Start by marking “Summer at Oyster Bay” as Want to Read:
Summer at Oyster Bay

Summer at Oyster Bay

Summer at Oyster Bay is the perfect, feel-good summer romance, about the importance of home and family, learning what love is, and living for the moment.

They say falling in love is easy. But what if you know it’ll break your heart?

For Emily Tate, returning to her charming childhood home Oyster Bay is like coming up for air after the fast pace of her city life. At the farm
Published June 9th 2016 by Bookouture

To ask other readers questions about Summer at Oyster Bay, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Summer at Oyster Bay

Start your review of Summer at Oyster Bay
sue
Mar 16, 2018 rated it really liked it

Loved this read and everything about it. Emily goes back to Oyster Bay where she grew up, she and Rachel her sister were brought up by they're grandparents as their parents had died in an horrific accident.

Three years later we see her return, shes broken up with her fella who wanted to marry her.

She manages to get a job as an Events manager where she meets someone.

This is an emotional story, a Happy ever after.

Thanks to Bookouture for my copy via Net Galley
Susan
May 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Summer At Oyster Bay

Jenny Hale

ARC received from NetGalley for an honest review.

Jenny Hale has done it to me again! SUMMER AT OYSTER BAY captured my heart from the very first page and never let it go.

Emily Tate is returning to her childhood home on Oyster Bay. When she was younger her parents died and she and her sister, Rachel were raised by their loving grandparents. Emily has been gone for three years and has just broken up with her boyfriend when he asked her to marry him. She will be
Elaine
This book should really come with a warning to make sure readers have a box of tissues at the ready! It is an emotively written, delightful read that takes the reader through the whole gamut of emotions before attaining that elusive but desired HEA.

Emily Tate is returning to her childhood home after three years of city living that just showed her how wrong the city is for her. She’s staying in the home her Grandfather built, the home she grew up after the tragic death of her parents, the home
Carla Johnson-Hicks
Emily Tate has returned to Oyster Bay, her childhood home after three years of city living as well as turning down her boyfriend's proposal. She realizes that she is a small town girl and wants to live where she grew up. She is back at home with her gran in the house her papa built, where she grew up after the tragic accident that killed both her parents. She has been hired by her friend as the events manager at the Water’s Edge Inn, Charles Peterson has recently purchased the Inn and has plans ...more
Aisyah Roslan
I love how heart-warming this book is! Right from the start, I was pulled into the world of Emily who had just got back to her hometown to start a new job and when I met Charlie, I was smitten. Adding Gram to the mix, I fell in love whole-heartedly in the world that Jenny Hale had created.

All the characters were very delightful to know and I just love how they progressed throughout the story. I especially have a soft spot for Charlie because he started out as a typical bachelor businessman who
Steffi
Summer at Oyster Bay is a cosy summer read which makes you feel immediately at home with the seaside town and its characters.

The storyline is straightforward and there is maybe not too much happening but I enjoyed its cosy atmosphere and how Emily settled back and struggled with life changes at Oyster Bay.
The book has a set of wonderful characters and I really liked Emily and her family, especially Grams.

The atmosphere made me feel at home and I liked how the story was built about Emily's
PoshTomes
May 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
I'm about to rant so prepare yourself!

Two things:
1. Why in the world do so many romance books have orphans as the main characters? I'm so sick of it. Can't authors come up with something other than abandonment issues due to dead parents? Ugh, just stop!
2. Why do women feel that their plans or visions of the future are the ones that a couple should agree on? Why can't there be a compromise? I never want my husband to feel that his dreams or desires are any less important than mine. Because I
Kim
Jun 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016, net-galley, n, kindle
This beautiful book transports you straight into the summer. You relax into its pages dreaming of the suns rays beating down whilst you relax on a beach on the water’s edge, the sound of the waves in your ears. See, I’m still there!
It’s set in Oyster Bay in the Chesapeake area. I’ve read several books set in Chesapeake and it makes me want to hop on a plane and explore- it sounds blissful. I also adore small town American settings- so this book had everything for me.
Jenny’s books always have a
Liina
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
After three years away, Emily comes back to her childhood home, where are living her Gram and Sister with her family. She starts to work at a Water's Edge Inn, where she meets the new owner Charlie. He wants to expand the Inn and wants Emily to show him the best of the Oyster Bay and convince the commission that it is a good idea. Emily and Charlie enjoy each other's company and Emily feels herself happy again, until it comes out that the expansion would destroy her childhood home. The house and ...more
Marti
May 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Summer at Oyster Bay by Jenny Hale is a great summer read about family, love and holding on to the past and the future. The story centers around Emily and Charles in a lovely location on the Chesapeake Bay area. I loved Emily’s quest to help Charles learn about the area and the laid back atmosphere of this corner of the US. I loved the story between Charles and Emily and how they were with each other. What I didn’t love was Emily’s attitude that bordered on unreasonableness at times. The ...more
Tracey
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
@bookouture another #winner, Thank You & @jhaleauthor & @NetGalley for allowing me to review this book that at first reading of the title reminded me of my days watching " Home and Away" but thankfully Donald didn't show up!!

This was a loveable romantic book with a hint of humour but enough sand to get into ones flip flops. The characters were loveable and I felt I got to know them well.
This really was a wonderful "pick me up, don't put me down" book.
Elizabeth
Jun 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
This is such a great book to read in the summer. I loved the family and knowing what was coming to them made me cry - literally. The primary characters, Emily and Charlie, were absolutely perfect and the story was perfect for my mood. The setting was the Chesapeake Bay area and the author described it so that I could see it in my mind.

I received this book from NetGalley and Bookouture in return for an honest review.
Nessa
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bookouture
Having read a couple of Jenny's books previously and loved them, I had a pretty good feelingthat I was in for a treat with this book of hers. I certainly wasn't wrong, Summer at Oyster Bay is a truly lovely story about family, love and new beginnings.

I thoroughly enjoyed getting to know each of the characters and seeing how their own individual stories developed throughout.

I especially loved the beach scenes, where time was spent with friends and family and playing in the sea, it made me just
Amber
Jul 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Best summer reading I've read in a while! I loved how the setting on the Northern Neck was so important to the story.
Sally Whiteside
Mar 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fabulous. I adored reading this book. Its a must read for all those that love a good romance. It made me cry. Cannot wait to read more from this author.
Simona
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
*Book provided by the publisher on NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*

So, if you have been a reader of my blog/my reviews for a while, you know how much I love Jenny Hale’s books and yes, she did it again!

Summer at Oyster Bay follows the story of Emily Tate who finds herself back at Oyster Bay after saying no to her ex-boyfriend’s proposal. Oyster Bay contains a lot of memories for her, because it’s her childhood home. It reminds her of her grandfather and brings her back to her gram and
Darcie Boleyn
I loved this story! It was funny, emotional and heart-warming.
The main character, Emily Tate, is sweet and loyal, and I warmed to her immediately. She’s had some ups and downs recently but she always has good intentions. When Emily returns to Oyster Bay, she realises what she’s been missing, and I joined her on a rollercoaster of emotions as she is reunited with her precious Gram and extended family, as well as the ghosts of her past.
Then there’s Charles… the handsome new owner of the Water’s
Ann Cooper
May 31, 2016 rated it really liked it
What a lovely, warm, romantic story! I always seem to enjoy books set in Chesapeake Bay and this was no exception.

I've read a couple of books recently where the main characters are on opposite sides of the fence but fall for each other despite their opposing views. They are good fun as you never know how it will end - will one give way or will they go their separate ways?

The characters in the book are well drawn and contribute well to the story. And the dog is great!

They only slight niggle I had
ItaPixie
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars, netgalley

I loved this story!
I started to read Summer at Oyster Bay during a stormy night and the beautiful writing and the compelling plot almost made me lose my sleep.

I've just moved out of old house where I lived the days of my youth with my late grandparents and this story hit really close to home.

I loved Emily,her character was so realistic and relatable at some point I believed I was reading my own story...unfortunately I'm still looking for my Charlie.
All the characters are amazing and page after

Gem ~ Bee
May 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
A very sweet, nostalgic read that has all the ingredients of a great romance. The setting of Oyster Bay provides perfect escapism with all the warmth, charm and kickback style of the great American outdoors. I enjoyed this easy read and felt charmed by the likeability of the characters and truly felt drawn by the dilemmas of past memories and future happiness that the characters face. If you like beautifully set, upbeat, life affirming romances this book will certainly put a smile on your face.
Frenchorchidea
May 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Yeahhhhh another good book from Jenny Hale! It's now the 4th book I am reading from her, and every time I really enjoy my time trough the pages... Her stories are always so lovely and this particular book is no exception. The characters are lovely, the settings by the sea is lovely. The only thing I regret about this book is that the plot is a little bit too alike from Jenny Hale's previous summer book... That's a bit of a pity I think. I hope her next summer book will be a bit different ...more
Carol
May 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Emily Tate is returning to her child hood home Oyster Bay. Her grandfather built the farm surrounded by her sister Rachael grandmothers home made biscuits and soft white sand. Emily is reminded of what matters most to her and who she is as a person. Emily gets a job at the Waters Edge Inn and Charley Peterson is the handsome new owner who Emily works for. He wants to expand the inn and needs Emily to teach him the local ways so he can convince the planning commission. Emily vows to convince him ...more
Gurdeep Assi
Sep 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this so much that i didn't want it to end. It was a lovely story, a breath of fresh air - a total feel good book.
Oyster Bay is such a dreamy location with gorgeous little features that will leave you wanting to explore, move in and never leave. I loved the characters i met, the ups and downs of their lives.
It's truly a really gorgeous, entertaining novel packed full of romantic gestures that will put a smile on your face. It's ideal escapism, beautifully written. Great work, Jenny.
Jo
May 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2017
I love summer books set in the USA in beachy locations...this one was just a fantastic story...great characters who I loved right from the start & by the end I felt I knew them completely-an emotional story all set in the idyllic location of Oyster Bay...I just want to go there right now!!!
George
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved the book, enjoyed the romantic parts without the need hot and heavy sex scenes, thoroughly wonderful story.

Can't wait to read another story by Jenny Hale, and I know it will be a treat as was Summer at Oyster Bay.
Andijkl
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Quick summer read. Loved the characters and story even though I knew the whole story within a few pages
Joan
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
This book is a simple read and somewhat bland, not exactly my cup of tea, but still it is well-written and fairly interesting.
Cath Hughes
Mar 09, 2019 rated it it was ok
If you imagine the Perfect Guy, it would be Charlie!!!!

Not as good as The Summer Hideaway. And I am guessing Jenny Hale's books are all v similar? With a similar format?
Kristi Duarte
Sep 08, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
This is a very simple romance novel where you know exactly what's going to happen. Perfect for those lazy summer days when you don't want to think and you don't really care what you're reading.
Mette Barfelt
May 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jenny-hale
Lovely summer read!
This is a wonderful story about love and family.
It's nostalgic and full of childhood memories.
This book gives you a delightful summer feeling.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Change of Heart: A Seashell Cottage Book
  • Seabreeze Inn (Summer Beach #1)
  • An Heirloom Christmas: A Small-Town Christmas Romance Novel
  • Seabreeze Summer (Summer Beach #2)
  • Nantucket Neighbors (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove series Book 2)
  • Sisters of Willow House (Sandy Cove, #2)
  • A Time to Forgive
  • I'll Be Home for Christmas
  • The Clause in Christmas (A Poppy Creek Novel, #1)
  • For All My Tomorrows
  • A Lake House Holiday: A Small-Town Christmas Romance Novel
  • Nashville Dreams
  • Nantucket White Christmas: A feel-good, small town, Christmas story
  • The Nantucket Inn (Nantucket Beach Plum Cove #1)
  • The Waratah Inn
  • This Christmas
  • Ninety Days of Summer (Goldebury Bay Book 1)
  • The Little Shop on Silver Linings Street
When I graduated college, one of my friends said, “Look out for this one; she’s going to be an author one day.” Despite being an avid reader and a natural storyteller, it wasn’t until that very moment that the idea of writing novels occurred to me.

Sometimes our friends can see the things that we can’t.

While I didn’t start straight away, that comment sowed a seed and several years, two children,