Start by marking “Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)” as Want to Read:
Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)

Devil in Spring

(The Ravenels #3)

4.08  ·  Rating details ·  23,410 ratings  ·  2,768 reviews
An eccentric wallflower…

Most debutantes dream of finding a husband. Lady Pandora Ravenel has different plans. The ambitious young beauty would much rather stay at home and plot out her new board game business than take part in the London Season. But one night at a glittering society ball, she’s ensnared in a scandal with a wickedly handsome stranger.

A cynical rake…

After y
Published February 21st 2017 by Avon

To ask other readers questions about Devil in Spring, please sign up.
Samia Ruponti Yes! I jumped up and down when I read the excerpt! Sebastian is still my favorite hero of all time!
Michelle Przekwas Sebastian and Evie in Wallflowers #3 are my all time favorite couple! I've re-read it every time I'm in between newer series. There better be some ser…moreSebastian and Evie in Wallflowers #3 are my all time favorite couple! I've re-read it every time I'm in between newer series. There better be some serious interaction between Father & Son is this new one....Love it and Can't Wait!!!!(less)

·  23,410 ratings  ·  2,768 reviews

Start your review of Devil in Spring (The Ravenels, #3)
Geri Reads
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-my-loves
Gah!!!

“Not ever.”
Gabriel wanted to pounce on her. He wanted to haul her into his arms and kiss her senseless.

This book is everything a historical romance should be. From its unforgettable characters to its sparkling and witty dialogue, Devil in Spring not only met but exceeded my very high expectations. I loved this book and these characters so much.

Lisa Kleypas has a way of capturing emotions without wasti
Anne
Mar 24, 2017 rated it liked it
This one is hard to rate. For me, anyway.
The first half of the book was easily 5 stars. EASILY! Pandora was adorable, plucky, and sure of what she wanted out of life. And Gabriel is charming, funny, considerate, and sexy.
I just sat back and waited for the sparks to fly!

description

The meet-cute was adorable! With just the right amount of humor, silliness, and historical must marry for appearances nuttiness that keeps me coming back for more of these sorts of books.
Oh, and the cameos of characters from othe
UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish
Have you forgiven Lisa Kleypas for ditching historical romance for...for...whatever that was she was writing? Still holding on to that bitterness? Well, let it go, baby.

Let. It. Go!

Not only is she back with the FABULOUS folks at Avon Books, but she's writing a HISTORICAL ROMANCE series again!

Annnnnnnnnnddddddddd......

Take a peek at that title, DEVIL IN SPRING. Remind you of another similar title? Come on, surely you don't have to think toooooooooooooooooooo hard.... Okay, here's a hint - DEVIL
Christina ~ Brunette Reader

Devil in Spring takes the cake! Persevering and good intentions notwithstanding, I'm sorry to say that after having left Cold-Hearted Rake and Marrying Winterborne quite disappointed, this third book in the Ravenels series has surpassed them by a long shot and has managed to be both boring and irritating in a way I haven't encountered in a long time. If you put together a faux rake and a petulant childish woman, add an inconsistent plot awkwardly spanning from light comedy to overblown melodrama
♥ℳelody

Mixed feelings over this one.

A recurring theme for me in 2018. *sigh*

Some parts I enjoyed and thought were cute. Other parts? Bored me silly. That’s why it took me so long to finish this. 3 weeks to finish a Lisa Kleypas book is unheard of for me. But to be completely fair I’ve also had hectic life get in the way of reading. I’ve been tired, stressed, sick and moody as hell so it was hard to even pick up a book and read.

Did I hate this? No. Did I love it? Not really. It was just...ok
Shawna
5 stars - Historical Romance

This was a delightful read, and I especially loooved Gabriel! He was just too yummy, swoonalicious perfect to be true! I really enjoyed all the witty, charming exchanges between him and Pandora. Pandora frustrated me at times with her insistent reluctance, and I felt like it took a bit too long for her to appreciate Gabriel and return his affection. Still, this was a wonderful romance!
Mei
Feb 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: historical
I know that I'll be in minority, but I had problems with this one...

First, let me tell that Ms. Kleypas writes very well and that I love her style! And that's the ONLY reason I'm giving this 3 starts rating.

When I read the prologue, I was rubbing my hands a avidly read on... At the beginning the story was so promising: fanny, whitty dialogue, headstrong and indipendent heroine, a charming hero...

But from their marrige on the things went so fast downhill that I was left breathless...

The heroine
Auntee
Jan 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of Lisa Kleypas
I love the Ravenels!
Every last one of them. Just as much as I loved The Hathaways, The Wallflowers, and anything else Lisa Kleypas has ever written. I never realize how much I miss historicals until I pick up a Lisa Kleypas book--then I want to reread her whole darn catalogue over and over again!

And omg, to match up clumsy, clever, ambitious, independent, free-spirited Pandora with irreverent, seductive, somewhat of a rake-about-town Gabriel, Lord St. Vincent, son of Sebastien and Evie? (Devil i
Aly is so frigging bored
This has to be one of the best books Ms Kleypas has written in years! There's just nothing to dislike in this book, seriously.
I LOVE THE COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24th June:
Jo
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Not ever.”

Unlike most debutantes Lady Pandora Ravenel has no plans to marry. She has dreams of making her board game business a success, of being free to do as she wants. She refuses to throw away her freedom on a man and marriage. Not even for the wickedly beautiful stranger Gabriel, Lord St. Vincent, who she was caug

Dina
May 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG, OMG, OMG!!! I have just died and gone to heaven!!!

Watch this:
Lisa Kleypas' video

And then read this:
Sneak peek
Jilly
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm being generous with my stars because one of my favorite book-boyfriends in HR, Sebastian Saint Vincent, is the father of our hero, Gabriel Saint Vincent. He's such a DILF!!!

So, Gabriel is a rake and as gorgeous as his daddy. He gets caught in a compromising position with our heroine, Pandora. Even though it was completely innocent, she is ruined unless he marries her. He is willing, but she isn't. This perplexes our rake because, hey, who wouldn't want him?? His milkshake brings all the girl
Gio Listmaker
When We First Meet Pandora (Our Heroine) In Cold-Hearted Rake

You Can't Help But Fall For Her Quirky, Wild Ways

Then The Excerpt Was Released In Marrying Winterborne And I Lost My Mind

Sebastian And Evie's Son As The Hero Be Still My Heart

Pandora The Heroine Is Me And I Am Pandora

Here Are The Facts...................

Pandora Is A Klutz - I Am A Klutz

“Pandora decided to take another tack. “You do not want to marry me, my lord. I would be the worst wife imaginable. I’m forgetful and stubborn, and I c
nick
4.5/5

If you asked me which one book was my most desired book of the year, I would answer, without any hesitations, Devil in Spring. I mean I cried when I heard who the book would be about, so that speaks volumes. Honestly, a book need only have Lisa Kleypas’ name on it for me to want it. But this book, I wanted because I fell in love with Pandora Ravenel in the previous book. And secondly, it features the son of Lisa Kleypas’ most iconic couple, Evie and Sebastian. How could I resist? Yet again,
Lady Wesley
May 13, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: rhr-update, rhr, amz-rev
3.5 stars.

If, like me, you have read and adored Devil in Winter, you probably have been eagerly anticipating this book featuring the grown son of Sebastian and Evie, now the Duke and Duchess of Kingston. And if, like me, you read the prologue on Lisa Kleypas's website last year, where Sebastian seduces a nursery maid, playfully pretending not to know that she is actually his wife, your anticipation grew even more. And you may be asking whether this books is as wonderful as Devil in Winter, to wh
Stacey is Sassy
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Everything I hoped for.

Quickie review...I loved it.

I was an emotional/hormonal goose reading Devil in Spring. At times I was so overwhelmed that I had a lump in my throat because of the feelings it brought out in me. It wasn't because I was sad, it was more about seeing someone who is a wee bit different, finally finding acceptance. We are all different in our own special way. Some of us accept our differences and/or quirky ways and own it. Others withdraw into themselves hoping to go unnoticed.
Geri Reads
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: all-my-loves
Gah!!!

“Not ever.”

This book was everything a historical romance should be.

From its unforgettable characters to its sparkling and witty dialogue, Devil in Spring not only met but exceeded my expectations. I loved this book, these characters so much.

Lisa Kleypas has a way of capturing the perfect emotion without wastin
Kristine
Jul 09, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
ANOTHER EXCERPT FROM DEVIL IN SPRING!!

“Look you,” Pandora told him in a businesslike tone, “marriage is not on the table.”

Look you? Gabriel was simultaneously amused and outraged. Was she really speaking to him as if he were an errand boy?

“I’ve never wanted to marry,” Pandora continued. “Anyone who knows me will tell you that. When I was little, I never liked the stories about princesses waiting to be rescued. I never wished on falling stars, or pulled the petals off daisies while reciting ‘he l
Lover of Romance
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This review was originally posted on Addicted To Romance Summary
Lady Pandora Ravenel isn't like all the other debutantes, she isn't preoccupied with looking for a suitable match, or talking non sessically about the weather, she is always looking for new designs for her board games and the best ways to implement them. While doing a favor for a friend, she gets caught in a delicate position and before she knows it she is compromised by none other than Gabriel St. Vincent.
sraxe

To say that I didn't care for this book would probably be a massive understatement. I think part of it was because it was a new Kleypas in general, but also because it was Sebastian and Evie's son And...well. Yeah, I could've done without it.

(Unmarked spoilers, of course.)

For starters, one of the things I dislike greatly is not only books featuring virgins with manwhores, but especially those that feel the need to recount the experiences of said manwhore. (Or worse: Give me an actual scene. Ugh.
MG

I put off reading this book for awhile because Marrying Winterbourne (the previous book in this series) is one of my all-time favorite historical romances, so pretty much anything else would pale in direct comparison... And I wasn't wrong (this one isn't as good, imo), but it was an overall good story that I enjoyed.

Pandora Ravenel is the younger sister of Helen (h in the prior book), twin sister of Cassandra, and cousin (and ward) to Devon (H from book 1 in the series). Pandora has s
Rachel Reads Ravenously

The first half of this book was 5 stars, and then the second half was about 2 stars. It went from cute to this harried plot thrown in at the last second to make the book thrilling(?). All it did was make it convoluted. It's such a shame because it had such a strong beginning.

Ravenels doesn't seem to be a great fit for me, I prefer the Wallflowers and The Hathaways, but Lisa Kleypas is like pizza, even when it's not great it's still good. And I'm still going to be reading the other bo
Kat Valentine
Sep 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lisa kleypas devil in spring is the third book in her ravenel's series and its a awesome passionate love story between Pandora ravenel and the handsome as sin lord Gabriel st. Vincent. Pandora has no plans on getting married,and Gabriel's not ready to settle yet,but when these two are caught in a scandalous moment their lives will change.I love Lisa's historical romances their full of passion,sensual love making and the happy ending too. Her characters are awesome. ive loved Pandora from the beg ...more
Mandi Schreiner
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: historical
The heroine is smart, adorable, energetic - I LOVED HER.

The hero is swoony and warm and kind and the way he courts the heroine is ADORABLE

Just pure romance. I loved this book.
Jen
This was the kind of book I needed to read after the dark one I read a few days ago! “Devil in Spring” was the perfect light hearted, sexy, and entertaining read that I was looking for. I loved Pandora and Gabriel together! Pandora especially was a refreshing character whom I fell in love with flaws and all! She was such a quirky and unique heroine and it made this story that much more enchanting to me!

My only complaint with this story was that the second half had such a different feel to it tha
Princess under cover
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I didn't know if I would like Pandora from previous books. She was more of a quirky background character that didn't seem all that compelling. But in this book, Pandora is lovely. She's fresh, fun, independent (mayhap the lady doth protest too much at times, but nevertheless) and Gabriel is abs perfect. Beautiful, mature, responsible, patient, loving, what more can you ask for??

description

The two of them togther is dynamic and wonderful and charming and I loved that the book made me smile almost the whole
Truusje
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was ok
I’ve had mixed feeling about this book ever since Lisa Kleypas revealed its connection to her classic Devil in Winter. On the one hand, I thought it’d be lovely to see Evie and Sebastian again, but on the other hand I’m always weary whenever an author feels she has to revisit an earlier – and much more popular – book than her recent works. Now that I have finished Devil in Spring, I must say that it was delightful to see some of her well-loved characters. In fact, I thought it was the best part ...more
Carol Cork *Young at Heart Oldie*
Like every other Lisa Kleypas fan, I was so excited when I discovered that the hero of this book is Gabriel, Lord St. Vincent, the son of one of her most beloved couples, Sebastian and Evie from THE DEVIL IN WINTER. My expectations were obviously high and I’m happy to say that, apart from a couple of niggles, I loved it.

The Prologue was just delightful and it was wonderful seeing Sebastian and Evie still so in love even after 30 years of marriage, and Sebastian has lost none of his devilment.

“Th
Al George
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 02-library
Mama said men were like a box of chocolates.

box of chocolates

"Fact #99 Men are like chocolate bonbons. The ones with the most attractive outsides have the worst fillings."

Series: Oh yes, one more and I will be caught up!

putin clapping

Sexy times: But of course. Tame except for a little journey into tying one's lover up in her corset ties.

Plan on reading more by the author: But of course.

Synopsis
Pandora, Pandora, Pandora. Oh dear. She gets herself into a compromising position with Gabriel and of course, they are caught and t
Bubu
May 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: hr, 2-stars, read-2017
Re-listen April 2018.

Not much time to read, lots of time to listen, though!!

Downgrading this.

I still don't find Pandora as annoying as most of my GR friends. Okay, there's this one thing where I must have completely blacked out the first time round: when she renames the footman. What the heck? Sorry, there's no excuse for that.

But let me rephrase my first statement. On re-listen,I still didn't find Pandora as annoying as Gabriel. Pandora's antics can be explained with her ADHD which Lisa Kleypa
Ethan Ransom Theory 18 344 Apr 07, 2020 03:19PM
Nothing But Readi...: Kleypas, Lisa--Devil in Spring informal buddy read starts May 27, 2018 89 180 Jul 15, 2018 12:28PM
Around the Year i...: Devil in Spring, by Lisa Kleypas 1 24 Apr 03, 2017 05:34PM
Unapologetic Roma...: Kleypas, Lisa // Devil in Spring 43 90 Apr 01, 2017 05:57AM

• A Rogue by Any Other Name (The Rules of Scoundrels, #1)
  • One Good Earl Deserves a Lover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #2)
  • No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (The Rules of Scoundrels, #3)
  • The Wallflower Wager (Girl Meets Duke, #3)
  • The Day of the Duchess (Scandal & Scoundrel, #3)
  • The Rogue Not Taken (Scandal & Scoundrel, #1)
  • Nine Rules to Break When Romancing a Rake (Love By Numbers, #1)
  • The Governess Game (Girl Meets Duke, #2)
  • Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart (Love By Numbers, #3)
  • Do You Want to Start a Scandal (Spindle Cove, #5; Castles Ever After, #4)
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • Never Judge a Lady by Her Cover (The Rules of Scoundrels, #4)
  • Ten Ways to Be Adored When Landing a Lord (Love By Numbers, #2)
  • Romancing the Duke (Castles Ever After, #1)
  • A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2)
  • A Scot in the Dark (Scandal & Scoundrel, #2)
  • Brazen and the Beast (The Bareknuckle Bastards, #2)
  • When a Scot Ties the Knot (Castles Ever After, #3)

The Ravenels (6 books)
  • Cold-Hearted Rake (The Ravenels, #1)
  • Marrying Winterborne (The Ravenels, #2)
  • Hello Stranger (The Ravenels, #4)
  • Devil's Daughter (The Ravenels, #5)
  • Chasing Cassandra (The Ravenels, #6)

Articles featuring this book

In romance, a lot can happen in just one year, much less ten or 20! With multiple award-winning series since the late 1980s, author Lisa...
“The word "mistress" sounds like a cross between mistake and mattress.” 38 likes
“Good God, she really did walk in circles. A pang of tenderness centered in Gabriel’s chest like an ache. He wanted all her circles to lead back to him.” 37 likes