Start by marking “Mega Robo Bros (The Phoenix Presents)” as Want to Read:
Mega Robo Bros (The Phoenix Presents)

Mega Robo Bros

(Mega Robo Bros #1)

London! The Future! Alex and Freddy are just like any other brothers. They squabble. They drive their parents crazy. There's only one difference...they're the most powerful robots on earth! But Alex and Freddy will soon discover that they're not the only super-powered robots around. An evil robotic mind is making sinister plans. And their lives won't stay peaceful for much ...more
Published June 2nd 2016 by David Fickling Books

To ask other readers questions about Mega Robo Bros, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mega Robo Bros

Mathew
Why I haven't read Cameron's book before is beyond me. Having finally picked it up, I instantly found that I was completely absorbed in Cameron's futuristic London in which robots and A.I. both protect the people and cause havoc. Two robots, in particular, brothers, live with their human parents whose purpose is to protect them from a world fascinated by their powers. Not only did I find dad a great role-model but also the fact that the family is not white an absolutely refreshing change. Not on ...more
Alan Fricker
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
The stupid philosophy penguin is worth the price of admission alone
Lizzie
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A futuristic world with futuristic threats. Only two young brothers can save the day...they just happen to be robots! This amazingly powerful read captures a snapshot of family life and submerges it in Sci Fi gold for all ages! Mega Robo Bros celebrates diversity. It portrays beautifully the familiarity of the every day, the mindsets of young children and their parents, the dream of being a super hero in contrast with self discovery amongst the daily pressure put on our younger generation. Coupl ...more
Becky B
Alex and Freddy are two robot boys. They live with human parents, attend school, and do normal boy things. But when the exhibits at the Natural History Museum start to go haywire during their field trip or when the royal family is targeted in an attack, they come to the rescue. For some reason the adults are wary of putting them in the spotlight. Why? Where did they come from? And who is responsible for these attacks?

This is set in a future London and those looking for more multicultural represe
Apr 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Graphic novel set in futuristic era London. Characters are culturally diverse. The plot line is entertaining but it feels like a canned plot line and therefore rather predictable. The only thing that bothered me is that if the robot brothers are that advanced and capable of human feelings, I might have expected them to be more humanoid. (I guess I was thinking more of Data from Star Trek - guilty of preconceptions of my own.)
I think students will like this graphic novel.
Kathy
Apr 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Silly humor (the "poopy butt" song sung by younger brother to annoy older brother), lots of big fights and explosions, and cool inventions. It even squeezes in emotional complexity, as despite the constant brotherly squabbling, the 2 robot brothers actually worry about each other and work together to take down the evil robot. Another book where I am not the intended audience, but I recognize that boys will *love* this book.
Navya
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mega Robo Bros is a really good Graphic Novel. This book is really making me read it all over again. In most graphic novels, The main family is white mostly. I really liked the story and the point of this book. My favorite character is Freddy, he is like me but gender completely switched. Anyway, I recommend this book to kids who are in the age limit of 8-12. It’s a really great book. The author did a really great job on this book.
Amanda
So fun! So much adventure! Robots fighting bad guys and even dinosaurs (sort of)! (

Parental Heads-up though: there is one swear word used a bit; some cartoon-style violence; and some gross-out humour "butt," "poop" "fart," and things of that nature... If you can handle robot nudity, sibling rivalry, the royal family being in danger, secret underground tunnels, and cartoon fighting then this book might be for you!
Richard
The pacing feels a bit weird and the climactic ending seemed oddly rushed, but this is still a lot of fun overall and certainly has potential going forward. Very solid art, great writing on the brother/family dynamic, and plenty of silly fun as well (the trio of pet robots being the highlight. I'm a fan of random French exclamation monkey myself).
Amy
Funny and adventurous story about robot brothers set in a futuristic London. There's humor, mystery and intrigue, and some spectacular robot fighting. But what I loved the most was the very human sibling relationship between the robot brothers; the family is relatable and makes you care about them.
Kristian
May 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a fun story about how brothers get (or don't get) along. I renamed the lead characters after my sons, because I could. Both of them have looked it over, the older (10 yr,)actually read it, the younger (6 yr.) loves the pictures and action. I enjoyed it a lot
Michael Francis Perez
Going against the grain here, but I really don't see anything worth recommending here. Too manic, too crazy, the plot not really interesting. Maybe MAYBE I can convince some school-age children to give it a shot, but me personally I won't give this another shot.
Karin
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
I LOVED this hilarious new graphic novel featuring a pair of robot brothers in future London. It hits just the right sweet spot for me - sci fi + humor + diverse = awesome.
I'm going to try and talk lots of people into reading this one. (Prob best for 3rd-5th grade, but why stop there?)
Marcie
Jun 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Sorry, but I just couldn't get through it. I'm sure there are kids who will love the series, but I won't be pushing it.

I wanted to like it because of Betsy's 5 star and so many others. Maybe in a few years I'll be talking about this as I did Captain Underpants in 1996.
Steph
May 11, 2018 rated it liked it
Not really a sci-fi gal, and the layout/graphics weren't the kind that are easy to read for me. (I prefer the style of Smile/Sisters/Babymouse/Squish/etc.)

Still, I know some kids who will enjoy this graphic novel quite a bit.
Mary
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked this book way more than I thought I would. There is action, adventure, and two robot brothers who sometimes argue with each other. It made me laugh a lot. Please note that there is potty humor and the word "dammit" is used a few times.
Ellen
Jun 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Superheroes, A.I., Action packed, full color, teen/tween robot "humans", diverse characters, science, London, brother relationships
Aud
May 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
More like 4.5. Really fun art, and the plot was original. I loved the diversity of the cast, and the characters were completely believable (especially the robo bros). I think the kids will love it!
Kimberly
Oh my goodness, SO cute! This book is absolutely perfect to hand to any kid who loves graphic novels, poop jokes, and explosions. I hope there are more!
Brenda Kahn
Once I got used to the teeny-tiny font in the speech bubbles, I enjoyed the ride. Squabbling robot brothers in a futuristic London? Who can resist? Really fun!
Heather
Dec 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Started out irritating but ended up cute-- good for kids who love butt jokes and fart humor, ages 7-9. I love Monseiur Gorilla and the Stupid Philosophy Penguin.
Dec 24, 2018 rated it liked it
It seemed fine - but every time I try to read a graphic novel my eyes just glaze over.
Derryn
Good diversity! But the story just wasn’t for me ❤ ...more
Simon Chadwick
May 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
Set in London within the not too distant future, this is a tale of two adopted brothers trying to cope with all the everyday worries of any other child, including getting on at school and bickering with your sibling. The difference here is that Alex and Freddy aren’t two ordinary boys, but a pair of robots.

They’re not entirely sure of their own origins, just that they’re immensely powerful and that they’re to keep those powers in check and not draw attention to themselves, so they go about their
Jennie Rigg
Jun 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is an incredibly well observed story about two small boys and their parents. It's just that the boys are robots and their mum is an fabulously smart scientist. Although this story is packed with Neill Cameron's trademark surrealist humour (Existentialist Penguin Robot FTW!) what really makes it sparkle is the emotional depth he gives the boys. They really touch your heart. This, of course, makes the book something of an emotional roller coaster - cackle out loud one moment, turn the page an ...more
Vincent Ripley
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Book Review to be published first on www.mrripleysenchantedbooks.com
David Wardrop
Adorable, charming, funny science fiction for all ages.
Pearce
Sep 16, 2018
Arlin Rat Snack
Aug 15, 2018
Jmgrey
Jun 15, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 next »

Mega Robo Bros (2 books)
  • Mega Robo Rumble (Mega Robo Bros, #2)