR AN HONEST REVIEW. THIS DOES NOT AFFECT MY VIEWS OR OPINIONS IN ANY WAY.

Khristina Chess has written a brilliant novel about teen pregnancy.

Kansas Jones has her future all planned out. She wants to get into MIT, and be in the robotics program. But when an unexpected pregnancy changes her plans, she is forced to change her plans. Will she keep the baby, or will she have to give it up?

I tho
Doris
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would like to say, that it takes a brave person to dive into such topics as we see in The Future Unborn. Khristina Chess is a brave woman indeed!
In this book, we meet and follow Kansas Jones, an 18 year old MIT hopeful, as she finds out that just one time can alter the course of her life.
As a character, Kansas is a tad hard to follow. I think that the POV that we are provided adds a little to her mystery. I found that I was told what was happening more than being allowed to feel it with
Joanne
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: first-reads
I HATED the main character with a fiery passion. She was juvenile, narcissistic, and for someone who was going to MIT (which we heard no less than 17,000 times), she wasn't that bright. She kept saying that she was old enough and mature enough to handle this "problem" herself, but she spent the entire time bemoaning that her life was over and whining about how stupid she'd been. If she had bothered doing more than the absolute bare minimum of research, she would've learned that Planned Parenthoo ...more
Victor Oh
Aug 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing

The book is full of spirit and energy. Very few books have gripped me this well in ages. All the geeky people will love this. There were references to all the cool robot movies. I will just leave it at that. All I can say is.... I LOVED IT and if you give it a chance, you might love it yourself.

I started this book with no expectations or any preconceptions of it.

I
InD'tale Magazine
A contemporary YA novel, “Future Unborn” is a poignant tale of one girl’s true test of coming of age as she weighs all the possible consequences resulting from having a one night stand.

Read full review in the 2016 October issue of InD'tale Magazine.
Shannon Springer
Jun 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Amazingly Written

This author is amazing! I'm gonna read all of hers! Highly recommended for readers of Young Adult fiction! This will be in my top ten books of 2016!
Abby
Jul 24, 2016
Michael
Nov 22, 2018
Khristina Chess
May 16, 2016 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Barbara
Ann Ellis
J Collins
Leigh
Time Out Book Club: February Meeting (2/9) 8 9 Feb 08, 2017 06:58PM

• Secrets of the Dragon Sanctuary (Fablehaven, #4)
  • The Unwanteds Complete Collection
  • The Ruins of Gorlan / The Burning Bridge / The Icebound Land (Ranger's Apprentice #1-3)
  • Fablehaven: The Complete Series Boxed Set (Fablehaven, #1-5)
Khristina Chess is the author of several award-winning YA novels. Her book "Drive to June" won First Place in the young adult category of the 2015/2016 category of the Reader Views Reviewers Choice Awards. "The Future Unborn" was named a runner up in the 2017 RONE awards and a finalist in the 5th Annual Beverly Hills Book Awards. "Hollow Beauty" was named a finalist in the 2015 Next Generation Ind ...more
“Demonstrate your connection with popular culture. You could use ‘hashtag brilliant’ throughout your essay to describe yourself.” 1 likes
“There is no place for the word twerking anywhere on your college application. Ever.” 0 likes