Start by marking “Slow Grind (Men of Mornington, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slow Grind (Men of Mornington, #1)

Slow Grind (Men of Mornington, #1)

I’m the kind of guy who will do anything for a friend, so when my best mate, Max, gets sick I naturally want to help. He needs money for experimental treatment overseas and he needs it fast. So I round up the guys with an idea to raise the cash for him.

Stripping. Chicks love that shit, right?

At first, the guys are skeptical, but we’re a good looking group of men who who’ve
Kindle Edition
Published October 24th 2016 by Ashley Suzanne and Missy Johnson (first published June 28th 2016)

Sabrina
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!!!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*

Aubrey had the biggest crush on her brothers best friend when she was younger. Her young heart thought they were perfect together and that he would soon realize they belonged together. But then she moved to the states with her dad and didn't get to see him anymore. Now, she's all grown up and going back home to help her brother who just got the devastating news that his cancer has returned.

Drew is left feeling helpless when his best friend has gotten some of the
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
****4 Stars****

****ARC kindly provided by authors Eva Spencer in exchange for an honest review****

"Only the good die young. It’s a phrase I wish never existed.”

description

“Slow Grind” was such a pleasant surprise. I was honoured to be asked review this by the two amazing authors Missy Johnson and Ashley Suzanne, who write under the pen name Eva Spencer. I went into the book quite blind and not knowing much and it was actually the first book I have read by either of these two authors. I found it such a d
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
3 You're you and I'm me" Stars

What happens when your childhood best friend faces one of the most earth shattering diesase and there's nothing you could do to help him? You find a way. Even if that means putting yourself out there. LITERALLY. This is the story about four friends who were willing to do anything to save one of their own no matter what.

Max has been battling cancer off and on since he was a teenager. This time around, his prognosis is not looking too well. Having his family and frie
Linda ❤️ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty
description description description description

4 "Strip For a Cure" Stars!

description[image error]

Wait, what was I doing?

Oh right. Review. *ahem*

So....

This is another rendition of best friend's forbidden younger sister. I found myself actually loving the story concept.

We have:
- Aubrey: the younger sister; secretly in love with her brother's best friend; young and naive
- Max: the older protective brother; afflicted with cancer :( - huge heart
- Andrew(Drew): Max's best mate and Aubrey's childhood crush; manslut; manslut; and manslut

With Max not
Claire Robinson
3 - "We got this." Stars.

This is one of those classic 'didn’t love it, didn’t hate it' books, I think Slow Grind actually had the potential to be more than it was, in that there is so much erroneous drama going on in it that it actually detracted from what would have been a really great story if the time had been taken to give the important tropes more depth and emotion.

"You’re pushing buttons you don’t want to push..."

The premise for Slow Grind was really good, who doesn’t love a hot guy, and a
Snow
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, light, na, romance

4 "damn the misunderstanding" stars

This was such a pleasant surprise, first time I am reading smth from this author and if they continue on this road it can only get better and better. Congrats!

Anyway, the story was fresh in writing and it just flew, the characters were likable, sassy heroine, reluctant to love/player yet irresistable hero gave enough angst to keep your heart stirring but there was a solid portion of everything - drama, romance, humor, sadness...all that hold the pieces of a moz
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo df306df07cb7f6c22c96c7d331702b_zpsp8py3h3c.gif

If you are familiar with my reviews then you are all aware that I am sucker for best friend’s little sister romance trope. There is something about the forbidden and temptation factor that makes this kind of trope so compelling, fun, and sexy. And in Eva Spencer’s Slow Grind, the authors have decided to take a fun spin on this trope but also include a theme of friendship and emotions.

“I might be in love with him, but he’s never going to b
Michelle Rene
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Knowing the authors that make up Eva Spencer, I knew there was no way I wouldn't love this book.

Slow Grind is more than a romance novel, it's about friendship. Even more so, it's about the lengths some will go to, to prove their friendship when one of them is in need. Just when I was on the verge of tears, I found myself laughing out loud. I loved every character, and if an author (or two) can accomplish that then they have an amazing book on their hands.

Slow Grind is book one in the Men of Mo
Carmen Rae
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh my god that was just mean ladies. You lure me in with sexy strippers, get me all invested in Drew and Aubs & then bam where the hell is the rest of the book? I mean seriously when the hell am I getting the next book?

I absolutely love brother’s best friend romances but from the blurb of this I was nervous I was going to be a blubbering mess for most of this book. I knew it was book one of the Men of Mornington but I thought it was going to be a set of standalones of each of the men. So wh
Denise
Absolutely enjoyed this little gem!
So I kind of forgot to upload my review on this one... (Bad, Denise)

But I will say that this book was such a fun read. What else could be better when you have a group of friends trying to help out their best friend from their current health diagnosis? A mix of-- yes, Magic Mike meets Thunder from Down Under.

The story was funny, cute, and heartwarming. With book two on the horizon, I cannot wait what this journey has in store for these men and the women that th
Desire
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So, I will start by saying I didn't put this book down until it was finished. I swear at times my heart was breaking right along with the characters, and a few times I felt like I might have to swear at the author. I love it though, it made me laugh, almost made me cry, and most definitely made me get all girly inside. I grew up a lot like Aubrey, I was madly in love with my brothers best friend from the time I was 11 well into my early 20's, but a lot like Max and Drew, my real life brother and ...more
Nancy Huddleston
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh my ! Slow Grind, Men of Mornington Novel ,by Ashley Suzanne and Missy Johnson was freaking fantastic. The storyline broke my heart and yet gave me hope. Well do! I loved all the characters. Aubrey and Drew make you smile and cry. From a childhood crush to a second chance love. They are brought back together because of an ugly, nasty reason. I adore the Men of Mornington and how they will do anything for a friend. Be warned! You will want more!
Melanie (mells_view)
Ok so I'll start off by saying that I really liked the concept of this book, and where it sort of went. It is a younger sister in love with her older brothers best friend trope. Which I don't flock to, but I also don't mind. Max was in remission from cancer he had when he was a teenager. Unfortunately during that time his parents were also divorced and his father and little sister moved to the United States while he stayed in Australia with his mother.

Aubrey is Max's little sister and after livi
Romance Readers Retreat
I am the biggest fan of Missy Johnson so when I saw that she was teaming up with Ashley Suzanne as Eva Spencer I jumped at the chance to read this. Slow Grind ended up being one of those books where I didn't exactly love it but I didn't exactly hate it either. I definitely saw the potential but I feel like there was too much unnecessary drama that detracted from the overall story.

While this book is considered a romance, the main emphasis is on the deep bonds between friends. Eva Spencer present
Lynda
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

I was not expecting a somewhat cliffhanger, personally I don't like them but wow do I need the rest of this story. I think what helps me come to terms with being left hanging is we will get the last of the 4 books in October, so the wait isn't to painful. I do hope they go beyond Drew and Aubrey, obviously they will all involve all the characters and max is a central character but I'm hoping there's love for the other boys to.

Drew was always Max's friend and Audrey has crushed on him s
Jan
A promising start to a series.

I love a friends to lovers romance and Slow grind had all that and more.

Aubrey has had a crush on her brothers best friend since she was a little girl. Moving away from home due to her parents divorce also meant Aubrey had to move away from her brother Max who chose stay with their mother and Andrew.

Aubrey has never gotten along with her mother so moving away to America from Australia was her decision but she missed Max and Andrew.

Now 21 due to her brothers il
Tina Todd shobe
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Audrey moved to America with her dad after her parents divorce. Her brother Max stayed in Australia with their mother. Audrey comes back to Australia after she gets notified that Max's cancer has come back and his prognosis is not good.

Max's friends are not giving up and have found an experimental treatment that is in Europe. They are brainstorming ways to come up with the money. They decided to 'Strip for a Cure' with Audrey putting together their choreography and teaching them how to dance.

You
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Slow Grind is an awesome read. I was hooked right from the beginning. Aubrey has been living in the US but when she finds out her brother, Max, is sick she goes back to Australia. I loved Aubrey and her love for her brother. Back in Australia, she not only gets to see her brother but also his friends. She had a childhood crush on his friend Drew. Now that they are both older the sparks are there.

I was scared that this one might make me cry. I didn't cry but it's definitely a heart string puller
Hayley
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The two authors that have come together to write this book and my word have they blown it out the water here.

When your faced with a life altering condition everything had to take its place and when Aubery is faced with this she has to return home after years of being away from everyone she knows and the feelings she has kept hidden.

Max is diagnosed with cancer but surviving it in his teenage years and know it's come back he is relying on his family and his closest brothers.

This is a tear jerker
Lorie Glowania
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aubrey moved from Australia to the USA to become a dancer and to start her life out fresh. She receives a call from her mother that her brother Max is sick and not doing well. She heads back to Australia were she sees her childhood crush Drew. Having to deal with helping her brother and seeing him all the time both of them realize they have feelings for each other. But Max doesn't want to see his sister get hurt and tells Drew to stay away. But can he? Can she? Will one of the get hurt and can M ...more
Tracy Wilkin
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book totally sucked me in. It also made me cry, laugh and frustrated as hell. It was extremely hard to put down, so I didn't. A fantastic book, in what I am sure is going to be a thrilling, heartbreaking and humerous series. I can not wait for the next book as this one has left me hanging.
Paula Genereau
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!!! This book was awesome. I loved it. Hot Aussies stripping their way to raise money for a cure for a friend. Hello!!! Hotness. Great book
Thai Holman Pure and Dark book blog
Great read. I found myself lost in this book. It gave me all the right feels. Its well written amazing characters. Just all around what you look for in a book 5*.
Jolene OBrien
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided by author for an honest review***
Abbey
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* arc review *

Wow!

Where do I start?
I bloody loved this book!
It made me all gooey and girly inside, I laughed, I cried, I silently cursed the authors ;).

I can't wait for book 2 !!
Jody
A schoolgirl's crush becomes a young woman's lifeline in this tale depicting the tight bonds of friendship and how far you'll go to save the life of a friend. It's a charming story dealing with mortality that doesn't shy away from the ravages of cancer while looking death in the eye. Despite the vivid depictions of illness it still puts a smile on your face through witty banter and heartwarming interactions amongst friends. It's a story that takes readers on an emotional roller coaster ride righ ...more
Kitten Blue
May 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I can't get into this one since I'm one-third of the way in and a whole lot of nothing has happened.
Michelle Austin
Page Count:204
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Only the good die young.
It’s a phrase I wish never existed.
Best mates shouldn’t get cancer, especially terminal at twenty-seven.
And experimental treatments shouldn’t cost a hundred grand. But sometimes life just effing sucked.
Then I got an idea to raise the cash. If a woman could strip
Natalie Williams (LifeandLoveofaBibliophile)
Okay, first let me say this book totally caught my attention because it had the words 'Male strippers' in the blurb. So i thought fuck yeah, i love me some strippers. So i signed myself up.
One of my favourite books to read is the 'My brothers best friend'. So obviously this book was right up my street.

This book was so much more than i thought it'd be. I absolutely LOVE the relationships between everyone in this story. Wether it be brother and sister or best friend to best friend the connection
Shanny
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review to come....
Alicia Norton
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Slow Grind (Men of Mornington #1)
Eva Spencer
4 Stars

I am new to the work of Eva Spencer, and the description of the book had me intrigued. Forbidden love, seems so sexy and fun. Who wouldn’t be interested in that right? But the book description also included a theme of lifelong friendship and deep emotions.
The main emphasis of this story is the deep connection of the best mates, and what they would do for a friend needing help to cover some huge medical expenses while battling cancer. While they
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
What? Why do you gotta be so mean? haha We bump and grind until we get to the end. You left me swearing at the end of this book. I think I swore louder than Drew haha. Can we have the next book now please with a cherry on top?

Aubrey has had the biggest crush on Drew when they were longer. A turn of events has her leaving with her dad to the US and leaving her brother, Max and mom in Aussie. Ten years later, she returns as her brother who has battled cancer since he was a young one, learns it th
Jennifer Lessard
Jun 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
When I read the blurb for this book I jumped on the chance to receive an ARC to read in exchange of an honest review because I was immediately intrigued with it! Well it was definitely well worth reading! I totally loved the whole storyline. I am a huge sucker for the whole taboo/best friend's little sister romance and I was definitely able to connect with most of the characters in the story. One character that was confusing an
Sue Galuska
Jun 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Aubrey has had a crush on her brother's best friend, Drew since she was 12. Unfortunately he only sees her as Max's little sister. Fast forward 10 years....Aubrey is living in the United States with her father and her brother and mom are still in Australia. Aubrey is days away from finishing college and gets the news that Max's cancer has come back and he isn't doing very well. Aubrey drops everything and heads back to Australia. While she is there she sees Drew and it's like she never left. The ...more
Liz ~ Liz's Reading Life
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Male strippers? Yes, please!!

Slow Grind is more than male strippers, it's about a group of friends that have been friends for a lifetime coming together to support one in need. And that makes these guys extremely sexy, in my own personal opinion. Men that would do anything for their mate is exceedingly endearing.

Max, Aubrey's brother, is fighting for his... again. Only this time the cancer seems to winning. There's an experimental trial that he can get into, but it's going to cost a pretty penny
Heather
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I loved it! Draws ya in right from the very beginning.

Aussie men who are best mates and stand by each other no matter what... even when Max's cancer returns. Max's sister, Aubrey, returns to Australia from America, where she's lived with her father for the past 10 years since their parents divorce. Max didn't want to worry her before her college finals, so he didn't want to tell her he was sick again and she finally hears it from their mother when the chemo treatments aren't working this time.
Au
Ashley Jasper
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I am a big fan of both Ashley Suzanne and Missy Johnson and when I saw they were teaming up as Eva Spencer I knew I had to get my greedy eyes on what was sure to be something wonderful. There are a lot of words that come to mind when I think back on what I read in Slow Grind...Sexy. Forbidden. Original. Heartbreaking. Family. Australian Accents (HOT). Hope. Funny. Stupid Cancer. Love...The list is truly endless.

I adored Aubrey. She is strong willed and has a heart of gold that pines for her bro
Kathryn Linke
Jun 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
I was originally drawn to this book because of the concept of the forbidden best friends younger sister, I love this genre. But this book was so much more it explores the themes of friendship, loyalty, mate-ship and family. Aubrey has been in love with her older brother Max's best friend Andrew since she was a little girl. When it is discovered Max has cancer she returns to Australia, to help care for him and spend time with him. When one of his friends discovers an experimental treatm
Tash
Reviewed @ Confessions From Romaholics
Review copy kindly provided by author in exchange for a honest review

I liked the previous novel that I have read by this duo but I didn’t love it as I found the emotional connection lacking however this time I didn’t find it so . It had plenty of emotions and tensions running high. . Slow Grind may be the first under their new name Eva Spencer but these two are experienced and it showed.

I knew these two were releasing a new book and I signed up curious to s
LLEP  Book Blog
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by saying that I was a little mad when I was reading this book. Not because of the quality of the book or that the book was bad, just certain aspects of the book made me sad and almost made me cry. But, like any good author, Eva Spencer gave me hope and made me believe in something better for her characters. Then I was thoroughly enjoying Slow Grind no holds barred.

Aubrey made me laugh so many times in this book. My laughter with Aubrey's character outweighed the pain I was fee
Christina Concus (Midnight Reads)
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2016-read
**Arc provide for an honest review**

I couldn't put this book down, because I had to see what happened between the Aubrey and Drew. As well as to see what happens to Max.

Not really sure how to put into words everything I feel about this book and that's not a bad thing.

The authors were able to capture many emotions in their story. They were also able so many types of relationship from lovers to true friendships and even people that can't get the hint.

Without giving yo much away a group of best
Caroline F
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, dual-pov, cliffhanger
“I’ve kissed so many women in my day, this quick kiss shouldn’t have been anything special, but it was different on so many levels.”

At 12 years old, Aubrey had a massive crush on Andrew who was 18 and her brother, Max’s best friend. After her parents divorced, Aubrey left Australia for America with her dad, and Max stayed behind with their mum.

Ten years later, Aubrey is back in Oz as Max is seriously ill and Andrew (now known as Drew) finds that she’s no longer the little tomboy he remembers. Sh
CDBW
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016-arc
4 Crazy Ass Stars!!!

What a great start to what is going to next addictive read!!! And damn that cliffy! UGH! When is the next one due out? I need it like yesterday.

Ok, tantrum over...

Seriously, I enjoyed reading this. I loved the Magic Mike-esqueness (yeah, I made that up) of it all. The storyline was a good twist on the brother's best friend/best friend's little sister forbidden romance.

It did start out a little slow for me but once I got through the beginning, I was eager to swipe pages to s
Lisa
Jun 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
The idea of this one pulled me int and had me eagerly delving into it. For the most part it delivered on its promise. but I felt frustrated with the ending for more than one reason. Also a little more of the men in stripping action would have been appreciated *winks*.

Andrew is Aubrey's brother's best friend and Aubrey is off limits to him. But hey, she is just a kid, right? Wrong: Aubrey has grown up and has more curves than the last time he saw her. Aubrey's return home has a tinge of sadness
Catherine Bibby (Rochelle's Reviews)
I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

From the moment I read the blurb, I just knew I had to get my greedy little hands on Slow Grind. I was immediately drawn to and had to know everything that there is to know about Andrew and Aubrey and of course all of Andrews mates and their gyrating hips. What's not to love? A friends to lover romance and men stripping for a good cause. From the moment I read the first chapter, I was a big fan and am absolutely ecstatic to read more. Andrew and
Amber
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I don't even know where to start with this book except that it's intense and hot like seriously once I started I was hooked and couldn't put the book down. The tension between Drew and Aubrey was oh so hot! I hated the way it ended mostly because I needed so much more, I felt like I hit a brick wall at the end because I needed so much more. In so excited to see what's to come next, I need to find out what's going to happen to Max and I need to know where Drew and Aubrey go from here and why the ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Wicked Dix (Hard Love Romance, #2)
  • Irreversible Damage (Irreparable #2)
  • Captured (True Alpha, #4)
  • through infinity (Forever and a Day #1)
  • Truth or Dare (Dare to Love, #1)
  • What If It's Right?
  • The Rebound (Courting Love, #2)
  • Protecting His Assets (Deuces Wild, #1)
  • Hate: A Love Story
  • My Butterfly (Butterfly Weeds, #2)
  • Give Me You (Keep Me Still, #2)
  • Friend Zoned (Barnett Bulldogs #2)
  • Spencer (Not your average British romance, #1)
  • Anti-Romance (Anti-Romance #1)
  • Always You
  • That Sexy Stranger
  • SEAL'd Trust
  • A Major Distraction (Good to Go, #3)
Ashley Suzanne has been writing as long as she can remember. As a youngster, she was always creating stories and talking to her imaginary friends. Thankfully, her parents also carried this love of fiction, and helped her grow into the writer she is today.

Ashley is a bestselling author and spends equal amounts of time writing and reading. Being the true book whore she is, Ashley would rather dive i