Start by marking “Eminent Love” as Want to Read:
Eminent Love

Eminent Love

Life doesn’t always start with once upon a time.
Love doesn’t always end with happily ever after.

After spending five years with the love of my life, I did nothing to stop her from walking away. She had her reasons to leave. I had my reasons to stay. But a year later, the realization of loss hits me, and I’ll stop at nothing to fix it. I leave everything behind to drive acr
Published July 20th 2016 (first published June 18th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Eminent Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eminent Love

Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
3.5 ★'s

There's this list floating around for the Top 10 Emotional books and this was on it and that's why I read it. I just have to realize that although I do love emotional books, I really love angsty books and sometimes emotional does not equal angsty! (IMO)

And there's this weird thing about emotional books, at least the ones I've read, that one of the MC's has a weird affliction or a disease and that does not make me a happy camper! Some of that stuff just isn't happy reading unless you're w
Paige
Jul 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
4 "Emotional" Stars

Eminent Love was a rollercoaster of a ride. This book took directions I never saw coming and kept me glued to my Kindle. Leddy Harper wrote an emotional journey that lasted all the way through the epilogue.

Creed and Laney meet in college and soon become inseparable. Yet when push comes to shove, they end up going their separate ways. A year later Creed realizes exactly what he's lost and set out to win the heart of his true love back. But what he finds, after all that time go
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 16, 2016 rated it liked it
3 Stars

I’ve read two Leddy Harper books. Correct, I read one and tried to read another. One was a hit and the other was a let-down. Because I love My Biggest Mistake so much I REALLY wanted to give another Leddy Harper book ago.

I understand why everyone loved Eminent Love so much. I understand that it’s a beautiful story. I actually enjoyed the angst. My issue was the way it was written. I didn’t agree with the flow and that really hinder my reading experience.

The first 50% of the book was a fi
Shannon Moore
Jul 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
I'm going to be 100% honest and say that in my eyes, this wasn't flawless. I did have a few problems with it that I'll discuss in my full review BUT. Yes, a big ol but (hehe) the way Leddy can make you feel, and how much that last chapter touched me is insane. THIS is what Leddy does, what she excels at. Shitballs man, I don't even know. 4.5 Stars.
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I hate being critical, it is just not me, I try to see the best in everything but sometimes you get invested in a story and when you are blindsided you are like WTF. This book gave me one of them moments and not in a good way.

It was hard to get into this book at first, it was slow going, but once it found it's legs I became invested. Told from Creed's POV you are treated to alternating chapters in Then and Now. I loved Creed and Layne as a couple, they have that bone deep, soul mates kinda love,
Grey
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
5 heart wrenching, ugly cry inducing stars.

I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Wow. This book. I may never read another by the author because she ripped my heart out and sent it through the shredder, I'm kidding, of course. But, it was that intense. Once I started this story, I literally didn't put it down. The love story of Creed and Layne was told almost exclusively from Creed's POV, which can sometimes be a hard sell. That is, a female author writing a male POV, bu
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
DNF at 51%

It's likely just a timing thing with me but this book really couldn't keep my interest. Leddy Harper is the queen of "the one that got away" tropes so this book blurb really piqued my interest. But it seems 75% of it is in the "then" and nothing is happening in the "now" part either. I just feel like it's going too slow...

I'm not giving up on this author. I've loved her books in the past and look forward to the next.

Advanced copy received by author in exchange for my honest review.

Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
This was a love story like nothing I have read before. Right from the first chapter I was so drawn into what Creed was feeling. He is a man who may have a successful career but his life is filled with regret. One year ago the woman he loved walked out of his life and he didn't stop her. He had a choice to make and he chose wrong. It has taken him 12 months to realise that his life only has full meaning if it is shared with someone you love.

This story has alternating chapters written in the 'now'
aNneMarLi - Chatterbooks Book Blog
INFINITE "HEALING EVER AFTER" STARS!!!

“… Give people you have known a fresh set of eyes, as we all learn & grow from our experiences & mistakes…” -Diem Brown

Oh.My.God this book! I couldn't even form any coherent thoughts after I finished reading it several hours ago up until now because it was just too much. The emotion was just so damn heavy my heart was wrenched and I am a mess! I just couldn't believe it! I wasn't prepared at all. Sure I heard and read posts on it being a tear jerke
1-Click Addict Support Group
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Leddy Harper, you've done it again! Given us an emotionally beautiful story, which captured my heart, thoughts and emotions—and when I was done, left me a blubbering mess. I honestly thought I had the story all figured out in my head, but the closer I got to the end, the more I knew I WAY WRONG!!

Creed just wanted to go to college and do what he was supposed to, to be able to succeed. His plans never included Layne—Drea's sister—but he was blindsided by her, and by the emotions she brought with h
Teresa Michaels
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I can't say enough good things about this book! Leddy Harper is a gifted writer who makes it impossible to put down her books until you've finished the last page. Eminent Love is beautifully written with raw emotion that draws you in from the very beginning. The characters are so well developed and the storyline is unique and gripping. I highly recommend this book!

Arzumcan
Ohhh God! I can't feel my eyes after this one. After every read like this one, I swear to never read another but here I am again! This book was special because it is based on a true story, and what a story...ohhh God!

"I'm a warrior.Not a hero.
The real hero of my story is Creed.
He'd shown me more love than most experience in a lifetime."
Layne Cooper.

For me, this sums this book up...
Kristie Verdurmen
Jun 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was AMAZING! I have taken months to write this review, so glad I had time because it's been very hard to find the words.

Leddy has surpassed all my expectations with this one, she's set the bar super high for her next one!

Eminent Love was beautiful in every which way, the story was stunning and flowed perfectly. I would not change a thing.

I found I actually loved the secondary characters which is not the norm for me, I even loved her parents which are not a huge part of the story.

I'm
Tina Manuel
Aug 21, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2016
Why for me this was just a 2 star read because I could tell what was going to happen at the end from the beginning. It was pretty obvious what the author was trying to do from the start and I didn't like it.
Julie Gustafson-Monk
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eminent Love was a 5 star read for me! I have never read a love story that had me in shambles.
This book is written with a Now and Then type writing. The then is how they met and grew to love each other. The now is their present life together. I won't say much more on their story because I want you to feel it yourself. And trust me you will feel every emotion!!!

I fell in love with Creed!!! He was an amazing man. He wanted nothing more than to love Layne for the rest of his life. That was his so
Ana Rita
Jul 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A new book, a new challenge, a new way to dream. It is always good to meet new authors, because each of them can enrich my mind and make me dream.
"Eminent Love" by Leddy Harper is a beautiful love story, inspired by a true story and so reading was so much more intense. This book explores the love story of Creed and Layne. This story is narrated by Creed and His speech alternate between Then and Now.
When Creed meets Layne something in him changes, something he never had felt before. One thing is
Jennifer Sons
4 1/2 Emotional stars

WOW! This book had me all in my feels from beginning to end. It goes back & forth between present & past to show the relationship between Creed & Layne. Dre is a huge part of the book as she's Layne's sister & Creed's friend. There's also a plethora of amazing secondary characters that I love.

Layne has been sick for most of her life. We travel through time from past & now to learn about her journey & how Creed & Layne's love progressed. When Cree
BeautyandtheBooks
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
buzy_reading
May 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Main characters: Layne, Andrea, Colin, and Creed
Colin and Creed were roommates. Layne and Andrea were sisters. All were in college. Creed was studying to become a lawyer. Layne was studying to become a graphic designer. Andrea and Colin were dating. Andrea invited Layne on her date with Colin and begged Creed to join in. It was an insta connection with a slow burning development. The connection was instant but Layne and Creed took their time learning, exploring, and growing.
Leddy depicted the st
Bound By Books Book Review
Jul 06, 2016 rated it really liked it
"Sometimes, it's not about the fairytale ending. It's about the healing. The mind of personal growth love offers. The mending of your heart, your soul, and your life."

That quote is the perfect way to describe Leddy Harper's book Eminent Love. A book that will capture your attention, pull on your heartstrings, and have you hoping that the ending for Creed and Layne is a happily ever after. The personal growth of both Creed and Layne as individuals is one that is so real you can feel it burst from

Romance Readers Retreat
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is an ugly cry that I was not expecting at all, there is a subject matter that some may find too much for them and I hate not saying what it is as it will majorly spoil the story. I have followed this authors work from her first book and for me she just gets better and better. The air of mystery I have come to expect really sneaked up behind me with this one even after I had dismissed the idea from my mind while reading.

This story is told from Creed’s POV and each chapter is split bet
Christine
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: best-of-2016
Eminent Love by Leddy Harper is a story of lost love told by the male POV. Loss, heartbreak and choices are at the heart of Eminent Love beautiful tale of true love. A truly refreshing change in storytelling for me. Flipping from present day to 6 years in the past to tell the story of Creed & Layne relationship.

Creed is so focused on school and his plan in life when asked to take out his roommates sister to the movies he want to say no and focus on his studies but his gut tell him to take a
Lianne
Jun 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Eminent Love by Leddy Harper.

I absolutely adored this book, it melted my heart, broke my heart and left a scar on my heart. This book will make you laugh, cry and give you faith, it will leave you numb in places and just emotionally spent but this book must be read, It is so beautifully written, its overfilled with raw emotion, heartbreak and hope.

Layla and Creed’s story is the example of true, unconditional love, it’s about living life to the fullest, following your dreams and learning to dance
Aubrie Brown
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it
Eminent Love. I don't even know where to begin or how to start. All I know is that my mind is filled with a cluster of feelings and emotions. Here we experience a rollercoaster of events and just the unbelievable ride love holds for everyone who goes through it.

Creed and Layne. Both who have battled their own wars and attempted to live their lives to its fullest. Creed, who is both determined and capable of fulfilling a long life dream. And Layne, who has been through more than anyone else shoul
Shameca Smith
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 STAR READ!!

This has to be one of the most emotional books I've read, and I absolutely loved it. To have a love so strong for someone that even a year later you know you screwed up, is unimaginable. I stayed up until 11:30 at night finishing this book and by the end, it had me in tears. The relationship that Creed and Laney have is something that I want in real life. It wasn't an insta-love and that is one thing I loved about this book. I loved the flashbacks from then and now because it gave m
Ashley Hampton
Jul 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I've been thinking about this review for over a week since I finished the book. The message I sent to Leddy Harper when I finished this story - "I hate you. Like a whole, whole lot... (spoiler included so censored)." I enjoyed this story and the characters, both primary and secondary characters. The story was unpredictable in parts, which I really appreciated as a reader. I feared being right about some things, and some of my fears came true. Sorry, no spoilers!

If you're going to read Eminent L
Lisa Pearcy
Melissa Ann
Jul 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This story is a ugly cry read, it's gut wrenching and has wonderful moments and will leave you beautifully broken. It pulls at your heartstrings, and it's a fantastic story that is unforgettable. Leddy delivered a amazing story! The ending for me was wrapped up perfectly. This was my first read by her and she put her heart and soul into this book!
Juli Hall
Jul 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this arc in exchange for my honest review.
This book was awesome. Gut wrenching but so well written. Have plenty of tissues handy for this.
J.E. Benoit
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Reviewed on behalf of The Book Boyfriend Addict (www.bookboyfriendaddict.com). A complimentary copy was provided in exchange for an honest review.

Not every happily ever after looks the same.
Nor is it how you’d imagine it being.

So, let me tell you a little story about how this book came on our radar. We were at an author signing event back in June in CT and we stopped by Leddy’s table to check out her books and to chat. We’d heard of several of her books but hadn’t yet had the opportunity to re
  • Holding Her in Madness (A Woman Gone Mad, #2)
  • Sin
  • Take It All (Blinded by Love, #1)
  • Commodity
  • A Passionate Surrender
  • The Bet (Players, #1)
  • Last Girl
  • Panther's Prey
  • Just One Night (Black Alcove, #2)
  • Asleep (Fairytale Collection #2)
  • Riven
  • Return to Yesterday
  • Ten Thousand Points of Light
  • EVER LONELY
  • The Rancher's Rules (Sunshine Springs Duo, #1)
  • Forget Me
  • Billionaire Boys Club in New York (Billionaire Romance Series Book 3)
  • Forgotten Passion
Leddy Harper had to use her imagination often as a child. She grew up the only girl in a house full of boys. At the age of fourteen, she decided to use that imagination and wrote her first book, and never stopped.

She often calls writing her therapy, using it as a way to deal with issues through the eyes of her characters.

She is now a mother of three girls, leaving her husband as the only man in a