Start by marking “A Christmas Day at the Office” as Want to Read:
A Christmas Day at the Office

A Christmas Day at the Office

(A Day at the Office #2)

One Christmas party. Two merging companies. Free-flowing champagne. What could possibly go wrong?

With her new billionaire boss in town, Sophie’s determined to swap the No-Jobs she meets on Tinder for her very own Steve Jobs. But will looking like a million dollars be enough to kick-start a Fifty Shades adventure?

A ring in his pocket and dressed to kill, Calum’s planning

Published October 11th 2016 by Lake Union Publishing

To ask other readers questions about A Christmas Day at the Office, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Christmas Day at the Office

Melanie
Apr 26, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, christmas
A Christmas Day at the Office was an enjoyable read following the same set of characters as A Day at the Office ten months later on the day of their office Christmas party.

For the employees of Seek Software, the Christmas party being thrown by their new boss is a source of unease. No one knows if their jobs are safe or what the their new boss has planned for the merger. For Sophia, she’s hoping to use the night to snag her new billionaire boss. Calum is planning to propose to Mia Rose and he’s n
Joan
I absolutely adored this book. It was funny without resorting to farce or slapstick or crudeness, it was also kind and caring and had a cast of the most lovely, believable characters I have read about in a long time. I started reading this around 12.30 am when I was unable to sleep, thinking it would be boring or 'not my sort of book' and I would put it down after a couple of chapters and try to get back to sleep.

No such luck. ;)

I ended up reading to the 50% mark and had to force myself to clo
Lucie Paris
I was not embarked by the story of the characters.

The synopsis was cool and I was looking for an easy romance to put my nose into as it's freezing here.
Tons of people that the author tells you about. Hard to bond and to be moved when you don't have time to like them or even build a relationship. Usually I don't mind but in case of a romance, I prefer to feel something. Here, I've received no emotions.
The words are well written and the plot has potential. But it's a bit cold in the emotions part.
Lauren Kathryn
A Day at the Office could have been left as a stand alone but it was nice to have another book to follow on; albeit nine months later.

Like the first story, it is set over the course of one day and evening. It did drag slightly with some characters stories and I felt that Nathan and Sophie's stories weren't really needed. To be honest, I'd probably have just liked two books based solely on Mark and Julie.

The humour wasn't as good as the first and, to be honest, I cringed a bit during this story.
Rachel Gilbey
Sep 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have no idea how Matt Dunn does it, but he has once again written about a day in an office environment that is full of action, humour, ups and downs, small surprises and romance, all the while making it feel like their office is a fabulous place to work, full of caring colleagues.

It had been a while since I read A Day at the Office, around the time it was released, so although I remember enjoying it, I was still wondering just how this new book would work, or if not remembering the details wo
Karjiana
Jun 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
2.5 star read

I loved the first book in this duology; but, this book had problematic elements to it that I honestly don't know if they were in the first book and I missed them, or if they started in this book. I think the former is more likely, but I'm not sure.

On a positive note:
-I love the wordplay the author does throughout the novel. My favorite was "As for Mia? Well M.I.A. just about summed her up."
- I still loved the characters. So much so that I found myself sometimes anxious about where t
Whispering Stories
A Christmas Day at the Office, is the follow up novel to, ‘A Day at the Office’ by Matt Dunn, which was released a few years ago. Now I haven’t read the first book so I was joining the characters as a new spectator, but this didn’t take anything away from my enjoyment as I picked up on their back stories quite easily.

The book is told over the period of one day, the day of the office party. It follows the lives of numerous employees of ‘Seek Software Company’, and is told from their various viewp
Karen Whittard
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you NetGalley for my copy of a Christmas Day in the office.

I absolutely love Matt Dunns series of books and I urge you to read this series if you haven't already. If you have then do not miss this book. It's fabulous.

This book was full of humour from the start. I was laughing so hard in the first chapter (something I've been missing from a book in a long time). It is packed full as always with humour, rumours, action, ups and downs and romance. For an office worker these books never fail
Olivia Farr
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: giveaways-ebooks
"A Christmas Day at the Office" follows several characters on the day of their office Christmas party. It read pretty well but I found it tough to follow so many characters at the start (eventually you do catch up but for the first third of the book, I kept needing to flip back and see who was who). I didn't read the previous book which this followed and if I had, it may have made it easier to follow at the get-go. Overall, it was alright- some fun stories and adventures, all taking place within ...more
Shreeja Mahambre
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another dramatic comedy, another easy read

Another great read from Matt Dunn. This one revolves around the Seek team gearing up to meet their new CEO, while dealing with their own personal drama, of course.
The book is filled with endless drama and there's something happening at the turn of every page. There isn't a full moment in the story. The only trouble with Matt Dunn's writing is his love for extra long sentences. It is easy to loose the premise after one sentence runs for three to four line
Matt Sadorf
May 30, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a sequel to Day at the Office, a book I enjoyed so I figured I would read this one as well.

The thing I like about this book and it's predecessor, is that they are good pallete cleansing light rom coms in literary form.

A smallish company has a group of employees that do a good job, but that's not what we are interested in as readers of their actions. No, we like to see the way they interact, the lamentations about failed relationships, the insecurities, and of course the triumphs (if the
Conny
Oct 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was a First Read Winner of this book and what a fun read. I had no idea this was the second book in the series, since I never felt I was missing something, and it reminded me a little bit of Christmas Parties I have been too. I liked the characters and the storyline was pealed back layer by layer to make me wonder what could possibly happen next and it was hard to put the book down. This would make for a cute Christmas present for anybody working in an office, or really anybody who loves a goo ...more
Susan Aldridge
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was great as a holiday read. I've read another of Matt's office books and I like stories set in that environment. His writing style is a bit 'clunky' but sometimes that goes down quite well with me.
Tracy Collier
Nov 14, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Normally I really like Matt Dunn books but this one felt like for most of the book you were reading the opening/setting the scene chapters, which really didn't move on until virtually the end of the book.
Ainsley
Jun 29, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
A light weight read - in every sense. I was irritated by the portrayal of stereotypical women/girls for whom, it seemed, life fulfilment could only come through ‘getting a man’. There was some humour scattered throughout but not enough to off set the lazy ‘plot’.
Brenda
Feb 26, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I did not finish this book. I read A Day at the Office, and it was okay - a couple of the characters got me through it. But when I started reading this and it looked like Sophie was going to be the main character I just couldn't - I'm sorry but she's an idiot.
Shana
Jan 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Making me smile

What a stressful, fantastic story! A company is being bought, will jobs be lost or saved? Then new owner throws a company Christmas party. Relationships form in the most unexpected ways! Both heart-warming and laugh-Out-loud hilarity!
Georgina Wyatt
Jul 22, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
really good, would like to know the endings for all the characters properly though, is there another book?
Janet
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, audiobook
Cute little story about coworkers attending the Christmas party given when their company is taken over by a billionaire boss. Fun story with some romance and lots of laughs.
Dave Holwill
Jan 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun romp through London with this cast of office workers and their complicated love lives. Comedy of errors and wardrobe malfunctions aplenty.
Good fun.
Rebecca Rowlands
Jan 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's cheesy but I adore the characters so much that I wish we could follow them for at least another 10 books. A great Sunday book.
Isabella
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Romantic comedy at its best!
Funny, ironic and intelligent, with great dialogues and punching lines, and a most welcome uplifting ending. I read it in one day (of course ;) ) and loved it.
Tasya Dita
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016-release, e-arc
DNF at 44%

44% and nothing happened it's just too slow. Also, it follows too many characters and I'm just not interested in any of them.
Louise
Jan 06, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun Christmas Read

Fab characters, great finding out more about their individual journeys. Prince Charming really can come when you least expect it!
Janettef
Mar 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a great follow on to A Day at the Office. I love Matt Dunn's characters and his descriptions of London. A great holiday read.
Melissa Smith
Oct 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I haven't read the first one but I still enjoyed this. Very funny.
Liz Thompson
Dec 27, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: book-club
Tedious
Melinda
Oct 12, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: giveaways
I won a copy of this book a year ago in a giveaway and, because it is holiday themed, had hoped to squeeze it in before Christmas. That didn't happen, so I made a point of reading it in time for the holidays this year. But, did it get me into the holiday mood? Sadly, no.

This is a novel that takes place over one day. I've read books that have been successful with this, but they are the exception to the rule. In the case of this book, it left me feeling just plain exhausted, instead of hopeful or
Didi

Sometimes I do things in a backward way, like reading book two before reading book one. Which could not be effective as there might be some plot that I missed. But when a chance of reading A Christmas Day at the Office came, I really don't want to miss it for the world! Fortunately though - much as I clobber myself upside the head for delaying finishing A Day at the Office over and over again - I found myself enjoying the five characters's shenanigans in this book.

A Christmas Day at th
amy hartley
Mar 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Good read

Funny everyday life for people in London. Real problems every reader can relate to. Lovely Christmas spirit to keep you warm on winter nights
Matt was born in Margate, but eventually escaped to Spain to write his first novel (in between working as a newspaper columnist, and playing a lot of tennis). Previously he has been a professional lifeguard, fitness equipment salesman, and an IT head hunter, but he prefers writing for a living, so hopes people will keep buying his books.

Matt is the author of four contemporary romantic comedy novel

A Day at the Office (2 books)
  • A Day at the Office