Start by marking “Loving Lindsey (The Protectors, #1)” as Want to Read:
Loving Lindsey (The Protectors, #1)

Read Book

Loving Lindsey

(The Protectors #1)

Lindsey Baker and Will Claxton had once been best friends, until betrayal drove them apart.

Published May 31st 2016 by Panther Press

To ask other readers questions about Loving Lindsey, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Lindsey

Start your review of Loving Lindsey (The Protectors, #1)
Kristi Hudecek-Ashwill
Jul 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is like a walk down Memory Lane, when romances were actually about falling in love instead of getting it on any way possible, complete with dirty language and actions. This was a love story in its truest sense.

Lindsey is a rancher who is having a rough time. There has been a series of unfortunate accidents on her place that she knows aren't really accidents. She is intentionally being sabotaged but she doesn't know by whom.

Will, is the foreman at the Lazy W, a neighboring ranch. He and
Melanie S
Aug 02, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2016
DNF - I slogged throughout the first five chapters, by which point I had figured out the rest of the plot, so I skimmed the remainder of the book. Yup. Got it in one. No surprises and no reason to keep reading. The main turn-off here was the incredibly UN-likeable Lindsey. The woman is as prickly as a cactus, stubborn as a mule, and dumb as a post. Why Will wants anything to do with her, old friendship notwithstanding, is utterly beyond me. With each of her interactions - with Will, with her ...more
Clare O'Beara
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loving Lindsey is a traditional American western romance, set maybe in the 1970s - 80s before people had mobile phones and every pawnshop pushed guns. Near the Black Hills a ranch is having its share of troubles all at once. The brother and sister running it can't agree, while the neighbour ought to be a good friend but is accused of wanting to buy his family's land back from them. Rustled and lost cattle, a beating, and a stolen truck; all combine to undercut the ranch's viability. Horses are ...more
Coco.V
Jun 08, 2018 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon & on iBooks today (6/8/2018)!

Blurb:

Now someone is sabotaging Lindsey’s ranch, and Will seems the most likely candidate. Although Lindsey wants to believe he’s innocent, he’s the one with the motive. Years earlier, her father had foreclosed on a loan that cost Will his family’s land. Still, he insists he had nothing to do with the ‘accidents’ plaguing Lindsey's ranch. He wants his
Cynthia
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ranching

She was left with the controlling interest in her family ranch. Her brother really isn't one. Will's dad use to own the adjoining ranch until her dad bought will he was gone in the Marines. Things are happening at the ranch and no one knows why. With a lot of tension, love finds it way in.
Zoe
Aug 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was drawn into this book from the first page, it's got everything from a mystery to a beautiful love story.
Lindsey is left the ranch when her father dies and her brother resents this so starts gambling and drinking, but she has other things to worry about. She's a woman in a man's world and even though the ranch hands respect her the main man and her second in command doesn't, he can't see why she was left the ranch. Her father left it to her because she had shown more interest in it than her
Heather
Jul 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lindsey is running her family ranch. It has been left to her and her brother Stuart after her father’s death. He brother has never been much of a rancher but for Lindsey is was in her blood. She had always been the tomboy. More likely to be at a rodeo than a school dance. Now, she may fail to keep the ranch afloat because of all the strange accidents/mishaps that are happening. She’s having a problem keeping help and cash is getting tight.

Stuart thinks they should sell Clayton Ranch back to
Huma
Jul 30, 2016 rated it it was ok
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of the book in exchange of an honest review.

First read of the author Patricia Keelyn. The story revolves around cowboys and a ranch. The lead of the story - Lindsey and Will were best friends and could not live without each other untill things took turn for the bad. There is a hint of betrayal shown in the story regarding the ranch that Will believes is taken by Lindsey's father in a wrong way.

Overall, it is a good read if one wants to pass time and have
Lesley
Jun 25, 2016 rated it liked it
Will Decker
Mar 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I like a nice romance with a good mystery. Unfortunately, the mystery was pretty solvable from the beginning. Kind of like watching an old Roy Roger's sitcom on Sunday mornings growing up. Yet, the interactions of the 2 lovebirds was enough to keep the story going. The characters are developed to the point where the hero, an ex-marine, is fallible and beatable when he gets in a fight with the villains. Not all testosterone and raw muscles combined with slick hand-to-hand combat moves learned in ...more
Suzanne
Nov 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is a sweet romance with a twist of mystery. Lindsey and Will were best friends until he left for the military without saying goodbye. They've been avoiding each other until a series of mysterious accidents start happening on Lindsey's ranch. Will offers his help and sparks start to fly between them.

I really enjoyed this book. The characters are well developed and there are a few good plot twists in there. My favorite character in the book is Eric, the bartender. I had a hard time putting
Lenna  Wright-Berry
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Run of bad luck ever end in good luck?

It was good great connection between Lindsay and Will. They were childhood best friends until her dad did something that Will didn't like and ran away for 8 years. Now he's back and there is no question what he wants back into his hands but will Lindsay ever go back on a promise and sell or not. Lots of ranch sabotaging and the real brains behind that will be someone right under her nose.
Kim
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lindsey has something that used to belong to Will and he wants it back. Once best friends since childhood separated by bad feelings , hurtful words and eight long years of absence while serving his country Will returns to get back what rightfully is his. But things have changed, Lindsey has grown up and now is running Silver Creek Ranch combined with Claxton Ranch since her father's death. Rumor has it the ranch has been plagued with a series of accidents and Lindsey is in serious trouble.
Timothy Hendricks
Mar 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed this book very much and much more than I thought I would. It was very well written. At no time did the story feel rushed. I felt it ended well. It held my interest throughout. It was hard to put it down. I enjoyed all of the characters especially the main characters Lindsey Baker and Will Clayton; but the other characters helped to make this a great read. This book makes me want to read more of this Author's books.
Marguerite Warriner
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good read

Loved the fast pace of the story. The story line was a bit predictable. I had the brother pegged as the instigator at the start of the story. How the story unfolded kept me reading. Good way to spend an afternoon.
Tammy Derrick
May 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Great Book For The Most Part - It Needs Editing!!

The book needs severe editing, due to run on sentences. Even I know that there is not suppose to be more than one "and" in a sentence.
Marilyn
Jul 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Good

This is one where a young woman who is running her ranch and so many accidents are resulting in fincal loss.
Steve Bender
Sep 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I got this book through eBook Discovery. It was a good western romance with a strong story line. I will definitely read more of Patricia Keelyn's books based on this book.
Olivia Tusk
Sep 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Nice enough read with a bit of romance and a bit of drama.
Sue
Enjoyed this author a lot.
CJ - It's only a Paper Moon
There wasn't enough development for the jumps that happened between the characters and the pacing was a bit off. It might've been a better story if it had been longer.

As it stands, it's not a bad book to pass a few hours with but not in the top 5.
Rebecca
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Low 3 stars

It started out decently but felt like it wrapped up too quickly and easily in the last third. Like it was building to a longer book then got wrapped up quickly for a certain length.
Kathleen
Jul 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for my honest review. This is the first book by this author that I have read, but it will not be the last.
Will and Lindsey were childhood best friends until circumstances separated them. Now they are back together working to see what is happening to Lindsey's ranch. Will doesn't want to care but he does.
Lindsey is a strong female character who does not need a man to run her ranch. She is determined to show everyone that she is as
Trimaze
Jul 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from EBook Discovery in exchange for an honest review.

Loving Lindsey is the first book in the Protector series by Patricia Keelyn. It is the story of Lindsey and Will who were childhood friends until Lindsey's father forclosed on Will's family ranch. Now years later Will is back in town trying to reclaim his family's land. Lindsey, who has always been secretly in love with Will, cannot believe the romantic interest Will is displaying toward her is for real. Is Will
Carole
Oct 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
Look at the cover. Doesn't it make you want to stop and read the story?
I was also intrigued by the blurb describing a best friends coming together
after so many years.
You have Lindsey who can ride and rope as good as any male. You have Will
who is an all around great guy that served his country and has returned home.
There is the little fact that the Will's family ranch is now in the possession of
Lindsey's family.
Lindsey is really trying abide by her father's last wish and sustain the ranch.
The
Marichus Real
Aug 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given a gifted copy by Story Cartel in exchange for an honest review.
Lindsey is a tough woman, a rancher all over, fighting in a men’s world. Some of her cowhands are not happy taking orders from a woman, even if she has proved once and again, she knows how to do it.
Will is an ex-marine and a rancher. He had been gone serving in the Marines for several years and when he came back, he found her father was about to lose his ranch to Lindsey’s father. Will and Lindsey had been friends all
Monica
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Her father foreclosed on his father's loan which cost Will his family land. Now Lindsay's experiencing a run of bad luck on her ranch. Who else could possibly be responsible but the one man angry enough to do anything to get his family ranch back.

They'd been best friends all their lives, she'd been in love with the man that had once betrayed her. Now she didn't know who to trust. But a promise made ties her hands despite the frightening trouble that seems to be increasing.

Incredible and
Tiffany
Jul 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Loving Lindsey was a fantastic book! It was the first I've read by this author but won't be the last. I couldn't put it down and ended up finishing it in one sitting. I love a strong heroine who is independent and doesn't need a man to do every little thing for her but also knows when to ask for help (eventually). I also love a strong cowboy. This book has both. Along with romance it has a little suspense thrown in too. I can't wait to read more of The Protectors series.
*I received a copy of of
Brandy
Jun 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book from eBook Discovery in exchange for my honest review. This book was full of Suspense and the Chemistry between Will and Lindsey was Hot. They started off best friends and Lindsey fell in love. Will never realized how she felt. Lindsey finds her world is fixing to get more complicated when she tries to keep her brother Stuart from making a mess of his life. Highly Recommend this book for over 18 due to content.
darlene.  wilson
Jul 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Love Over Land

This book had love, hate, intrigue, helping out neighbors and land disputes. Will and Lindsey both wanted the same land. It complicated things that they were into each other. They realized that the land wasn't as important as their love for each other. Loved this book.

• Seducing the Bachelor (The Wilder Brothers #1; Bachelor Auction Returns #3)
  • A Time to Give
  • Fielder's Choice (Tavonesi #3)
  • Bachelor at Her Bidding (Montana Born Bachelor Auction #2)
  • Emma's Dream (Morgan's Run Romances #1)
  • Texas Wide Open (Texas Fever #1)
  • The Hellion and The Heartbreaker
  • The Soldier's E-Mail Order Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #2)
  • Shane (Remington Ranch, #2)
  • Blindsided: Seattle Steelheads Football (Game On in Seattle, #4)
  • Protecting Kate (Dark Horse Inc., #1)
  • The Spy Who Left Me (Agent Ex, #1)
  • Branded for You (Riding Tall, #1)
  • One White Lie (Barrington Billionaires, #1)
  • Ethan (The K9 Files #1)
  • Moonstone Beach
  • Marrying His Best Friend (The McKinnon Brothers, #3)
  • A Rancher's Surrender (Frontier Montana, #1)

The Protectors (5 books)
  • Rough Around the Edges (The Protectors, #2)
  • Running for Cover (The Protectors, #3)
  • Nobody's Hero (The Protectors #4, Wet 'n Wild Navy SEALs, Rebels and Rogues #17)
  • Becca and the Beast: The Inheritance Series (The Protectors Book 5)
“Will Claxton could smell trouble brewing a mile away, but tonight he didn’t need to go that far. Seated on his favorite bar stool at The Rusty Spur, a run-down watering hole on the outskirts of Willowbend, Wyoming, the place was primed and ready.” 0 likes
“There, see .” 0 likes