Start by marking “Slow Grind (Men of Mornington, #1)” as Want to Read:
Slow Grind (Men of Mornington, #1)

Slow Grind (Men of Mornington, #1)

I’m the kind of guy who will do anything for a friend, so when my best mate, Max, gets sick I naturally want to help. He needs money for experimental treatment overseas and he needs it fast. So I round up the guys with an idea to raise the cash for him.

Stripping. Chicks love that shit, right?

At first, the guys are skeptical, but we’re a good looking group of men who who’ve
Kindle Edition
Published October 24th 2016 by Ashley Suzanne and Missy Johnson (first published June 28th 2016)

Start your review of Slow Grind (Men of Mornington, #1)
Sabrina
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
NOW LIVE!!!
*Amazon US*Amazon UK*

Aubrey had the biggest crush on her brothers best friend when she was younger. Her young heart thought they were perfect together and that he would soon realize they belonged together. But then she moved to the states with her dad and didn't get to see him anymore. Now, she's all grown up and going back home to help her brother who just got the devastating news that his cancer has returned.

Drew is left feeling helpless when his best friend has gotten some of the
Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
****4 Stars****

****ARC kindly provided by authors Eva Spencer in exchange for an honest review****

"Only the good die young. It’s a phrase I wish never existed.”

description

“Slow Grind” was such a pleasant surprise. I was honoured to be asked review this by the two amazing authors Missy Johnson and Ashley Suzanne, who write under the pen name Eva Spencer. I went into the book quite blind and not knowing much and it was actually the first book I have read by either of these two authors. I found it such a
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕
3 You're you and I'm me" Stars

What happens when your childhood best friend faces one of the most earth shattering diesase and there's nothing you could do to help him? You find a way. Even if that means putting yourself out there. LITERALLY. This is the story about four friends who were willing to do anything to save one of their own no matter what.

Max has been battling cancer off and on since he was a teenager. This time around, his prognosis is not looking too well. Having his family and frie
Linda ❤️ Sassy, Classy && a Little Bit of Nasty
description description description description

4 "Strip For a Cure" Stars!

description[image error]

Wait, what was I doing?

Oh right. Review. *ahem*

So....

This is another rendition of best friend's forbidden younger sister. I found myself actually loving the story concept.

We have:
- Aubrey: the younger sister; secretly in love with her brother's best friend; young and naive
- Max: the older protective brother; afflicted with cancer :( - huge heart
- Andrew(Drew): Max's best mate and Aubrey's childhood crush; manslut; manslut; and manslut

With Max no
Claire Robinson
3 - "We got this." Stars.

This is one of those classic 'didn’t love it, didn’t hate it' books, I think Slow Grind actually had the potential to be more than it was, in that there is so much erroneous drama going on in it that it actually detracted from what would have been a really great story if the time had been taken to give the important tropes more depth and emotion.

"You’re pushing buttons you don’t want to push..."

The premise for Slow Grind was really good, who doesn’t love a hot guy, and a
Snow
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: funny, light, na, romance

4 "damn the misunderstanding" stars

This was such a pleasant surprise, first time I am reading smth from this author and if they continue on this road it can only get better and better. Congrats!

Anyway, the story was fresh in writing and it just flew, the characters were likable, sassy heroine, reluctant to love/player yet irresistable hero gave enough angst to keep your heart stirring but there was a solid portion of everything - drama, romance, humor, sadness...all that hold the pieces of a moz
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo df306df07cb7f6c22c96c7d331702b_zpsp8py3h3c.gif

If you are familiar with my reviews then you are all aware that I am sucker for best friend’s little sister romance trope. There is something about the forbidden and temptation factor that makes this kind of trope so compelling, fun, and sexy. And in Eva Spencer’s Slow Grind, the authors have decided to take a fun spin on this trope but also include a theme of friendship and emotions.

“I might be in love with him, but he’s never going to
Michelle Rene
Jun 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Knowing the authors that make up Eva Spencer, I knew there was no way I wouldn't love this book.

Slow Grind is more than a romance novel, it's about friendship. Even more so, it's about the lengths some will go to, to prove their friendship when one of them is in need. Just when I was on the verge of tears, I found myself laughing out loud. I loved every character, and if an author (or two) can accomplish that then they have an amazing book on their hands.

Slow Grind is book one in the Men of Mo
Carmen Rae
Jun 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh my god that was just mean ladies. You lure me in with sexy strippers, get me all invested in Drew and Aubs & then bam where the hell is the rest of the book? I mean seriously when the hell am I getting the next book?

I absolutely love brother’s best friend romances but from the blurb of this I was nervous I was going to be a blubbering mess for most of this book. I knew it was book one of the Men of Mornington but I thought it was going to be a set of standalones of each of the men. So when I
Denise
Absolutely enjoyed this little gem!
So I kind of forgot to upload my review on this one... (Bad, Denise)

But I will say that this book was such a fun read. What else could be better when you have a group of friends trying to help out their best friend from their current health diagnosis? A mix of-- yes, Magic Mike meets Thunder from Down Under.

The story was funny, cute, and heartwarming. With book two on the horizon, I cannot wait what this journey has in store for these men and the women that th
Desire
Jun 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So, I will start by saying I didn't put this book down until it was finished. I swear at times my heart was breaking right along with the characters, and a few times I felt like I might have to swear at the author. I love it though, it made me laugh, almost made me cry, and most definitely made me get all girly inside. I grew up a lot like Aubrey, I was madly in love with my brothers best friend from the time I was 11 well into my early 20's, but a lot like Max and Drew, my real life brother and ...more
Nancy Huddleston
Jun 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh my ! Slow Grind, Men of Mornington Novel ,by Ashley Suzanne and Missy Johnson was freaking fantastic. The storyline broke my heart and yet gave me hope. Well do! I loved all the characters. Aubrey and Drew make you smile and cry. From a childhood crush to a second chance love. They are brought back together because of an ugly, nasty reason. I adore the Men of Mornington and how they will do anything for a friend. Be warned! You will want more!
Melanie (mells_view)
Ok so I'll start off by saying that I really liked the concept of this book, and where it sort of went. It is a younger sister in love with her older brothers best friend trope. Which I don't flock to, but I also don't mind. Max was in remission from cancer he had when he was a teenager. Unfortunately during that time his parents were also divorced and his father and little sister moved to the United States while he stayed in Australia with his mother.

Aubrey is Max's little sister and after livi
Romance Readers Retreat
I am the biggest fan of Missy Johnson so when I saw that she was teaming up with Ashley Suzanne as Eva Spencer I jumped at the chance to read this. Slow Grind ended up being one of those books where I didn't exactly love it but I didn't exactly hate it either. I definitely saw the potential but I feel like there was too much unnecessary drama that detracted from the overall story.

While this book is considered a romance, the main emphasis is on the deep bonds between friends. Eva Spencer present
Lynda
Jun 19, 2016 rated it really liked it

I was not expecting a somewhat cliffhanger, personally I don't like them but wow do I need the rest of this story. I think what helps me come to terms with being left hanging is we will get the last of the 4 books in October, so the wait isn't to painful. I do hope they go beyond Drew and Aubrey, obviously they will all involve all the characters and max is a central character but I'm hoping there's love for the other boys to.

Drew was always Max's friend and Audrey has crushed on him s
Jan
A promising start to a series.

I love a friends to lovers romance and Slow grind had all that and more.

Aubrey has had a crush on her brothers best friend since she was a little girl. Moving away from home due to her parents divorce also meant Aubrey had to move away from her brother Max who chose stay with their mother and Andrew.

Aubrey has never gotten along with her mother so moving away to America from Australia was her decision but she missed Max and Andrew.

Now 21 due to her brothers il
Tina Todd shobe
Jun 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Audrey moved to America with her dad after her parents divorce. Her brother Max stayed in Australia with their mother. Audrey comes back to Australia after she gets notified that Max's cancer has come back and his prognosis is not good.

Max's friends are not giving up and have found an experimental treatment that is in Europe. They are brainstorming ways to come up with the money. They decided to 'Strip for a Cure' with Audrey putting together their choreography and teaching them how to dance.

You
Amazeballs Book Addicts
Jun 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Slow Grind is an awesome read. I was hooked right from the beginning. Aubrey has been living in the US but when she finds out her brother, Max, is sick she goes back to Australia. I loved Aubrey and her love for her brother. Back in Australia, she not only gets to see her brother but also his friends. She had a childhood crush on his friend Drew. Now that they are both older the sparks are there.

I was scared that this one might make me cry. I didn't cry but it's definitely a heart string puller
Hayley
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The two authors that have come together to write this book and my word have they blown it out the water here.

When your faced with a life altering condition everything had to take its place and when Aubery is faced with this she has to return home after years of being away from everyone she knows and the feelings she has kept hidden.

Max is diagnosed with cancer but surviving it in his teenage years and know it's come back he is relying on his family and his closest brothers.

This is a tear jerker
Lorie Glowania
Jun 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Aubrey moved from Australia to the USA to become a dancer and to start her life out fresh. She receives a call from her mother that her brother Max is sick and not doing well. She heads back to Australia were she sees her childhood crush Drew. Having to deal with helping her brother and seeing him all the time both of them realize they have feelings for each other. But Max doesn't want to see his sister get hurt and tells Drew to stay away. But can he? Can she? Will one of the get hurt and can M ...more
Tracy Wilkin
Jun 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book totally sucked me in. It also made me cry, laugh and frustrated as hell. It was extremely hard to put down, so I didn't. A fantastic book, in what I am sure is going to be a thrilling, heartbreaking and humerous series. I can not wait for the next book as this one has left me hanging. ...more
Paula Genereau
Jun 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Oh my!!! This book was awesome. I loved it. Hot Aussies stripping their way to raise money for a cure for a friend. Hello!!! Hotness. Great book
Thai Holman Pure and Dark book blog
Great read. I found myself lost in this book. It gave me all the right feels. Its well written amazing characters. Just all around what you look for in a book 5*.
Jolene OBrien
Jun 20, 2016 rated it really liked it
***ARC provided by author for an honest review***
Abbey
Jun 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
* arc review *

Wow!

Where do I start?
I bloody loved this book!
It made me all gooey and girly inside, I laughed, I cried, I silently cursed the authors ;).

I can't wait for book 2 !!
Jody
A schoolgirl's crush becomes a young woman's lifeline in this tale depicting the tight bonds of friendship and how far you'll go to save the life of a friend. It's a charming story dealing with mortality that doesn't shy away from the ravages of cancer while looking death in the eye. Despite the vivid depictions of illness it still puts a smile on your face through witty banter and heartwarming interactions amongst friends. It's a story that takes readers on an emotional roller coaster ride righ ...more
Kitten Blue
May 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: did-not-finish
I can't get into this one since I'm one-third of the way in and a whole lot of nothing has happened. ...more
Michelle Austin
Page Count:204
Heat Level: 3 flames out of 5
Rating: 4 stars out of 5
Blurb:

Only the good die young.
It’s a phrase I wish never existed.
Best mates shouldn’t get cancer, especially terminal at twenty-seven.
And experimental treatments shouldn’t cost a hundred grand. But sometimes life just effing sucked.
Then I got an idea to raise the cash. If a woman could stri
Natalie Williams (BibliophileLove_ox)
Jun 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
Okay, first let me say this book totally caught my attention because it had the words 'Male strippers' in the blurb. So i thought fuck yeah, i love me some strippers. So i signed myself up.
One of my favourite books to read is the 'My brothers best friend'. So obviously this book was right up my street.

This book was so much more than i thought it'd be. I absolutely LOVE the relationships between everyone in this story. Wether it be brother and sister or best friend to best friend the connection
Missy Johnson
May 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Monique Tinline
Louise Rogers-Thomas
Trisha
Stacy Hahn
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Slow Grind was a great book that pulled me in and kept me glued to the pages. This book was full of so many emotions. It was heartbreaking when Max had cancer as a child, but to get it again was devastating to his family and friends. This book is about friendship, love and family. Aubrey loved her brother more than anything and she would do anything to help him. She flew back to Australia from the US as soon as she learned about her brother's relapse. She was shocked when she ran into her brothe ...more
Jenna Crowell
Dimaris rossy
LaKeisha
Marcy Barth
Charlotte Craig
Suzanne Radcliffe
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Slow Grind is about Aubrey, the girl who was in live with her brother's best friend growing up, and Drew, Aubrey's brother Max's best friend. When Aubrey & Max's parents split, Aubrey goes to America with their father and Max stays in Australia with their mother. Aubrey gets news that Max's cancer has come back and he's not doing well, so she heads back to Australia to be with him.

Drew finds out that the doctors have basically given up on Max and are finished with treating the cancer. Drew and M
Jessica Call
rated it it was ok
Candy
Jun 06, 2016
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Slow Grind (Men of Mornington, #1)
  • Besieged (She Who Dares, #1)
  • Cocktails, Rock Tales & Betrayals (The Blood Stone Riot #1)
  • The Dare (North Woods University, #2)
  • Gym Junkie
  • Discovery (Esquire Black Duet Book 1)
  • You Break Me (The Prospect #2)
  • Love and Fidelity
  • Love and Fidelity: Part 2
  • Conquered (She Who Dares, #2)
  • Lock
  • Havoc
  • Deliverance (Lockdown #1)
  • Dauntless (Lockdown #2)
  • To Serve is Divine (The Divine Trilogy, #1)
  • First Dance (Vice, Virtue & Video, #0.5)
  • Ruined (She Who Dares, #4)
  • Surrendered (She Who Dares, #3)
Ashley Suzanne has been writing as long as she can remember. As a youngster, she was always creating stories and talking to her imaginary friends. Thankfully, her parents also carried this love of fiction, and helped her grow into the writer she is today.

Ashley is a bestselling author and spends equal amounts of time writing and reading. Being the true book whore she is, Ashley would rather dive i