Start by marking “The Cobbler's Soleless Son (Pandemonium #1)” as Want to Read:
The Cobbler's Soleless Son (Pandemonium #1)

The Cobbler's Soleless Son

(Pandemonium #1)

Everyone expects Renart Walker to follow in his mother's footsteps and become the cobbler for their little demon-ruled town. But Renart isn't interested in a quiet life. His interests are a little more ambitious: he's aiming to catch himself a demon prince.

As a human, he'd never be allowed to even get close to Prince Hrahez. The only solution is to make a bargain with a de
ebook
Published August 24th 2016 by Less Than Three Press (first published August 22nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Cobbler's Soleless Son, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cobbler's Soleless Son

Start your review of The Cobbler's Soleless Son (Pandemonium #1)
SheReadsALot
3.5 Hearts--Renart is nineteen, human and fascinated with demons.

(*whispers*Horns, am I right?)

In the high fantasy world created by Meredith Katz in The Cobbler's Soleless Son, Renart is focused on one thing no matter how aimless he seems to his cobbler mother. Human/ demon relations are frowned upon in their world. Humans are treated more like cattle and slaves in most of their world and Renart's little family has it sweet. Humans are allowed to live in peace (mostly). Demons like using humans
Wart Hill
Aug 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc2016, netgalley, lgbtq
Things I Find While Shelving

I received a free ARC via NetGalley

Renart Walker has a thing for Demons, and when he meets the gaze of Hrahez, a demon prince, he wants this demon more than most.

So he hatches a plan. He meets another demon and makes a verbal agreement: all the soul in his possession for a chance to meet the prince. The demon agrees, so Renart gives them the soles of his shoes. The demon also lays claim to the soles of his feet, and Renart - a cobbler's son - is forced to go barefoot
Daesy
Ami
It's not bad -- but at the same time, I also felt like I didn't understand Hrahez enough. This relationship seemed based on lust only because there wasn't enough interaction between the two except for sex. The twist in the end was nice though.
Chris, the Dalek King
Renart Walker, reluctant cobbler’s apprentice by trade, is a tad bit obsessed with demons. Which anyone will tell you–-demons included–-is a very bad idea. But he can’t deny that there is something about the beings that rule humanity that draws him in like none other. When he catches the eye of Prince Hrahez, the demon ruling his city, Renart is totally smitten. Lustfully. Lustfully smitten. The demon doesn’t socialize with humans so Renart is gonna have to get crafty if he wants an invitation t ...more
Elaine White
Star rating - ★★★☆☆
Word Length – 15K

Cover – Nice.
POV – 3rd person, 1 character POV
Would I read it again – Yes.

Genre – LGBT, Demon, Supernatural, Paranormal, Fantasy

** COPY RECEIVED THROUGH NETGALLEY **

So, when I first read the blurb for this, I was super excited. Demons out in the open, making deals with humans, all to get close to the Demon Prince. It sounded fantastic.

In the end, there was something missing for me. The premise was great, t
Ana
Oct 23, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: trr
A fun fairytale-like dark story of deceive and and lust.

Renart is the cobbler's son, and everyone expects him to follow his mother's footsteps becoming the new cobber. But he had his eyes on a different life; he is looking to meet a demon prince and become his lover. But it is not an easy task and, in order to achieve his objectives, Renart has to take a risk making a deal with a demon in hopes it'll work as he has planned it.

The story was very entertaining. It felt sort of like a fairy tale b
Lily
Sep 04, 2016 rated it it was ok
A promising short story, but I would have liked a more developed plot.
TransBookReviews
Jul 01, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: three-stars, enby-rep
If you’re looking for a short, sexy read that niggling worries aside is still pretty enjoyable, I’d give it a shot. - Matt

I always have a hard time empathizing with characters that seem to be focused only in sex, just like this was. - Laura

You can read our full review here
Marin
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was a nice book a little short but for the bit of plot and sex and it had it was fairly and evenly paced. I enjoyed it.
I wish it was longer or used more information from the initial, and quick, world building. It was nice to get the information but ultimately it was information not needed or even used in the story after it was explained.
Trefoil
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one was a pleasant surprise! great too, if you have a foot fetish lmao
Seregil
Jul 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mm
Cute. I couldn't empathize too much with Renart as I would never have been so careless and wild with my own safety just for the sake of adventure and sex. But it's an interesting world and plot :)
Solly
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it

This series is the last of the short works by Meredith Katz I haven't read. It is, also, one of the horniest short stories by this author I've read. Not that I'm complaining, this was a lot of fun. I liked the worldbuilding we get glimpses of, and what I'm really excited about is reading the other two books in the series. From what I understand, they're all set in different places which all have different global human/demons relationships and I'm really interested to see how Meredith Ka
J1B
This is the book that led me to make a 'heterosexual-elements' shelf, and that's literally all that can be said for it. The author puts the 'h' in 'lgbt,' or should I say 'mm,' since that's what this book pretends to be (it's not).
Diana in SC
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
A pleasant and clever adult fairy tale, with demons instead of fairies.

I would classify this long short story or short novella as either an adult fairy tale or an erotic magical fantasy. It is clever and well written. Renart, the main character, is surprisingly likeable in spite of being an 18-year-old young man whose only aim in life is to have somewhat dangerous sex with succubus/incubus demons. FYI, Renart is bisexual, and there are a few brief but graphic sexual encounters (M/M and M/F). He
Michelle
Sep 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was fairly amused as I was reading this because it said "some explicit content." However upon realizing that most of the focus on demons was on 'cubants' -- aka incubi and succubi, know sex demons -- I learned quickly that this was going to actually be fairly heavy on the sex. It was not an issue,. In fact I found that there was far more plot involved in this than typical erotica, so I couldn't give it that label. but it's very sexy, and has more detailed sex scenes than most full length books ...more
Nicole Field
Aug 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by Meredith Katz, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The world was separate enough to our own that it took me a couple of tries reading the first pages just to make sure I was getting it. Renart is the Cobbler's son and the main character of the book. He seems to be a bit of a thrill seeker, often sleeping with the incubi and succubi that share the world with him and other humans. Apparently there is no rush like it.

But then he sets his sights on the demon Prince Hrahez and sud
Kaa
I won an ebook of The Cobbler's Soleless Son in the Joyfully Jay Opposites Attract Week Giveaway.

This is an interesting concept and an entertaining, quick read, but I would have liked more character development for both of the central characters. Hrahez gets only a little time on-screen, so it's hard to know anything about him other than that he's attractive and playful. Even though Renart was the POV character, it seemed as though his only interest was hooking up with demons, making him pretty
Anita Bianchi
Aug 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Anche se ormai non lo leggo spessissimo, il genere Fantasy mi piace molto perchè mi permette di "evadere" completamente dalla quotidianità. Questo simpatico racconto è stato una bella sorpresa! Renart è un ragazzo giovanissimo ma ha già le idee chiare: vuole il principe dei demoni della città in cui abita. È testardo, furbo e coraggioso e non esita di fronte a nulla pur di raggiungere il suo scopo. Hrahez è potente e spaventoso ma...
È impossibile non innam
Notthatcatwoman
Aug 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 out of 5 stars.

This was a cute little book. Only 41 pages and that affected my scoring. A lot of things that would have been terrible in a longer book, worked in a short story.

It had an interesting plot that was well spread out. Nothing over the top or complicated, but nothing rushed either.

Demon's are supposedly bad, but they are also oh-so-good to sleep with. I would have liked to have seen a bit more world building/explanation, but like I said, it fit for the length of the book.

I would l
Lindsay
Sep 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great enjoyable read. I received this from Net Galley for an honest review.
This is a short story of a young man in love with the demon prince who runs the town our MC lives in. He has a kink about demons and loves to play with them.
He trades his soles!! He wants to spend time with the prince after a 'moment' during the yearly festival.
This is entertaining and light hearted with a good bit of heat!
Magnolia
Aug 16, 2016 rated it did not like it
From Magnolia Reviews: One Petal

If you like sex without much plot, you'll probably enjoy this story. I prefer plot, world-building, and some depth, all of which this book lacked, and I therefore cannot recommend it.

Read the full review on Maggie's website: http://magnoliareviews.weebly.com/rev...
Tenny
Sep 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Okay, this was soooo sweet and cute? (and hot)
The main hero has fetish on demons (lmao) and really wants to have sex with demon prince, but that's difficult. So he makes an elaborate scheme on how to achieve this... Especially the way he cheated the demon made me laugh so hard.
Pépin Pomme
Oct 13, 2016 rated it liked it
It was fun! I love incubus stories, and the main character was... something else, really. Stuborn little shit. It really felt like a fairy tale of some sort
Aveline Reynard
Sep 23, 2016
Abby
Dec 07, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • Port in a Storm
  • Work for It (Just for Him, #4)
  • Boyfriend 101 (Fever Falls #6)
  • Thrown Off the Ice
  • Rago
  • Fence #1 (Fence, #1)
  • First Moon (Four Moons #1)
  • The Professor's Green Card Marriage
  • His Dragon Protector (Divine Dragons, #2)
  • A Demon for Midwinter
  • Requiem Inverted
  • Snowed In: Kit and Harry
  • Tentacles of Love
  • The Promise
  • Space Jockey
  • Concubine
  • Bisclavret
Author of LGBT+ romance and speculative fiction! Likes humans, monsters, and the hazy places between the two.
* Personal Website
* Amazon Author Page
* Book Updates Twitter

Pandemonium (3 books)
  • Behind Bars (Pandemonium, #2)
  • Hair to the Throne (Pandemonium #3)